FM Genie Scout 2010

Stamatis

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was it working fine for you before as well?

It was completely random for me. Working fine, then the next day I was getting the DIB handler error. Strange!

Yes it was working perfect, then out of nowhere it stopped working. Someone said about restarting your computer and then trying it again and it has worked for me so far

I am having trouble downloading the genie scout. I download it fine but then when i go to open it wont. I think it needs to appear as a compressed file or something like that but it doesnt download that way. Never had a problem with all the other genie scouts like this one. Any ideas?

I am having trouble downloading the genie scout. I download it fine but then when i go to open it wont. I think it needs to appear as a compressed file or something like that but it doesnt download that way. Never had a problem with all the other genie scouts like this one. Any ideas?

You need a program like WinRAR (costs cash but is better) or 7zip (free) to unpack rar files. Previous versions were zip files.

Is there an alternatvie to Genie Scout as it aint working for me...i suspect my save game is too large ..over 350mb

The alternative is FMRTE. It isn't the same (it's an in-game editor) but has search functions. Many people find it buggy to download and use too, but it's definitely worth a try.

Damn! The DIB nightmare just hit. I uninstalled Genie and reinstalled from the zip but it's still there. Tried everything, to no avail. I had been trying to create a shortlist. When the DIB message came up I deleted the saved shortlists, but no dice. Help!

Yeah... What the hell is a BIB handel, and how do i sort this out?!

Am I doing this right on mac with darwine?

I open DarwineHelper, open the genie .exe with it. Then a big log file pops up but after a while it crashes with this error:

err:seh:setup_exception stack overflow 84 bytes in thread 0009 eip 7b81d7a5 esp 20610fac stack 0x20611000-0x20720000
wine client error:9: write: Bad file descriptor

OSX 10.5.8

Yeah... What the hell is a BIB handel, and how do i sort this out?!

I've found it's ok when first loaded, but if you open the application again this problem happens. Currently I need to restart the PC, if I close and re-open this app.

Cheers,

Mark

PS Should mention running Windows 7 64Bit

I've found it's ok when first loaded, but if you open the application again this problem happens. Currently I need to restart the PC, if I close and re-open this app.

Cheers,

Mark

PS Should mention running Windows 7 64Bit

Ah. I was deflated to get the DIB bug and uninstalled /reinstalled Genie 3 times. Finally it worked. I was happy again. Then it didn't. Bummer. Guess I need to close and re-open the computer - and never ever close Genie! :(

To be fair, the original genie refused to go back into his bottle too.

I have always had the genie scout as an extra help if i'm being lazy, i have been using it in my current game but now when i try and load my saved game i now get

Unknown database version:1392

i havent updated anything or changed anything, just tried to load it as per usual.

any tips? :confused:

i have genie scout rc1 and rc2, 1 of my saved games is load-able through genie scout, just not the one i want. new games cant be opened in the scout but i expected that, if the game had updated automatically would that not just update it for new games, old games are on the database i had when i created the game? or am i being a bit thick :( im in debt with a bad squad and it would really help having it lol

i have genie scout rc1 and rc2, 1 of my saved games is load-able through genie scout, just not the one i want. new games cant be opened in the scout but i expected that, if the game had updated automatically would that not just update it for new games, old games are on the database i had when i created the game? or am i being a bit thick :( im in debt with a bad squad and it would really help having it lol

The moment you save a game in patched FM, it's a 10.2 savegame; for the purposes of a save game editor it doesn't matter that it was started with the 10.1 database. It's the save game format that changes ever so slightly.

Ive just downloaded the Genie Scout off of filefront.... this link : http://www.filefront.com/14982361/fm_genie_scout_10_rc2.rar/

and ive just loaded up the Genie Scout for the first time and tried to load up my game save but it comes up with :

Unknown Database Version: 1392

whats happened ? :/ help please :)

It's to do with the new patch as far as I know. There's nothing that can be done until it's updated.

:(

Archived