dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

King's Lynn 09-10 Blue Square Premier

Originally posted by butts:

Well it was a good season really considering it was first in the BSP but our final position was a little disappointing after the season we had had. A poor run allowed us to slip down the table a bit still far above board expectations but not where we deserved to finish.

League Table

Positions Graph

Transfers

It's approaching the end of our first season in League Two, and the board are worried they might lose me, and hope that I want to stay. This is all after I've TWICE pledged that I will stay at the club next season, because we've won promotion to League One \o/ a fantastic achievement. Just hoping that the board stop being silly and give me a new contract, apparently they're waiting till the season is up, which is after the next game with Wrexham.

And strangely enough, they're dissapointed with our 1-1 draw last month with Cheltenham, but not that I lost 2-0 to Darlington who were just outside the relegation zone! Crazy.

Originally posted by wisla_krakow:

It's approaching the end of our first season in League Two, and the board are worried they might lose me, and hope that I want to stay. This is all after I've TWICE pledged that I will stay at the club next season, because we've won promotion to League One \o/ a fantastic achievement. Just hoping that the board stop being silly and give me a new contract, apparently they're waiting till the season is up, which is after the next game with Wrexham.

And strangely enough, they're dissapointed with our 1-1 draw last month with Cheltenham, but not that I lost 2-0 to Darlington who were just outside the relegation zone! Crazy.

They've said that to me twice. You should get a contract offer when the season is completely up icon_smile.gif Not sure why they don't do it earlier but...meh

Chippenham Town Season 28/29 Update

this is going to be short and sweet simply because there is nothing to shout about icon_frown.gif

finnished in what is becoming familiar territory once again 17th in the league avoiding the drop by the skin of my teeth.

so here i am off to the start of another premiership season in the vain hope of making it into europe by one of the various avenues open to me.

Originally posted by wisla_krakow:

Strange, in League Two I've been offered Nani by Man Utd for £1.1m icon_confused.gif.

Fairly sure that must be a bug, unless they're that desperate to sell him!

Nani is rubbish in FM, in my game he's just about to be transferred for £1m having gone out on loan previously, and barely played 30 games.

In other words, probably not a bug icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Peljam:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wisla_krakow:

They've said that to me twice. You should get a contract offer when the season is completely up icon_smile.gif Not sure why they don't do it earlier but...meh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I requested a new deal and they did the whole "afraid they might lose boss" news piece again, but I've now signed a new 3 year deal so all is good.

Only one signing so far this summer, Rui Fonte on a free from Wigan. Finding less and less good players for low value every season icon_frown.gif.

Originally posted by snooty_jim:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xx2olegendxx:

6 Signed

Bowman

I hope you have more luck with him than I did... released him after three years without him making more than 5 appearances!

He probably needed more first team opportunities than I was willing to give him, no doubt some loans would've helped </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No he can rot in the reserves....... not gonna make it here.

Originally posted by Aario:

Play off final

Result icon_cool.gif

Back up keeper to the rescue again icon_smile.gif

Will post a full update tomorrow morning - have to put the game down now!!

Congrats Aario, you'll be amazed at how many more players will want to sign for you after the 20th June..lol

Make sure you give that back-up keeper a new contract, he's well and truly earned it. icon_biggrin.gif

Tiverton Town - BSP 09/10 Mid season review

Another busy pre season for Boy Keane saw 30 players signed. The vast majority to bulk up the youth and reserve squads.

The first team was also strenghened slightly. The pick of the new faces being

Routledge, Hotchkiss and Rose all signed on free transfers. The Mason brothers were again brought back in on loan to lead the strike force but injury has meant the pair have yet to start many games together so far. Some promissing youngsters into the mix as well. Given a transfer kitty of £420K mainly due to last seasons excellent cup run Boy Keane's only cash signing was Razzaq signed from Gateshead for £30K.

An additional £40K was spent on signing Coventry's James Morgan (£35K) as assistant manager and Altrincham's Sean Riley (£4K) as physio in addition to 4 new coachs and a fitness coach.

High hopes for the new season then but Boy Keane made his first error early on. Selecting "grey" teams for pre season friendlys saw Tivvy beaten 4-0 5-0 7-0 and 4-2 to Bangor, Rhyl, Newtown and Billericy respectively.

The league campaign didn't start much better either and it was clear early on Tivvy were set to struggle as all the new faces settled in. Just 2 wins in the first 9 games and things were starting to look bleak. Looking much stronger each game though it wasn't long before Tivvy started to climb and they head into the new year in 10th place 9 points of the playoff places.

It is looking possible Tivvy could sneak into the top 5 before the season closes. What is clear though is promotion now would be too soon. Tivvy will be looking to the Setanta shield as the target for the season and should the unlikely happen and they reach a playoff final the youth team will be sent out to get beat.

Well I have Hotchkiss in my team and he has become my best midfielder even topping Tavernier my Newcastle Loan. I must say this season I am struggling to score following the step-up so I am looking at the possibility of promoting my Cayman Islands filled Youth Squad and seeing if they can do anything. Oh well it may be my mid season signing frenzy that has hurt me, but I was making no challenge before that have managed to claw back from 23rd to 18th, so hoping I can improve from here. On a 5 games without a loss since I got a couple of signings in. though 1-0 1-0 0-0 0-0 0-0 is not really the way to move up the table.

FINALLY!!!!

Chippenham are the 2030/2031 Premiership champions.

Me winning the premiership was like waiting for a bus, Previously all I had won was the UEFA cup (quite an achievement in itself!) and suddenly all in 1 season I won:

F.A Cup

Carling Cup

Community Shield

Premiership

2030/2031 Premiership table, note Chelsea!

The Boys that done me proud!

I still can't win the Champions League though, for the last 2 years I have gone out against Porto who have gone on to be winners and runners-up in those 2 seasons. icon_confused.gif

Chippenhams stadium is now a healthy 46137 all seater with undersoil heating.

I just want to add that I'm going to continue this challenge until I win the Champions League! icon14.gif

Originally posted by Des Tiny:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Hotchkiss

Well I have Hotchkiss in my team and he has become my best midfielder even topping Tavernier my Newcastle Loan. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Has been more of a super sub for me so far..... scored quite a few late winners in a short time.

After wanting to settle with the current squad until the start of next season, Boy Kean could not resist dipping into the transfer kitty once more. After watching his Tivvy team held 0-0 at home to Kettering thanks to a heroic performance from lightning fast Kettering CB Ronnie Rowe, Boy Keane went back on his word and signed the young star for £50K hours before the January window closed.

Just 4 days later Rowe was set to make his debut against none other than his former employer Kettering again. Boy Keane had no hesitation in throwing the young lad straight into the starting line up.

Ronnie Rowe's debut.

Originally posted by xx2olegendxx:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by freelinet:

FINALLY!!!!

Congratulations!!

Such a shame to see the mighty Chelsea relegated too icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Being a chelsea fan myself it was quite heartbreaking for me as it was my victory against them with 5 games left that consigned them to relegation icon_frown.gif. I realise that the season is 38 games long but I still feel partially to blame.

Originally posted by freelinet:

FINALLY!!!!

Me winning the premiership was like waiting for a bus, Previously all I had won was the UEFA cup (quite an achievement in itself!) and suddenly all in 1 season I won:

F.A Cup

Carling Cup

Community Shield

Premiership

I still can't win the Champions League though, for the last 2 years I have gone out against Porto who have gone on to be winners and runners-up in those 2 seasons. icon_confused.gif

I just want to add that I'm going to continue this challenge until I win the Champions League! icon14.gif

Congrats on such a great year. I'm sure you'll dominate Europe next year and complete the challenge icon14.gif

Originally posted by ejthegreat:

First serious bid for one of my players. As the box shows he's invaluable to me.

Chairmain hasn't accepted thankfully, I think he's fairly ambitious

Hall Bid

Put on reject all offers and one came in for £350k and I probably would've accepted...oh well

Here's Hall's profile:

Hall

Main scout (through coach report) says he's a good championship level player icon_biggrin.gif

Also, this pre-season, I've signed my first player for a decent amount (£50k)

Simak

Simak Scout Report

Scout found him and another player, Svec, at the U-20 World Cup.

Svec

However, Svec looks like he might be just out of reach financially unless I sell some players.

Aario - Halesowen Town - Season 3 (2010-2011) - BSP - End of Season Update

As you may have seen above (and towards the bottom of page 79) the season ended very, very well for Halesowen with promotion achived via the playoffs and sucess at Wembley in the FA Trophy Final icon_cool.gif

After finding things hard in the first half of last season we built on the new tactics adopted in the second half last season and bought in a number of players designed to play to these tactics. Whilst we were never in the hunt for the title we were always in the top half and ended up grabing the final playoff position with a final day win at The Grove over rivals Rochdale. I forgot to take screen shots last night so here is the table taken in preseason for season 4 - because of this the graph function does not work but I can tell you we were in 5th with 2 games to go then lost away to already relegated Worksop in the penultimate game meaning we had to beat Rochdale to climb back up into 5th in the final game. Sailsbury also won their final game but were 1 point worse off than us.

Here is the squad that did so well for me - when not playing in the first team most would have been in the reserves but they were all promoted to the first team for this screen shot. I also had a right back named Simon Madden on lone from my parent club Port Vale for 3 months and he played 9 games with a rating of just over 7.

My two stand out players were Jeffers who I signed preseason after he was released Coventry and John Irving who was signed preseason last season after being released by Everton. When initially signed he was worth a lot(!) and had good physical stats but was a bit lacking elsewhere and spent the season at right back. However, at the begining of this season he had improved enough to spend the season at centre half and was very, very good all season. Here is what he looked like at the end of the season. I have him on a long term contract but have had to turn down numerous bids for him (which always makes him unhappy but never for long and it doesn't seem to affect his form). Not sure how long I will be able to keep him and what to do if he asks to leave (which he hasn't yet) as my normal policy is to dump trouble makers in the reserves and sell them as quickly as possible.

I had two players say they wanted to move on as they didn't think they could win things at Halesowen last season and got shot of both as soon as possible - one went to Droylsden who finished 18th in BSN(!) and another went to Forest Green who finished 12th in the BSP and got nowhere in any of the cups (he was also voted as the worst signing of the season!) whilst we ofcourse won one cup and promotion - good choices lads!

Finally, here is my profile at the start of season 4 - noce to have the financial control above 10 now icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aario:

Play off final

Result icon_cool.gif

Back up keeper to the rescue again icon_smile.gif

Will post a full update tomorrow morning - have to put the game down now!!

Congrats Aario, you'll be amazed at how many more players will want to sign for you after the 20th June..lol

Make sure you give that back-up keeper a new contract, he's well and truly earned it. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks mate icon14.gif

To be honest both my keepers are very similar - I gave them a half each in all of my preseason games and decided on number 1 and number 2 based on one very bad error by Winterton in one preseason game (sounds harsh but as I say they are very evenly matched). Winterton played great for the reserves all season (finished 3rd in the league with lowest goals against and best goal difference) so I was not exactly worried about him playing when he had to

anyone else notice since the new patch a ridiculous amount of penalty awards? just had 3 against me in the last game i played and one in each of the games before that.

just checking if it is some kind of bug or just my tactics

Originally posted by jsar:

anyone else notice since the new patch a ridiculous amount of penalty awards? just had 3 against me in the last game i played and one in each of the games before that.

yeah. I've noticed a lot of penalties against me.

AFC Wimbledon 11/12 League Two

With Crystal Palace not having any good reserves/U-18's, I decided to ditch them as parent club and ask board for new one.

Board came back with 3 options:

Crystal Palace (lol)

QPR

Arsenal

Considered QPR given closer locality (just) and more chance of getting players but went for Arsenal.

They sent me 4 players on loan for the season, all of whom are good enough for first 11 icon_biggrin.gificon_eek.gif

I feel guilty, but I'm not complaining.

They sent me 4 players on loan for the season, all of whom are good enough for first 11 icon_biggrin.gificon_eek.gif

I feel guilty, but I'm not complaining.

I believe that when a parent club send you a player on loan he can't play in the FA or League Cups.

So make sure you've got players who can step into the starting 11 as cover.

Originally posted by freelinet:

FINALLY!!!!

F.A Cup

Carling Cup

Community Shield

Premiership

Woah, congratulations!

Originally posted by MikaelS:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jsar:

yeah. I've noticed a lot of penalties against me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It has been driving me nuts at times, my defenders just seem to bring down players in the box for absolutely no reason. On more than one occasion the ball has been almost out of play for a throw when the foul is committed, it's really irritating

AFC Wimbledon - Season 1 - 08/09

As posted earlier, we had a really good first season, this was my first ever go at English LLM on any version of CM or FM and I really enjoyed it. I just shipped in a ton of players that my Ass Man said were good or decent and hoped for the best really! to be honest it was the players on loan from Palace that kept us in the promotion hunt. We ended up 4th and snatched promotion via the playoffs.

League Table

Playoff Glory

Transfers in/out

Just about to start season 2 now.

As I was writing this, I read a previous post where someone cancelled the link with Palace and got Arsenal. I just gave it a whirl and landed Spurs icon_smile.gif hoping for some quality loan signings landing.

Originally posted by José Pandinho:

AFC Wimbledon - Season 1 - 08/09

As posted earlier, we had a really good first season, this was my first ever go at English LLM on any version of CM or FM and I really enjoyed it. I just shipped in a ton of players that my Ass Man said were good or decent and hoped for the best really! to be honest it was the players on loan from Palace that kept us in the promotion hunt. We ended up 4th and snatched promotion via the playoffs.

League Table

Playoff Glory

Transfers in/out

Just about to start season 2 now.

As I was writing this, I read a previous post where someone cancelled the link with Palace and got Arsenal. I just gave it a whirl and landed Spurs icon_smile.gif hoping for some quality loan signings landing.

congrats and welcome to Blue Square Premier icon_smile.gif

Well after reading 41 pages yesterday and holidaying it through from 12:30 - 1:45 i decided to start as Billericay, the Ricay are a close team to me and have a hell of a lot of rivalries icon_biggrin.gif. So i was happy with my team, Kyle Wilson (Super Kyleicon_biggrin.gif) although Kris Renton and Gatting were ahead of him in the pecking order, with Jody Banim providing cover. icon14.gifA mixed range of results up to October saw me sitting 11th with 25 pts. icon14.gif Then i went downstairs to have dinner, what should happen? Power Cut!!!!. So i downloaded the game with Hendon from the website. Power Cut Again. So i thought screw that and went to bed. icon13.gificon13.gificon13.gif

I came home from School and decided to start as Hendon, i believe Dafuge is managing them, if so good luck icon_wink.gif. Another club local-ish to me. So i put in adverts for Assistant managers, youth coaches, physios and scouts alike and waitied for them to come back and sign, which lots of promising ones did (On my Billericay game before the power cut i got Luther Blissett to come icon_biggrin.gif).

After divulging over the staff i started recruiting players, left, right and center. icon_biggrin.gif Probably my most shrewd buys were of Michael Rae and Carl Gibbs, both strikers who are 20 or under and have 15 for finishing, pace, acceleration, first touch ect icon_cool.gif. I'd also got Tottenham as a parent club so i managed to get Thomas Pekhart and Troy Archibald Henville on loan. So far i've only played two freindlies.

Hendon 3-0 Hendon U18'S

Matt Warner (6)

Junior Brown (21)

Thomas Pekhart (55)

Hendon 1-1 Hendon Res

Junior Brown (46) ~ Jason Devine (71)

My next game is against Droylsden in a friendly and then i'm ready for the season, i've also changed a few of my training schedules, i take it that's okay to do? I also have a few questions whilst reading through this thread.

[b]Questions:[/b]

Qicon_smile.gif With signing players on a trial or being able to scout them, is it okay that we approach to sign them if they are interested in joining and are leaving there club in 3 months?

Qicon_smile.gif Regarding the Islanders , what date do they come as i've been told the 7th October before but only 1 appeared and that was on the 25th January 2009 in Gundo's challenge.

Qicon_smile.gif Finally , with Friendlies is it okay to arrange them against your reserves and U18'S if no-one invites your or vice-versa?

Before i stop typing, eventually icon_biggrin.gif i would also like to say , if i'm allowed that i'm currently helping write a Perfect LLM guide of FM with a core of writers from another site, would people wish to have a link once it's finished. It's a huge piece of work and will take some time, so i hope everyone enjoys there game and good look. icon14.gif

Hitchin Town 2012/13 - 1st Blue Square South

Table

Squad

After last season's relegation i was tempting to start over but i thought i'd give it a go at getting straight back up. fortunately after a tight season with Ebbsfleet i managed to do just that. although it went to the very last day. i managed to beat them at home in the 3rd from last game to make it almost certain, but then nerves got the better of the team and we drew our next match. a winner in the last 10 minutes, after being 3-2 down at half time, secured 1st place. i'm glad i carried on.

i managed to raid the parent club watford for some players, including byron gayle who i had on loan last season, as well as 2 central defenders that were desperately needed. a goalie was also signed on loan in attempt to stop conceding. i also changed back to 4-4-2. this resulted in lots of goals, regularly scoring 4 or more a game. hopefully next season i'll be able to get some of the players back on loan and make a good go of it in the blue square premier

some of my better players: -

Fitzharris

Foster

Gayle

Home-Jackson

Morrison

BSN 08/09 SEASON

I havnt got long to write this. Just finished 1st season with Marine and glad to say we won the league with 1 game to go! Downpoint of the season was losing 8-2 away to Bradford but apart from that i am very pleased. Next season is where the readavishd3.th.jpgl work starts!!

claytonqg4.th.jpg

Didnt set that out very well but ive had a hard day at wotk lol and im v tired

League Table

Position Graph

Star Players

positiongraphvf5.th.jpg]Position Graph[/url]leaguetablets4.th.jpg]League Table[/url]

faceyex2.th.jpg

AFC Wimbledon - 09/10 - Season 2

Not the best season, although I still think we did well, i'm getting used to LLM now and identifying good players. Spurs shipped down a load of quality players including my goal-a-game striker Simon Dawkins.

Anyway we managed to finish 12th, im currently halfway through my 3rd season whilst writing this and we're making a promotion push after losing alot of dead wood and brining in new youngsters. Here are some screenshots.

League

ProgressSquadTransfers

Matthew Smith - Tiverton Town - 2013/2014

Wembley was packed. 89 992 fans filling the 90 000 capacity and making the noise of their lives. Tiverton Town against Wigan Athletic, an unlikely play off final. Wigan had lead the Championship for the majority of the season and Tivvy had languished nearer mid table. But a turn in the fortunes of both clubs lead to Tivertons amazing 21 game unbeaten run which ended with them sneaking into the playoffs through the back door. Cue today, the biggest game in Tivertons short football league history. And the boys in yellow didn't disappoint, defending solidly and counter attacking on each possible occassion as they have done all season. 36 minutes had gone and it was still 0-0. A throw in on the half way line was taken by long serving captain Obeng to Sarki. He played a long ball over to Joe Mason who controlled the ball, turned and ran at the Wigan back four. GOAL!!

We won!icon_biggrin.gif 1-0 and Tiverton Town are now a Premiership side. After last seasons slog finishing 17th, we geared up for another one of the same after a lack of dealings in the transfer market. And half way into the season, it seemed the same as before. Not long until the fitness starts to drop and we go on 8 and 9 game runs without a win. In fact, we did the opposite and went on a 21 game unbeaten run which eventually lead to the play off final.

The cups were the usual disappointing early round knock outs, but the board didn't seem to really care.

Star man, for the hundredth season in a row it feels like was Ashley Barnes. 42 goals, can't complain about his input into our historic promotion.

Wish me luck in the Premiership, ill need it

Dafuge, you may notice on the dafugeschallenge website it says i have been playing for 1 minute and have now been promoted to the Premiership. Incase you think its odd its because i updated and it said i had been promoted form the Premier League and had no current league. Therefore i ended that game and restarted it, making all the new updates within 1 minute.

Thanks

Tiverton Town - 09/10 BSP Season review

As mentioned in my mid season review, Tivvy were happy to settle for a top half finish. It would have meant us facing a real struggle in League 2 next year with such a young squad lacking experiance.

That was exactly what we got. Home form was pleasing and comparable with the best in the division, mainly down to manager Boy Keanes decision to make the Ladymead pitch maximum size (117M x 70M) to utalise the speed and counter attacking style of the team. Away form however was that of a team fighting relegation rather that one making a serious challenge, certainly the main area that needs to be improved for the start of the new season.

Table

Graph

Cup competions were again less pleasing also. Beaten in the FA cup 2nd round at home to Hartlepool, the FA Trophy 1st round away to Hinckley and in the Setanta Shield Semi-final away to eventual winners Hereford (something concerning about teams starting in H).

Along with a few loan signings Hotchkiss was the stand out player for the season but in general I was happy with the contribution from all my first team squad. Have a good feeling there are young players in there who can mature into something special.

The main aim heading into the new season was to try to bring in a better quality of players from higher levels. With the finances looking so healthy (900K) manager Boy Keane decided to give his entire transfer budget (350K) to add to the wage budget. Then deciding to ignore his Ass man's advice and with almost an extra 10K to spend on wages (12K budget) off he went to look for players released by premiership clubs. It seemed Boy Keane was chasing players well out of his league early on but some very generous offers saw some quality brought in. A total of 16 in all 8 rated as league 1 class already by Ass man James Morgan and another 4 as League 2.

Pick of new faces

Henry Atu

Oliver Gill

James Mcarten

Garry Woods

Michael Stewart

Make or break time then this year for Boy Keane's Squad with the wage bill and the quality of players only a league win and some good cup form will keep everybody at the club happy.

Originally posted by xx2olegendxx:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Des Tiny:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Hotchkiss

Well I have Hotchkiss in my team and he has become my best midfielder even topping Tavernier my Newcastle Loan. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Has been more of a super sub for me so far..... scored quite a few late winners in a short time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

With all my new signings I wasnt sure how much Kizzy would be used this season. Was our player of the season last year though so i showed faith in him. Seems being surrounded by better players really is bringing the best out of him, the kid is on fire and so is the whole team in general. Winning every one of our opening 9 games he has ran the midfield, with 10 goals and 4 assists in 8 starts. Time for a 5 year deal I think.

Originally posted by José Pandinho:

Just a quick update!

Managed to get my AFC Wimbledon side promoted to the BSP at the first attempt. A 4th placed finish followed up by a 3-1 playoff final win is what got us there.

Enjoying this icon_smile.gif

Congratulations to win promotion in your first season, I bet the board and the fans are already worshiping you, the personal statue outside the ground may be just around the corner icon_biggrin.gif

Archived