Mr Hough 4-1-1-2-2 FM11.1 Tactic

Mainly because of crosses. The AI tends to cross to far post, and you have a duel between your fullback and the opposite striker, your DC usualy doing... nothing ^^

What if we set each DC to manmark each striker (assuming 2 DC and 2 ST)?

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Hough,

Though I'm not playing with your tactics (I try playing with my own tactics, tweaked with things I read on the forums), I'm reading alot of interesting stuff in this tactic, especially your vision on AML and AMR has caught my attention.

I am currently playing 4-2-2-2, with two MC (att & def) and AML and AMR both on attacking. The thing that has bothered me in my tactic is the poor performance of my DL and DR, getting poor grades all the time.

As I watched the match engine, I saw my backs having a lack of support from my wingers. So seeing that AND reading this, I'm going to try a basic 4-4-2 with the ML and MR on attacking, but hoping that due their new position, they support the DL and DR too...

But one thing I do wonder: what kind of role do you give your ML and MR? I'm currently placed them on ML and MR, but their role is Winger. Should I put this one on wide midfielder for a more supporting role?

Putting a few Finishing Touches to my 11.2 tactic now, Unfortunately I'm on a few 12 Hour shifts at work next week so it won't be out till Wednesday Thursday at the earliest, I'll whack some screens up tomorrow though.

I have tested with Tottenham and Huddersfield so far and both teams have played Exceptionally well.

Putting a few Finishing Touches to my 11.2 tactic now, Unfortunately I'm on a few 12 Hour shifts at work next week so it won't be out till Wednesday Thursday at the earliest, I'll whack some screens up tomorrow though.

I have tested with Tottenham and Huddersfield so far and both teams have played Exceptionally well.

Dude, wouldn't it be better to wait for the real 2nd patch after the transfer window. They're more likely to make actual gameplay changes then, the most recent "patch" wasn't a patch but a hotfix. Not saying i don't want your tactic asap, but if you really want to wait until you have all the patch advantages then the post transfer window one would be probably best unless you want to double your work load...

Dude, wouldn't it be better to wait for the real 2nd patch after the transfer window. They're more likely to make actual gameplay changes then, the most recent "patch" wasn't a patch but a hotfix. Not saying i don't want your tactic asap, but if you really want to wait until you have all the patch advantages then the post transfer window one would be probably best unless you want to double your work load...

The 11.2 patch has a load of Match Engine changes it.

The 11.2.1 patch was a hotfixed released shortly after the main patch - that didn't include any matchplay changes.

The 3rd patch will be tiny matchplay changes but mainly database updates such as transfers etc.

What if we set each DC to manmark each striker (assuming 2 DC and 2 ST)?

Dunno about that, DJLM82. Then we'd have to tinker with the LB/RB settings as well on each occation, and that would quite probably have an effect on the entire defensive setup. And what if the opposing team starts going with that crazy 3 up front idea...? That said, Mr Hough has commented that the defence is a bit on the short side for this version, so why don't you give it a go? Me, I'm no tech wiz for sure. I'm more one of those "quick-fix-maniacs" that masturbator in post #335 is rambling on about...

Got to say Mr Hough this tactic is awesome!

I Tried using it on 11.1.1 and it didn't really go well but since 11.2.1 it has worked a treat. I leave all the OI and Match Prep to my assistant. I use Zero Sea's Team Talk Guide. In the my 1st 3 games I didn't change the tactic at all and in the 4th I pulled the wingers back to MR/ ML. I drew Real Madrid in the CL group stages.

I only signed 3 players Hazard for £16m (£10m over 48 months), Lloris for £26(£16m over 48 months) and Lee Hodgson for £1.8m to act as cover for right back. I Sold Owen, Gibson, Kuszczak, Brown, O'shea and De Laet for £18m in total with clauses.

My Results so far:

unitedfixtures.png

This tactic is still killing for me! I got Braintree into the BSP after one year and just beat a much stronger Luton Town 7-1. Ben Matha with 6 goals!! My first double hattrick in 3 years!

cerud

cragswfc, do you suffer from memory loss mate, if i remember rightly on daves 4123 tactic, he tested it with huddersfield, it wasnt a problem then so whats the difference now? continue to have faith

yes but they player have improved alot. and also can you remba me asking him to test it with barnet?

So far this season with the new patch your original tactic is playing even better...

Bear in mind i got to the final of everything last year, won the league, League Cup, in the final of the FA due to it being 3 ****ING DAYS before the CL final i played my b-team who would niormally have been enough for Spurs. Sadly i lost 2-1 with two goals allowed. It would all have been ok and not mattered if my plan had worked an i won the Champ League. The final was drawn 1-1 with me having one goal marked off for offside and missing a penalty...then i lost on penalties.

So it wasn't like Comp Dominance 2.0 where i woulda won those matches but it was still really good last season with the older patched game. So i hope this season with the new sqaud additions making me a complete world class team from top to bottom (last season a few were getting too old), the new patch makng it more realistic and your tactic therefore working even better.

Plus continuing with all the usual. Specific training reigimes, insightiive team talks, team prep and so on i can dominate the world this season. I'll let you know how it goes.

BTW is your new tactic going to be the same formation? I really love playing this formation for the reasons i stated before. Wingers, two strikers, defensive mids, my three favourite positions. Plus the way it is effectivanly adaptable in game to change the course of a match. With a lot of other tactics, Com plete Dominance 2.0 included no matter what you did you had the feeling you weren't making any difference with your changes/shouts/instructions/change of formation. Except the every so often player coming on and doing well.

Mr Hough

I know your busy with work, but when you get a little free time, could you post up those screenshots you mentioned a few days ago? Also can you tell us how you got on in the league with your new tactic?

Cheers

Steve

Yeah i will defo be uploading some screens today, I'm only doing a 7hr shift at work so got plenty of free time tonight, Completly changed the tactic formation everything. The tactic is now a 4-1-2-3 like my FM10 tactic.

I was doing well with the Winger tactic i had but felt that it wasn't good enough to be considored a plug and play tactic yet, So having seen Franky's Blitz tactic i was kind of Inspired to resort back to what i know best, The formation 4-1-2-3.

Now when i say Inspired what i mean is, I see the tactic and thought maybe i should try working on something different instead of just keep trying to use the same tactic but not getting the results, I haven't Downloaded or tried the Frankys Blitz tactic in anyway, Just the idea was enough.

Now i would say this tactic is just as good as my Previous ones for FM10 easy, All i am working on now is litrally playing around with the defence to see if i can make it better, Everything else is perfect.

I'm an Inter fan so I'm very eager to try out your new 4-1-2-3 tactic as I feel it closely resembles the new style of 4-2 Fantasia play that Leonardo would use! I just hope there is still room for the AMC role as it would be quite a waste not to fit in the #10 player!

ooo I'm excited, hoping for an early xmas present from Mr Hough! but understand you won't release till ready :) Oh and what have I got you in return you may ask? Erm...Your present is under the tree at my house, if you don't show I'll assume it's ok for me to have it. HAPPY CHRISTMAS MR HOUGH!!!

I though today was the big day when Mr Hough upload his tactic.It is almost 9 here :( ...Come on Mr Hough,don't kill us waiting!

Not at any point did Mr Hough say he was going to put the tactic up today so stop whining and show a little respect, and the same goes for anybody else thats thinking about posting asking for the tactic. Nobody wants to see this thread descend into the frenzied joke it did last time, so stop asking.

Not at any point did Mr Hough say he was going to put the tactic up today so stop whining and show a little respect, and the same goes for anybody else thats thinking about posting asking for the tactic. Nobody wants to see this thread descend into the frenzied joke it did last time, so stop asking.

+1

It'll be ready when it's ready regardless of what anyone has said!

Anyone who can't wait for the new tactic should try and tweak the 4123 unbeaten 10.3 version - I have, and I'm having a blast with it in the early going, it's a real hoot if you stumble on a working setup and start destroying teams just like the old times.

Yeah mate, I won the league twice in three seasons, won two legue cups and got to the CL final with the 10.3 winger tac.

*That was with Sunderland by the way

Archived