dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by poyplemonkeys:

erm, what the hell, this is ridiculous.

Board Expectations:

Win the Blue Square South

FA Cup Fourth Round

Win the Setanta Shield

Win the FA Trophy

Can see me getting sacked before long.

What did you set your expectations as at the beginning of the season? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think I got an option to. I'll check again when I got home but I'm fairly sure I didn't get the choice.

poyplemonkeys. It comes up at the bottom of the page.

I think what might have happened is that you clicked on it by mistake and then moved the mouse and therefore the selections without knowing.

It looks to me like you've clicked on the "highest expectations".

Sorry.

I would guess that you will get sacked as you will not be able to deliver unless you perform miracles.

Did you save after taking over?

I have learn't the hard way.

Save 1. The day before the new league starts.

Save 2. The day that I take over at new club.

Save 3. 1 month on.

Save 4. 2 months on.

Save 5. 3 months on.

Saves 3, 4 & 5 then alernate.

Shaggy you have to stop ur current account on the website @ options... Then make a new one and select 08 challenge icon_smile.gif

//

Jimbo, is it luck, or is it faith. I just signed Andrew Bond (ex-Barrow) his contract was to expire, and he signed for me!! icon_smile.gif)

Originally posted by poyplemonkeys:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by poyplemonkeys:

erm, what the hell, this is ridiculous.

Board Expectations:

Win the Blue Square South

FA Cup Fourth Round

Win the Setanta Shield

Win the FA Trophy

Can see me getting sacked before long.

What did you set your expectations as at the beginning of the season? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think I got an option to. I'll check again when I got home but I'm fairly sure I didn't get the choice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

By some teams I know this issue. If the board claims that you can be the winner of the league, than they don't let you choose any achievement level. They just expect you to win. For example when you take control of Fenerbahce in Turkey, the board expects you to win the league so no options show up. But this shouldn't be the case for a newly promoted side. Anyway. GL with your progress. Hope you finish at their desired position or it looks like a restart for you.

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kccircle:

Not looking good

My first friendly saw the ball picked out of the net EIGHT times!

Blackpool Away

hope i have a better start than that... who have you signed so far? i'll be starting game tonight and need to fill my squad, and fast! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Transfers In

Transfers In

I won my first league game, away at Vauxhall. Am currently getting hammered by boston at home though. Steve Fletcher might prove to be a good buy, backed up by a cameo last ten minutes of Steve Torpey. Neither can play a full game but both decent in the air

Originally posted by shaggy61:

dafuge/allan

want to start again but because my details are still on website it wont let me register there?

at whitby finished in 2024 by reaching championship. anyway here's to starting again!

holidaying now

Your old login will still work, if you dont remember your password use the password recovery option, if your still stuck use the website to contact me.

here my pre-season results

Hitchin 2-0 Biddulph should of been more

Hitchin 1-5 Woking very bad they were all over us but one good thing manager to score after lossing 5-0

Hitchin 2-3 Crawley good result but both goals were freekicks

Ramsgate 3-2 Hitchin my sub came on and scored the 2 after lossing 3-0 should of won

Jimbo, is it luck, or is it faith. I just signed Andrew Bond (ex-Barrow) his contract was to expire, and he signed for me!!

foost. I've signed him too, but I must admit that he doesn't get many games. He's good to have on the bench because he can cover DR & MC and my MC's seem to collect cards like they are going out of fashion. I've also played him at MR too.

He's more of a back-up player as I have some VERY good wide players, but I wouldn't have a problem if I needed to play him.

He's actually starting my next game at DR, although I prefer to play him on the bench.

I've also signed Butler and Brown who were at Barrow. Butler is a decent squad player but Brown can't even get on the pitch when my 3 best wingers are injured icon_rolleyes.gif.

Originally posted by ManU@oldtrafford:

here my pre-season results

Hitchin 2-0 Biddulph should of been more

Hitchin 1-5 Woking very bad they were all over us but one good thing manager to score after lossing 5-0

Hitchin 2-3 Crawley good result but both goals were freekicks

Ramsgate 3-2 Hitchin my sub came on and scored the 2 after lossing 3-0 should of won

after these result I'v deciced I need a better keeper so I sign nathan abbey and got sammy igoe in anyone know a decent centre defender thanks

Managed to get West Ham as a parent club for Hendon, and amazingly the only player offered to me has accepted. I now have for the season Kyel Reid, who according to my ass man would be a "leading star for any Championship side".

I seem to be buying older youth to complement my existing 16 year olds, so not sure how I will do. Havent had a friendly yet.

Currently holidaying and this will be my 4th attempt a the Dafuge challenge.

I have never completed the challenge but did get Braintree, Chelmsford and last year Bromley all to the premier league and even won it with Braintree. Just hope i can go one better this time.

Would like the challenge of a sub 1000 team but i've waited 2 versions for Chelmsford(nearest town and where i work) to be at their home stadium so I have to be them.

Good luck to all, and here's to another exciting long term game. Will post opening screenshot shortley.

Great to see people are being Worksop Town! M'on the tigers!!

I Used to do their research whilst they were still a league club so will look forward to seeing them go to glory! icon_smile.gif

On a side note if anyone manages to get hemel hempsted to appear could you *please* upload the file? Thanks icon_smile.gif

reoaded about 30 times hoping for Ossett Town but its not meant to be it seems so have gone with Kings Lynn. This is the 1st time have done this challenge and to behonest im not expecting to do too well but we will see, anyway

squad

info

So im expected to finish 17th but ill be happy with 20th. At least i might get a few decent players from my parent club Norwich.

ManU@oldtrafford

Joey Hutchison.

Sag Burton.

Anthony Charles.

Tony Crane.

To be honest there are loads but it depends what you want him to do.

My advice is sign some slow old fat blokes who will win everything in the air and play a deep defensive line and their lack of pace shouldn't be too much of an issue.

DaveHammer. You're not alone mate. I've never completed this or Gundo's challenge.

In FM06 I won the Premiership with Hitchin and lost in the Qtr Finals of the Champions League.

In Fm07 I got to 3 consecutive Champions League Qtr Finals with Lisburn Rangers but never won icon_frown.gif.

First competitive match, I lose 2-0 and have 2 players sent off.

Maybe I will actually have to look at the tactics in this version, and try and figure some basics out. I rarely touch tactics normally, but I dont want lots of red cards when I have next to no back up.

Pre-season.

I'm not sure if I should be happy or disappointed by this. If it keeps up I should probably be able to avoid relegation, so I suppose it's a good thing. Not being able to beat my own U18 team full of grays somewhat bothers me, though...

Update 01/12/08

Well after a disapointing start to the season, i find myself in 15th.

Things seem to be on the up though with the last game in november against rivals, Bath finnishing 4-0.

Wish i could just find a decent goalkeeper, got the fire power up front but at the moment i am leaking goals.

anyways here are some screenies.

Leagu Table 01/12/08

Manager Overview 01/12/08

Star Player 1

Star Player 2

Star Player 3

Oh and whilst i am here i have DL'd the kits for the pre- BS n/s teams how do i add these to the game i want proper kits icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by kccircle:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlipscombe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kccircle:

Not looking good

My first friendly saw the ball picked out of the net EIGHT times!

Blackpool Away

hope i have a better start than that... who have you signed so far? i'll be starting game tonight and need to fill my squad, and fast! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Transfers In

Transfers In

I won my first league game, away at Vauxhall. Am currently getting hammered by boston at home though. Steve Fletcher might prove to be a good buy, backed up by a cameo last ten minutes of Steve Torpey. Neither can play a full game but both decent in the air </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

cheers for that kccircle... can't wait to start working with the Tigers tonight....

Well, after enjoying last year's challenge so much, I'm back again for this one in the hope of actually completing it!

After about 20 reloads, I finally settled on the lowest rep team I could find -

mangotsfieldprofileke6.png]Mangotsfield United!![/url]

Wish me luck folks, as it looks like I'm going to need it. No players or staff, except 5 youngsters just added to the squad from the youths, it's going to be tough!!

On a plus note, I have Cheltenham as a Parent club, and I was just able to ask for a second one? Doubt I'll get one, but it bodes well for future seasons...

Good luck everyone, all the best!

p.s. Allan - I'm blown away by the new website mate, absolutely outstanding!

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jordanknox:

Update

8th October 2008

After a poor start results have picked up recently. Currnetly sitting 8th in Blue square south which will do me. This is mostly down to 2 key signings, Nabil el Zhar and James Sinclair both on loan from paretn club Colchester.

Very tired so ill sleep now and update tommorow.

It's very strange that you got el Zahir. He's playing every week in League 2 in my game icon_confused.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Colchester signed him from Liverpool for £16k but he never got a game and was sent to the reserves. I made a loan bid (I did with every other Colchester reserve player) and he came. On previous versions if you made an offer for a player from youre parent team the player wouldnt agree to it but it looks like its changed on this version as ive got 8 players on loan from Colchester.

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cookie15:

Ok then cookie is back!!!

I've loaded a few times and the lowest team i can get is Chippenham (900 rep) so i'm keep going i want to get a team with 850 or less to have a crack with!

icon_biggrin.gif

Your game come in the post then or you go out and get one? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Archived