dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

Cracking challenge icon14.gif I've been meaning to join this for sometime, and have now put a Barca game on hold to focus on the challenge, which is a bit more interesting tbh icon_biggrin.gif

In FM07 I managed to take Blyth Spartans all the way upto the Prem with patch 7.0.1, it took a few seasons to get there, but when we finally made it that game seemed to lose its appeal for some reason...hopefully not this time round as I have experienced how frustrating it can be just to get out of the English Conference / Blue Square Prem for example...

Anyways, I've got 8.0.1 installed, and have followed the topic instructions from the first post, here are some details of the start I've made with Merthyr Tydfil (just finished pre-season 08/09):

Manager Profile

mtmanagerprofileec5.th.jpg

Merthyr Tydfil Squad (after transfers)

mtsquadgp6.th.jpg

Merthyr Tydfil Transfers

mttransfersbp0.th.jpg

Merthyr Tydfil Staff (after transfers)

mtstaffua6.th.jpg

Merthyr Tydfil Tactical Overview

mttacticaloverviewzx1.th.jpg

Merthyr Tydfil Training Overview

mttrainingoverviewsr1.th.jpg

Cheers again icon14.gif

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Seasoned Alcoholic:

Cracking challenge icon14.gif I've been meaning to join this for sometime, and have now put a Barca game on hold to focus on the challenge, which is a bit more interesting tbh icon_biggrin.gif

In FM07 I managed to take Blyth Spartans all the way upto the Prem with patch 7.0.1, it took a few seasons to get there, but when we finally made it that game seemed to lose its appeal for some reason...hopefully not this time round as I have experienced how frustrating it can be just to get out of the English Conference / Blue Square Prem for example...

Anyways, I've got 8.0.1 installed, and have followed the topic instructions from the first post, here are some details of the start I've made with Merthyr Tydfil (just finished pre-season 08/09):

Manager Profile

mtsquadgp6.th.jpg

Merthyr Tydfil Transfers

mttransfersbp0.th.jpg

mtstaffua6.th.jpg

Cheers again icon14.gif

I would look for another left/right winger. I think you will struggle with only 1 for each position. Otherwise good luck icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by dafuge:

I'm losing £400k a month, my small stadium is making it so hard to survive in the Championship with the wage bill. I'm having to sell my star players just to stay afloat.

I'm not that bad off, only losing £80-100k per month and hopefully will be moving to the new stadium at the end of the season.

Unfortunately the bank balance has meant that for the first time my Chairman sold a player over my head. Grendel only joined in the summer for £50k + clauses. So we made a profit, but losing a player with 8 assists and 3 goals in 24 league games is a blow.

Still the board gave me 60% of his fee to buy new players and I got a replacement who accordign to my ass man is better then Grendel. I'm not sure about that as he's not as creative or as good at corners.

I also used some of the money to get players in for the future.

Originally posted by pandemonium:

does anyone have a working link for the first beta patch of wwsm for mac on rapidshare or anywhere else? I cannot find it anywhere. any help is appreciated.

The first beta patch had the stadium expansion issue that ended my Chippenham game, I wouldn't recommend using it for this challenge.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kaNovi:

Im thinking about going back to beta patch 2.. it seemed alot better..

Starting a new game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm i just thought about it.. i started this game with the 8.01. patch, would i be able to play this safe if i delete and install the beta patch no 2 ??

i dont want to start a new game no.. but im thinking about quitting boreham and take over a club from buttom again.. but just thinking.. icon_smile.gif

Des Tiny's Gateshead - 2008/09 - Blue Square North - Season Review

At the midway point of the season I had a record as follows.

Played 21, Won 15, Drawn 3, Lost 3. 43 Goals for, 17 against for 48pts.

I was still in the Setanta Shield and the FA Trophy. So the season update continues from here.

December Cont

FAT at Kidderminster 1-0 HT: 0-0

Hines (85)

BSN at Blyth 2-1 HT: 0-1

Tavernier (61) Hines (78)

SS vs Boston United 1-0 HT: 1-0 Att: 1233

Godsmark (17)

BSN vs Hyde 1-0 HT: 1-0 Att: 1352

Laidler (33)

Into Jan still in the cups I wanted to be in and Still 1st in the League looking good. I also came third in the Manager of the Month...AGAIN!

January

BSN vs Farsley 3-0 HT: 3-0 Att: 1614

Wrightson (15) Laidler (23) Godsmark (25)

FAT vs York 3-3 HT: 1-2 Att: 1306

Wrightson (12) Laidler (51) Henderson (61)

FAT at York 5-4e HT: 2-1 FT: 4-4

Hines (14,29) Pritchard (70) Donaldson (84) Godsmark (112)

BSN vs Kettering 1-1 HT: 1-0 Att: 1611

Tavernier (27)

BSN at Barrow 2-1 HT: 2-0

Wrightson (19) Stevens (42)

BSN at AFC Telford 0-1 HT: 0-0

BSN vs Burscough 3-0 T: 1-0 Att: 1119

Godsmark (16) Butler (69) Tavernier (87)

FAT vs Welling 2-1 HT: 1-0 Att: 184

Hunt (15) Wrightson (82)

Still in the cups and Going along well in the league, though major injury worries at this point in time.

February

SS at Drolysden 1-1 HT: 1-0 FT: 1-1

Hines (22) Lost 5-4 on pens

BSN vs Harrogate 3-1 HT: 0-1 Att: 1170

Godsmark (52,79,82)

BSN at Alfreton 3-0 HT: 2-0

Wrightson (30) Hines (37,59)

BSN at Tamworth 3-1 HT: 3-1

Hines (4,31,33)

FAT vs Salisbury 3-1 HT: 0-1 Att: 176

Hines (46) Tavernier (54) Donaldson (88)

BSN at Workington 1-0 HT: 0-0

Hines (67)

BSN vs Gainsborough 1-0 HT: 1-0 Att: 1457

Godsmark (6)

Well I lost in the Setanta Shield, but it took penalties to knock me out in the Quarter Finals so I was quite happy with that. Still in the FA Trophy and heading into the Semi Final still leading the league and grabbing the Des Tiny They want my Vice-Captain Manager of the Month award for the second time.

March

FAT vs Halifax 1-1 HT: 1-1 Att: 1291

Wilson (10)

BSN at Redditch 0-0 HT: 0-0

FAT at Halifax 0-0 HT: 0-0

Lost on Away goals

BSN vs Kings Lynn 0-0 HT: 0-0 Att: 1362 (Touchline ban)

BSN vs Hucknall 0-0 HT: 0-0 Att: 1271

BSN at Stalybridge 1-1 HT: 1-1

Hines (21)

My worst month on record I had major injuries to about 7 of my starting eleven so I played some ugly football just to try and stay in the title hunt and finished the month down by 4 points and with 5 games remaining the hunt was on. Also knocked out of the FA Trophy without losing, a loss on away goals.

April & May

BSN vs Hednesford 2-0 HT: 1-0 Att: 1304

Hines (32) Godsamark (90)

BSN vs Burton 1-0 HT: 0-0 Att: 1314

Godsmark (78)

BSN at Histon 1-1 HT: 0-1

Godsmark (51)

BSN at Nuneaton 1-2 HT: 0-2

Hines (80)

BSN vs Hinckley 7-1 HT: 1-1 Att: 1184

Godsmark (17,73,82) Hines (51) Tavernier (76,85,90)

Final Game Other Result

And here are my Screenshots for the Season.

Unexpected

Home Screen

Team Records The Squad Position Graph Player Records Manager of the Season League Table Finances

Well there you go I am off into The Blue Square Premier and hunting a few players to top up my team and hoepfully make my way up the table somehow. I will post some player screenies in a minute.

AFC Wimbledon!

have finally got round 2 posting my progress in this challange!!

2008/2009 Blue square south

1. AFC Wimbledon - points = 99

2. Dorchester - points = 97

3. Sailsbury - points = 75

Star players

Zavon Hines - striker -(free from whufc)

Played 34 - scored 20 - assists 8 - av 7.15

Charlie sheringham - striker - (loan from CP)

played 35 - scored 21 - assist 11 - av 7.14

other key players - Tony stokes, Dario Mazzola

Blue Square Prem 2009/10

Oxford = 85

Exeter = 84

AFC Wimbledon = 83

Playoff semi final vs Rochdale

3-2 defeat (1st leg)

1-0 (2nd leg) - 5-4 on pens to wimbledon!

Playoff Final - 4-0 AET victory -

Sheringham (2) Hines (2) Sos Yoa

Star Players

Adriano Rigoglioso - striker - (free)

Played 43 - scored 15 - assist 9 - av 7.14

Charlie Sheringham - striker - (loan)

played 45 - scored 35 - assist 11 - av 7.33

Other key players - Charley Hearn, Glenn Wilson, Zavon Hines

Coca-Cola League 2

1.Brentford = 88

2.Darlington = 87

3.Rushden = 86

4.Chesterfield = 84

5.stockport = 74

6.AFC Wimbledon = 74

7. Lincoln = 74

Play-off semi final Vs Stockport

0-1 Defeat (1st leg)

0-5 win (2nd leg)

Final vs Lincoln

1-1 - 6-5 win on pens for AFC!!

Star Players

Steven Thompson - striker - (free from Cardiff)

Played 49 - scored 19 - assist 11 - av 7.04

Dag Alexander Olsen - Sriker - (loan at january window)

played 20 - scored 16 - assist 3 - av 6.95

Other Key players - Danny Carlton, Keiran Fitzharris, Adam Legdzins

Currently in League One - December 3rd 2011 - sitting in 2nd position.. further updates will follow! icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by jameslowe:

Good luck Seasoned Alcoholic. My advice get out the FA Cup Setanta Shield early as it may gain you a few thousand but the strain it puts on the squad is not worth it. I mainly concentrated on the FA Trophy and it helped massively I believe.

Thanks for the advice icon14.gif Yeah, I had a quick look at the rules for the Setanta shield, and the prize money for a win each round is hardly worth bothering with. I usually play the reserves and youth team in early rounds of cup competitions, so I'll probably do the same with the shield, but will probably go full strength in both the FA trophy and FA cup qualifying rounds.

Originally posted by MikaelS:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Seasoned Alcoholic:

Manager Profile

mtsquadgp6.th.jpg

Merthyr Tydfil Transfers

mttransfersbp0.th.jpg

mtstaffua6.th.jpg

Cheers again icon14.gif

I would look for another left/right winger. I think you will struggle with only 1 for each position. Otherwise good luck icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, I've strengthened since posting the squad screenshot, added a new winger with excellent potential named Scott Henderson, hopefully with experience and time he'll come good. Needed to do this really since Hadji picked up a mid-term injury, but my left winger named Don Tanner is flying at the minute; watching brief highlights from the match engine has shown how he finds space easily out wide, and can run past opponents quite scarily icon_biggrin.gif

Otherwise, I've also brought in Frankie Artus from Bristol City, and Matt Green from Cardiff, both on long-term loan deals until the end of the season. Also had a gem from my youth team as soon as I took control, Michael Butler attributes are very impressive for his age. I'll probably give him a mixture of skills and shooting training before he ends his youth contract and signs the pre-arranged part-time deal when he's 17.

I usually attain scout reports before I even consider signing anyone, but since Hadji was based abroad and with the board's limitation upon scouting, I could only approach to sign, which is what I did. He was interested in what I offered him, which was as a key player on good money compared to others already at the club. He also wanted a 2-year deal, which is what he was given, as well as the club's captaincy. I would recommend getting hold of him even if he isn't interested; try declaring your interest or telling the press you admire his ability for example.

Originally posted by Seasoned Alcoholic:

I usually attain scout reports before I even consider signing anyone, but since Hadji was based abroad and with the board's limitation upon scouting, I could only approach to sign, which is what I did. He was interested in what I offered him, which was as a key player on good money compared to others already at the club. He also wanted a 2-year deal, which is what he was given, as well as the club's captaincy. I would recommend getting hold of him even if he isn't interested; try declaring your interest or telling the press you admire his ability for example.

You need to have him on trial first. and after what i have heard, its impossible.

Its against the rules to sign somebody you cannot scout or trial.

Originally posted by kaNovi:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Seasoned Alcoholic:

You need to have him on trial first. and after what i have heard, its impossible.

Its against the rules to sign somebody you cannot scout or trial. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's why I was confused, assumed the club had somehow let him come on trial... anyway I wouldn't think it's the end of the world, it's only right at the beginning.

As for Margate, we're suffering the most ridiculous case of second season blues I've ever seen, just went on a 6 match losing streak, was really bad. Currently 19th after a quarter of the season. The fans called for me to play the reserves, so that's exactly what I did. All the players on bad form got ousted in favour of their less skilled counterparts, and they battled out a 3-3 draw with Hereford, our first points in a while. Somehow I think the promotion I expected is going to be far beyond us icon_frown.gif

Noticed on the site there's a few more smaller teams that a few people are playing as, whats the lowest rep team that has been promoted so far?

I'm still trying to properly get into a game at all on FM, went on holiday to see if Tonbridge Angels would come up. In 2010 now and have reloaded several times but they still haven't been promoted.

Two or three seasons is enough for clubs with around 850 rep to be promoted isn't it? It just might take a lot of reloads? I managed to get Tonbridge and Ramsgate promoted a few months ago when I was deciding what type of game to start on FM icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by snooty_jim:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kaNovi:

Its against the rules to sign somebody you cannot scout or trial. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's why I was confused, assumed the club had somehow let him come on trial... anyway I wouldn't think it's the end of the world, it's only right at the beginning.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

still.. rules are rules.. i dont think that dafuge will let him play on with this game..

I must've missed that rule about bringing overseas players in on trial before approaching to sign them, well thanks for the heads-up regarding this. Tbh its no big deal if I'm allowed to continue the challenge or not, I could firstly do with the practice at these sort of things, and secondly will probably start a new challenge once any possibly future updates are released. Like I said, thanks for pointing these fine details out, but it really ain't the end of the world to me.

Cheers icon14.gif

First season update - Halesowen Town 08/09

Finised 1st - promoted to the Blue Square Premier!!

League Table http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/1950/leaguetabletp4.jpg

Top Scorer http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/1167/alukoja7.jpg

Summary http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/9128/summaryvc6.jpg

Finances (aftera £70k promotion bonus) http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/6136/financesed0.jpg

My profile after my first season http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1944/profilenl9.jpg

Boreham Wood 09/10 BSP- Season Review

What can I say, I'm on my winter break for another week.

Going into this season I had ambitious plans, that is, getting promoted into League 2 in the hopes of getting a few quality players next season to bolster my squad in the longterm. My board's expectations were quite different, they expected me to get relegated back to Blue Square South. As sometimes happens with two opposuing viewpoints, there is a meeting in the middle ground.

League Table

League Positions (Thanks MikaelS)

Manager Overview

Transfers

The Season wasn't all roses however. I got knocked out of the 1st round of the FA Cup once again this year and didn't do anything notable other than meeting the expectations of my board in the cup competitions. Also, I was hammered, to put it lightly, in my league matches against Notts County.

Notts County League Match 1Notts County League Match 2

Onto the offseason where I need to shore up my fullbacks and my midfield, as well as have a larger pitch.

Well my game is now the return of Super Kyle, just trying to figure out where I put him in my squad, I just had a look at my last attempt at the game in 07 and I surprisingly have 4 players from that team in my team now, just by pure coincidence and such lol. Gateshead are predicted 21st in the league, I have called for a safe mid table and signed in players to make my team up all my loanees got sold by Newcastle *******.

Originally posted by Des Tiny:

Well my game is now the return of Super Kyle, just trying to figure out where I put him in my squad, I just had a look at my last attempt at the game in 07 and I surprisingly have 4 players from that team in my team now, just by pure coincidence and such lol. Gateshead are predicted 21st in the league, I have called for a safe mid table and signed in players to make my team up all my loanees got sold by Newcastle *******.

who's super kyle?

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

dovEs We're not snobs, and just to prove it I will tell you a little bed-time story about how Super Kyle got his name.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Once upon a time in a forum not dissimilar to this, (but under a different name), a fat manager who had a strange penchant for oval balls, decided to enter into a ridiculous competition called "dafuge's challenge FM06.

He went on holiday for a year while he waited for his team to get promoted from the depths of lower league football, and on 19th June he was rewarded with the Glorious Greenness of..... Hendon.

The fat manager wasn't very good at FM, (and still isn't), so he decided to fill his team with the biggest fattest strongest blokes he could find and bully his way to the top. It worked quite well and he Hendon romped the Conference South with ease.

The only problem was that the old fat bloke that he was playng up front, (who had managed to overcome cancer in real life), (no, not that bloke), was getting really old and really slow so he had to look elsewhere for a finisher.

After a season of fruitless searching, a young striker with N.Irish origins was released on a free by Crewe and became available for fat manager to approach with a not very lucrative contract. The young N.Irish finisher jumped at the chance to play for the fat manager and soon they were inseperable.

The young striker banged in the goals and did all the work, and fat manager signed more big fat blokes to bully the opposition and give young striker more easy chances. It was partnership made in heaven.

The partnership grew and flourished in the depths of Conference National, and it wasn't too long before fat manager and young striker were Champions of all they surveyed.

League 2 proved a harder nut to crack, and although young striker kept banging in the goals, fat manager seemed to have lost his golden touch at bringing in salad dodgers to fill the rest of the team.

The club stagnated and young striker grew restless. He knew he was destined for bigger things and requested a transfer much to the dismay of fat manager. Fat manager didn't wan't him to go, but he wasn't letting some little punk run the show so he quadrupled the value of the player and sat back to wait.

Sure enough, it wasn't long before the slightly bigger, (but still not very big), clubs came knocking on fat mangers door with big old wads of cash spilling out of their pockets.

Fat manager couldn't believe his luck. He already had 1 big fat bloke up front and he had just signed some Swedish striker kid on a free, so this young upstart of a striker could go with his blessing and he would have a bank account full a cash to boot.

So off went the young N.Irish, (club record goal-scoring) icon_wink.gif striker to pastures new and the fat manager runned his hands with glee at all the lovely wonga he had to spend. He could almost get an entire new team od useless fat blokes with that much cash, and still have some wedge left over for some facilities improvement.

Young striker left when the January transfer window opened and stepped up a league to ply his trade in League 1 while the fat managers Hendon team wallowed pitifully in mid table in League 2. The remainder of that season saw Hendon fire blanks for much of the time as the young Swedish striker just didn't click with whichever fat bloke it was that he was partnered with up front. Young striker on the other hand was on fire. he scored with carefree abandon and dragged his team manfully up the league and into a playoff position. Although their pursuit of promotion via the playoffs proved fruitless, the sterling work done by the young striker did not go un-noticed and he was called into the senior N.Ireland squad for the first time. (He had scored at about a goal a game for the U21's), but this was different, Now he was in with the big boys.

The following season was a season of contrast and change. Young striker broke his leg when one of his fat team-mates collided with him in training and he missed much of the season. Without him, his team plumetted from the playoff hopefulls of last season to relegation certainties of this season.

Fat managfers Hendon had gone from strength to strength to strength however and were themselves now promoton candidates, and eventually secured the step up via the playoffs. 3 weeks earier the young strikers team had been relegated, despite his return to fitness and goal-scoring ways.

This meant that as Hendon got promoted from League 2 to League 1, young strikers team were relegated from League 1 to League 2.

Fat Manager now had a bigger wage budget and a few quid to spend on new players so he chanced his arme and launched a cheeky little bid for the young striker, in an attempt to sign back his young protege for a fraction of the amount he had sold him for.

It worked like a dream and after 18 months apart, Fat manager and young striker were re-united at Hendon in the lofty climbs of league 1.

The step up was handled not so much with ease, as with goals. Young striker seemed to score every time he touched the ball and soon built quite a name for himself and his team. Supported ably by his N.Irish compatriot dead-ball specialist left back, (who had been at Hendon from day 1), they took Hendon from League 1 to the Championship, and from the Championship in to the Premiership, and from the Premiership into Europe.

The aim of the challenge was to win both the Premiership and the Champions League with a team that was not even playable when the game begun. Fat Manager had time on his hands, but time was now running out for an ageing young striker.

All this time, Young Striker was first name on the team-sheet for a N.Irealnd National team managed by some bloke with the strange name of AI. Fat Manager desperately wanted the job, but this was outlawed and he had to watch through gritted teeth as Mr AI led the N.Irish team to unheralded success for a nation so small.

The 2014 World Cup was held in *no idea* and N.Ireland somehow qualified from a group of death consisting of teams that fat manager now cannot remember. Fat manager was overjoyed for young striker and the other N.Irish players in the Hendon squad, but he was stll unable to manage them as the idiot Mr AI kept winning and that nasty Chairman Mr D A Fuge refused to let him take on an International job alongside his club job.

So the N.Ireland team travelled to the 2014 World Cup and were expected to go out in the first round without so much as a whimper. The bookies had reckoned without the form of young striker who led his nation all the way to the Final of the 2014 World Cup, scoring 7(ish) goals along the way. They would meet the Dutch, (I think), in the final.

I would love to say the they stuffed the Dutch, but the simple fact is they just weren't good enough and young striker could not carry them further.

Young striker finished as 2014 World Cup Runner up, (managed by the AI).

World Cup 2014 Top Scorer.

Selected in World Cup 2014 Dream Team.

He wasn't finished though and pushed hard for the success at club level that Fat Manager so craved over the following years.

The Premiership was won, but the Quarter Final of the Champions League was the furthest that they could manage. With an inpending hostile takeover imminent from new software company "FM07", the race was on to see if Fat Manager could complete the challenge that Chairman Mr d A Fuge had set him.

Young striker was playing with a zimmer by this stage but he was still taking penalties and notching the odd goal from open play. Fat manager had a 2nd successive Premiership in the bag with games in hand and the Semi-Final of the Champions League to look forward to. The team of Fat Blokes had tranformed over the years to an elite team of top class professionals and were sure to be a match for........ sorry, (can't remember) in the Semi's.

If this was a made up story I would be able to tell you that Hendon won the Semi and then the Final and young, (now ageing) striker came on in the last minute and scored the winning penalty. Unfortunately, it's not made up, it's true and Hendon lost in the Semi's and the hopes of a generation were dashed forever.

Fat manager took it hard and seemed unable to continue on his own. As a result, he enticed young striker, (who now had a staff profile), to come on board at Hendon as his new Ass Man. Young striker agreed and the the dynasty was complete.

Young striker scored roughly 360(ish) club goals for Hendon, (damn those 2 missed years at the beginning and the 18 months in the middle) icon_mad.gif.

He scored approx 56 International goals in approx 58 International appearances, (all managed by the AI).

Some of his bigger trophies.

Premiership x2.

FA Cup x3.

League Cup.

Some Sucky Ass Cup thingy in the early years.

World Cup 2014 Runner Up.

World Cup 2014 Golden Boot.

World Cup 2014 Dream Team.

Born Kyle Wilson, to dad Phil Wilson, (now manager of Conference North side Barrow), Super Kyle was born icon_biggrin.gif.

ps. Super Kyle will always be better than that imposter Burda. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is who Super Kyle is...Thanks for the story Jimbokav

Ok that took me way too long to find that story, I knew it was around but oh well there you go the tale of Super Kyle, though I dunno how long he will last in my team. We will see at the end of this season I may train him up and sell him off. Had a terrible start to my first season in the BSP, but trying some new tactics hopefully something pays off.

Season 28/29 end

Its the end of an era icon_frown.gif

unbelievable.. newcastle where just unbeatable for the other ai teams, my tactics where crap and i lost the damn crown which i have won 8 years in a row icon_frown.gif

At least we won the chl

After not winning it the last 3 years, its good to have the trophy back!

In other news; Bradshaw retired before this season!! out in the blue ! he didnt even stayed as a coach as he has stated many times he would icon_frown.gif

He scored 520 goals for my team, thx braddy.

Originally posted by Des Tiny:

Ok that took me way too long to find that story, I knew it was around but oh well there you go the tale of Super Kyle, though I dunno how long he will last in my team. We will see at the end of this season I may train him up and sell him off. Had a terrible start to my first season in the BSP, but trying some new tactics hopefully something pays off.

thanks for the story. I've come across 'Super Kyle' before in these forums, but never understood who he was.

Originally posted by kaNovi:

In other news; Bradshaw retired before this season!! out in the blue ! he didnt even stayed as a coach as he has stated many times he would icon_frown.gif

End of an era. icon_frown.gif

I've really enjoyed reading your updates on Bradshaw, it's not that often a player like that comes along. I hope you don't mind me saying that he didn't have the best attributes in the world but his goalscoring record speaks for it's self. Not even staying on as a coach! icon_eek.gif I bet you'll miss the lad?

Originally posted by Gundo:

I've really enjoyed reading your updates on Bradshaw, it's not that often a player like that comes along. I hope you don't mind me saying that he didn't have the best attributes in the world but his goalscoring record speaks for it's self. Not even staying on as a coach! icon_eek.gif I bet you'll miss the lad? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's gutting when a long term player like that retires, you have a really awkward patch afterwards trying to replace them where your game just doesn't feel the same.

Chelseadaft Season 1 Blue Sq North - Prescot Cables

Well its over before it has even begun ! icon_mad.gif

Relegated

Im gonna have to sit down and really study the tactics hard for this game, i am either doing too much or too little.

Am determined to get it right, and also determined to find out for myself rather than take tips off of other people.

Oh well... guess what i am starting again.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

I've really enjoyed reading your updates on Bradshaw, it's not that often a player like that comes along. I hope you don't mind me saying that he didn't have the best attributes in the world but his goalscoring record speaks for it's self. Not even staying on as a coach! icon_eek.gif I bet you'll miss the lad? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's gutting when a long term player like that retires, you have a really awkward patch afterwards trying to replace them where your game just doesn't feel the same. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know you have experience in this sort of situation, Danny Roberts springs to mind. icon_cool.gif It just makes you savor every moment you can keep hold of these players.

I think you where lucky in the sense that Roberts went on to become Braintree manager succeeding you did he not? Now that would of been great if a similar sort of thing happened with Bradshaw in KaNovi's game.

Yeah Gundo, he had stats like an good league one player icon_smile.gif but he just scored and scored, it was quite amazing..

In hes older years i couldnt keep him in the squad if i wanted to win, hes stats dropped dramaticly already at 32, ill defintly miss him, but i was sure he would stay as coach, but no icon_frown.gif

Although i hear from him sometimes when im playing big matches, where he pintpoints the threads icon_smile.gif.

Dafuge -> yeah its terrible, but i do have a player i hope alot for Edwards

and i have already given him some caps, hehe, its nice with authority icon_smile.gif

Maybee his not good enough for england squad, but that is my revenge for only given bradshaw 2 minutes international icon_mad.gif

Happy new years everybody!

Originally posted by jameslowe:

I am starting to have a little moral objection to my success.

My team that won the Conf South and the FA Trophy were basically Fulham U18's/Reserves and a few Palace Reserves.

I don't know if I should take credit for such things.

That was one of the reasons I stopped playing the challenge.

I couldn't compete with some of the other teams in the league that were doing it, but didn't want to do it myself.

Other people doing the challenge have decided to not take advantage of the unrealistic loand but instead have taken to signing Islanders and doing it that way.

It's not for me but you might prefer that.

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jameslowe:

My team that won the Conf South and the FA Trophy were basically Fulham U18's/Reserves and a few Palace Reserves.

I couldn't compete with some of the other teams in the league that were doing it, but didn't want to do it myself.

Other people doing the challenge have decided to not take advantage of the unrealistic loand but instead have taken to signing Islanders and doing it that way.

It's not for me but you might prefer that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In my team I have six loan players that are regular starters, these player's are also probably my six best players. One of them (Ismael Ehui) is my club's record goal scorer. I depend on loan signings.

Originally posted by A True Fan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jameslowe:

It's not for me but you might prefer that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In my team I have six loan players that are regular starters, these player's are also probably my six best players. One of them (Ismael Ehui) is my club's record goal scorer. I depend on loan signings. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

depend on loan signings? i practically had plymouth u18s squad in BSS. Now some have even signed for me, its the only way to do it!

Season 2015/16 Review - Prescot Cables in The Championship

After bouncing back to this league with my win in League 1, I felt I was in a better position to hold my own and avoid relegation.

League Table

League Positions Graph

A great season but I just couldn't quite get into the playoff places.

Squad

Transfers

The squad is getting much stronger now, still without spending a penny.

Star Player

Next season could be his last since his contract is expiring and I doubt he'll sign a new one. Due to my financial situation I may have to sell him if a decent offer comes in.

Archived