Corner Routine "Cheat" Discussion **WARNING: SPOILER**

If you've ever been involved with beta testing in a project that's as complex, contains as many potential variables as the match engine in this game, then you would also know that when you make changes to one aspect of the code, it can present another, which could be completely unexpected.

Sometimes these side-effect "bugs" slip under the radar. I don't for one minute believe that it was intentional. Nobody will have set out to create a bug. It's simply the side-effect of changes to other areas.

It's not so much complicated as it is bad developing, well, not bad, just "not great" :)

I don't believe any bug is intentional, but some of them are a direct result of careless programming.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hah. this is awesome. I'm sick of being cheated by the AI with it's BS corner tactic. Where it smashes the ball to a guy standing near where the Ref stands, the guy takes one touch and slams it home.

I've been trying a regular corner routine (which includes 2 very high jumping defenders, in the BSN which don't have that good defenders), but I just don't score from it. It's impossible. Hopefully this will redress the balance.

edit:

this crap:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v369/davidbowieWAU/corner8.jpg

corner8.jpg

Who are everyone's fav 'lurkers' for this tactic/cheat? I've had Gourcuff, Tevez, Ireland and Lukaku (the few times i've tried him there) doing the business for me.

At the same time Aguero, Silva and Hazard were not so good.

Also what are the best stats for a successful lurker?

Who are everyone's fav 'lurkers' for this tactic/cheat? I've had Gourcuff, Tevez, Ireland and Lukaku (the few times i've tried him there) doing the business for me.

At the same time Aguero, Silva and Hazard were not so good.

Also what are the best stats for a successful lurker?

Someone who is good at 'shooting with power'.

Hah. this is awesome. I'm sick of being cheated by the AI with it's BS corner tactic. Where it smashes the ball to a guy standing near where the Ref stands, the guy takes one touch and slams it home.

I've been trying a regular corner routine (which includes 2 very high jumping defenders, in the BSN which don't have that good defenders), but I just don't score from it. It's impossible. Hopefully this will redress the balance.

edit:

this crap:

corner8.jpg

I've seen the AI done that to me over and over again.

Damn those AI.

What's the delivery to those corners?

Read through this thread yet didn't find out how to do the routine. Can someone please post the set up?

Is it:

Two players - Flick

Two players - Keeper

Two players - St Far

Two players - Lurk (one of them is corner taker, the other your best long shooter with good first touch)

Two players - Back

Corners - Penalty Area?

edit:

this crap:

corner8.jpg

amount of late goals i concede like this is sending me nuts, actually get on my bollocks

furthermore i am unable to recreate it

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

This happens cause on 10.3 AI doesnt man mark on corners.Lurk outside on a player and corners set to penalty area really sucks. No fun even worse if you are top team. I used it for one year with a random basic tactic and won the league. Sucked hard and was so unreal... I didnt use it since then

robben thumped in a super goal vs man utd in champions league from the edge of the area. ribery signalled to robben just before delivery. corner cheat strikes again.

I was just waiting for someone to mention that! :rolleyes:

The corner cheat didn't win Bayern the game though... it was the dodgy referee and certain players conning the referee that won the game. :mad:

Listen here! I'm playing FM10 with four of my friends! And they all use this exploit! So my question is: How do I defend against this s*it!???

I have tried every single option in DEFENDING CORNERS, and I couldnt make my team to block, the shooter! (LURCK OUTSIDE AREA)

Listen here! I'm playing FM10 with four of my friends! And they all use this exploit! So my question is: How do I defend against this s*it!???

I have tried every single option in DEFENDING CORNERS, and I couldnt make my team to block, the shooter! (LURCK OUTSIDE AREA)

you tried already man mark?

Why not set up a rukle stating that using this exploit is not allowed...or why not use it yourself against them and see how they like it?

So how good does the lurker need to be? I have a similar corner setup and have it set for corners to be mixed. I don't want to actively use the cheat, but I do like to have my AMC lurking. Usually it's Jari Litmanen. When he isn't marked, which he sometimes is, and the taker actually plays the corner to him he often doesn't get a shot of. My guess is that he has a low first touch? By time he controls it he gets closed down. When he does get the shot off it's often blocked by the guy clsoing him down, or someone in the box. When it actaully gets through it's right to the keeper or off target. He may be old, 38, and not one of the best, but he's still pretty good. His only goal from a corner is the reason I have a lurker. A kick to the 6 yard box deflected out to him and he scored on a volley. And when my 2nd team and youth team try it they never seem to get a shot off.

So do you need a world class player that's great at long shots? Or just be much better than the other team? Or his he just the wrong type for it?

He doesn't have to be world class. Litmanen is a good example.

It helps if they have high first touch, high long shots, good dribbling and maybe "shoots with power" and/or "tries first time shots". Regardless, a lot will be closed down.

He doesn't have to be world class. Litmanen is a good example.

It helps if they have high first touch, high long shots, good dribbling and maybe "shoots with power" and/or "tries first time shots". Regardless, a lot will be closed down.

Agree with this. But, IMO 'Shoots With Power' is essential.

Why was this thread locked? It was about a perfectly reasonable corner routine, and not an exploit.

His question was answered and its almost identical to what's in this thread already. There is no need for hundreds of topics on the same thing.

Bring all your players back to defend and set them to "man mark".

I have done this, but no one is marking the LURK player!!! He is standing there like a ghost!!! Agrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

I dont understand why peopele from SI, dont make one more update, where they will put option in DEFENDIN CORNERS, MARK F***ING "LURK" PLAYER!!! I will stop playing FM becouse of this!

edit:

this crap:

corner8.jpg

See number 1 here for how to stop this, it worked well for me at least. I'm not sure it can be deliberately recreated to try to use it to your advantage as it only seems to be triggered with default corner settings, hence why the AI use it.

The lurker routine can also be stopped by setting all 10 outfielders to Man Mark, as also stated in that post.

I've used these tactics and my player who lurks doesn't score a load of goals like 8 in an previous post. Anyone got any idea how to help?

They won't score 8 in one match, anybody doing that is just really flukeing it or playing in an awful league.

It won't happen all the time, but it really is very possible.

I can get my midfielder to score three/four goals pretty regularly in (almost) the absence of other chances. I reckon it's possible a striker can get eight sometimes.

First time i've read through this thread for a long time and it's intresting that some posters are claiming that my tactics for 10.2 have been exploits of the ME.

Like the narrow formation and the interplay between the strikers was taking advantage of the ME.

I agree that the narrow formations worked better than wide formations on 10.2 but to say that my tactic is a Exploit of the ME is rubbish, Of course i'm gonna defend my tactics because i made them but us as managers watch games to try and stop the opp playing, Is that exploiting that ME or is that trying to make my team play score defend better and ultimatly win games.

This is what annoys me because thats all i try and do and surly it's what other managers do aswell, Real life mangers will look at DVD's of there opp to try and study what they do and try and stop them from doing it, But you wouldn't see fergie kicking off at mcleash saying "sorry but you can't play this way because you are exploiting my team and i don't like it"

Yes this an Extreme case i'm pointing out but that basicily what you are saying and it's wrong.

The tactic took alot of time to get right and with the right players i set it out as i wanted them to play, The midfielders strong hard working pressing the opp to hurry a pass and lose possession the midfielders also get in the box on the end of cross's and pullbacks, the attackers passing the ball between each other dragging there marker wide so it leaves space for another man to run into. the central defenders not doing anything fancy just defending.

I would watch a thousand real life football matches and 98% of the teams will try and do the exact same thing so are they exploiting the opp or just trying to find a way through to either score or stop the opp from scoring.

This is the way i manage and i would of thought it the way alot of others manage aswell, People want success and i'm no different, The most influential part of my tactics is the Tactic creater wizard thing.

The reason is because you can select exactly how you want your team to play thats what i did and with some in match tweaking to get them exactly how i wanted them to play i acheived what i set out to do. Create a tactic that can work with any team (In theory) with the right type of players which is stable in defence and attack.

Mr Hough-

I know next to nothing about your tactic, except some people think it is an exploit based tactic. I cannot comment on this individual case.

There's a difference between exploiting a flaw in an opposition tactic (they are too narrow, so play wider) and exploiting a flaw in the match engine- they don't mark the man lurking outside the box as it isn't programmed, they have no way of defending against 3 central strikers as it isn't programmed, they can't take advantage of the weaknesses caused elsewhere by the 3 central strikers as it isn't programmed.

I'd like to thank you for the hard work you put in on the behalf of others though. If you genuinely aren't trying to exploit the Match Engine, then you aren't exploiting the Match Engine IMO- though the people who download your tactic might well be.

I still dont get it after reading all of the pages

Set your best corner taker to take the corners.

Set your best long shot/ first touch player to "lurk".

Set two short defensive players (normally full backs) to "back".

That leaves 6 players. Set two to "near post flick on", two to "challenge keeper", one to "stand on far post" and one to "attack far post".

Set corner aim to "penalty area".

There's nothing to "get".

mmmmmm mustnt work when on holidays?

i set chelsea away with this and scored 4 goals all season from corners yet when i managed the last few games i was scoring 3 or 4 each game

i did tick 'use current tactics' on hol screen btw

perhaps the ass-man uses his own ideas for set play wen the boss is away

Archived