dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

Brilliant update icon14.gif.

Love the detail icon14.gif.

Good luck in the playoffs icon14.gif.

Thanks mate, it's appreciated. Took me a wee while to get it done. Actually knew you would like the extra detail. Others just like to see the league tables and thats about it...

Will do my playoffs update soon...

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Scoham:

What are the best badges and kits for the 3 feeder league clubs? Any links?

I haven't found any made specifically for FM08 yet, I could send you the ones I have modified from FM07 in the meantime if you want.

Originally posted by Des Tiny:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

Playoff Semi Final Leg 2

Great result, although I'm going to miss my star player in the final.

Wow Dafuge is it just me or do you have someone sent off in every single game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nearly icon_frown.gif

I noticed you have got the mighty Winterton aswell dafuge, thought I would post a screenie of how he looks after 2 seasons.

Chris Winterton

I've just started my third season, still in the Blue Square Premier but things are looking up after being named 2nd favourites to win the league. Played 3 games so far, won 1 and drew 2, so unbeaten start for me icon_biggrin.gif Hope it continues. I will post my transfers and league standings in October time.

AFC Hornchurch - Blue Square South - End of First Season

My season was a success in terms of actually surviving in the division, but extremely mediocre in comparison to some of the rest of you that seems to be pushing for playoff spots in the first season.

My squad finished quite small, mainly because I had a solid first team and several players that just weren't good enough to push their way in - yet still got unhappy in their crapness. So alot of them have spent a vast majority of the second half of the season rotting in the reserves on the transfer list.

Overview - Confidence

My final league position was 10th, but could have been far better if we hadn't managed to draw as many games as we did, despite constantly creating far more chances than the opposition. The positions graph shows how we were consistantly average throughout the year. However with a few signing I think we can be looking to push for the playoffs next season, especially now the players are getting used to play with each other.

I have put together a squad where a vast majority of the player have a determination rating above 15, and many with over 15 in pace also, and these alone seemed to have got us some points off far superior opposition. In the summer I plan on looking for more players that are also have 15+ in determination and pace, but that are overall better than the players currently playing in their positions. Transfers in and out - This list only excludes my impressive goalkeeper Gareth Williams who was signed on a free transfer and wouldn't fit on the screen.

I will post another update at the start of the new season showing my summer ins/outs and new board expectations. Also I will hopefully be able to figure out what on earth is wrong with my config file that is stopping my Hornchurch kits from showing when every other kit from the kit pack is showing perfectly and all the id's seem to be correct (and having reloaded the skin many times with cache off).

Originally posted by migwar:

dafuge

good comeback in the playoff final icon_smile.gif

shame about the penalties icon_frown.gif

and that 1-1 draw stuff in the confidence thing is ridiculous. you beat them, didn't you??

talk about ridiculous, look at this

they say they're dissappointed that im not making an attempt to fulfil there long term plans, yet im in the league above where they want to be icon_confused.gif

if i get sacked 'cos of this i'll be well ****ed.

Great start to the season, 3 wins out of 3 \o/.

Beat Merthyr Tydfill 1-0 away, Baidoo scoring the winner before going off injured.

Then beat Eastbourne Boro 4-1 and Worcester 3-0 at home, great results, and the Hudson/Knights partnership for those two games got 5 goals between them icon14.gif.

Hopefully we can keep up our strong start.

Right then, I'm ready to start.

Chosen Guiseley Town, because I live about 5 minutes from their ground, and I don't feel the need to prove that I'm a real man icon_razz.gif

Here's my profile, hopefully everthing is in order.

I'm having a little trouble registering on the website at the moment, I haven't received a verification code, but I've sent an email to Allan so hopefully that should be sorted pretty soon.

So after fannying around with a number of different teams and 2 different database sizes and half a day of re-loading, Jimb O'Kav is unveiled as the new manager of Boreham Wood.

I have a feeling that I might be able to patch this one and continue, so maybe this will be a longer game than I first thought and that is the reason why I have taken so long in getting the right team.

Boreham Wood. Conference North August 2008.

Normally I finish of pre-season by smashing 10 or 12 goals past my U18's. As we had only scraped past them on penalties earlier in our warm-up, I decided that something else was needed.

8 goals conceded in 2 games against our parent clubs, (Watford & Arsenal), was not exactly what I had in mind, and neither were the 4 that we shipped against 2 carp teams that are so carp I'm not even going to mention who they were.

It must of worked upon though, as our competetive games played went like this.

(A) Wood 1 Welling 0.

Graz.

(A) Wood 2 St Albans 2.

Graz (2).

(H) Wood 1 Fisher 0.

Graz.

(H) Wood 1 Newport Co 3.

Graz.

(A) Wood 2 Thurrock 0.

Ash, Vincent.

(H) Wood 5 Bognor 1.

Ash, Graz (2), Lopez, Caddick.

Current league position 4th.

Graz is a bit of a legend, (in real life), round these parts, as it was his goals that fired the local club to promotion to the football league. He went to school round here with my little brother and returned to glory at his local club. You couldn't write it could you. Now in the twilight of his career icon_wink.gif, he seems to have more than ebough about him to cause the Conference South defences a problem or two.

With the help of Graz, I am attempting to do something in FM that I have never tried before. I am trying to get 1 player to tutour another player. Graz is the senior pro, and I am trying to get him to pass on some of his worldly wisdom, (and PPM's), to young Caddick.

Answers on a postcard to email in profile in anyone KNOWS how tutouring works. icon_confused.gif

All in all, a first few tentative steps in the right direction I would say icon14.gif.

Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mochard:

Well just as I was getting into it icon_frown.gif

Its all over

Looks like I will have to start again

That makes me angry icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who mentioned Staines icon_mad.gif?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mochard:

Well just as I was getting into it icon_frown.gif

Its all over

Looks like I will have to start again

That makes me angry icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who mentioned Staines icon_mad.gif? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yellow card for bad language

Damn these fans are hard to impress

They're having a giggle aren't they icon_mad.gif! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Most of them were early on in the season when I was experimenting with hard tackling high up the pitch.

Hendon - Conference South - End of Season 08/09

I have an expectation of a 4 year plan to win the Conference South. Although by points I wasnt close, I feel like it wsa a solid season. Shame it took 10 matches to record my first win though.

After getting the Manager of the Month award a day before my last league game I felt sure my playoff charge was over. Somehow we beat Thurrock 3-0 to qualify for the playoffs.

Playoff results were:

Semi Final vs St Albans

St Albans 2-2 Hendon Leg 1

Hendon 2-1 St Albans Leg 2

Aggregrate Hendon win 4-3

Final vs AFC Wimbledon

Very dissapointing match, which we lost 1-0, so its another season in the Conference South for me.

Was given a choice of Leyton Orient and West Ham as parent clubs, and chose the Hammers. They sent me Kyel Reid, and then I borrowed a young goalkeeper from them for the season. Hoping for more goodies next season.

Screenshots

Final League Table

Graph

Star Striker - Jon Newby

Final Transfers list for the season

Confidence for Competitions

Originally posted by butts:

Has anyone uploaded any rare sub 1000 teams saved games yet? Around 30 reloads and still not a sign of one

Yeah. They may not be on the website yet because I think Allan is away, but if you look between pages 3-6 of the thread you will find a few.

Bedford – 08/09 Pre-season

Only had 2 pre season fixtures, one against Northwich and one against Arsenal Reserves, lost both but I still didn’t have team ready.

Vs Northwich

Vs Arsenal Ressies

August Update

Started off alright, couple of draws and then a win against the almighty Fisher, but i haven't got a win in 3 games icon_frown.gif but just got some good signings, including Marcus Stewart icon_cool.gif he better do something, also got Grazioli and Rob Clare. So hopefully these signings can turn my season around.

Archived