Liverpool Thread 2011/12

Rafalution

Agree with Downing being unlucky with 0 assists last season. There were a few good crosses he has put in that should have been put away. One to Kelly in particular stands out can't remember who it was against though.

I hope to see an improvement next season. For me he just looked so low on confidence. When he had a go and tried things he looked good! Hitting the bar after that great run on the opening day of the season against Sunderland springs to mind. I often wonder if he would've had a better season had that gone in.

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is no secret that Liverpool were not as potent in front of goal as they would have liked in 2011-12 - so we thought it was worth looking beyond the traditional 'assists' table to see who created the most chances during the campaign.

Our stats partner Opta has tallied the 'chances created' by every Liverpool player last term - combining 'assists' with final passes which resulted in a chance but not a goal.

The data makes interesting reading. Here's a list of our top 10 chance creators in the 2011-12 Barclays Premier League (minutes played in brackets).

1. Luis Suarez - 61 (2,556)

2. Stewart Downing - 55 (2,477)

3. Charlie Adam - 47 (2,175)

4. Dirk Kuyt - 40 (2,002)

5. Andy Carroll - 40 (2,065)

6. Jose Enrique - 34 (2,992)

7. Craig Bellamy - 32 (1,241)

8. Jordan Henderson - 31 (2,663)

9. Steven Gerrard - 27 (1,212)

10. Glen Johnson - 22 (1,952)

This season Liverpoolfc.tv signed a deal with Opta that means we can bring you the kind of in-depth statistics that no other club website in English football can offer.

And over the next few weeks we're revealing some fascinating figures to help you understand who did what in 2011-12 - continuing today with interceptions, blocks and clearances.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/who-creates-the-most-lfc-chances

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/there-s-only-two-luis-suarez-1

Man city are supposedly interested in Skrtel which is why Skrtel is supposed to be considering or considered leaving. I can't see why they would need him though but if he went who would you take from city?

I know it wouldn't work like that. I'd rather have the straight money as well. But I'm sick of us getting poor fees for our players. If City want him play hard ball with a top end figure. We know they have the money, if they don't want to pay it then we keep him.

I know it wouldn't work like that. I'd rather have the straight money as well. But I'm sick of us getting poor fees for our players. If City want him play hard ball with a top end figure. We know they have the money, if they don't want to pay it then we keep him.

I agree. He was fantastic last season, it makes no sense to sell him unless we get way above his actual value.

BR is bringing Colin Pascoe as his assistant so its not really a surprise Clarke is leaving. Expect Kevin Keen to move on as well and there was talk a while ago of Rodolfo Borrell being promoted to first team coach.

no, we played a deep def line last season which contributed to us looking solid but also contributed to our lack of goals aswell imo.

im also thinking skrtel for big money is a good idea, his form under rafa was patchy and i think it was the high line we played that caught him out, rodgers is set to bring that back which could conceivably catch him out again. i think hes better when facing the ball rather than defending while retreating, if that makes sense?

He had a class season last year but he's still not in Agger's class, or anywhere near as good as Hyypia or Carragher were at their peaks. So I wouldn't be heartbroken if City came in and offered silly money. I think he's relatively easily replaced.

If Agger was to go, then i'd be crushed.

Sign Godin/Lugano to partner Coates and continue to snap up all the Uruguayans IMO, inevitable that we'd get Cavani eventually if we do this.

Infact, lets extend it to South America so we can have a forward three of Suarez - Cavani - Sanchez :cool:

Missed 11 league games but how many of them were actually due to injury and how many were down to rotation?

He didn't seem to pick up as many injuries this season. And the ones he did were impact injuries (can't legislate for broken ribs). Obviously he's always a risk but for me, when he's fit he plays. If he doesn't, work around it. Definitely not worth replacing him and consigning him to back up to whoever we get because the likelihood is he'll be better than whoever we get, and if last season is anything to go by, he'll be fit more often than not.

At a massive generalisation I would say 75% of the footballing population listen to and follow the gutter press, even if it's massively less than that, the fewer reminders we get of last season's debacle the better if u ask me.

It's hard to mind your own business when you ****in tweet it to the world

Yea I often get offended by something one person says to another in a public place.

Ah wait no I don't because I'm not ******** enough to think it was anything other than a conversation I overheard. It's exactly the same.

e: and that's ignoring that it wasn't remotely offensive in the first place. Backwards idiots.

Exactly the same :D "overheard" in that context isn't a word that exists in twitter.

If you can't see the slightest thing wrong with him tweeting that though, you're as moronic as those you love to call the same mate.

And it's not about being offensive, we're trying to turn a corner not be shackled by more mass media ********.

Hmmm, not sure how you made that inference; never did I once express my opinion, I've been speaking objectively throughout :confused:

My point has nothing to do with anything other than the barrage of **** LFC has endured in the last 12 months and this doing nothing to improve that.

Well done though, for missing that entirely.

No, your point was that the club should be pandering to what your ****** excuse for journalism puts on it's front pages, even though your statement said the opposite for some bizarre reason. The mail prints it incorrectly and out of context so it shouldn't be said? What sort of logic is that?

Newsflash: There was absolutely nothing wrong with his tweet. Nothing. Your argument should be with terrible perceptions amongst your population who don't understand other languages, not with what a player writes to another.

listen, I understand the concept of "when in rome..." and a person working or living in another country would be well served to brush up on social norms before moving there.

but I also believe that a country who styles itself a global, cosmopolitan leader made up of a polyglot of citizens and boasts the best iteration of the world's game any nation has to offer, they should wise up and try to understand idiosyncracies and colloquialisms of cultures that are not their own.

and if those two paths diverge from time to time, the *least* that should happen is that the supporters of that player's club should stick up for their man rather than cower in fear of wum broadsheets and cry about appearances.

Archived