Corner Routine "Cheat" Discussion **WARNING: SPOILER**

He doesn't have to be world class. Litmanen is a good example.

It helps if they have high first touch, high long shots, good dribbling and maybe "shoots with power" and/or "tries first time shots". Regardless, a lot will be closed down.

So basically, Robin Van Persie is as good as cheating with this one? Not tried it before, but tempted to see how many RvP could get with this, just for amusement value.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What kind of corner setting could be classified as corner routine "cheat"?

I have:

1 player challenge the goalkeeper.

1 player attack near post.

1 player attack far post.

1 player attack from deep.

1 player offer short option.

1 player lurk outside area.

3 players stay back.

And corner aim is set to "mixed".

I get 14 goals in 28 matcehes.

Is this one of them?

Thanks, heathxxx.

First, we need the tactic. This gives me the most hilarious results: http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4914297&postcount=31

Width is the most important thing really. In real-life most corners are won when wingers or full-backs hit the ball off defenders or midfielders out for a corner. Anything that aggressively tries to cross deep with width will be more likely to win lots of corners in general rather than a 4-1-2-1-2, for example.

It only works if you get corners. Like you say.

I don't play with wings, I just used it and lost heavily. without scoring a goal.

just make sure that one of ur lurker is the corner taker.

It doesn't work!

Tried it and keep losing.

Just had 7 corners, and didn't score one of them. Bale taking corners and lurking, and Huddlestone the other lurker.

Lost 2 -1 at home to Everton

This is my defensive corner set up. FB's mark the posts. Two CD's mark tall players. Best striker and fastest attacker/midfielder, stay forward. Remainder of players [should be four], set to man mark. This seems to work for me. I think that if you leave the defensive corner set up to the in game set up, then that is when the problem arises. If you pause the game just before the opposition takes the corner, you will see the offending opposition player, in the area and unmarked. This is what seemed to happen in my save, at least. Since altering the set up, I have not had many goals scored against me from corners. However, I shall start to physically make checks for the next few matches. Kind regards.

I have:

3 players stay back.

Is this one of them?

No, that's sesinble balanced routine... with a return you should be proud of!

I have:

3 players stay back.

Is this one of them?

Sounds OK, I will repeat known suggestions here (I forget the OP's name so sorry cannot namecheck him here):

2 player challenge the goalkeeper.

1 player stand on far post.

1 player nr post flick.

2 player lurk outside area.

2 players stay back.

And corner aim is set to "short" - but there is no short option so the taker decides on delivery (it works better than "mixed").

It works for me, no cheat though - just regular success rather than overly frequent goalscoring. It "looks" like real football too. Until I dicovered this I had NEVER scored from a corner using the 442's default attacking corner instructions.

I have just realised I am benefiting from this exploit, indirectly.

I have my corner delivery set to mixed and my attacking corner routine are set to default apart from my two full backs who are on back.

One of my two central midfielders keeps finding him self standing unmarked at the edge of the box and he can slam the ball home.

This happens almost every other game, luckily, most of his shots are blocked.

I have scored all 4 of my corners from this route, which is a poor return in 18 games, but still puts me wondering if I should change my routine to avoid it.

Carrick closing down Olic like he was in wheelchair knocked Man Utd out.

hahahahaha and yeah lui van gaal has been rolling back the years and nuckling down on some hard FM'ING, great corner exploit from Bayern!

I have just realised I am benefiting from this exploit, indirectly.

I have my corner delivery set to mixed and my attacking corner routine are set to default apart from my two full backs who are on back.

One of my two central midfielders keeps finding him self standing unmarked at the edge of the box and he can slam the ball home.

This happens almost every other game, luckily, most of his shots are blocked.

I have scored all 4 of my corners from this route, which is a poor return in 18 games, but still puts me wondering if I should change my routine to avoid it.

Got the exact same thing....

Does the AI figure out how to stop the corner bug? I used it for 3 seasons. First season my MR scored 100 goals next season around 60 next around 30.

No, AI can't figure out how to stop the exploting.

It's not a very good AI after all then is it?

This thread just shows it's about time for SI to sort out set-pieces. To make a something like TC, but just for set-pieces. With wizard etc.

Sounds OK, I will repeat known suggestions here (I forget the OP's name so sorry cannot namecheck him here):

2 player challenge the goalkeeper.

1 player stand on far post.

1 player nr post flick.

2 player lurk outside area.

2 players stay back.

And corner aim is set to "short" - but there is no short option so the taker decides on delivery (it works better than "mixed").

It works for me, no cheat though - just regular success rather than overly frequent goalscoring. It "looks" like real football too. Until I dicovered this I had NEVER scored from a corner using the 442's default attacking corner instructions.

who scores the goals from this setup, is it always the same player?

As mentioned all tactics are "exploits" to some degree. No tactic that is used universally for every game or specifically for all home or away games respectively, is doing anything other than exploiting the AI. Yet, we are free to discuss and post these tactics.

AI seems to be able to stop it after it happens a few times, but with other people using it in network games, it's impossible to actually defend it yourself. I even set a player to man mark the person outside the box both with his normal marking and defending corners settings but the player doesn't listen and sits in the box.

Can someone please say how this works?

The AI doesn't always mark players who lurk outside the box at corners, so if you set your corners top go to them, they'll have a free shot.

The set up has already been posted several times.

The AI doesn't always mark players who lurk outside the box at corners, so if you set your corners top go to them, they'll have a free shot.

The set up has already been posted several times.

Oh, sorry, seen it now. I've set it up and everything, and while I do seem to be getting more headers/shots on target from the corners, I've not scored!

Also, I've set my corner takers to take corners 'short' but they continue punting it into the box! Does anyone know why this is?

Oh, sorry, seen it now. I've set it up and everything, and while I do seem to be getting more headers/shots on target from the corners, I've not scored!

Also, I've set my corner takers to take corners 'short' but they continue punting it into the box! Does anyone know why this is?

Because there isn't a short option?

• 3 weeks later...

Tryied this routine with Liverpool, won 7-1 away Man City, somehow I get really big scores against bigger teams.

Now I'm on a 30 straight wins

but it doesn't works when on holiday

I'm using mr hough and JP modified tactic, it's a solid tactic but the corners are almost half of my goals, so this is indeed a cheat and cause my team to win titles when it shouldn't

IMO there seems to be something fundamentally wrong with corners in this version.

I use the following setup (because some time ago I watched some "expert" on TV advocating something like this):

- corners set to far post

- two tall guys at far post (one standing, one attacking)

- one guy challenging gk

- one guy attacks near post

- one lurks

- rest default

Now what happens is that almost every time my tall players at the far post get the header in. While the majority of headers miss the target, I score rather often from this (like once in two or three games). It's annoying however to see that each ball reaches my players, who inevitably win their headers.

I came to these forums to see if this is an issue, and to my dismay it seems that whatever I choose for corners may be actually an exploit. I'm not going to intentionally set up a poor routine, especially since I have some rather tall players who are expected to do well there anyway, but it's nevertheless irritating.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question. Is there a narrow width formation exploit in FM 10? For example the 433 formation where you get to score ridiculous amount of goals? And if so which patch had it? Is it from the beginning patch itself?

;5561989']I have a question. Is there a narrow width formation exploit in FM 10? For example the 433 formation where you get to score ridiculous amount of goals? And if so which patch had it? Is it from the beginning patch itself?

It has been argued that narrow formations were too successful on early patches.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived