dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

Originally posted by Alurny:

Sorry to post again but I am gutted.

My young striker has gone all Wayne Rooney on me and broke his toe icon_frown.gif

At least it made me notice I had no physio icon_redface.gif

Oh well. See him in 2 months!

And his replacement just scored on his debut.

Sometimes I love this game! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

(By the way if you click a player in match you can see what injury he has!!)

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">League Year Club Username Achievements

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blue Square 2009/2010 Gateshead NUFCSean none

Blue Square N|S 2008/2009 AFC Wimbledon westhamrob none

Blue Square N|S 2008/2009 Bedford Town migwar none

Blue Square N|S 2008/2009 Bedford Town konquest none

Blue Square N|S 2008/2009 Bedford Town superayrunited none

Blue Square N|S 2008/2009 Bedford Town Walcotts_Wonderkids none

Blue Square N|S 2008/2009 Boreham Wood jankoller none

Blue Square N|S 2008/2009 Boreham Wood icklebitt none

Blue Square N|S 2008/2009 Chelmsford City Jordanknox none

Blue Square N|S 2008/2009 Chelmsford City marsland95l2cr none

Blue Square N|S 2008/2009 Chelmsford City andy139s none

Blue Square N|S 2008/2009 Chelmsford City DaveHammer none

Blue Square N|S 2008/2009 Chippenham Town Ungface none

Blue Square N|S 2008/2009 Chippenham Town dafuge none

Blue Square N|S 2008/2009 Chippenham Town Jimbokav1971 none

Blue Square N|S 2008/2009 Chippenham Town trypio none

Blue Square N|S 2008/2009 Chippenham Town 5ergio none

Blue Square N|S 2008/2009 Chippenham Town freelinet none

Blue Square N|S 2008/2009 Fleetwood Town HunterKiller none

Blue Square N|S 2008/2009 Guiseley foost none

Blue Square N|S 2008/2009 Halesowen Town hee163 none

Blue Square N|S 2008/2009 Halesowen Town iseemonsters none

Blue Square N|S 2008/2009 Halesowen Town aston_martin none

Blue Square N|S 2008/2009 Halesowen Town dlnwba86 none

Blue Square N|S 2008/2009 Hednesford Town ManUoldtrafford none

Blue Square N|S 2008/2009 Hendon Scab none

Blue Square N|S 2008/2009 Hendon Gilbster none

Blue Square N|S 2008/2009 Kings Lynn mattyisalegend none

Blue Square N|S 2008/2009 Kings Lynn FluxCapacitor none

Blue Square N|S 2008/2009 Kings Lynn Bohinen none

Blue Square N|S 2008/2009 Mangotsfield United ScottishSteven none

Blue Square N|S 2008/2009 Mangotsfield United Cookie15 none

Blue Square N|S 2008/2009 Mangotsfield United michael91 none

Blue Square N|S 2008/2009 Margate mag_man none

Blue Square N|S 2008/2009 Matlock Town GoalieManPat21 none

Blue Square N|S 2008/2009 Merthyr Tydfil Wellyboo none

Blue Square N|S 2008/2009 Merthyr Tydfil Benjaminoo none

Blue Square N|S 2008/2009 Merthyr Tydfil hadlinho none

Blue Square N|S 2008/2009 Stamford alurny none

Blue Square N|S 2008/2009 Stamford dagurol none

Blue Square N|S 2008/2009 Stamford alurny none

Blue Square N|S 2008/2009 Tiverton Town chave none

Blue Square N|S 2008/2009 Tiverton Town zutcorp none

Blue Square N|S 2008/2009 Tiverton Town ougabagga none

Blue Square N|S 2008/2009 Tiverton Town jamesf18 none

Blue Square N|S 2008/2009 Whitby Town shaggy61 none

Blue Square N|S 2008/2009 Worksop Town rlipscombe none

Blue Square N|S 2008/2009 Worksop Town KcCircle none

Blue Square N|S 2009/2010 Chippenham Town Jsar none

Blue Square N|S 2009/2010 Gateshead raptR none

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ </pre>

Originally posted by Davey-Baby:

dafuge, ive registered to ur website, and when i try to submit the form with ym team it takes me to the login page. whats up with this

No idea, best thing is to contact Allan via the contact section of the website.

Originally posted by migwar:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">By the way if you click a player in match you can see what injury he has!!)

are you sure? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I clicked my striker whilst still in the match and it said "appears to have foot injury" or something like that. Hmm. Hope I wasn't seeing things!

It's something that you always hope never happens to you. But the dreaded Power Cut has struck my home. My dad tried shovin something into the toaster that didn't fit and ended up overloadin the whole thing. Back up now, annoying thing was i just beat King's Lynn 3-0 icon_mad.gif Oh well, only 3 games to catch up with and i lost those anyway so it's not too bad.

I've decided that my "liitle old pc" can't cope with the demands of a large database. There is just no way that I would be able to continue a long term game at this speed.

I've given it a good go though and I must admit that I have been VERY impressed with the full game over the demo.

It is with great regret that I must tell you that I am preparing to unleash "Holiday Man" again on the world, only with a medium database this time.

I know I have read a comment from dafuge where he said thas the smaller the database the easier the challenge, but I guess we shall just wait and see.

I will svae my game on the 18th and if someone would give me instructions as to how I host iit then I would be more than willing to do so. That way we have a different smaller database save on the website for those that need it.

I think I might really (and I mean REALLY) get a battering in my first few league games. I've been trying to get as many players and staff in as possible to cover each position (Francis Benali is my new assistant icon_cool.gif). However, I just got to the first game of the season and realised I have nothing but greyed out goalkeepers in my squad. So now I'm frantically trying to sign 2 or 3.

I will post an initial update when I get to the end of August.

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

I've decided that my "liitle old pc" can't cope with the demands of a large database. There is just no way that I would be able to continue a long term game at this speed.

I've given it a good go though and I must admit that I have been VERY impressed with the full game over the demo.

It is with great regret that I must tell you that I am preparing to unleash "Holiday Man" again on the world, only with a medium database this time.

I know I have read a comment from dafuge where he said thas the smaller the database the easier the challenge, but I guess we shall just wait and see.

I will svae my game on the 18th and if someone would give me instructions as to how I host iit then I would be more than willing to do so. That way we have a different smaller database save on the website for those that need it.

I was getting this trouble also, I have an old system that seemed to be taking absolultely ages to holiday through, then I turned the detail levels to 'none' on absolutely everything and I totally flew through the rest of the holiday.

Mine only has 2.53ghz and 512mb of ram and seems to be bearable - speedwise. You must be playing on a right dinosaur of a machine, or have lower tollerance than I do icon_biggrin.gif .

Originally posted by Scoham:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I've given it a good go though and I must admit that I have been VERY impressed with the full game over the demo.

They are the same though? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are they?

I thought there was stuff in the full game that wasn't in the demo icon_confused.gif?

That was all based on speculation from happywill's game a while ago, as far as I'm concerned there will be advantages and disadvantages of running a smaller database at different points in the game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scoham:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I've given it a good go though and I must admit that I have been VERY impressed with the full game over the demo.

They are the same though? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are they?

I thought there was stuff in the full game that wasn't in the demo icon_confused.gif? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well you can start new games, there's an editor etc if you mean stuff like that. The match engine, code and bugs are the same though.

Originally posted by Naryana:

Would their be anything against the rules to holiday an extra year to see if it changes the outcome of the promoted teams?

There's nothing in the rules that prohibits this, although I'm not how the website will cope with it. Perhaps you could test it out.

Originally posted by dafuge:

Damn, I misread Bontcho Guentchev's age as 33 icon_frown.gif

Unfortunately not, he is 43 and the only over 16 player that Hendon starts with. He is also refusing to resign anything other than a player/coach contract and since I could do with the coach, Im stuck with him in my playing squad at the moment.

Well you can start new games, there's an editor etc if you mean stuff like that. The match engine, code and bugs are the same though.

Scoham. Well I guess we will see then. I had issues with both the job centre and scouting in general in the demo, but this area seemed fine in the full game, (albeit with a large database). It will be interesting to to see if I have the same problems when I start.

You're completely right though. A lot of it is down to what I call "demo perception". People just don't take it seriously or give it a fair crack of the whip simply because it is a demo and they assume it must be bug-ridden.

Apart from the closing down issues and maybe a little bit of overzelousness from ref's, (only a tad mind), I'm not sure I noticed too many big issues.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Well you can start new games, there's an editor etc if you mean stuff like that. The match engine, code and bugs are the same though.

Scoham. Well I guess we will see then. I had issues with both the job centre and scouting in general in the demo, but this area seemed fine in the full game, (albeit with a large database). It will be interesting to to see if I have the same problems when I start. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess it could be one of those things that doesn't work properly in the demo, like how they disabled player generation so the demo can't be cracked and play beyond 5 months without problems. Or it could be related to the db size.

Originally posted by Des Tiny:

How does everyone get Parent clubs? I have never had a single one offered to me by the board and every time the option comes up I ask...lol

I've only been able to ask once so far and the board say that 'there's no point' in having a parent club- HA......what does my Chairman know!!

I'm actually getting the same problem as Jimbo now with the speed and will be restarting with a medium database. The holidaying was fine but now I'm in the middle of August and using the continue button alot it has gotten too annoyingly slow to be enjoyable, which is ashame as I had built up quite a sturdy defence considering I only had greyed out keepers.

Ah well, loads more reloading until a sub-1000 reputation team appears again I guess.

Worksop

End of October and already a season of struggle. It appears everytime I take a lead the opposition scores twice, quickly.

My defenders back off and the keeper goes off on his holidays just as some Neanderthal defender takes a pot shot from the half way line.

Am I enjoying it?

YOU BET

I have binned my purpose built tactic and just gone 442 Attacking. I win an odd game, lose plenty but have found a striker who can put the ball in the back of the net. 5 in 13 so far. But he's now injured, so I have to rely on Stephen Torpey who is 54 years old with pace 1. God knows why I bought him. Thinking back I thought he could be a decent back up to the 44 years old Bontcho Guentchev who I brought in as a cheap coach not knowing he was still a player.

Still, for those of you looking for a possible gem, you could do far worse than Oliver Hotchkiss. Scored a couple for me but is a little hot tempered judging by his 5 game ban in a pre season friendly for a headbut on Wes Hoolahan.

Still, after 17 games I rooted to 18th place with no chance of going up. icon_frown.gif

Bedford Town - Blue Square South - August 08

so, here's a quick update after my first month. its been pretty up and down so far, with a couple of good games and a few bad ones. by the time i signed my team, i only had time for a couple of preseason friendlies, so fitness has been quite an issue. as have sendings off and mid term injuries.

overall i'm fairly satisfied so far. i guess we'll find out in the next few months when my players are all match fit and start to develop an understanding.

currently my team has little better than average morale and they have yet to develop a good level of understanding. as my players were all brought in from scratch i'll be monitoring the understanding level and see how it develops...

screencaps

league table

currently 13th and fairly satisfied

squad list

the squad. there's a mix of youth and experiance that should see me survive the year

andy caton

an absolute star so far. a big hope for the future

Just before going to bed for the night, I glance at my overview to see that I am currently in 9th place, with a possible finish of 2nd - 17th. Looks like I have mathematically avoided relegation in my first season, and its still March.

Thoroughly enjoying the challenge so far, and just had a period of all my decent strikers getting injured for varying short lengths with recoveries all overlapping.

Finally I've got Hendon, only took a second season of holidaying and a bit of restarting.

The second season seems to throw a few lower rep teams up, but that might be down to the reps of the teams going down.

Gloucester City & Heybridge Swifts came up in the second season if anybody wants either saves.

Halesowen Town, BS North, October 08

Table

Transfers

Squad List

The season has begun very nicely. Despite being knocked out of the Setanta Shield, we just knocked Hinckley out of the FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round. I have created a fantastic away formation that so far has left me unbeaten away from home in the league from 6 games. If only I could conjure up a strong home formation I'd bank on us securing promotion. My keeper Veiga has arguably been our most important signing so far. Touch wood he doesnt get injured! icon_biggrin.gif

Archived