dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by ejthegreat:

And now I'm about to lose my captain icon_frown.gif

Offered low bonuses (still £180k..grrr) for league. It's all I can afford and now my captain, just before the season starts, wants to move to a bigger club. icon_redface.gif

That happened with a keeper a few seasons ago. He even asked to go onto the transfer list and even though at the time I didn't want him to go I accepted to try to keep him happy.

He asked to come off the transfer list a few months later when we were top of the league.

Offered low bonuses (still £180k..grrr) for league. It's all I can afford and now my captain, just before the season starts, wants to move to a bigger club. icon_redface.gif

As an extra to this, because of the low bonus level my captain and 5 of my other players all have very poor morale and I can't seem to do anything to bring them out of it. Our last couple of friendlies were 7-0 and 9-0 (normally morale boosters) and nothing. Nor do they seem to respond to manager interaction.

If anyone can give some hints as to what i should do that would be great. icon_confused.gif

I suspect that you won't easily be able to improve their morale through normal means.

Perhaps offering them improved contracts (if they sign them) might work.

But I'd expect them to reject contracts out of hand. You might have to sell them for as much money as possible and then try to build enough of a squad to keep you in the league.

Season 2016/17 Review - Prescot Cables in The Championship

After just missing out on the playoffs last season, I was hopeful of making it this time.

League Table

League Positions Graph

Had a great season, often pushing the top two for the automatic spots. I should have finished 3rd but in my final game against Chesterfield I had two players sent off and then gave away a penalty in the 94th minute. It was a shame for me, but it actually saved them from relegation and relegated Burnley.

Squad

Transfers

Had to sell a few players to keep myself afloat, which was a shame, but I managed to keep the backbone of my team together.

Star Player

It's him, yet again. He signed a new contract which was great news, hopefully I can keep him here for his whole career.

I'm facing Bolton in the playoff semi, which I'm not looking forward to since the two players who got sent off were my only two right wingers, Bolton are also one of the form teams in the league.

Originally posted by spankie:

I suspect that you won't easily be able to improve their morale through normal means.

Perhaps offering them improved contracts (if they sign them) might work.

But I'd expect them to reject contracts out of hand. You might have to sell them for as much money as possible and then try to build enough of a squad to keep you in the league.

They happily took the extra money, didn't improve morale though...oh well, might just leave them out of the side and rest of team is happy and then introduce them 1 at a time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ejthegreat:

As an extra to this, because of the low bonus level my captain and 5 of my other players all have very poor morale and I can't seem to do anything to bring them out of it. Our last couple of friendlies were 7-0 and 9-0 (normally morale boosters) and nothing. Nor do they seem to respond to manager interaction.

If anyone can give some hints as to what i should do that would be great. icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did the same mistake - offered low bonus because I didnt think I would promote, so almost all players struggled with morale all through the season. I didnt manage to find a cure for it icon_frown.gif

I didn't receive any gate receipts from the final, is there some kind of rule about them going to the losing team?

Should be interesting, I am £200k in debt, my original stadium of 4400, yet to spend any money on players and I'm about to enter the Premier League.

Originally posted by MikaelS:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ejthegreat:

If anyone can give some hints as to what i should do that would be great. icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did the same mistake - offered low bonus because I didnt think I would promote, so almost all players struggled with morale all through the season. I didnt manage to find a cure for it icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really what I wanted to hear, oh well, I've decided to put them into the reserves and just hope I've got the depth to manage. Given the board and fans higher expectations this year, there's a real chance I could get sacked at some point if I don't find a solution

Originally posted by kaNovi:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

Council have blocked planning permission for the expansion to the stadium icon_biggrin.gif

Can you enter the Premier League with a stadium that only holds 4400?

lol thats just ridicouless! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You might get resituated for the season? I was moved to Exeter's stadium when i got promoted to the Championship. The board are now expanding Ladysmead

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MikaelS:

I did the same mistake - offered low bonus because I didnt think I would promote, so almost all players struggled with morale all through the season. I didnt manage to find a cure for it icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really what I wanted to hear, oh well, I've decided to put them into the reserves and just hope I've got the depth to manage. Given the board and fans higher expectations this year, there's a real chance I could get sacked at some point if I don't find a solution </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ended up sending 7 players back to reserves, including 1 loanee. So far 2 wins and a draw. Morale is still "rock bottom" and i'm down to a squad of 18 (16 during international days) but keeping head above water

Originally posted by Tom =):

just started my second season, and after 5 games and 5 losses im starting to think i may be getting the sack soon. any tips?

win some? ;-)

You could try changing or altering your tactics a bit.

Originally posted by matty_8:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kaNovi:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

Council have blocked planning permission for the expansion to the stadium icon_biggrin.gif

You might get resituated for the season? I was moved to Exeter's stadium when i got promoted to the Championship. The board are now expanding Ladysmead </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've had no such luck, there was no expansion and I'm now playing in the Premier League with my tiny stadium.

I'd be quite surprised if they didn't build a new stadium at the start of next season provided I avoid relegation.

Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nailer123:

Well here we go, I am the new manager of Ilkeston Town.

http://img183.imageshack.us/my.php?image=profileyu5.jpg

Do I have to sign myself up to the website as well?

You don't have to, but most people have. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm in the process of doing it now. Looking forward to the challenge, didn't do to well last time.

Originally posted by Nailer123:

I was wondering if anybody could answer a questions please.

Are there any limits on signing players, like are you only allowed to do it through the player search or can you look around clubs reserve teams?

You are allowed to sign anyone you can scout. And the other way is to get them in on trial and thats ok too. For proof generally getting a scout report on the player is enough. Otherwise the best way to do it is show a screen showing them on trial. Either is acceptable. There are no worries for english players it is just overseas players you have worries with.

Witton Albion - League 1 - 13/14 - Rodrigo De La Vega

First season in L1 and I was expecting it to be a hard slog. We started picking up points here and there but not in a very consistant way. Mid way through things started to pick up and the team started to hit some sort of stride. With one game to go we were in a playoff spot but we lost it in the last game.

Table

Graph

Glad that we missed out on the play offs in a way. We aren't ready for the Championship, in term of players and money. The team needs another season to gel together properly and next season all the gate reciepts from the new stadium should wipe out the half mil of debt. 65k of loan payments a month soon added up.

Anyways, the best players on the season are a toss up between Anson and on loan Eccleston.

And I managed to pick up this guy who hopefully should either become quite the player or bring some cash in.

So the plan for next season, I need to get a couple of decent players on loan to improve the depth in the team.

I didn't receive any gate receipts from the final, is there some kind of rule about them going to the losing team?

Should be interesting, I am £200k in debt, my original stadium of 4400, yet to spend any money on players and I'm about to enter the Premier League.

Yes, the losing team in the CCC playoff receives all the gate money as the winning team gets the 15m or so TV money from the Premiership. It is supposed to soften the blow so to speak

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by matty_8:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kaNovi:

You might get resituated for the season? I was moved to Exeter's stadium when i got promoted to the Championship. The board are now expanding Ladysmead </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've had no such luck, there was no expansion and I'm now playing in the Premier League with my tiny stadium.

I'd be quite surprised if they didn't build a new stadium at the start of next season provided I avoid relegation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even if you do get relegated, surely you'd get a healthy cash boost from the Premiership TV rights, and a nice parachute payment as well. You'd think that it would give you the chance to pay for a half decent stadium, assuming all the cash doesn't go on wages?

Chelseadaft Tiverton Town BS South 08/09

PROMOTED !!

Yep Ive done it in the first season, just missed out on the title but won the Playoff Final . A major help for me this season was the fact that i had Plymouth as a Parent club, here is my Squad , and also details of my Transfers this season.

Two players from Plymouth stood out they were Barnes and Moult they really were class for me in the first season.

Really pleased as just kept the instructions simple and let the pace in the side do the rest.

Well pleased! A few more screenies for you:

Table

Finances

Roll on season 2!

Currently in League One - December 3rd 2011 - sitting in 2nd position.. further updates will follow!

well here is my update!!

got promoted from League one! icon_smile.gif

finished 2nd position - just!

steven thompson once again my top player!

have managed to go from Blue Sqaure south - to championship in back 2 back seasons now! this season hopeing to establish myself as a Championship club and then next season really push - but if i could sneek into the play-offs you can never tell!

Just hope my goalkeeper stops taking centre for me?? its really annoying!! icon_confused.gif

I though I'd update you on my pre-season progress and then it'll be the yearly one unless you want more.

Results:

Not The Best!

Signings:

Uno

Dos

Not making any more signings. Well I don't think so. Hussein is on his way to Shrewsbury I think. I'm selling him for 2k after I signed him for free. Tidy profit. icon_biggrin.gif

Well Cya Til' The End Of The Season!

Archived