dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by paulsgruff:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

Well I'm actually getting the game tomorrow, finally. icon14.gif

So will get my game up at some point tomorrow. A possible all nighter on the cards to help me get into it. icon_wink.gif

Didn't realise you didn't have the game yet icon13.gif, reading this thread must be quite close to torture for you icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed it is, but it's quite enjoyable seeing how everyone is getting on as I don't have anything to worry about at the moment.

Really looking forwards to my game tomorrow though. icon14.gif

Good job Phil.

Originally posted by Supermas2:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iacovone:

Well with two games to go, promotion has been secured!!! icon_cool.gif

Full update coming shortly. Hope this doesn't end all the joy! icon_confused.gif

Have you installed the patch? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You will be fine if you have matched the season expectations (or bettered them) and did ok in cups/finances. icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kaNovi:

The Confidence/contract bug is not there !!! icon_mad.gif

I can't see anything there to do with board/fan confidence and manager contract renewals either. This was the only thing I was really hoping for with this patch.

The closing down and disallowed goals bugs I couldn't care less about, my team is still doing well despite these. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly.. its really annoying.

it looks like i have to wait a couple of weeks before i can start over again.. icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iacovone:

Any idea who you're going to be aaberdeenn??

Well I want to be a sub 1000 rep team with Boreham Wood, Frickley Athletic or Chippenham Town my 3 preffered teams I think. I'll see though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wanted Hemel Hempsted but all I got was Stamford F.C. (I noticed only a couple of people were them so I thought I might as well)

Does anyone know what raises manager reputation>? I am still unknown despite 2 promotions! I am on TV every now again too! *shakes fist*!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phil1987:

cheers for the congrats guys icon_smile.gif

did i hear someone say there is a patch?!

Yeh. it's only the beta patch though, it's over in GQ. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

are you guys installing it? or do you think i should wait til the real thing?

Halesowen Town, Blue Square North, 2009/10

Well our second season couldn't have gone better. I predicted that we'd mount a title challenge this year, and backed that up by telling the board we were going to get promoted. I had added some quality to a squad that had probably over-performed last season so I expected a playoff spot at the minimum. A few young regens came into the side and played well (as I will show with screenshots later). We were also extremely fortunate to avoid any mid season injuries. The only serious injury came with 5 games to go. So, with the help of a well disciplined and physically tough squad, we romped our way to the title.

League Table

League Graph

Finances - not looking great because we had to pay out 120k worth of promotion bonuses!

Club Info

The Key Men

Eric Oddy - My pick for player of the season, banged them in.

Rower - strong but young centre back. Will become a legend.

The Bike - great loan signing, probably the best midfielder in the league, hope we can get him again next season.

Daryl Clare - not as good as last season, but scored when we needed him to.

Squad List

To put icing on the cake, Oddy won player of the season, and I scooped this. icon_biggrin.gif

So obviously I'm delighted with promotion and as far as next season's aims go - ideally I'd like to get out of the red and into the black as well as cementing our place in the Blue Square Premier. But depending on who gets brought in this summer, we could make a late dash for the playoffs. Who knows???

icon_cool.gif

Here is my new profile as Fleetwood Town manager. >>Clicky<<<

Five games in now, drew the first three, should have done better as twice had the oppo equalise in the dying minutes. Did well with a 3-0 win at Vauxhall after that before this litte beauty came along...

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/virtexpne/Chippenham/Aveit.jpg[/img]]WHAT WE ALL PLAY FOR! icon_biggrin.gif

3Sixty's Chippenham town mini update - 2010-2011

Well i always knew my first game in the new league would be a close and tightly contested affair...

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/1898/1stmatchov9.jpg

I know you all want to see the table after 5 games so...

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/82/premtablewy6.jpg

P.S I won't be installing any beta patch, ill be waiting for the main one.

Just played my first 2 matches in the Blue Square Premier. I can't believe how well my players have done in the first 2 matches, I've switched to a narrow width 4-4-2 daimond and reduced my pitch size to totally minimum as I though I would get played off the park in this division, and have managed to win the first 2 games.

First Match - Second Match (the the state of the pitch out in this game - quite nackered saying it was only drizzle!)

Ashley Cain (last years player of the season) has shown he can play at a higher level by netting twice in the last match - but I'm noticing how important pace is in my defence this year. I played Michael Duberry (legend) for the first half in the last game and it was scary watching him not keeping up with the strikers running onto balls over the top. So my back 4 is the same as last season in the Blue Square South other than a new right back, and I'm amazed to say they've started very solidly after going up a division.

Currently sitting 2nd, but first 2 games were at home on my narrow, terrible pitch - I imagine we might get stretched when we play away in the next 2.

December Update

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Bromley 1 - 1 Harrow (Setanta Shield South 3rd Round)

Pestle

Pens: 1 - 2

Cambridge 1 - 1 Harrow

Osano

Harrow 3 - 0 Stalybridge (FA Trophy 1st Round)

Ephraim (2)

Sheldon

Welling 1 - 0 Harrow

Burton 2 - 2 Harrow (Setanta Shield Main 4th Round)

Ephraim

Jailow

Pens: 4 - 3

Harrow 0 - 1 Ebbsfleet</pre>

Yeah, so, inconsistency ftw! Went out to a better team in the cup, Burton are a Blue Square Premier team. Dropped off the pace a bit, so it wasn't a merry Christmas period for me really. I'm nearly done with January thanks to the crappiness of the forums so that update is coming soon too.

i tried playing challenge after installing patch but no matter what i did couldn't win or draw even after changing tactics so might have to restart unless its okay to continue with pre patch saved game as it looks like to get the patch to work you have to start from stratch

so dafuge is it okay to continue with pre patch game

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phil1987:

cheers for the congrats guys icon_smile.gif

did i hear someone say there is a patch?!

Yeh. it's only the beta patch though, it's over in GQ. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

poyplemonkeys. ^^ icon14.gif

Originally posted by ScottishSteven:

Aaberdeenn - The kits are in a thread at the top of the page mate on the FMG forums. It's called SS'08 - Downloa Links, New packs released - UPDATE on 24.10.07

Works fine for me as it's being hosted on Filefront, not FMGlive.

Only the Ryman Premier are on filefront.

Would you be able to send me the Southern Premier and the Unibond Premier?]

Thanks.

Boreham Wood November 2009 update. Conference South.

Despite spending most of the first season in the playoff zone, and then losing in the playoff final, and despite spending most of this season in the playoff zone, we are averaging only 308 people at our home games.

As a result of this we are losing money hand over fist and it seems inevitable that I will either get sacked or just not have my contract renewed.

When the bonuses are paid out at the end of this season, (if I am still here), I expect it to be the final straw.

I'm patched now and have just beaten one of my rivals 3-0 and my TM tactic seemed far more effective. Having said that, I have only lose twice in 21 games and one of those was on spot-kicks.

So despite doing what I would consider "really well", I'm not really encouraged to spend too much time on this save because I've looked at the patch contents list and the attendance bug isn't in it.

I guess I will just muddle along helping them find more bugs, but at the moment this challenge seems an unrealistic goal with the way the game is set up at the moment.

Archived