dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well managed after a few reloads to get a below 1000 rating clubd so have now taken my first management position at chippenham town (900)

and here are my first screenshots.

Expectations

starting line up

as in total i have 8 non grey player going to have to do some serious recruitment. and with no back room staff at least some of my wage bill is going to have to go in this area.

will keep ya posted icon_biggrin.gif

Btw when will the website be up to register teams?

Originally posted by aston_martin:

Arrid, could you send me that save please? Intent on playing as my home town.

If it wouldn't be too much trouble E-mail is in profile.

Cheers icon_smile.gif

Will try and find a way of getting it to you, may take a little while though if thats ok?

The game obviously takes some notice of which divisions the promoted teams are coming from. By which I mean that of the teams with 1000 rep, I've seen Bedford, Hitchin and Tiverton quite frequently, while I've yet to see Fleetwood, Prescot Cables or Stamford. Which seems to be because there are only two teams with higher reputations in the Southern Premier, where the first three clubs come from, while there are nine teams with higher reputations in the Northern Premier.

Which means if you're hoping for one of the lower rep teams in the Northern Premier, you're in for a long wait. And if you get a 1000 rep team from that division, then they'll probably be relatively rare.

Just thought I'd share my experiences. icon14.gif

Originally posted by poyplemonkeys:

If anyone gets Harrow Borough promoted please upload the save for me. I know their manager in real life so would take great pleasure replacing him icon_biggrin.gif

I will keep an eye open for ya. If you see Team Bath popping up give me a sign icon_biggrin.gif

Started with two 1-all draws against my under 18s and the reserves, followed by 4 sound friendly beatings, but we just won the first league game of the season! Brace from the young newgen Charles Lamb who's already my best senior player according to my ass man! Here we go. icon_cool.gif

I have now seen Carshalton but not sure I want them. Did a save as on that game with me still as a Holiday Manager, and have offered the file to Allan if he wants to host it somewhere.

I will now continue reloading to see what else I can find, and will do saves on any other lower rep things until I either get bored or find one of the teams I want.

Well, after reloading for over an hour, I was just writing a post about how I was going to plump for Guiseley, who had only come up twice in all that time... when who should pop up on my final attempt at reloading to get a sub-1000 team but Halesowen!

I've saved with me as Holiday Man and will try to make the save available if anyone wants it. I can also offer a Guiseley save if that's interesting to anyone too.

In the meantime, here's my profile as manager of Halesowen.

finally got through the holiday period after two whole hours and have finally managed to become the new manager of Worksop Town. i know their repuatation is above 1000 but i've never done this challenge before and it's a local team to me. (i hope i'm still a man...)

my profile is below:

Richard Lipscombe - Worksop Town.

oh well, here goes.....

I'm glad a lot more people are getting to play as Halesowen, i live here and its nice to see people taking on the challenge of getting the mighty Yeltz to the Premiership. I'll be trying as well tomorrow evening and all night long.

Update

As you can see I started off a bit shakey but once the team got used to my tactics we've been playing some pretty decent stuff. 4-0 against 2nd placed Nuneaton was our performance so far. Lee Ellington and Ryan Donaldson are really good together up front.

Originally posted by NUFCSean:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kccircle:

Does everyone know that you need to subscribe to http://www.dafugeschallenge.com/ to compete in the challenge?

Its the best way of seeing how you do compared with everyone else

ive registered but when i log in it wont let me validate it :S </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd email allan (addy in an earlier post) as you cannot update challenge without the website

Originally posted by Scoham:

Looks like it would be best if you were allowed to retain English players, as its not ideal or realistic having to sign a whole team.

Are teams still coming up with empty squads?

I thought this was sorted during FM07?

Originally posted by NUFCSean:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kccircle:

Does everyone know that you need to subscribe to http://www.dafugeschallenge.com/ to compete in the challenge?

Its the best way of seeing how you do compared with everyone else

ive registered but when i log in it wont let me validate it :S </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any problems bug me, use the contact form on the website or email me at dafuge@allanbrown.org or allanbrown [at] gmail.com

I'm still reloading, would quite like Hendon, Borem Wood, Hemel Hempstead or Harrow Borough, but am at least slowly seeing some of the lower repped teams.

Seen Mangotsfield, Chippenham and Carshalton so far and have to say Mangotsfield look like a really nice challenge so far.

Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scoham:

Looks like it would be best if you were allowed to retain English players, as its not ideal or realistic having to sign a whole team.

Are teams still coming up with empty squads?

I thought this was sorted during FM07? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whole squad empty with Worksop - maybe should have included all players from England?

well after an awful pre-season including a 5-0 drumming by unheard of Abbey Hey it looks like my career is not of to a good start. hopefully with the start of the season my players can pick them selves up and stop leaking so many goal.

pre-season results

Transfers

i think my 3 best transfers based on the results so far are going to be my two loan players from reading and ian simpemba (simply beacuse when i made him happy got positive PR from the entire team on the choice)

Archived