dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by butts:

Has anyone uploaded any rare sub 1000 teams saved games yet? Around 30 reloads and still not a sign of one

Yeah. They may not be on the website yet because I think Allan is away, but if you look between pages 3-6 of the thread you will find a few. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers Jim

Originally posted by Alurny:

Can I just check something:

We can sign foreign players from domestic leagues correct?

Its just an aging Dutch player is interested in joining me from a championship club and I just want to make sure its ok.

Yes, that's fine. If you are signing a player from a domestic league you should be able to scout him whatever his nationality.

Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alurny:

Can I just check something:

We can sign foreign players from domestic leagues correct?

Its just an aging Dutch player is interested in joining me from a championship club and I just want to make sure its ok.

Yes, that's fine. If you are signing a player from a domestic league you should be able to scout him whatever his nationality. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a brand new captain then. icon_smile.gif

Lets hope he does ok for me!

Originally posted by AcidBurn:

Sorry for the double post but the rules on transfers i am not clear on don't know if its because i am tired or what but I can only sign players that appear on my scout reports?

Or players that come on trail?

Thanks

You can sign any player for whom you can get a scout report, it doesn't matter how you find them. You do not need to wait for your scouts to discover them first, you can search for them.

If you are able to sign them on trial first, a scout report is not needed, this can be used to sign foreigners who you cannot get a scout report for. I've signed a few Scots this way.

Hope that clears it up.

Gateshead - Blue Square Premier - 10/11

October Update

After the disappointment of defeat in last seasons play off final we have started this season extremely well. Unbeaten in our first 8 matches and only one point behind the league leaders, Gateshead sit 3rd in the league.

Fixtures

League Table

I wasn't able to re-sign goal hero Ryan Donaldson, or Stuart Bath, or Shane Ferguson as they all left Newcastle and wouldn't accept a contract icon_frown.gif. However, I did manage to get back Dave Edwards, and also signed right back Liam Davidson and central midfielder Rod Neville, all on loan from Newcastle. I also brought in a few other players on free transfers.

Transfers

Gloucester City - Conference South - Pre-Season 2008

It seems to have taken ages to sign up a squad of players and get through pre-season. However, I've finally started in the league and seem to be off to a good start, with a 7-0 thrashing of AFC Telford in my last friendly and a 4-0 whipping of Bognor in my first competitive game.

I do seem to be able to play much better football with this team (Gloucester City) than I could with Barrow in the demo challenge. They're passing it around like pro's and their finishing is deadly at the moment. icon_confused.gif

Best moment so far: one of my attacking midfielders just scored a free-kick which was an exact replica of the Ronaldinho world cup goal against David Seaman. icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Gilbster:

After a month with my only football being pre-season friendlys my board come up with this message.

I'd love to know how small a defeat they were expecting against West Ham (parent club). I'll admit all my pre-season results have been below par, but still seems a bit of a harsh message.

I've noticed that there always seems to be something negative in the board confidence update, however picky it might be.

This one annoyed me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gilbster:

After a month with my only football being pre-season friendlys my board come up with this message.

I'd love to know how small a defeat they were expecting against West Ham (parent club). I'll admit all my pre-season results have been below par, but still seems a bit of a harsh message.

I've noticed that there always seems to be something negative in the board confidence update, however picky it might be.

This one annoyed me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That seems like an equally stupid thing for a board to say. Surely they should be pleased you even got to the playoffs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gilbster:

That seems like an equally stupid thing for a board to say. Surely they should be pleased you even got to the playoffs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly.

Especially since I was predicted to come 22nd at the start of the season and Salisbury finished three places and 18 points above me. I thought 1-1 was a pretty good result.

I've just managed to sign what I hope will be two very important youth players if I can keep hold of them. Micky Stewart and Anthony Parker. Scoring goals was a big problem last season and I hope that these two can put an end to that, my scout found both, along with about 20 terrible players.

dafuge, I noticed you are also using the SS08 kits, do you happen to have a pack with AFC Hornchurch in. The pack I have for some reason refuses to these kits on my game, when it shows every other kit included in the pack perfectly. Plus I opened the file and the away kit was scaled too small also. If you have these, is it possible you could forward them to me please? Email in my profile if you can. Many thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

That seems like an equally stupid thing for a board to say. Surely they should be pleased you even got to the playoffs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly. The new confidence module is a bit harsh at present. I lost a pre season friendly to Peterborough heavily and they were still moaning at Christmas! icon_redface.gif

Originally posted by paulsgruff:

dafuge, I noticed you are also using the SS08 kits, do you happen to have a pack with AFC Hornchurch in. The pack I have for some reason refuses to these kits on my game, when it shows every other kit included in the pack perfectly. Plus I opened the file and the away kit was scaled too small also. If you have these, is it possible you could forward them to me please? Email in my profile if you can. Many thanks.

I couldn't find a pack for the Isthmian Premier league, that's the one I'm missing.

Where did you get yours from?

I couldn't find a pack for the Isthmian Premier league, that's the one I'm missing.

Oh right, I got it from FMGLive at this link. They seem to be having site trouble at the moment as they have been on and offline all day, but that is where the kits are originally uploaded to and they have far more already up than the sortitoutsi link does.

I can send you the pack I have if you like to your email, all the kits are in there, but as I say, no matter what I do I can't make the Hornchurch one display in game despite the config file definitely being correct.

Originally posted by paulsgruff:

Oh right, I got it from FMGLive at this link. They seem to be having site trouble at the moment as they have been on and offline all day, but that is where the kits are originally uploaded to and they have far more already up than the sortitoutsi link does.

I can send you the pack I have if you like to your email, all the kits are in there, but as I say, no matter what I do I can't make the Hornchurch one display in game despite the config file definitely being correct. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't work out why they are not working either.

That pack seems to be missing the AFC Wimbledon kits.

I can't work out why they are not working either.

That pack seems to be missing the AFC Wimbledon kits.

I've also got this problem with a few of the Brazilian kits from the SS08 ones from that site. For example I definitely have the pics and config files correct for the club Flamengo, yet the home kit always appears jet black with nothing on it and no matter what I do or change I can't seem to get it to show the SS08 kit - and I have a friend who is also getting the same problem. I guess it's more a question for the graphics forum.

Also yeah, I didn't realise that the AFC Wimbledon kit was missing from that until you just said it - probably just a badly put together pack or something. But yeah, I'm getting problems with several teams SS08 kits not displaying, like Hornchurch and the jet black kit for Flamengo in Brazil.

Chippenham Town - Blue Square South - 08/09 - End Of Season Update

League Table

League Position Graph

Absolutely delighted to get promoted with my first attempt. Quite suprised aswell as I would have settled for a top half finish. Anyway we were extremely lucky to get Bristol City as a parent club and they gave me 3 players ; the best being Frankie Artus who was outstanding for me. My club captain Darren Edwards did well for me aswell and finished as top scorer.

Looking forward to starting the new season in the Blue Square Premier now icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by jsar:

i have the afformentioned kit packs but i have no idea how to add them to the game. if someone could be so kind as to explain it to me that would be much appreciated.

Create a folder call 'graphics' in My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2008 and just extract the kit packs into there, you can organise it however you want inside the graphics folder, make folders called 'kits' 'logos' etc or not bother. As long as they are in there they should work fine.

Then go into the game and go to preferences, then to your display settings, untick 'use skin cache' and tick 'always reload skin on confirm' then click confirm. They should appear in game then.

NUFC Sean I notice you are playing as Gateshead, I am currently enjoying my seasons with them on 07, just wondering how many of the original squad you still have hanging around? I have found they actually have some rather useful players in the team to begin with.

Season 2008/09 Review - Hendon in the Blue Square South

League Winners (Table)

Won it with 3 games left to play.

Final League Table

A pretty comfortable winning margin. Settled for promising to stay up at the start of the season, and frankly never really expected more.

Past Positions

Shaky start. Steadied up and never let go.

Transfers

The Fulham link certainly played its role in this lil' upset. No less than 6 loans from them; all key players while at the club. Also completed my first player sale, and very pleased with the deal. Gemmill was among the youngsters already at the club when I was put in charge.

Manager of the Season

Yet they didn't give me a single Manager of the Month award...

Confidence

Meeting and exceeding the expectations. Hopefully I can keep this up in the Blue Square Premier.

Marine AFC Hire rookie manager Machi Gun-Head

Upon promotion to the Blue Square North, club chairman Peter Saxton decided it was time for a fresh start, and hired unproven Australian manager Machi Gun-Head. Saxton announced his plans to be a force to be reckoned with in the Blue Square North within the next three years.

Upon his arrival, Machi Gun-Head has been well received by the relentless Mariners fans, telling the press that, "The 200 or so fans who come out to watch the Mariners strut their stuff every week have greeted me with open arms. I'm looking forward to a long successful era with Marine AFC, and so are they. There is a real sense of confidence and belief around the club, and in the dressing room."

Pundits are declaring that Gun-Head's success in the Blue Square North will depend entirely upon his creativity in the transfer market. Being given a non-existent transfer fund, and an imaginary back room staff, Machi Gun-Head has it all to do at Marine AFC.

Hitchin Town - Alexander Xenos September Report:

A few good results see me sitting prettily mid-table with quite a few shades of sunlight seperating me from the relegation dog-fight that is sure to ensue...

Two victories agains St Albans and Chelmsford at home more than makes up for my woeful away form:

Current Results

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scoham:

Got it, thanks. Where did you get the kits from? They'll do for now, seem to look ok in your screenshot.

This is where I get my kits from </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi dafuge

Great challenge - loving it.

Did you manage to download the BGB Southern Premier kits/badges? Every time I try the link it 'times out'. Any chance of emailing them to me?

Ta

Originally posted by The Flux Capacitor:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scoham:

Got it, thanks. Where did you get the kits from? They'll do for now, seem to look ok in your screenshot.

Hi dafuge

Did you manage to download the BGB Southern Premier kits/badges? Every time I try the link it 'times out'. Any chance of emailing them to me?

Ta </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've got them, but there doesn't seem to be an email address in your profile.

Send me an email and I'll reply to it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Flux Capacitor:

Hi dafuge

Ta </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've got them, but there doesn't seem to be an email address in your profile.

Send me an email and I'll reply to it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Done. Thanks

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jordanknox:

icon_eek.gif Anyone seen this before?

No. That's brilliant icon14.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's awesome. icon14.gif

Read in one of the blogs that you could choose what type of feeder club you wanted to have, but when you first request one at the start of the game you don't get a 'type' choice. Suppose it makes sense for the board to make you wait until you have been there a while for this to happen.

Originally posted by Des Tiny:

NUFC Sean I notice you are playing as Gateshead, I am currently enjoying my seasons with them on 07, just wondering how many of the original squad you still have hanging around? I have found they actually have some rather useful players in the team to begin with.

when i took over there was no real players in the squad except fro a few youth regens. So to answer your question, none! lol

Archived