Stamatis

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting:

Error Loading Entity Number: 52

File Position: 365840329

Database Version: 1356

Data file seems to be corrupt. Wanted to read 536870912, could only read 336998735

However I can load my 2 first saves. For the rest I get the above bug. Don't recall changing anything with fmrte.

Hi,

I would dearly love to use this programme, as I have used it for previous installments of this series, but whenever I try to use this one, it just crashes as I load up a saved game on it.

It loads up everything execpt fr when it says "loading people" and then it says at the top "(not responding)", and then the the programme, just doesn't do anything.

I would some advice, if there is any forthcoming, as I would love to use this programme once again.

Hi,

I would dearly love to use this programme, as I have used it for previous installments of this series, but whenever I try to use this one, it just crashes as I load up a saved game on it.

It loads up everything execpt fr when it says "loading people" and then it says at the top "(not responding)", and then the the programme, just doesn't do anything.

I would some advice, if there is any forthcoming, as I would love to use this programme once again.

i get the same thing

@ people getting "contract" loading errors:

This is a temporary fix until Eugene releases next version, but try this:

"After much playing around, restarting seasons and changing the nations selected, I have discovered that it worked when I de-selected Scotland from the selection. Every save I tried with them in failed, but all those without them in loaded fine in FM Genie Scout." (suggested by MrWixi)

@ Fe98:

Font problems?

Could you try adding this font in your "c:\windows\fonts" folder.

@ Superman_uk123 / The Laughing Man:

You didn't forget to save your game AGAIN after un-ticking "Compress Save Games" and hitting Confirm, did you?

Because that freezing/not responding issue happened to me when I forgot to do that and tried to load a compressed save game.

Remember to check our Genie 10 - Bugs and Acknowledgements post for updates regarding all bugs and questions.

Just loaded a couple of games both with and without scotland as suggested - the ones without scotland all worked fine, only the ones with that wouldn't load and failed with the contract issue...!

Seems like a good workaround for those not in the middle of long term games.

Using boxed version with the patch applied (10.1) for info.

Any idea why my screen looks like this?

I have the same problem, but with a handwriting font. Needless to say that it's very hard to read.

I tried to install the font given on this board, but it was already installed, so that didn't solve the problem.

When i double-click on any names, the popup window shows a normal font.

@ people getting "contract" loading errors:

This is a temporary fix until Eugene releases next version, but try this:

"After much playing around, restarting seasons and changing the nations selected, I have discovered that it worked when I de-selected Scotland from the selection. Every save I tried with them in failed, but all those without them in loaded fine in FM Genie Scout." (suggested by MrWixi)

Ah ... not so much a temporary fix then ... more a 'you're buggered if you have included Scotland in your save game'!

Tried the app FWIW and also experienced the contract issue upon loading the db at startup (because I included Scotland initially, presumably). Are our devs still requiring save games or are you happy that you have discovered the root of the (main) problem?

@ shoome:

Our devs?

Eugene is the author of this and there is no one else behind the development. I'm just in charge of FMScout.com trying to organize and help as much as possible. Hopefully, Eugene will find it easier to work around the bugs this way and users might get a temporary solution to successfully run the program.

Happy to know save games without Scotland leagues work?

No, not really. What makes me happy is that Genie 10 was released and Eugene is still around. And I'm also happy because there will be a next version.

I wish SI didn't have that option to compress save games, or at least Genie wouldn't have a problem with them... that would save everyone lot of hassle lol

Keep getting a message while loading the program saying:

Cannot create file "C:\Windows\Fonts\verabd.ttf". Access is denied.

And later:

Error Loading Entity Number: 1227

File Position: 13721054

Database Version 1356

Contract data seems to be corrupt.

Please make sure that you are using the last version of FM Genie Scout and that the file is not corrupt.

If you are sure and still see this message, please send the dump file with information of an error to my site (use 'Report Bug' from menu and 'Help and Support') and it will be fixed in the near future.

Dump files are kept in te same folder as FM Genie Scout.

Thank you for the cooperation.

Team Container Type: 255.

@ wandsfan93:

It seems you are on Windows Vista or 7.

The first message should go away if you right-click on FMGenieScout.exe and "Run as administrator".

For the "contract data" error, do you have any leagues from Scotland loaded in your game? Try starting a new game without them and see if that works.

I wish SI didn't have that option to compress save games, or at least Genie wouldn't have a problem with them... that would save everyone lot of hassle lol

I'm sure the sterling efforts of those involved in this project are appreciated by all Stamatis. KUTGW, gentlemen.

My favourite FM tool. I donated last year before Eugene was treated disgracefully by a number of people. He also refunded my money without being asked when he released it to everyone.

Only problem is, I'm a Rangers fan and need Scotland loaded! Hopefully the next version with this problem fixed will be with us soon.

Keep up the good work Eugene.

Hi all, really disappointed that I can't get Genie Scout to work and plus can't report it as a bug ! I'm getting the error message ' Integer Overflow ' when i try to load up my main game. Have also tried my V2 of that game and i'm getting the error message of ' Error loading Entity Number: 567, File Position 39682361, Database version 1356, Person data seems to be corrupt. Please make sure that i'm using the latest version of FM Scout ( which I am ) blah blah blah.

Any one provide some assistance ???

Just started a game with Manchester United. And it worked to start with but after another save i get this error:

Error Loading Entity Number: 16373

File Position: 90164314

Database Version: 1356

Data files seems to be corrupt. Wanted to read 33554430 bytes, could only read 24324363

Anyone know what went wrong?

Starts loading but then always stops at (Loading People) screen and can't get past that...help.

I had that problem so I went on the FM Scout website and it told me to untick "Compress Save Games" in my preferences, so I did that and saved the game again and now it works.

I'm having a minor problem...

I'm playing in Spain, and some of the players names are coming up in the scout as their Vietnamese (I think?) translation.

For instance, Alberto in the game is shown as Nguyen Viet Binh by Genie Scout. This only seems to affect Spanish regens using Common Names (though not all of them).

I'm wondering if this is some sort of a conflict w/ the language databases, though I have used both English and English (US) with no luck.

Other than that, it works perfectly (without Scotland and post-patch!), great program!!! Thanks for any help in advance.

Guest josh9393

How do I search for players with just a single nationality?

For example, when I search for Irish players I get Wayne Rooney who has his nationality as England/Ireland. Obviously he cannot play for the Irish national team, so how do I search for only players who can? Thanks.

Archived