• Paul Robinson
    • Ben Foster
    • Chris Kirkland
    • Manuel Almuuuuuunnniaaaaa
    • Ross Turnbull

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, probably more than you. Green is awful as I said above, he fails to come for crosses just does not take charge and I am not a big believer in his 'shot stopping' either as I see him getting down or across but the ball still flying past him. He doesn't do James-esque charges out of the box and he's had his purple patches but going into this World Cup with Green in goal is not filling me with confidence

What experience are you guys talking about regarding James? Are you talking about the experience to see him fumble balls and make clumsy mistakes? :D

Hart all the way... :)

btw I remember when I first came to England James was having a rough spell at Liverpool and he blamed it on some videogame addiction... :D

Yeah, probably more than you. Green is awful as I said above, he fails to come for crosses just does not take charge and I am not a big believer in his 'shot stopping' either as I see him getting down or across but the ball still flying past him. He doesn't do James-esque charges out of the box and he's had his purple patches but going into this World Cup with Green in goal is not filling me with confidence

as with all england keepers in recent times he's been widely praised until actually getting the first team spot, at which point the criticism starts. am looking forward to the 2012 joe hart backlash.

seriously i feel like the only sane person in an asylum here. hart's got one ****ing cap and the world cup is a month and a half away

So you say he needs more experience? So how is he going to get experience if he doesn't get picked for the national team?

So you say he needs more experience? So how is he going to get experience if he doesn't get picked for the national team?

there's a difference between getting experience and suddenly being no 1 at the world cup after one cap.

plus is it just me who remembers him being a bit ropey earlier in the season?

i appreciate the novelty of having an english goalie playing for a side finishing in the top half of the premiership, but lets keep some perspective here. i'd love him to be goalie at the next world cup, or even the next euros, but now is clearly not the time

plus is it just me who remembers him being a bit ropey earlier in the season?

i appreciate the novelty of having an english goalie playing for a side finishing in the top half of the premiership, but lets keep some perspective here. i'd love him to be goalie at the next world cup, or even the next euros, but now is clearly not the time

So who is your choice?

green or james, leaning towards the former

green grafted for ages to get into the england side and has been pretty good at national level imo. club form isn't great, but i think that's more to do with west ham's general state at the moment and i don't think it would translate into playing badly for england

still not a strong position for england though

as with all england keepers in recent times he's been widely praised until actually getting the first team spot, at which point the criticism starts. am looking forward to the 2012 joe hart backlash.

He's had his good spells but generally speaking if he we had any half-decent keepers he wouldn't be anywhere near the team. The latter part of the season though he's been shocking.

I don't think is a case of people picking on him now he's 'at the top' I mean look at his performances, he's been abject, he really has, there's plenty of ammunition.

Not that anyone is saying James is great or anything and we all know he'll do something stupid, just highlights how poor Green has been lately with the basics imo.

Obviously we can't use Hart now as he's not had a look in yet so it's straight out between Green and James. I am just not sure where Capello stands on it, always assumed it was James, he some niggling injuries and then seemed like Green was first choice, even for Egypt when I am sure James was back playing again and he still went Green

On form alone has to be Joe Hart. James too much of a liability and Green is even worse.

If only Chris Kirkland wasnt made out of straw :(

To add to this. Green is a good shot-stopper but is prone to throwing the most terrible of clangers. What makes him even worse is his distribution, its bordering on awful. James more experienced, but just as likely to throw in a clanger. Hart is certainly the more solid of the three.

green or james, leaning towards the former

green grafted for ages to get into the england side and has been pretty good at national level imo. club form isn't great, but i think that's more to do with west ham's general state at the moment and i don't think it would translate into playing badly for england

still not a strong position for england though

Is this the Robert Green with only 9 caps, at least 2 of which are as a second half substitute. Joe Hart clearly doesn't have the vast amount of International experience Green has, if only Hart had played against the likes of Kazakhstan like Green has. Lets not forget Green being sent off in the last qualifying game aswell.

So he's not playing well at all for his club yet you dismiss a goalkeeper in form because of no experience despite Green having hardly any real experience either. Yeah you're the only sane person in here

Its also hilarious how you seemingly just dismiss Hart's England U21 record and experience, he's actually been to international tournaments and done well. I think i'm right in saying he has a 100% record in penalty shootouts, 2 for us and 1 for England I think with as mentioned the added bonus of being one of the best penalty kick takers in last years U21 squad according to Stuart Pearce

Yet Robert Green has somehow grafted to get in the England squad

Its also hilarious how you seemingly just dismiss Hart's England U21 record and experience, he's actually been to international tournaments and done well. I think i'm right in saying he has a 100% record in penalty shootouts, 2 for us and 1 for England I think with as mentioned the added bonus of being one of the best penalty kick takers in last years U21 squad according to Stuart Pearce

Yet Robert Green has somehow grafted to get in the England squad

oh diddums, the nasty man doesn't rate the man city keeper :(

if you're seriously factoring in the ability to take penalty kicks into who should be england keeper then you are mentally ill.

next week: why nedum onuoha should go to the world cup: "well, he does have a lot of under 21 caps!"

Thought James would be winning fairly comfortably, as he should be.

Hart is only being seen as this good because he hasn't been in the team yet, would take him as 3rd choice as he's probably the best of the young ones and get him used to the squad etc.

Thought James would be winning fairly comfortably, as he should be.

Hart is only being seen as this good because he hasn't been in the team yet, would take him as 3rd choice as he's probably the best of the young ones and get him used to the squad etc.

Errrmm, no, he's being seen as awesome because he's had a fantastic season and made several world class saves, keeping a should be relegation fighting team in the top half of the table.

I'm obviously biased but Joe Hart by a mile for me :thup:

Green is a poor choice, seems to have snuck into the no1 slot and its actually quite difficult to be removed from it without injury. I say David James, on his day, world class, off his day admittidly (sp?!) poor but I think we need a bit of luck to win and maybe that luck will be DJ on the form of his life.

• 1 month later...

Archived