Mr Hough 4-1-1-2-2 FM11.1 Tactic

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some people are so rude! This man is clearly a legendary tactician and provides you with the tools to win games and you lot either criticise him after trying it for 3 games (ever heard of giving it time to settle?) or want to know what the lad has had for breakfast, what his favourite colour is and various other trivial minutiae.

If it's not working either give it time or have a look at your players or failing that - design a tactic yourself you ungrateful beggars. I have had great success with the Beta getting back to back promotions with Bradford. Now lying 5th in the championship and hoping this will help with the away form which was undoubtedly more patchy.

Congrats on another fine peice of work Mr Hough, surely a role at SI beckons for you!

I totally agree...

great tactic as usual Mr Hough:thup:. Im United. Signed rodwell And dzeko only. lost first game away to arsenal but team was getting used to the tactic. Havent lost since. Just wondering is anybody having trouble keeping clean sheets. Conceding about a goal a game. Think ive only kept 1 clean sheet so far cant check now im working.

I don't understand what is going on, I can't win and keep getting out played by the opposition every game.

I'm gonna have to have a serious look at this because something isn't right.

this happened with my arsenal team at home to west ham , they outplayed me everywhere until they had a man sent off , i think it could be to do with haveing to much space in the middle from defence to attack?

Player Requirements

Keeper - Aerial Ability Reflexes Agility Handling Positioning Jumping One on Ones

Fullbacks - Tackling Marking Anticipation Jumping Heading Stamina Pace Positioning

Central Defenders - Tackling Marking Anticipation Jumping Heading Pace Positioning Determination

Defensive Midfielders - Work Rate Team work Pace Positioning Passing Marking Tackling Strength

Wingers - Crossing Dribbling Finishing First Touch Pace Flair Technique

Strikers - Crossing Dribbling Finishing Off the Ball Composure Pace Flair Technique Anticipation

I have noticed that the two midfielders are set to different roles, the left is an Anchor Man whilst the right is a Defensive Midfielder, the guy i had on the left was really struggling and i could not work out for the love of god why this was happening because he had just as good abilities as the other guy and then i noticed he was set to anchor man so i have placed him with someone higher heading and Determination and it has done wonders, the same with the strikers one set to deep lying forward and one to Advanced forward and according to the highlighted attributes i have adjusted the players and once again this has done good. Results have been indifferent so far but now i have seen these differences i hope for better results from here on!

I have noticed that the two midfielders are set to different roles, the left is an Anchor Man whilst the right is a Defensive Midfielder, the guy i had on the left was really struggling and i could not work out for the love of god why this was happening because he had just as good abilities as the other guy and then i noticed he was set to anchor man so i have placed him with someone higher heading and Determination and it has done wonders, the same with the strikers one set to deep lying forward and one to Advanced forward and according to the highlighted attributes i have adjusted the players and once again this has done good. Results have been indifferent so far but now i have seen these differences i hope for better results from here on!

Defensive midfielders will often find themselves in the box, defending crosses when the opposition's midfielders make forward runs and the cross is being made from the byline. "Aerial" attributes for the DMs are not to be dismissed.

I have changed most of the filters i am using to search for players now, basically going with the ones which are highlighted in the game which has worked wonders and the results have been getting better. If you cannot be bothered to go through them all you can get them HERE. I am currently Ipswich i have all players with a minimum of at least 10 in all areas.

I have changed most of the filters i am using to search for players now, basically going with the ones which are highlighted in the game which has worked wonders and the results have been getting better. If you cannot be bothered to go through them all you can get them HERE. I am currently Ipswich i have all players with a minimum of at least 10 in all areas.

Just about to start a game with this tactic so that's much appreciated zipster. Thanks.

too bad i cant swear, but people with your level of stupidity amaze me..

i don't know what you want to say (sorry for my english, i'm italian). So, i replayed the same 3 machts whit "mr hough 10.3 winger tactic" and the result are:

2 draw and 1 victory (two away and one at home)

(and chievo vs bologna 1-1!)

No your not, I of all people are having problems and i shouldn't be, Not sure why though to be honest.

Really annoying.

Thank god,I thought i was the only one.

The main trouble in the tactic seems to be there is no possession of the ball or any shooting on goal attempts,it may only happen if the opposition team are very weak.

Being honest I tried it with my Palermo side, and did not do well, maybe the formation could change, dropping one of the strikers to AMC position, as I could see a big gap playing against teams in Italy who play alot of narrow formations, with more central modfielders.

Steve

I'm noticing that there seems to be a large gap between the 2 DMs and the 4 attacking players, getting lots of direct play from both CBs to the front 2 bypassing the 2 DMs. Have you considered using 1 CM and 1 DM to try and bridge the gap?

You need to give the tactic time and make sure your players are happy.

I managed to sneak a 1-0 win over Arsenal in the league cup, next game against them in the Prem, thumped them 6-0 and the only difference was my players were happier.

Lots of promise but I feel there's a hint of randomness in the game now to combat 'ultimate' tactics.

No your not, I of all people are having problems and i shouldn't be, Not sure why though to be honest.

Really annoying.

im currently having problems won one game n drew 1 in 15 games with fc united, so i tried on my man utd save which i am unbeaten in 28 games so morale is already high, played 6 won 1 drew 2 and lost 3. im gettin tore apart by opposition, not controlling possession and really not creating a lot of chances. im gonna have a play around n see whats what?

First off all, ty for the tactic Mr Hough, really appreciate it.

Now correct me if i'm wrong, but this tactic is somewhat different then the one you had in the sneak preview. May i ask what made you change the tactic since you had so good results with the one you had in the sneak preview?

I, like some ppl here find the tactic somewhat irregular. Tried it on different teams and it works better on some, but even on the teams that appear to have better results, i find i don't have as much goalscoring opportunites as with your other tactics.

You think it'll make any difference in changing one of the DM to a MC position to try and balance the team a bit?

Thx again for the tactic

edit: forgot to mention that all the teams that play against me always have more shots on goal then me. Wonder if it has anything to do with the midfield layout?

Dave I've been playing as Braga. I have noticed that I seem to get out-passed in midfield Arsenal style when playing against a team set up as a 4-4-2. I've played well until I played Ajax in the best placed playoff and they pinged it around. It does seem pretty solid though and Braga haven't got as strong a squad or bank balance as Ajax by a long way. I'll keep on playing and see if anything changes as the season progresses.

Cheers, JJ.

Hi - major lurker here... so while I'm actually posting, I'd like to thank Mr H for his fantastic efforts with tactics. I only discovered FM in January, and after getting driven mad by my own shortcomings at the tactical side of the game I turned to the forums and the tactics that better tacticians than I had come up with. The frustration was so bad that I'd probably have given up and moved onto something less maddening... so I tried your 4-1-2-3 tactic and found that the game was finally truly enjoyable! After all the bizarreness towards the end of the sneak peek thread, I hope you'll be encouraged to know that there's guys out there that might well not be playing if not for your effort :-)

Anyway, I've got no real feedback about this new tactic yet - I've started a career game in BSS and I've not built the squad yet, let alone given them time to gel.

One thing I did notice however, is that both DCs are both set to 'Cover' This seems unusual, so I wanted to check that this is correct? A mis-click somewhere or something going wrong with my import? If you could let me know if this is intentional I'd be grateful!

Cheers :-)

Really annoying.

if this is playing with Spurs, then take into account that in all my (half-season) saves ( 9 of them), they have not been higher than 9Th after 20 played matches. They seem to struggle to struggle big time unless using micro man management and for that, I know that there might be little time when tweaking tactics ( or being a AI, they are very inconsistent with that).

So in short, perhaps you should not worry too much yet, at least not until failing with another team as well

I struggled with a better team being outplayed by relative minnows so moved the team instructions to 'more expressive' and made one of the DM's a deep lying playmaker with an attacking mentality. This seems to have allowed my more skilful players to express themselves creatively and results in my dominating teams again.

Great Opening Post Mr.Hough. Will give this a good go with my Grimsby Team (In Premiership First Season) Predicted to finish dead last! I have a defence that isn't premiership quality by a long shot! Twelve new players in the squad and the team will need to adjust to the tactic, if i survive this season i'll be very happy. Will report back in a few days or so with results/any tweaks.

One Love x x

i have been playing a game with my mate at work, he is man u and im liverpool, of the top off my head we're in december and im 6pts clear of chelsea who are in 2nd, my mate 6th, i have been playing gerrard as right winger and he is amazing, torres after a slow start is now on fire, 1 of my results 2-0 down at villa, told them i was angry, came back to win 4-2, all the match prep bars are nearly full and its on defence, tactic is amazing for me so far thanks.

I've noticed what the problem is with the tactic and thats the space in the middle of the park which the AI takes advantage of. I am 1 of the people whos team has played badly with this tactic. Drew 2 and lost 1.

I have just done a rework on the tactic and won my first game 3 - 0. The formation is 3 - 2 - 3 - 2. I shall gladly share my Mr.Hough 3 - 2 - 3 - 2 tactic if it continues to work so people can try it :)

Also got to add, my first clean sheet and its with 3 defenders!

Yeah I have noticed what others have been too. I think the gap in midfield is too big so maybe the 4-1-1-2-2 would be better afterall?

What settings did you have your CM set to previously, Dave?

Cheers.

I think that's definately the problem, some teams are useless, but a lot of teams are able to take advantage of that space, even the so called lower tier teams. I'm working on a solution to it myself, but unfortunately my 3 - 0 victory appears to be just a fluke.

Oh, how on earth do I get match preparation to stick on defensive positioning? It keeps resetting and I cannot find an 'apply/confirm' button.

you must have your assistant manager set to deal with match preperation in team settings

Archived