Corner Routine "Cheat" Discussion **WARNING: SPOILER**

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I decided to try this out.

It is NOT 100% effective, but it does give you a wide open look on goal nearly 100% of the time.

I've scored about 20% of my corners in the games i've tried so far. Sometimes the player shoots off target, but more often he gets closed down quickly and is either forced to dribble and pass, or he has his shot blocked. Granted, 20% is an amazing score rate from corners, and after 10 matches, i have 7 goals from corners (second-best team in the league has 3). I might actually have more than 7, depending on whether the game counts deflections/rebounds/own goals as "goals from corners", as i've had a few of those.

I would definitely call this a bug. Surely after the opponents see this the first time, they would just stick someone outside the box to deal with the open man!

I just had it foiled by an opponent!

I usually have a midfielder or fullback as the shooter, as they have my best long shots stats. But i just had a striker in the role, and i guess he was the "tall striker" in the corner defense tactics, because there was a defender out to meet him outside the area. Naturally, i moved the striker back into the box and employed a different player to lurk, to continue to exploit the bug :)

• 3 weeks later...

any-one watch man utd vs rangers tonight? alex ferguson was using the corner cheat in open play and from corners:D united's entire game plan consisted of getting the ball wide, then passing it back to the edge of the area for gibson to have a shot. he didn't have the same success rate as fm managers though - had about 10 shots and no goals

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok, what do I do if I suspect I've found a corner setup my opponent should deal with, but only deals with about 50% of the time? Do I write my corner instructions here or some other place? Didn't read through the whole thread so I don't know if it's already well known, but it's not like the 'cheat' I've been reading about. By the way, I'm playing FM10 with the third patch.

• 1 month later...

Archived