dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Scoham:

Was just asked to set my squad bonuses, for the league I had a choice between £1k, £2k and £3k icon_biggrin.gif

I'm guessing they can't get any lower than that?

no matter what, be sure to select normal bonuses. Everything will give you a challenge on your hands.

Im in a bit of a dilemma, help me out!

On one side, i want to stay in boreham wood, and watch all the talented players who have been promoted from my acadamy. i want to make my whole team out of my young players.

I also want to make the next "danny roberts".

But on the other hand, im really tempted to start again in a minor club.. say i resign at the end of the season and pick up one of the promoted clubs to lead them all the way up again..

i dont really know what to do icon_smile.gif

icon_confused.gif

well, i dont think its pointless, i enjoy the lower leagues in england, and maybee the next club would actually make me a favorit personal icon_mad.gif

ill might try another challenge later on, but for now i just cant get a game going (ive tried the evertonbloke challenge)

last year i also did the gundo challenge, but i dont think it would ever give me as much enjoyment as this one.

And another downside is im not happy with the grey issue, and i think its much more annoying in that challenge..

For now i want to keep going with my game, because i also enjoy playing the same game along time.

Dont know if that made sense, its a long time since i had english in school icon_wink.gif

Kanovi, i would say you go to either a new club in the Blue Square (do whole challenge again) or go to a club who has gone the opposite way of you. A Premiership club or Championship one that has been relegated a few times and now is in lower leagues

Heh, now with just 4 shots on target I've stuffed League One Doncaster 4-0 in the FA Cup 2nd Round icon_cool.gif.

Hopefully a strong away draw in the cup would be good to push our finances over the £1m mark again.

Also noticing that our attendances are near to maxing out now, and the board are considering expanding it in the summer, aswell as training ground improvements icon14.gif just know I'll get the familiar "council block planning permission" around mid-June.

Originally posted by wisla_krakow:

Heh, now with just 4 shots on target I've stuffed League One Doncaster 4-0 in the FA Cup 2nd Round icon_cool.gif.

Hopefully a strong away draw in the cup would be good to push our finances over the £1m mark again.

Also noticing that our attendances are near to maxing out now, and the board are considering expanding it in the summer, aswell as training ground improvements icon14.gif just know I'll get the familiar "council block planning permission" around mid-June.

A great cup draw, against a team with a 50k+ seater stadium

Originally posted by MikaelS:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scoham:

Was just asked to set my squad bonuses, for the league I had a choice between £1k, £2k and £3k icon_biggrin.gif

I'm guessing they can't get any lower than that?

no matter what, be sure to select normal bonuses. Everything will give you a challenge on your hands. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whys that?

I tend to set my league bonus to high and cup to normal. Works well for me. Some players comment on the added incentive the bonus gives them. They're the ambitous ones though

Just been 2 minutes from sorting out my finances with Chelmsford in the CCC.

Home to Sunderland (Premiership) and 1 up at half time. They scored early on in the second half. We went down to ten men on 60 mins yet held on for another 28 minutes until they scored a twenty yard free kick on 88 minutes to go through to the 5th round.

Would have been 50k at the SoL and predicted gate receipts for me of over half a million.

Is there any consolation? The game was live on TV and generated 226k to keep the debt collectors at bay for another month.

CatfishJack - Chelmsford City - 13/14 League One - Season Review

After we came up through the play-offs last year, this season looked set to be a struggle. And from January onwards, it was. Luckily we'd got enough points behind us in the first half of the year, so when we decided to stop bothering the play-off contenders the defence stopped communicating, the strikers couldn't hit a barn-door (or just hit the keeper, repeatedly), and the goal-keeper wore teflon gloves we had enough in hand to keep us up. A brief revival over the last few games placed us 12th in the final table.

Progress

Transfers A couple of conference standard players left, a promising left-winger and and centre-back joined before the season started. Some of the squad are starting to look unsettled, or are not shaping up to league one football too well, so there'll be changes over the summer of '14.

Lewis Smith had less consistent form, but still hit 30 goals in 37 appearances, and club captain Scott Wagstaff added another 20, with a similar number of assists. Both are attracting attention.

Finances are good, thanks to decent cup draws (again), and a run in the JP Trophy, where after defeating L1 champions QPR in the southern final, L2 Blackpool put their team bus in front of the goal and held us 0-0 before besting us on penalties.

Final Position - 12th in League One.

Awards - nothing except the usual monthly stuff, although we now hold the record for highest scoring league one game! We lost!

After 10 league games we're 13th, lost the first three games but then changed to a 4-4-1-1 formation, made a few tweaks and we're doing alright.

Got a young team, a lot of 19 year olds, but they're decent players for this level so it doesn't seem to be a problem at the moment.

Just the challenge I have been looking for.

Meet the new manager of Tiverton Town Boy Keane

In addition to the rules set out in the challenge I will be adding more of my own to make it that little bit harder.

1. All players and staff for my club MUST be british, or have (not be considering) british citezenship.

2. No players shall play for my team born within a 10 mile radius of Liverpool.

3. No players can be signed who have played for a team within a 10 mile radius of liverpool.

After a hectic summer which saw over 100 players offered trials with Tiverton Town, the final squad has been decided.

With an average age of 18 and with the players brought in on loan I have a team capable of taking the Tivvy on the first few steps towards the football league proper. Hopefully a few players in there capable of making it at higher levels.

Some free flowing attacking football saw Tivvy score 19 goals in 6 pre season games, the only downside being the 16 conceded.

Media prediction 20th

Boy Keane's prediction 1st

Season 2018/19 Review - Prescot Cables in the Premier League

After my mid table finish last season, I was just happy to try and stay in the league again.

League Table

League Positions Graph

Had a great season and surprisingly managed to qualify for European competition. If I can avoid the odd couple of runs of defeats I think I could push towards the Champions League spots.

Squad

Transfers

Still relying on a lot of players I bought while in the lower leagues which is nice, but I think I'm going to have to strengthen the squad to attempt to qualify for the Champions League. Managed to get rid of another Brazilian without a work permit for a decent fee which was good, I've also got a few youngsters set to join in July.

Star Player

Back again. Signed as an unattached free transfer while I was in the BSP, he has gone on to score 249 goals in 348 league games. Arsenal and Juventus are after him, but he's happily signing new contracts so I have no plans to sell him.

Star Player

Back again. Signed as an unattached free transfer while I was in the BSP, he has gone on to score 249 goals in 348 league games. Arsenal and Juventus are after him, but he's happily signing new contracts so I have no plans to sell him.

Unbelievable tbh.

Star Player

He must've only been 16-17 when you signed him. Was he originally with a club or not and how did you manage to find him? (Scouts or checking player search and then getting scout reports or other?)

Also, congrats on getting into some european competition and am I just a really slow player or are you fast? It seems to take me about 2 days of actual playing time per season.

Originally posted by ejthegreat:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ejthegreat:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MikaelS:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ejthegreat:

And now I'm about to lose my captain icon_frown.gif

Offered low bonuses (still £180k..grrr) for league. It's all I can afford and now my captain, just before the season starts, wants to move to a bigger club. icon_redface.gif

As an extra to this, because of the low bonus level my captain and 5 of my other players all have very poor morale and I can't seem to do anything to bring them out of it. Our last couple of friendlies were 7-0 and 9-0 (normally morale boosters) and nothing. Nor do they seem to respond to manager interaction.

If anyone can give some hints as to what i should do that would be great. icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did the same mistake - offered low bonus because I didnt think I would promote, so almost all players struggled with morale all through the season. I didnt manage to find a cure for it icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really what I wanted to hear, oh well, I've decided to put them into the reserves and just hope I've got the depth to manage. Given the board and fans higher expectations this year, there's a real chance I could get sacked at some point if I don't find a solution </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ended up sending 7 players back to reserves, including 1 loanee. So far 2 wins and a draw. Morale is still "rock bottom" and i'm down to a squad of 18 (16 during international days) but keeping head above water </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, just as an update on this, it's late January and all the unhappy players have now had their "PR" for "Disappointed with low collective bonuses" disappear. This was regardless of whether they were in reserves or if i'd moved them back to first team and they'd played on a regular basis.

Originally posted by ejthegreat:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Star Player

He must've only been 16-17 when you signed him. Was he originally with a club or not and how did you manage to find him? (Scouts or checking player search and then getting scout reports or other?)

Also, congrats on getting into some european competition and am I just a really slow player or are you fast? It seems to take me about 2 days of actual playing time per season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He had never been at a club, he appeared on my player search as an unattached 16 year old and I signed him after a trial.

Taylor History

I am flying through the seasons at the moment but I'm back at work on Monday so it'll soon slow right down.

Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Star Player

Also, congrats on getting into some european competition and am I just a really slow player or are you fast? It seems to take me about 2 days of actual playing time per season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He had never been at a club, he appeared on my player search as an unattached 16 year old and I signed him after a trial.

Taylor History

I am flying through the seasons at the moment but I'm back at work on Monday so it'll soon slow right down. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, just an incredible pick up. I thought there were going to be less good kids not at a club in 08 so maybe I need to pay more attention when the new batch come out on 20th June..lol

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

kaNovi. Have you ever released or sold a product of your youth team, who ended up being very good and whom you regretted allowing to leave?

Actually there has been a couple..

im finding it though to see how players will develope..

Usually you could see it about 18-21 age but now it seems that players process slower, so im waiting untill they are 22-23 to release them!

Louis

Dixon

Speed problary the worst.. there are not many good AMC

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xx2olegendxx:

Dafuge?

Is the site down? www.dafugeschallenge.com I have not been able to get it to load to sign up.

Thanks

Seems to be working for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Used a different browser and it worked fine.

One more question while I am at it too.

Is it classed as cheating if you go on holiday for the day if you get a grey team in the cup?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xx2olegendxx:

Dafuge?

Is the site down? www.dafugeschallenge.com I have not been able to get it to load to sign up.

Thanks

Seems to be working for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fine for me too.

Originally posted by xx2olegendxx:

Used a different browser and it worked fine.

One more question while I am at it too.

Is it classed as cheating if you go on holiday for the day if you get a grey team in the cup?

I suppose not, never thought of doing that.

Archived