dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Currently think i am gonna start from scratch. my chippenham game seems to have taken a nose dive and cant buy a win and so i think i am gonna give a new team a try. may well go back to chippenham town in the future we will see.!

have found premiership teams spenind upwards o5 15mill for players where as my board give me around about 2mill and expect me to build a team capable of staying up!! managed to strugle by the last few seasons but this season i have won one game by just before christmas and have a massive 4 points. finding it a bit demoralising hence the fresh start mayb will instill some hope and i can use the experiance i have learnt for a new game.

ahh there we go...end of season 1 table.

Promoted, down in no small part to the 129 goals scored by my team during the season. The average goals per game worked out at about 4.5 a game (taking for and against into account) so reckon I'm gonna try and sign some world class Defenders for free!

Roll on season 2 - think I'll ask my board to rename the stadium "the goalfest arena"

AFC Wimbledon - Season 6 - 13/14

Another good season with a 10th place League One finish, I was worried at first that we lacked the strength to stay in League One, and then receiving offers which were too good to turn down for my 2 main strikers only made matters worse. The two strikers i got in took quite awhile to settle, around 7 or 8 games in we'd only managed a handfull of goals, but they came good in the end with over 20 goals each.

I was really pleased overall, considering I expected to struggle. Hoping to perhaps push for a playoff place next year, with new signing Sunu on his way hopefully to give us some consistent fire power upfront.

Squad

Transfers

League

Originally posted by Peljam:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bluenose_92:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peljam:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

Not seen this one before

Cool. Well cool they suggest it not cool that it's needed. I know you can approach a player and ask them to call a meeting but I've never seen the staff come forward with it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Peljam, if you could. could you link me to where you get the lower league (witton etc.) logos? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

S'on the website, with instructions too I think.

Are you taking on the challenge with the Mighty Albion then? Good luck!

Just got offered my first job. Championship Burnley want me. I'm very jealous of the huge wage budget they have. Well huge in comparison to mine. It's roughly twice the size. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's gotta be done, I live near Northwich so they're my local dafuge club you could say. Not unless somehow Winsford can come up :p

Originally posted by Bluenose_92:

It's gotta be done, I live near Northwich so they're my local dafuge club you could say. Not unless somehow Winsford can come up :p

Nice. I think my closest is North Ferriby, but I was too impatient to wait for them. And now I love Witton too much

Season 1 Chippenham

It all boiled down to the last game of the season 1st vs 2nd

Weymouth vs Chippenham

weymouth were 2 points in head but could chippenham pull off the unthinkable??

Result Live Table

manager overview

Didn't do to badly in the FA cup got knocke dout by cheltenham 6-3 at there gaff 1st round proper.

Lost to rushden 1-0 at home 3rd round fa trophy weakend team due to injurys otherwise I would have won. this was my only home defeat of the season!

Sentana Shied I put a researve team out and lost in the first round.

Final Table

Graph

transfers

Squad

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rhinosrule:

If my Hendon game goes downhill can i play as my local team Farsley Celtic?

Well they're not eligible so I'd guess not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

bit unfair when teams like Hednesford and Wimbledon have been in the league above and people are using them but never mind just thought i would ask icon_confused.gif

Originally posted by rhinosrule:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rhinosrule:

If my Hendon game goes downhill can i play as my local team Farsley Celtic?

Well they're not eligible so I'd guess not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

bit unfair when teams like Hednesford and Wimbledon have been in the league above and people are using them but never mind just thought i would ask icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought AFC Wimbledon was completely different from the old Wimbledon? As the old Wimbledon became MK Dons. So AFC had to start at the foot of the football league? Or have I got very confused?

A sad say for Witton.

It's early in the season and we've got 6 out of 9 points. But all was not well.

Helio my star young midfielder was wanting trophys. I kept telling him so did I, and that used to keep him happy. Then he just went completely the other way and asked to be put on the transfer list instead. I said no but he was already unsettled.

The Vasco managed flew all the way across to watch him play and put in a bid. It was only about 1 mil so I upped it to 5 thinking they'd drop out. icon_frown.gif They didn't, and neither did a host of other clubs. My Chairman accepted the 5 mil, which makes sense really our record transfer before was 150k, and now he's gone.

On the up side the club should be secure for years to come, bar catastrophe, with a balance of just under £7 million and attendences just shy of full.

And with my budget of around 3 million I can invest in some youth and maybe get the facillities upgraded. So not all bad.

Still, I'm going to miss Helio.

The man himself

Tiverton Town - League 2 11/12 - Season review

Pre Season hopes of a mid table finish seemed to be a little hopeful early on for Tivvy. A good 3-1 win at home to Chester on the opening day was followed by a run of 6 league games without a win, leaving us sitting just above the relegation places. A little tinkering with the tactics and it wasnt long before our form picked up allthough it was still not consitent.

The turning point in the season came late in November, with run of 5 games in which we came in at the break 2 goals down. By some miracle we didn't lose a single one, winning 4 and drawing 1. From that point on we looked a totaly different side and a match for any team in the division. The wins started to come and it wasn't long before we began to climb and before long closed in on the playoff places. Some luck with the fixtures which saw us play our final 8 games against bottom half opposition, while the other teams battling for places were taking points off each other saw us sneak into 4th. At one point it seemed an automatic promotion place was in reach but a bad result on the final day going down 2-0 to Mansfield at home ended that.

The Playoff Semi saw us drawn against Peterborough, probably the strongest team of the 4 involved. Slightly concerned at the ease in which they had beaten us twice during the regular season and missing leading scorer Jack Brierley through injury Tivvy set up with a cautios 4-2-1-2-1 counter attacking formation. It worked like a dream and a 4-1 lead was in place for the return leg at home. We probably did enough for at least a draw in the 2nd leg in front of a record crowd of 3491 but Peterborough nicked it 3-2. All in all though a decent result against a strong team.

So on we went our first ever trip to Wembley to face Chesterfield in the final. Slightly dissapointing to only see a crowd of 27,000 for the final but our first ever final who could complain.

Returning from injury Brierley was only given a place on the bench and Coppinger was again employed as a lone striker. The managers faith was repayed after only 9 mins as he took the ball from in his own half before rounding the keeper and slotting it home. We were looking comfortable for the rest of the half and going in with the 1-0 lead at the break I was starting to believe we could pull it off. My decision to come out for the 2nd half with a slightly more attacking formation to push for that decisive 2nd goal probably was to blame for Chesterfields early 2nd half equaliser but we were still looking the more likely to score. However it wasnt to be as I sat and watched chance after chance go begging I could tell there was going to be a sting in the tail. The 90 mins passed along with extra time and the match was to be decided from the penalty spot. After watching Kizzy hit the bar in the 120th min and then Brierley drive the rebound wide with the keeper nowhere to be seen I knew it wasn't our day as was proved with the fact we missed every one of our penalty's losing the shootout 3-0.

It would have been a long difficult season in League 1 and with the squad as it is now I think it would have meant certain relegation. So it may work out for the best in the long term.

In our first ever League Cup game we drew Championship side Watford at home and managed to destroy them 4-0 in a game we totaly dominated. That was to be as far as we got though and a home defeat 3-1 to Premiership Cardiff ended the dream for another year.

Dissapointing run in the JPT saw us needing a penalty shootout to get past Hereford in the first round, then soundly beaten 5-2 by Yeovil in the 2nd round.

Our most pleasing cup run was again in the FA cup. With wins over Hendesford, Oxford (after replay) and Leyton Orient, we were given a 4th round tie away to Premiership Birmingham. My only aim was to keep it respectable and we more than achieved that in a 3-2 defeat which could have gone our way on a different day.

Table

Graph

Squad

New signing Harris was probably the best player but overall it was difficult to single anybody out. We finally have a good CB pairing in Gill and Chopper one having great pace and the other being dominant in the air. Choppers 4 red cards and 10 yellow (4 reds before Christmas) is slightly concerning especially since he seems to like the day off for big games too.

So a good season we can hopefully build on. I think a push for promotion in the coming season would see us in better shape for survival in League 1 the following year. The only additions to the squad this close season will be my continued search for that perfect striker, other than that it will be as you were.

Originally posted by ejthegreat:

AFC Wimbledon 11/12 League Two

Goal Scoring Record

The record itself isn't that impressive, however, the the fact that it's still only Dec 29th certainly is. icon_biggrin.gif

icon_eek.gif 60 plus if he keeps that up for the season, you must be walking the league scoring goals for fun.

Took aq look at him in my game, Arsenal dont look to be letting him go but I cant sign him anyway since he is french.

Sunu

Originally posted by xx2olegendxx:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ejthegreat:

Goal Scoring Record

The record itself isn't that impressive, however, the the fact that it's still only Dec 29th certainly is. icon_biggrin.gif

icon_eek.gif 60 plus if he keeps that up for the season, you must be walking the league scoring goals for fun.

Took aq look at him in my game, Arsenal dont look to be letting him go but I cant sign him anyway since he is french.

Sunu </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

English only policy or just something against the french? icon_wink.gif

League is going well, I would like to stop conceding goals and if he gets injured I'm screwed, but I am on track for promotion. icon14.gif

Yeah just players with british citezenship. Is going to get tough though in the Championship and above (if I make it that far) so I may cave in and sign a few later on. Would be nice to get a premiership winning side with nothing but English players though.

Originally posted by xx2olegendxx:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ejthegreat:

Yeah just players with british citezenship. Is going to get tough though in the Championship and above (if I make it that far) so I may cave in and sign a few later on. Would be nice to get a premiership winning side with nothing but English players though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In my game, he still has about 18mths left to get english citizenship, so maybe you can get him a year from now in your game icon_wink.gif

If I make it League One, I'm going to find it so hard..lol

Goal Scoring Record

Sunu is still firing them in for fun, for me in the Championship! Had a terrifying moment in League One where he wouldn't negotiate a new contract, he ended up with just 10 days left on his deal before he'd discuss terms with me! he's tied down 'till 2019 now though icon_biggrin.gif

I had a few enquiries for him from Championship and Premiership club while i'm languishing near the bottom of the Championship so i've put a £6m price tag on him hopefully to thwart offers untill I can reach the Prem.

Originally posted by José Pandinho:

Goal Scoring Record

Sunu is still firing them in for fun, for me in the Championship! Had a terrifying moment in League One where he wouldn't negotiate a new contract, he ended up with just 10 days left on his deal before he'd discuss terms with me! he's tied down 'till 2019 now though icon_biggrin.gif

I had a few enquiries for him from Championship and Premiership club while i'm languishing near the bottom of the Championship so i've put a £6m price tag on him hopefully to thwart offers untill I can reach the Prem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well done on getting him to sign long term. That you got him for £65k is sickening and you'd surely have to consider any offer over £3-4m. Assuming you still have a fairly small stadium etc.

In my game, he still has about 18mths left to get english citizenship, so maybe you can get him a year from now in your game icon_wink.gif

If I make it League One, I'm going to find it so hard..lol

He was only 7 days away in mine but then he went on loan to dundee for the season icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by José Pandinho:

Goal Scoring Record

I had a few enquiries for him from Championship and Premiership club while i'm languishing near the bottom of the Championship so i've put a £6m price tag on him hopefully to thwart offers untill I can reach the Prem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well done on getting him to sign long term. That you got him for £65k is sickening and you'd surely have to consider any offer over £3-4m. Assuming you still have a fairly small stadium etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Enough about Sunu I'm getting jealous.

Kyle coppinger

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by José Pandinho:

Goal Scoring Record

Well done on getting him to sign long term. That you got him for £65k is sickening and you'd surely have to consider any offer over £3-4m. Assuming you still have a fairly small stadium etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My finances aren't too bad, the season just gone saw me lose my superstar Goalkeeper who I signed for free at the start of the BSS season, he went to Newcastle for 3.5m plus incentives, and I lost my other star striker the year before for nearly 2m.

Thanks to my board, I havent seen a penny of those transfer fee's in my own transfer budget icon_biggrin.gif

And yep, attendences suck, getting a full house every week at 5,000 but the board say they cant afford to expand icon_frown.gif

My finances aren't too bad, the season just gone saw me lose my superstar Goalkeeper who I signed for free at the start of the BSS season, he went to Newcastle for 3.5m plus incentives, and I lost my other star striker the year before for nearly 2m.

Thanks to my board, I havent seen a penny of those transfer fee's in my own transfer budget icon_biggrin.gif

And yep, attendences suck, getting a full house every week at 5,000 but the board say they cant afford to expand icon_frown.gif

Wow, I wish I knew where to find money makers like that. The money must've gone somewhere. The only thing my board are willing to do is improve youth facilities.

With a horrible cup run this year and bonuses to be paid out if we win League Two, I'm going to be nearly back to £0 unless I sell some players. icon_frown.gif

The only thing my board are willing to do is improve youth facilities.

How much cash do you need in the bank for the board to do that?

At the moment I have minimal youth facilities - how much will it cost to upgrade to whatever the next level is?

Also my training facilities are listed as fairly basic - anyone know how much the next upgrade here will cost?

Originally posted by Aario:

At the moment I have minimal youth facilities - how much will it cost to upgrade to whatever the next level is?

Also my training facilities are listed as fairly basic - anyone know how much the next upgrade here will cost? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm on same level, they said yes to youth upgrade when I had £750k and had just gone to League Two. They still wouldn't improve training facilities so I'm guessing it's higher than this or board dependant.

They won't actually improve the youth facilities until season is over I think.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aario:

Also my training facilities are listed as fairly basic - anyone know how much the next upgrade here will cost? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm on same level, they said yes to youth upgrade when I had £750k and had just gone to League Two. They still wouldn't improve training facilities so I'm guessing it's higher than this or board dependant.

They won't actually improve the youth facilities until season is over I think. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for that. I guess no improvements for me then icon_frown.gif Am in first season in league 2 but only have £450K and similar to yourself I have (for the first time) had dreadfull luck in the cups this season so no prize / gate money coming in. I am making a little bit each month for the first season but with league bonuses to pay at the end of the season and the number of players who have yearly wage increases in their contracts I cannot see myself improving things for a very long time icon_frown.gif

I haven't bothered doing an update for awhile but i'm playing this game more or less constantly untill I go back to uni! currently in the Championship and about to start the 2017/2018 season, i'll catch up and post screenshots of all previous seasons when I can be bothered, I have them all saved.

Anyway, just got some huge and unexpected news! I had £2m in the bank as I hit 'continue' on the 17th of june. When the 18th came around, my board made the shock announcement that they are spending £16.25m on a brand new 19,000 seater stadium! It won't be completed untill 2019 but i'm absolutely delighted icon_smile.gif

Stadium announcement

Loan icon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aario:

They won't actually improve the youth facilities until season is over I think. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think, but I wouldn't quote me on this, that I've had upgrades done at the start of the season, so I've not had to wait till the end. I just got a fair bit of of cash so I asked about youth facilities, about 6 games in, and they agreed to do it. Whether they finish it soon, or at the end of the season I don't know.

I was on the lowest level for both. The board wouldn't do anything till I had a balance of about 1.5 mil. It only appeared to cost about 200k though (each). I think it might depend on how your board approach things.

I haven't bothered doing an update for awhile but i'm playing this game more or less constantly untill I go back to uni! currently in the Championship and about to start the 2017/2018 season, i'll catch up and post screenshots of all previous seasons when I can be bothered, I have them all saved.

Anyway, just got some huge and unexpected news! I had £2m in the bank as I hit 'continue' on the 17th of june. When the 18th came around, my board made the shock announcement that they are spending £16.25m on a brand new 19,000 seater stadium! It won't be completed untill 2019 but i'm absolutely delighted icon_smile.gif

Stadium announcement

Loan icon_eek.gif

Ooof! Thats a big loan. My board took a 6 mil one out for our stadium.

I would't worry about the repayments too much. Once you have the stadium so long as you get attendences of about 12,000 + I reckon you'll be able to pay things just fine.

AFC Wimbledon 2011/12 League Two

PROMOTION!!!!

Table (at time of promotion)

Wanted to keep playing tonight (it's 3:45am) until I won promotion. Got frustrating near the end having won only 1 of the past 5 games but we're there and with many games to go.

With this I really should give some games to players I want to sell or youngsters but I'm tempted to keep Sunu in and see just how many he can get.

He's scored 52 (16 assists and 15 MoM) through 39 league games with 6 hatricks (3x 3goals and 3 x 4goals) icon14.gif

Lost about £200k so far this season, bonuses still to come, not looking foward to the wage cuts I'll need to make.

AFC Wimbledon 2011/12 League Two

PROMOTION!!!!

Table (at time of promotion)

Wanted to keep playing tonight (it's 3:45am) until I won promotion. Got frustrating near the end having won only 1 of the past 5 games but we're there and with many games to go.

With this I really should give some games to players I want to sell or youngsters but I'm tempted to keep Sunu in and see just how many he can get.

He's scored 52 (16 assists and 15 MoM) through 39 league games with 6 hatricks (3x 3goals and 3 x 4goals) icon14.gif

Lost about £200k so far this season, bonuses still to come, not looking foward to the wage cuts I'll need to make.

congrats icon14.gif

Originally posted by kaNovi:

Im gonna take a break from FM. Mostly because i am moving, and i have a lot of work these days..

But ill be back icon_smile.gif

I will keep on watching this thread as well, GL to all of you..

icon14.gif

It's been good reading your story icon14.gif

Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kaNovi:

Im gonna take a break from FM. Mostly because i am moving, and i have a lot of work these days..

But ill be back icon_smile.gif

I will keep on watching this thread as well, GL to all of you..

icon14.gif

It's been good reading your story icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aye it has - hope to see you back

The mighty Matlock Town was my choice. Other options included Merthyr Tydfil and Marine (can't remember the other one). Chose Matlock because I like the colours and I've been there. Once icon_biggrin.gif.

Started the season telling the board I'd be there to 'consolidate' in my first season. They seemed happy anough, giving me a substantial transfer budget of £0.0m. Excellent.

First things first - ask the board for a feeder club. 1 week later Derby, Forest and Burton Albion come back with offers. Derby, being a Pemier League club (still) were the obvious choice.

In came Lee Holmes and Mitchell Hanson on loan, before I even knew it. Both players 10 x better than anything else in the squad (mainly made up of released players from low league clubs - plus Zavon Hines, unnatached formerly of West Ham and very very sharp if stats are anuthing to go by). Robert Ujcik also came from Derby on loan, to partner Hines up-front; a pairing that could prove deadly given time.

Other noteable transfers included Sam Wedgbury - a promising centre midfield player, Andrew Telford - a more than competent GK and Chris Saunders - a burly powerhouse at the back.

Mick Radford was appointed assistant manager and David Flitcroft (icon_biggrin.gif) a coach.

Games updates to follow mid season. Watch this space.

Oh and dafuge - best idea ever, this icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif.

Stadium announcement

Loan icon_eek.gif

:/ the new stadium/loan was only announced 5 months ago and already the board are unhappy with the finances of the club, were losing nearly 700k every month! I don't see how they can blame me when they made the decision icon_frown.gif

Season 2012/2013

AFC Wimbledon

First Season in the English Championship ended with a 15th places finish! Despite the achievement of avoiding relegation which was my start of season target - i am dissapointed as i occupied 4th-10th for most of the season. A dissapointing run in the final 8 games cost me as i finished 8 points off the final play-off place.

This season i aiming for promotion. I have put my financial difficulties behind me and sold many players who were previously conisdered as key members of my squad. This brings a new era to the club as i have introduced new faces, with both skill full youth players and also experienced internationals joining. I hope this will bring success and bring the club to the english preimership!!

Dafuge - I know this isn't the correct place to ask this so sorry - please let me (and the rest of the guys) know if you would prefer such requests to be kept off here icon14.gif

Anyway, do any of you here know anything about creating skins? I am using one I have downloaded and I have modified a few things, font sizes and colours etc but I really want to change to colour of the player ratings and condition displayed during a match. Does anyone know which part of which file I need to change??

well after my decision to stop my chippenham game and start a new one, a half season at the bottom again as hendon saw me head straight back to my chippenham game, just didnt have the love of the club or players that i have developed with my other game so i am back with them, form continues to be dissapointing but have turned it round a little in the last 2 games recording 2 wins in the league and a win in the FA cup 4th round, hopefully i will be able to just enough to stay up and give the premiership yet another go.

full season update shortly when i get to the end in the next hour or so.

also a quick question, i have noticed in peoples screenshots differnt backrounds etc how and where do i get such a thing.

Archived