dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

Gloucester City - 08/09 - End of Season Review

My young Gloucester side did really well this season and after battling for a playoff spot all season we finally secured a place with one game to go.

League Table

League Graph

Playoff Semi Final Leg 1

Playoff Semi Final Leg 2

Playoff Final

I was a nervous wreck the whole match because Crawley bombarded us with shots but somehow we managed to 120 minutes with out conceding a goal. When the dreaded penalty shootout started I just left the room and hoped for the best, can't stand watching it!

Key Players:

Adam Bygrave

Gavin Rothery

Harry Harris

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by iacovone:

Yeah my attendance dipped but has come back up again. I genuinely think it's more to do with how your team is doing rather than a 'bug'.

Last season we sneaked into the playoffs on the last day of the season and averaged 1157.

This season we have lost 2 games out of our last 22, (and 1 of them was on penalties in a cup), and we are averaging 273, (it's going down, the better I do!). The average was 308 the last time I looked and since then I've had 2 wins and haven't conceded a goal icon_eek.gif.

In my last 11 games we have conceded only 3 goals

I beg to differ icon_rolleyes.gif.

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

Last season we sneaked into the playoffs on the last day of the season and averaged 1157.

My teams attendance did something like that also. I had an average of just over 500 people turning up throughout the season when I was sitting nicely in 5th place, then in the home leg of the playoff semi-final suddenly 2988 people showed up (12 short of capacity). Glory hunting layabouts. Hope the postal strike stopped some of them getting their season ticket in time for the first match in the Blue Square Premier.

Originally posted by Jordanknox:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kaNovi:

This is ********, what a stupid f**cking bug!

Has it been posted in the bug forum? i cant see it ?

I didnt get my contract renewed even though i got promoted first season and ended up 12 second season.

I find this to be one of the biggest bug in a long time, and this challenge is a waste of time and useless.

FOR ****S SAKE SI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want my money back icon_mad.gif

This happened to me, the only option is to download FMM and give yourself a new contract. However you will be disqualified from the challenge as I found out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

as only two people have had this experiance i would go with what others have said that its down to you setting to high expectations but hey im not playing your game so i could be totally wrong.

just would have thought this would have effected more people if was an actual "bug"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnsley:

Gale Hits Wittons Cup Clash

Pitch The weather says Gale, Downpour and the pitch is p!ss wet through icon_biggrin.gif

Nice touch icon14.gif

Leeky Town icon_biggrin.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_wink.gif good job i beat them 3-1, or i'd have complained about them trying to fix the pitch and the match icon_wink.gif

michaeltmurray.

I know your a fan of "boring tactics", so I thought this might appeal to you.

We're still in November and we've already kept 16 clean sheets.

I saw a comment earlier in the thread that there are no nil nil's anymore, (I've had 5 this season).

That's my goals against column this season icon_biggrin.gif.

i dont know as im getting wierd monthly updates for about last 6 months saying im not meeting long term expectations when im in 2nd season in a higher division and am 5pts clear of relegation with 10 games left when i choose stay clear of relegation at start of season and am only 6pts from mid table also reached quarters of setanta shield fourth round of fa trophy which is at least 2 rounds more in each comp then they wanted so how can i not be meeting long term expectations when choosing team at start of challengethe 3 year plan was that i had to have at least a respectable position in BSS

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iacovone:

Yeah my attendance dipped but has come back up again. I genuinely think it's more to do with how your team is doing rather than a 'bug'.

This season we have lost 2 games out of our last 22, (and 1 of them was on penalties in a cup), and we are averaging 273, (it's going down, the better I do!). The average was 308 the last time I looked and since then I've had 2 wins and haven't conceded a goal icon_eek.gif.

In my last 11 games we have conceded only 3 goals

I beg to differ icon_rolleyes.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My attendances in 1st season were around the 1200 mark. In season two I've had 900 and 700 - I am promotion favourites following a play off final defeat

Originally posted by andy139s:

i dont know as im getting wierd monthly updates for about last 6 months saying im not meeting long term expectations when im in 2nd season in a higher division and am 5pts clear of relegation with 10 games left when i choose stay clear of relegation at start of season and am only 6pts from mid table also reached quarters of setanta shield fourth round of fa trophy which is at least 2 rounds more in each comp then they wanted so how can i not be meeting long term expectations when choosing team at start of challengethe 3 year plan was that i had to have at least a respectable position in BSS

Try saying all that without pausing icon_biggrin.gif.

michaeltmurray.

I saw a comment earlier in the thread that there are no nil nil's anymore, (I've had 5 this season).

That's my goals against column this season .

what sort of tactics are you using as that a great run

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> michaeltmurray.

what sort of tactics are you using as that a great run </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

After thinking long and hard, and working hard to tweak my tactic in the demo, I have opted for the "hoof the ball up the pitch to my two big fat blokes, and hope that one of them either scores or kicks it off the pitch away from our goal" tactic.

If the opposition GK would stop saving free-kicks from my GK then I would be as happy as a pig in poo icon_wink.gif.

Sheesh, stupid patch days. I couldn't get to the forums from work all afternoon!

Jimbo: did you have a fan day? If so did it turn out negatively? Perhaps the negative responces to the fan days were what was causing your attendence bug?

Now that the first patch is out I will be trying to actually find a team to play with. I've actually been really disapointed with the choice of teams this season. I've probably reloaded well over 200 times now and I've only seen 6 different <1000 rep teams. Even teams with 800-900 rep are almost impossible to come by especially in the north. It seems like we had alot more selection last year as there were less dominant powerhouses (1200+rep).

I was hoping that was there after I saw them giving it to the lino, but I haven't seen it yet myself.

I was dissapointed that "his team-mates have to drag him away" doesn't have a graphical representation though icon_frown.gif.

Wisla. What's the "just starting" box all about?

Is it a reminder for favourite TV programmes or something icon_confused.gif?

Originally posted by birdy123:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wisla_krakow:

Oxford seem a bit annoyed with that red card decision icon_biggrin.gif

Love that feature icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, a great feature it is, but on one occasion, my players were surrounding the lino after a goal was dissalowed, the oppo GK took the free kick while they were berating the lino, they now have a 10 on 1 v my GK cos my team are too interested in complaining. Amazingly, they didnt go on to score.

Thats a lie. of course it is. they did go on to score, and it annoyed the bloody hell out of me. :angry:

Originally posted by Quavis:

Sheesh, stupid patch days. I couldn't get to the forums from work all afternoon!

Jimbo: did you have a fan day? If so did it turn out negatively? Perhaps the negative responces to the fan days were what was causing your attendence bug?

Now that the first patch is out I will be trying to actually find a team to play with. I've actually been really disapointed with the choice of teams this season. I've probably reloaded well over 200 times now and I've only seen 6 different <1000 rep teams. Even teams with 800-900 rep are almost impossible to come by especially in the north. It seems like we had alot more selection last year as there were less dominant powerhouses (1200+rep).

I had 1 in my first season and I won and won well and they said it was a success. It was about a third of the way through Season 2 I think. I haven't had one in season 3 at all.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wisla_krakow:

I was hoping that was there after I saw them giving it to the lino, but I haven't seen it yet myself.

I was dissapointed that "his team-mates have to drag him away" doesn't have a graphical representation though icon_frown.gif.

Wisla. What's the "just starting" box all about?

Is it a reminder for favourite TV programmes or something icon_confused.gif? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a programme reminder for freeview, tells me when any programme is starting for my TV icon14.gif.

Another great thing about that red card was just after the Oxford players complained to the referee, he blew for full time icon_biggrin.gif.

CHELMSFORD

Started second season very well. P6 W3 D3 L0 F9 A3

Just sold my reserve keeper for 3k + exchange. The chappie they have exchanged with him is a striker with pace 15, finishing 13 and composure 15. His name is Josh Klein-Davis and he is a U21 Welsh International. He starts the game off with Bristol City. Will post screenie tomorrow

Originally posted by jsar:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jordanknox:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kaNovi:

This is ********, what a stupid f**cking bug!

Has it been posted in the bug forum? i cant see it ?

I didnt get my contract renewed even though i got promoted first season and ended up 12 second season.

I find this to be one of the biggest bug in a long time, and this challenge is a waste of time and useless.

FOR ****S SAKE SI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want my money back icon_mad.gif

This happened to me, the only option is to download FMM and give yourself a new contract. However you will be disqualified from the challenge as I found out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

as only two people have had this experiance i would go with what others have said that its down to you setting to high expectations but hey im not playing your game so i could be totally wrong.

just would have thought this would have effected more people if was an actual "bug" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't agree that is a bug either. The long term ambition bar breaks yes but if you get what the board ask you keep your job it seems.

i think it must be a chelmsford thing as ive been sacked like jordanknox was

what more can you do just avoid relegation which is what i choose got through 2 rounds further in 2 cup competions than board wanted and they kept saying not meeting long term expectations and sacked me after last game

First Half report Season 1

We are now upon January in my first season in charge of the Wombles. So far things are going, great, first in the table, loan signings doing well, on a 13 match and counting unbeaten run, finances are great, things are rosy.

Cup Expectations:

FA Cup- First Round- got knocked out by Aldershot in the 4th Rd qualilfying replay 3-1 and my board is still miffed at that

Setanta Shield-3rd Round, currently in the 5th Round

FA Trophy-2nd Round, going to play my second round match in a week

The media had us finishing 9th, the board wants a three year plan to survive in the Conference, and I currently sit first so I am on track. Average Attendance is 2600.

Victor Moses from Crystal Palace has been an assain in front of net, played 33 matches, scored 23 goals in all competitions.

<A HREF="http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbstablejan09hk7.jpg" TARGET=_blank>BSS Table Jan 09

</A>

Transfers so far

Womble Squad

Tragically my game is still yet to arrive. Because i live outside a major city in a country where the game doesn't sell that well I've had to get my local games store to order in a copy specifically for me. The plan was for it to arrive today (release date here was yesterday) but I've just received the call that it will now not be here until at least next Thursday. Thats a very long time to be sitting and waiting while everybody else tears off ahead.

I may be saved by the fact that quite a few people will probably start over when the first full patch is released however. The situation is thrown into complete chaos though as it will mean i receive FM08 and PES2008 on the same day bangHead.gif

First half season report[/b}

After the umpteenth time reloading, decided that Chipenham[/b} would have to do. The squad, if it existed at all was a total mess.

Immediately went staff and player hunting. A few gems came through including this Frenchman who would go on to become captain! A link with Bristol City came in handy with 4 players coming over, among them this strike machine. Averaging close to 1.5 goals per game, The Bluebirds ascended the BSS ladder in style, back to back 5-1 wins among the highlights.

A 2 month toe injury threatened to spoil the dream run but McGivern and Brown, two strikers who had served me well in my FM07 campaign kept the points ticking over.

After 21 game, The Bluebirds sit at the top of the table by the smallest of margins.

Our form in the cup competition were nothing to shout home about though. Bombed out of both the FA Cup and Setanta Cup on first attempt.

Whitby Town 2009/10 season 2 update.

Following on from last seasons runner up position, much was expected at the Turnball Ground as the Seasiders of Whitby went for promotion this time around.

Sadly a poor start seemed to scupper any title hopes, and a resurgent Leigh RMI who had just re-arrived back in BSN were pre-season favourites and under the guidence of Phil Parkinson romped home.

Whitby improved throughout the season and actually got more points this season than last although they finished a place lower.

table

Play off success was to follow however, defeating Halesowen 3-1 on aggregate, and then 2nd place Nuneaton 1-0 despite star man getting sent off.

play off final

ZZ Top

Strength in depth proved crucial as four strikers all made double figures, and parent club Middlesborough helped enormously by allowing me to keep their two classy loanees.

centre back

centre mid

Check out Goulon's discipliary record 21 yellows but no red cards all season. Is that a record Dafuge?

The rest of the squad is useful without being exceptional and success built on solid defence, hence a growing interest in my back line, Stevens is getting interest from likes of Hartlepool and Wednesday so will see what the best offfer we might get for him.

Financially ok, suffered from "attendance slump" nearly 1200 first season down to under 600 for season average, strangely board did nothing to help this by arranging fans days? However have achieved everything under budget and in black, its a good start now will see what happens in the BSP.

Check out Goulon's discipliary record 21 yellows but no red cards all season. Is that a record Dafuge?

I played 32 games in the demo with Barrow.

Vinny Samways got booked in all games he played except 1. It was over 20, (but less than 25), but I can't remember what exactly.

I started a thread about it somewhere.

Matlock 08/09 End of season

So I won promotion through the playoffs after a thriller of a semi-final tie...and then this

Playoff Final

Had Daryl Clare suspended for the final, but the new hero at causeway lane...Luis Cumbers showed his magic once again.. and I´m ready for the Blue Square Premier!

Will have to do some changes to the squad if I´m to do anything else than fight to survive relegation I think

End of season squad

Originally posted by kccircle:

CHELMSFORD

Just sold my reserve keeper for 3k + exchange. The chappie they have exchanged with him is a striker with pace 15, finishing 13 and composure 15. His name is Josh Klein-Davis and he is a U21 Welsh International. He starts the game off with Bristol City. Will post screenie tomorrow

Josh Klein-Davis

Seems a good larker for Conf Blue South - offered in exchange for reserve keeper

Originally posted by birdy123:

Love that feature icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i got the opposition players crowding round the linesman after we scored a disputed goal.... laughed so much i thurt!! great feature.

Originally posted by kccircle:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kccircle:

CHELMSFORD

Josh Klein-Davis

Seems a good larker for Conf Blue South - offered in exchange for reserve keeper </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he's a very good striker forthis level from what i can see. scored alot for his club so far in my game. can't buy him though as my Worksop board won't give me any transfer funds despite bringing in monthly profits... icon_mad.gif

Originally posted by Tyler_Durden:

Matlock 08/09 End of season

So I won promotion through the playoffs after a thriller of a semi-final tie...and then this

Playoff Final

Had Daryl Clare suspended for the final, but the new hero at causeway lane...Luis Cumbers showed his magic once again.. and I´m ready for the Blue Square Premier!

Will have to do some changes to the squad if I´m to do anything else than fight to survive relegation I think

End of season squad

Tyler - how did Luis Cumbers do for you? I have him as back up AMC but my fans think he is my worst player and my confidence is slipping as a result

what more can you do just avoid relegation which is what i choose got through 2 rounds further in 2 cup competions than board wanted and they kept saying not meeting long term expectations and sacked me after last game

Yea this is a bug but unfortunately hasn't been fixed for the beta. Fingers crossed for the full patch because this challenge is hard enough without us being punished for over-achieving.

Essentially the board say they want you to establish yourself in the Conference North/Sound within say 3 years.

You win the league in 2 years and then it doesnt seem to register that your in a league above and if your in the bottom half of the table it thinks your under-achieving even though your a league higher then they wanted in the first place!

Just finished my first season as AFC WIMBLEDON. Got off to a great start, as high as second but then a mid season nightmare saw me slipping down to twelth. A few formation changes later and a storming finish to the season saw me finishing 6th, 1 point behind a playoff spot, absolutely gutted. Won my last game and was depending on others but it didn't go my way.

Still, plenty to build upon for the upcoming season.

Charlie Sheringham (on loan from my parent club palace) was my main man, scoring 16 goals in 25 apearances.

Originally posted by dagurol:

Gloucester City - 08/09 - End of Season Review

My young Gloucester side did really well this season and after battling for a playoff spot all season we finally secured a place with one game to go.

League Table

League Graph

Playoff Semi Final Leg 1

Playoff Semi Final Leg 2

Playoff Final

I was a nervous wreck the whole match because Crawley bombarded us with shots but somehow we managed to 120 minutes with out conceding a goal. When the dreaded penalty shootout started I just left the room and hoped for the best, can't stand watching it!

Key Players:

Adam Bygrave

Gavin Rothery

Harry Harris

Good to see The Tigers doing well. Congratulations! icon14.gif

I hereby put forward a motion that Gloucester City have the best club logo in the whole of the football league, and that Gavin Rothery is the bastard child of Gazza and Maradona. icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Top Gooner:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by andy139s:

Yea this is a bug but unfortunately hasn't been fixed for the beta. Fingers crossed for the full patch because this challenge is hard enough without us being punished for over-achieving.

Essentially the board say they want you to establish yourself in the Conference North/Sound within say 3 years.

You win the league in 2 years and then it doesnt seem to register that your in a league above and if your in the bottom half of the table it thinks your under-achieving even though your a league higher then they wanted in the first place! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Has anyone from here started a thread in the bugs forum about it yet?

It might be a good idea if as many people as possible could provide save games to show this happening, that way it might be sorted in time for the patch.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by andy139s:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> michaeltmurray.

what sort of tactics are you using as that a great run </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

After thinking long and hard, and working hard to tweak my tactic in the demo, I have opted for the "hoof the ball up the pitch to my two big fat blokes, and hope that one of them either scores or kicks it off the pitch away from our goal" tactic.

If the opposition GK would stop saving free-kicks from my GK then I would be as happy as a pig in poo icon_wink.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*joking*

You are lucky to be getting 200 people to watch that sort of football

The fans need to be entertained icon_biggrin.gif

*serious*

Still in my first season but so far I have noticed what I consider to be realistic attendances - i.e. slowly increasing as I am still unbeatan at home and top scorers in the league (with a pretty average defence meaning lots of goals for both teams icon_wink.gif)

As I have been keeping a close eye on my attendances I will certainly update when in my second season and keep my fingers crossed that nothing lie what you have experienced happens to me

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ScottishSteven:

Aaberdeenn - The kits are in a thread at the top of the page mate on the FMG forums. It's called SS'08 - Downloa Links, New packs released - UPDATE on 24.10.07

Works fine for me as it's being hosted on Filefront, not FMGlive.

Only the Ryman Premier are on filefront.

Would you be able to send me the Southern Premier and the Unibond Premier?]

Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Done mate. Sent to the email addy in your profile.

It's actually a superpack, that has all the ss08 kits in it, including EPL, the English non-leagues we need, international teams etc.

It's posted in a seperate thread on FMGlive, at the top of the kits section on the forums.

Originally posted by spotg:

Yes. KaNovi started one, I posted in it for some clarity, and it was closed by the testing team sharpish as a known issue.

I'd rather assumed it was sorted in the patch tbh.

It seems a bit strange to close a thread for a valid problem, even if it has been reported and logged.

People wanting to vent will simply now just open a new thread and clutter up the forum.

There is enough of that as it is.

January Update

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Eastbourne 1 - 3 Harrow

Jailow (2)

Mackenzie

Droylsden 0 - 2 Harrow (FA Trophy 2nd Round)

Barron

Hutchinson

Harrow 8 - 1 St. Albans

Ephraim (4)

Barron

Hutchinson (2)

Tomkins

Thurrock 0 - 3 Harrow

Hutchinson

Ephraim

Barron

Harrow 4 - 3 Bath

Sheldon

Barron

Ephraim

McKeever

Bishop's Sto 0 - 1 Harrow

Ephraim

Harrow 0 - 1 Halifax (FA Trophy 3rd Round)</pre>

Wow. What a month. 100% in the league, including an 8-1 hammering of St. Albans. I've no idea where it came from, but everything that hadn't been going in for so long just decided it had enough, and flew into the top corner. Loved it and I can just imagine the old school vidiprinter icon_smile.gif

Harrow 8 (eight) - 1 St. Albans
Out of the FA Trophy to Halifax in a hard fought game, and down to the bug where the board pretty much expected me to win the Champions League first season, they're ****ed at me because of it. It's still too early to ask for a new contract so I'm just praying my league form is going to convince me that I deserve a new contract. They haven't sacked me yet so that's a good sign.

The month was just topped up nicely by this on the 1st February. I'd imagine the 4 goals against St. Albans had something to do with it.

Originally posted by spotg:

Yes. KaNovi started one, I posted in it for some clarity, and it was closed by the testing team sharpish as a known issue.

I'd rather assumed it was sorted in the patch tbh.

If it's been logged as a known issue then I would expect it to be fixed in the patch, something like this can't be allowed to remain in the game.

By the end of my season I should be in a good position to test it out. I've just been promoted to League 2 and my contract is up for renewal at the end of the season.

Archived