dafuge's FM10 challenge

Oh rats! Just took a look at my finances after my first regular season month and saw that we lost 30,000. At that rate, we'll be broke by January or February. I scheduled a bunch of friendlies, but I think I must have signed too many players. Since I'm so early into this challenge, I think I'll restart and try again. Hope that's allowed.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hednesford Season 5 (14/15)

Table

Graph

Main goal was to stay up, we did along with signing some really quality Spanish youth players, one of which my assman says could be a good PL player one day.

So over all good season, everything is on stable ground just need a few more players to push over top.

Cups:

FA Cup

Carling Cup

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Players:

McGeouch: Good season, was slowed by injuries.

Nielsen: Picked up on a free was solid why McGeouch was nursing his many injuries this season.

Rojo: Very promising youth I picked up from Spain, assman says he will be a good PL player one day...

Saez: My other good find in Spain, my hope is the pair of them will anchor the midfield for a long time to come.

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square North        1st        Promoted
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      1st        Promoted 
2012/13   League 2                 2nd        Promoted
2013/14   League 1                 6th        Promoted Through the Playoff
2014/15   CCC                      19th      

Next season: Build the depth, find some English youth.

Hello guys..

Im thinking about getting back into the game, but i dont know in which way:

1) Stay with my Kingstonian team who has won everything the last couple of years ( Im in year 2040 i think) and almost have an entire squad of own youth products

2) Stay within the save game but start over with a new club and take them all the way to beat Kingstonian in the Premier. ( I did this last year, was quite fun)

3) Start over with the new patch and everything... what to do, what to do..

I tend to play FML a bit more now. Trouble is with FM10 is that now my teams can easily score 150+goals per season in the Premier League and my top scorer can often score 100+ goals in all competitions. :(

However' date=' perhaps a spell in Wales or San Marino might do me good.[/quote']

Have you considered creating a new tactic from scratch that doesn't exploit the ME? It might bring the competitivenes back into the game for you.

Kingstonian Season Review Season 2018/19 League One

Media Prediction - 12th

Final Posistion 2nd

After my 2nd 9th place finish in a row, I had a clear out and brought in a new GK along with a new back 4 along with a couple of new forwards, this was a kinda of "all or bust" move as I was 3.5k over my wage budget.

We started off as we have done for the last few seasons by looking good one week before playing rubbish the next, I was confident that once the team gelled things would improve-and boy did they!

At the end of December we were 4th in the league and a long way behind run away leaders Bradford, we lost away to Wigan, this was to be our last loss for 21 games as we hit top form and started to hunt down Bradford. By the time we played Bradford at home in March we knew a win would send us top for the first time, we batterd them 4-0 and in truth it could (maybe should) have been more. From here we cruised on beating evryone in sight and scoring goals for fun.

With 4 games to go we were top but only a point clear of Wigan and 3 ahead of Bradford, it was then we decieded to lose our club record unbeaten run by losing away to MK Dons and dropped to second where we stayed till the end of the season despite losing our last away game to Southend, but thankfuly promotion was ours!!!!!!!!

League Cup - Our first win EVER in this compition! we then loat in the 2nd round!

FA Cup - One win, One loss

JPT - well after runners up last season,and our promotion run in the 2nd half of this season, I didnt really pay much attention until we got to the area semi final and beat Ipswich away on pens. In the area final we played Wycombe.After a 4-1 win away we cruised to a 3-0 home win to book our place in the final against Crewe - we win!!!!!

Just a quick note on my 2 main strikers - Banton and Waite they were the stars for this season

Aims for next season - stay up first,then see where we are

Manager Overview

Season 10/11 3rd BSS playoff winners

Season 11/12 1st BSP Champions!!!

Season 12/13 19th League Two

Season 13/14 6th League Two Playoff winners

Season 14/15 15th League One

Season 15/16 17th League One

Season 16/17 9th League One

Season 17/18 9th League One JPT Runners up

Season 19/19 2nd League One Runners up and JPT winners

Have you considered creating a new tactic from scratch that doesn't exploit the ME? It might bring the competitivenes back into the game for you.

Nah. Problem is at some point having won 3-0 at old Trafford I'll come across a game were 7 days later (with the same team and tactics) I'm at home to Derby County and they will be 3-0 up at half time having had 15 shots at goal with 10 on target or something completely unrealistic!

Then I think "well stuff this" and I'll be back to exploiting. :D

Merthyr Tydfil-Blue Square Premier 2012/13

League Table We should have walked it but Histon kept going and then also kept beating us. We got a chance to secure the title on the last day as all we had to do was win but we drew due to Subotic's goal for Sutton. Play-off Semi 1and 2

Playoff Final Two great goals and the match brought in some much needed money so all good

Fa cup We lost out to a far superior Crewe team.

Transfers The mass clear out of the team. It allowed me to rebuild and to sort out the wage budget and balance issues.

Squad Good strong squad.

Key Players

Mcshea Good player who was played across the front, the majority of his appearences came on the right where he would inflict great damage on the opposistion.

Morris The star of the defence once again, he was a rock.

Reynolds The ex-pompey defender was good but not as good as I hoped

Wilson What can I say? The academy product was the star of the team, top player could go quite far

Brown Not quite in the same league as Wilson but still a star, he played on the left wing or upfront as he seemed unable to play well in the hole behind the striker.

Career Overview

Season              League               Final Pos.          Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       Blue Square South             1st              Automatic Promotion                                   
2011/12       Blue Square Premier           5th              Lost in Playoffs
2012/13       Blue Square Premier           2nd              Promoted via Playoffs

Merthyr Tydfil-League Two-2013/14

League Table- Good safe midtable posistion however it promised so much after we won 2 out of 3 of our first games scoring 8 goals in the process

Transfers It promised so much but in the end I wasn't able to sign player who I needed to make this a back to back promotion.

Fa cup we made the fourth round against Leyton Orient who deystroyed us but we were able to beat Scunthorpe in the replay in the 3rd round which was a great achievement.

Squad No one impressed really we struggled for goals at times or would then struggle for defensive solidity.

Career Overview

Season              League               Final Pos.          Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       Blue Square South             1st              Automatic Promotion                                   
2011/12       Blue Square Premier           5th              Lost in Playoffs
2012/13       Blue Square Premier           2nd              Promoted via Playoffs
2013/14       League Two                    13th             N/A

Next season:

Rebuild the team and push for the play offs but I may have to break the bank to find players of a standard who could push the club on.

Nah. Problem is at some point having won 3-0 at old Trafford I'll come across a game were 7 days later (with the same team and tactics) I'm at home to Derby County and they will be 3-0 up at half time having had 15 shots at goal with 10 on target or something completely unrealistic!

Then I think "well stuff this" and I'll be back to exploiting. :D

So you think exploiting the match engine is more realistic then?

I can honestly say I've never had a significant problem with "unrealistic" results on FM10. Shock defeats happen, the same tactics will not work against every team, and noone would play the same against Derby County as against Man Utd.

Back on topic, having started the season with a 4-1 loss against Liverpool, our record is now P22 W20 D0 L2 - very happy :D

Farnborough FC 2013/2014 - BSP

I've decided to rewrite this, as I didn't really give any info to you all. Unfortunately, I'm at work at the moment, so I cannot produce any screenshots.

Well, the plan for this season (looking back at what I wrote when I was last playing this game) was to push for promotion. I thought we had a squad capable of doing the business, but it looks as though I was wrong - with the 'Boro finishing in mediocre circumstances 12th. I wouldn't say thats too bad, but the board were furious - at times media were putting pressure on me to be sacked. Strangely, I came second in manager of the season for BSP. God knows how that happened....

We struggled. There's no way around saying it, the team took too long to gel, having said that - we did win 6-0 on the opening day against Bournemouth. That was probably the highlight of the season. I did however manage sign Matthew Bates (ex Middlesbrough player) on a free and for a surprisingly little p/t weekly wage; that helped give our defence some stability as it was leaking goals from all angles. I tried to mix things up a little, even resorting to *gulp* 4-5-1 against the top teams, but they just took us apart.

The main problem was a lack of goals. Our midfield was solid, signing Derek Niven on a free gave Kaby the freedom through the middle and he banged a few goals in for us. However it was just not enough. Liam Dickinson signed from Brighton on a free gave us 20 goals, which is not a bad return, but I expected more from a League One player who has a good scoring record. When playing 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 he wouldn't link up properly and start 'disliking' other strikers (this was at the end of the season.) It's a shame I'm going to have to sell him. If he only had a problem with one player, it wouldn't be so bad, but its been 2 or 3 over the season. Tramnere are sniffing after him, so in all fairness he can go. My prolific £8 striker Robert McCormick had a dreadful season after starting so well with 4 in 3 games, his total goal tally for the season ended at 9. Not enough, so he will either rot in the reserves or be sold. He is looking to become a coach, so that might help in future.

The only real good to come out of this season was Caolan Logan. My attacking midfielder, come right winger, come striker had a good season - averaging over 7.0. Also, the club are financially stable and after having removed a large amount of deadwood at the end of June, I am confident that 'Boro can mount a push for Promotion next season.

Before I forget, I just got Gary Madine on a free at the end of the season. That's not bad eh!

Come on the 'Boro!!!

Farnborough Career

Season     League                       Position      Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South             2nd        Promotion
2011/12   Blue Square Premier           7th         None
2012/13   Blue Square Premier           8th         None
2013/14   Blue Square Premier          12th         None

Crispypaul - Boreham Wood - Season 2010/11 - Blue Square North

We were predicted 20th although bizarrely had odds of 8-1 to win the division. Which we did extremely comfortably in the end.

We had an easy run to the 3rd round of the FA Cup, including an impressive home win against BSP side Ebbsfleet. We ultimately went out in the 3rd round to an obviously good Sunderland.

Had a good run in the FA trophy which was ended away at Cambridge.

Our star players

Jabuti

Ryan Conroy

Martin Camano

Richard Brittain

Craig McShea

Man City did the double, Real Madrid won the European Cup and Napoli the Europa League.

I'm hoping to build up some momentum for the BSP and get another promotion.

Season        Division            Position                 Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       BSS                 1st                       Champions, Promoted

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2062/63

Over the last few years we have built what could the best squad we have ever had, so this really was a period of dominance for us.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We spent most of the season trailing Man Utd but eventually they fell apart to let us win yet another title.

Community Shield - it was a narrow win in a game that we should have won easily.

UEFA Super Cup - what a match, and what a way to win it.

FIFA Club World Cup - one of the easiest cup finals we'll ever have.

Carling Cup - we sneaked though on penalties, then got knocked out on penalties.

FA Cup - with the exception of QPR it was a dominant run to a thrilling final.

UEFA Champions League - we blasted our way through the Champions League this year with our free scoring football. Even with ten men, we dominated the final.

Squad - the attacking quality of this squad is awesome, but we do have a weak spot in our central defenders. I am aware of the number of foreigners creeping in but there just isn't the English talent available.

Transfers - a very quiet transfer window as we just brought in a few youngsters for backup.

Key Player Profiles:

Toni Crnjak - possibly the greatest free transfer ever.

Axier - the four strikers shared the goals between them but Axier was probably the pick of the four.

Hasan Aydin - one of his best ever seasons, which suggests he may well play into his thirties.

Lucas Lencina - not the greatest all round player but does superbly in his role on the wing.

Erwin Michaux - our second best striker this year.

Career Overview

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   9th
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   6th         Lost in playoff semi
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   4th         Promoted via playoffs
2019/20   Barclays Premier League  16th        
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  11th
2021/22   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup finalists
2022/23   Barclays Premier League  7th         Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
2023/24   Barclays Premier League  3rd
2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Champions League finalists
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Carling Cup finalists
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  2nd
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, and Carling Cup winners
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Club World Cup winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA and Carling Cup winners
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and Carling Cup winners
2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CWC FA and Carling Cup winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2036/37   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2037/38   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2038/39   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2039/40   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2040/41   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Carling Cup winners, Champions league finalists
2041/42   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2042/43   Barclays Premier League  5th         Club World Cup winners
2043/44   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Carling Cup and Europa League winners
2044/45   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and Carling Cup finalists
2045/46   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2046/47   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2047/48   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2048/49   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, and FA Cup winners
2049/50   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Club World Cup winners
2050/51   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners, FA Cup and CL finalists
2051/52   Barclays Premier League  4th    
2052/53   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners, FA Cup finalists
2053/54   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners
2054/55   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2055/56   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CWC, and FA Cup winners, CL finalists
2056/57   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners
2057/58   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2058/59   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CWC, and CL winners, FA Cup finalists
2059/60   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League, CWC, and CL winners
2060/61   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CWC, and FA Cup winners, Carling Cup and CL finalists
2061/62   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2062/63   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC and FA Cup winners

Next Season

One more year until Dafuge Park is built, so next year will just be about balancing the finances with the big loan repayments. There could also be yet another takeover on the way.

You make me Jealous!

FC United of Manchester - Season I, 2010-11

home.png

Media Prediction 22th

Final Position 1st

League Table

League Player Stats

FA Trophy - Fixtures|Final - Unlucky defeat in Final game ..

FA Cup - 1st Round

Squad

First Team

Top Players

Julio Eduardo Santa Cruz - BSN MVP of the season and top goalscorer and most assists in a league

Jabuti - second best striker in league

Nicky Fish - best midfielder we have

Connor McLaughlin - solid rock in defence

Club Information

Transfers

Finances

Confidence

Awards

BSN Manager of the season

My Stats

My Most Memorable Victory

Next Season

• Improve squad and get rid of dead wood
  • Push for promotion

[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=5609438&postcount=7979"]2010/11[/url]   Blue Square North        1st         League Winners - Promotion

I didn't want to post until I finished my first season because I have a tendency to give up halfway through games. But this game looks promising:

Manager Profile

I haven't looked at the vast majority of posts in this topic to avoid finding players, etc., but I did read a few pages, enough to notice that Boston United seems to be a really popular choice. Oh well... I imagine it doesn't make much of a difference after a few seasons (except we do have a relatively large ground).

Anyway, we were predicted to finish 18th at the beginning of the season. My goal was a playoff spot. Going into the last day of the season, we were in 2nd place and I needed to win and have 1st place Barrow to lose to 20th place Stafford in order to win the title. Needless to say I had the latest scores window open for the duration of the game... we did our part:

Boston 4 - 1 Corby

But it doesn't matter because Barrow destroyed Stafford, right?

Nope!

Way to leave it late there... Blue Square Premier, here we come! Barrow actually had an epic late season collapse, losing the last 3 matches of the season when 1 draw of the 3 would have secured the title.

I feel really bad for Barrow... not.

Some of my star players:

Spencer Weir-Daley - the only regular first teamer who was at the club when I took over. He was banging in the goals during the first half of the season - I think he had like 16 in the first 20 matches. But obviously he's not actually that good, even for the BSN level, and he came back down to earth in the 2nd half. Scored a couple of vital goals as a supersub though... Fortunately this midseason signing took over:

Daryl Clare - if he had pace or height, he would be a great player. As it is I'm not sure I will renew his contract, because we happen to have a lot of depth up front.

Leon Osborne - dribbling + pace = great BSN winger.

Thomas Pinault - this guy might as well be Zidane at this level. Even then, his lack of stamina meant he only finished like 5 games in the entire season.

2010/11   Blue Square North        1st         League Winners - Promotion

Has anyone noticed that BSS/BSN are much easier to be promoted from than the BSP. I've really struggled to get out of that league.

Update with my latest season:

4th in December. Tactics shake-up, squad rebuild and staff changes have really boosted my team to new levels. My main striker Liam Dickinson has been on fire this season... Glad I kept him! Getting offers from Tramnere (25k) for him, turning down everytime! Also I have a RB thats valued at 100k :S

Go Boro!

Long time no see Dafuge's challengers! As some old-timers may remember, I posted a lot in the FM09 challenge with my Merthyr side, and I tried again on FM10 with King's Lynn (got to the Premiership until a stadium improvement bug ruined my game). Well, I was getting bored with my current career game, and decided to give this another go. The good thing is that I still have an old save, where I restarted this challenge with Merthyr. So I can pick up where I left off, sitting 2nd in the BSP after 14 games in my fourth season.

My previous updates;

Season 1: BSS - Finished 11th

Season 2: BSS - Finished 1st

Season 3: BSP - Finished 4th, lost in playoffs

Lets see if I can hit the ground running...

Has anyone noticed that BSS/BSN are much easier to be promoted from than the BSP. I've really struggled to get out of that league.

Update with my latest season:

4th in December. Tactics shake-up, squad rebuild and staff changes have really boosted my team to new levels. My main striker Liam Dickinson has been on fire this season... Glad I kept him! Getting offers from Tramnere (25k) for him, turning down everytime! Also I have a RB thats valued at 100k :S

Go Boro!

yeah I noticed that on my last lower league game, Dover Athletic in FM09. got promoted on the first try (with a pretty crap squad I must say), but didn't get anywhere in the next 3 seasons in BSP.

also yeah I have a random player (20 year old AM C from Portsmouth's youth academy) who is valued at 120k. my coaches think he's good enough to play in League One...

Up until FM10 I'd never gotten out of the BSP with this challenge! Just could not get my head round it. Best chance I ever got (before '10) was in 09 with FC United, had a far better squad than any of the rest of the league but went on an awful run to begin with, and was playing catchup. Sneaked into the playoffs with title-winning form over the second half of the season, demolished the team in the semi-final, and was all set to march into League football... except we lost 1-0 in the final. Gah.

My loanees wouldn't come back to me, lost a couple of other key men on frees, and that was that. Played another half season and gave up IIRC.

Just sealed promotion from the BSP with one game remaining. Kettering needed to get a better result than me to stay in the chase for the final day, but they got hammered 4-1 by 17th placed Droylesden! I also managed a rare thrashing, beating mid-table Southport 5-1.

But to be honest, coming back to this save from another BSP game and seeing how good my squad was compared to that, I would have been extremely disappointed if we hadn't at least got promotion. Especially after I figured out my back four and got a loaned goalie in. Report to come soon...

CANVEY ISLAND SEASON 1 - 2010/11

League - BSS

The league went well for us as once we got to the top we stayed there all season. We won the league with 3 games of the season left to go.

League Table

Position Graph

Cup Competitions

The FA cup went fairly well with us getting to the 1st round before going out to Walsall. We were so unlucky in this game and were on for a replay before they put 2 past us.

Meanwhile the FA Trophy was a disaster with us going out to Maidenhead.

Transfers

Transfers in and out

As you can see there have been a lot of transfers in and out. The best signings have been Jabuti, Lake-Edwards, Gowland and Sydes.

Key Players

Jefferson Gowland A great player in the middle of the park. Signed after Fulham let him go.

Jabuti Slight cheat here as he 's been good for others. Scored 32 goals in all competitions and would have scored more if he wasn't injured for 6 weeks.

Darryl Sydes Sydes has been a great middle of the park player with Gowland.

Jack Macleod Has been great down the right wing all season.

Alex Bentley Bentley has been a revelation at right back playing nigh on every game this season.

I was awarded the Manager of the Year award

History

[b]Season      League                Achievements[/b]
[b]------------------------------------------------------[/b]
[b]2010/11     Blue Square South     Champions, Promoted[/b]

CANVEY ISLAND 100 CLUB

Player        League Appearances         Goals
---------------------------------------------------
Nobody as yet

Gypsum's Merthyr Tydfil - End of season update - 2013/14

Blue square premier - League table - Positions graph

Media prediction - 13th

Final position - 1st

The graph flatters us a bit, as Kettering pushed us all the way (and were extremely unlucky to lose in the playoff final themselves). Our performances improved throughout the season. Particularly when we picked up goalkeeper Gerard O'Toole on loan and I discovered my most solid back four. From there it was fairly plain sailing and we picked up a few good results thanks to our counter-attacking style, with pacy strikers and technically sound attacking midfielders. But it's always nice to crack 100 points, and a +50 goal difference is something to be proud of.

Squad info;

Squad selection

Transfers

Key players;

Steven Lennon - ST - Lennon had another excellent season for us, as the former Rangers player bagged 31 goals in 40 appearances with a 7.45 rating. Taking his league total for Merthyr to a superb 89 goals in 122 games. His pace, dribbling and finishing have been too much for defences at this level, although i'm not sure he could carry this for through to League 2. He was also awarded BSP player of the season, league's 2nd highest scorer and named in the BSP team of the year.

Abdulai Bell-Baggie - AMR/ST - The former Reading forward signed for us on a free at the beginning of the season, and his technical ability proved invaluable in the chase for the title. Although he struggled for a first team place near the beginning of the season playing either up front or on the right-wing as needed, he still made a total of 35 appearances with 10 goals, 12 assists and a 7.20 rating and his goals in the final few games were crucial in securing first place.

Marc Laird - MC - Another free signing at the beginning of the term, the former Man City, Millwall and Rotherham player was superb for us in the playmaker role. His final passing and through balls were at times sensational, and helped him claim a club record 18 assists in 48 appearances with a 7.11 rating.

Carlos Gonzalez - DM/MRC - One of my star signings this season, the 20 year-old Costa Rican was released from the Tottenham youth system before we snapped him up on a free. He went on to make 33 appaearances with a 7.10 rating. And his performances in the latter part of the season and ever-increasing technical stats have established him as one for the future.

Season           League            Position              Other   achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?158987-dafuge-s-FM10-challenge&p=4934281#post4934281"]2010/11[/url]           BSS                11th       
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?158987-dafuge-s-FM10-challenge&p=4965459#post4965459"]2011/12[/url]           BSS                1st                 League   champions
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?158987-dafuge-s-FM10-challenge&p=4992433#post4992433"]2012/13[/url]           BSP                4th                 Playoff  semi-finalists       
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?158987-dafuge-s-FM10-challenge&p=5632682&viewfull=1#post5632682"]2013/14[/url]           BSP                1st                      

Oxford City - Blue Square South - 2011/12

This season we were predicted to be 10th. I thought we would easily do better but then I found out that the owners weren't willing to invest money in the club to take us out of the red. This means I had to get rid of quite a few players who would establish us as a good side.

League Table

Due to me being a little lazy with my print screening, I can only give you my league table and not the league positions. :o Basically unlike the other season we did spend much of our time out of the playoffs. At one stage we were as low as 13th and playoffs didn't look likely. I was thinking that maybe I shouldn't have bought as many players the previous season. We didn't really get going till march and somehow managed to get as high as 2nd with about two month to go. Unfortunately a few bad results saw us finish 4th. We were in the playoffs!!! As you can see from my rather mistimed screenshot I didn't get promoted... I'll still give you the playoff matches.

Playoff Semi Final Leg 1

I felt confident about this match as we finished the season with good form. One of my few centre backs got injured though just before the game for a few week which kind of ruined everything. We was exploited twice and we needed a good away performance to recover.

Playoff Semi Leg 2

We didn't look like scoring the entire first half. The second half started and half way through we were finished off by a penalty. Nasty way to end a season. Now we're out of debt though so should start the next season confidently

FA Cup-Unfortunately an early exit for me in this competition against lower league position. It was a bad result but it meant we could concentrate on the league.

FA Trophy-A lot better than the FA Cup as we reached the first round seeing off nuneaton on penalties. The higher Stevenage disposed with us easily though as we went crashing out.

Transfers At first you would think that I didn't sell that much, but we didn't have that many players at the time anyway. So this really hurt us. Two good signings in Lewis Emanuel and Billy Mckay and loan signing of Joe Day helped us get that 4th place. Mckay especially as he grabbed 23 goals. He didn't get a high rating though so is left out the key players this season.

Squad-Again due to my mistimed print screening this is what I had to use for squad. As you can see there isn't any amazing performances but this is the team that quite simply were the only players who got us to that 4th position. With us out of debt there will be some better players coming in next season

Best Player Profile:

Dale Moon-This player was quite solid all season and saved us from missing out on the playoffs. Great performance from the centre back

Career Overview

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square North          2nd       playoffs semi finalists
2011/12   Blue Square North          4th       playoffs semi finalists

Next Season

With a few signings that with our increasing reputation should be the best we had... surely next season is our year ?

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2063/64

The club is really dominating now, all we can do is to try and emulate what we achieved last season.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We lost our opening match (to Swansea!) so we spent the first part of the season chasing the pack. Once we caught them it was it was yet another easy title.

Community Shield - could have gone either way but our keeper helped us earn the win.

UEFA Super Cup - a nice easy win.

FIFA Club World Cup - it could have been more but it was still a good win.

Carling Cup - it was a dominant run to an easy final.

FA Cup - we sneaked through a couple of rounds but saved our best for the final.

UEFA Champions League - we were blasting our way through but came unstuck in the semi final as Juventus somehow beat us home and away.

Squad - our attack is still a lot stronger than our defence, but I just can't seem to get hold of any decent central defenders.

Transfers - a couple of talented youngsters were brought in and the squad was trimmed to make a tidy profit. It was a shame to sell Marcio but he just wasn't getting in the team.

Key Player Profiles:

Axier - his goalscoring record this season was superb.

Sebastiano Costacurta - I was considering selling him but he's done really well.

Toni Crnjak - brilliance yet again.

Hasan Aydin - he may be getting on a bit but he's still great.

Mitchell Jansen - he may not be a first choice but he's been great in the games he's played.

Career Overview

Season     League                   Position  Achievements
2010/11    Blue Square South        5th       Promoted via playoffs
2011/12    Blue Square Premier      8th
2012/13    Blue Square Premier      2nd       Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2013/14    Coca-Cola League 2       6th       Lost in playoff final
2014/15    Coca-Cola League 2       1st       Promoted as champions
2015/16    Coca-Cola League 1       4th       Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
2016/17    Coca-Cola Championship   9th
2017/18    Coca-Cola Championship   6th       Lost in playoff semi
2018/19    Coca-Cola Championship   4th       Promoted via playoffs
2019/20    Barclays Premier League  16th 
2020/21    Barclays Premier League  11th
2021/22    Barclays Premier League  3rd       FA Cup finalists
2022/23    Barclays Premier League  7th       Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
2023/24    Barclays Premier League  3rd      
2024/25    Barclays Premier League  5th       Champions League finalists
2025/26    Barclays Premier League  3rd       Carling Cup finalists
2026/27    Barclays Premier League  2nd
2027/28    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
2028/29    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists
2029/30    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2030/31    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC, and Carling Cup winners
2031/32    Barclays Premier League  3rd       Club World Cup winners
2032/33    Barclays Premier League  2nd       FA and Carling Cup winners
2033/34    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL and Carling Cup winners
2034/35    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC FA and Carling Cup winners
2035/36    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2036/37    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2037/38    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
2038/39    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2039/40    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2040/41    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Carling Cup winners, Champions league finalists
2041/42    Barclays Premier League  3rd       FA Cup and Champions League winners
2042/43    Barclays Premier League  5th       Club World Cup winners
2043/44    Barclays Premier League  2nd       Carling Cup and Europa League winners
2044/45    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and Carling Cup finalists
2045/46    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2046/47    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2047/48    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
2048/49    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC, and FA Cup winners
2049/50    Barclays Premier League  2nd       Club World Cup winners
2050/51    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners, FA Cup and CL finalists
2051/52    Barclays Premier League  4th       
2052/53    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners, FA Cup finalists
2053/54    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners
2054/55    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
2055/56    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, and FA Cup winners, CL finalists
2056/57    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners
2057/58    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2058/59    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, and CL winners, FA Cup finalists
2059/60    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League, CWC, and CL winners
2060/61    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, and FA Cup winners, Carling Cup and CL finalists
2061/62    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2062/63    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC and FA Cup winners
2063/64    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC Carling Cup and FA Cup winners 

Next Season

We are due to move into the 93366 capacity Dafuge Park in June so we may finally be able to start making a profit. No news yet on a takeover but I have a feeling it may start next season.

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2063/64

The club is really dominating now, all we can do is to try and emulate what we achieved last season.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We lost our opening match (to Swansea!) so we spent the first part of the season chasing the pack. Once we caught them it was it was yet another easy title.

Community Shield - could have gone either way but our keeper helped us earn the win.

UEFA Super Cup - a nice easy win.

FIFA Club World Cup - it could have been more but it was still a good win.

Carling Cup - it was a dominant run to an easy final.

FA Cup - we sneaked through a couple of rounds but saved our best for the final.

UEFA Champions League - we were blasting our way through but came unstuck in the semi final as Juventus somehow beat us home and away.

Squad - our attack is still a lot stronger than our defence, but I just can't seem to get hold of any decent central defenders.

Transfers - a couple of talented youngsters were brought in and the squad was trimmed to make a tidy profit. It was a shame to sell Marcio but he just wasn't getting in the team.

Key Player Profiles:

Axier - his goalscoring record this season was superb.

Sebastiano Costacurta - I was considering selling him but he's done really well.

Toni Crnjak - brilliance yet again.

Hasan Aydin - he may be getting on a bit but he's still great.

Mitchell Jansen - he may not be a first choice but he's been great in the games he's played.

Career Overview

Season     League                   Position  Achievements
2010/11    Blue Square South        5th       Promoted via playoffs
2011/12    Blue Square Premier      8th
2012/13    Blue Square Premier      2nd       Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2013/14    Coca-Cola League 2       6th       Lost in playoff final
2014/15    Coca-Cola League 2       1st       Promoted as champions
2015/16    Coca-Cola League 1       4th       Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
2016/17    Coca-Cola Championship   9th
2017/18    Coca-Cola Championship   6th       Lost in playoff semi
2018/19    Coca-Cola Championship   4th       Promoted via playoffs
2019/20    Barclays Premier League  16th 
2020/21    Barclays Premier League  11th
2021/22    Barclays Premier League  3rd       FA Cup finalists
2022/23    Barclays Premier League  7th       Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
2023/24    Barclays Premier League  3rd      
2024/25    Barclays Premier League  5th       Champions League finalists
2025/26    Barclays Premier League  3rd       Carling Cup finalists
2026/27    Barclays Premier League  2nd
2027/28    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
2028/29    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists
2029/30    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2030/31    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC, and Carling Cup winners
2031/32    Barclays Premier League  3rd       Club World Cup winners
2032/33    Barclays Premier League  2nd       FA and Carling Cup winners
2033/34    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL and Carling Cup winners
2034/35    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC FA and Carling Cup winners
2035/36    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2036/37    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2037/38    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
2038/39    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2039/40    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2040/41    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Carling Cup winners, Champions league finalists
2041/42    Barclays Premier League  3rd       FA Cup and Champions League winners
2042/43    Barclays Premier League  5th       Club World Cup winners
2043/44    Barclays Premier League  2nd       Carling Cup and Europa League winners
2044/45    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and Carling Cup finalists
2045/46    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2046/47    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2047/48    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
2048/49    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC, and FA Cup winners
2049/50    Barclays Premier League  2nd       Club World Cup winners
2050/51    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners, FA Cup and CL finalists
2051/52    Barclays Premier League  4th       
2052/53    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners, FA Cup finalists
2053/54    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners
2054/55    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
2055/56    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, and FA Cup winners, CL finalists
2056/57    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners
2057/58    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2058/59    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, and CL winners, FA Cup finalists
2059/60    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League, CWC, and CL winners
2060/61    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, and FA Cup winners, Carling Cup and CL finalists
2061/62    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2062/63    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC and FA Cup winners
2063/64    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC Carling Cup and FA Cup winners 

Next Season

We are due to move into the 93366 capacity Dafuge Park in June so we may finally be able to start making a profit. No news yet on a takeover but I have a feeling it may start next season.

Wow still doing well :) When are you going to stop this game. when fm11 comes out or when this can't possibly go any further

My aim is to keep going until FM2011 is released, hopefully I'll be able to do that.

I've not had too much time to do this challenge due to exams. I'm hoping to get it done by october though now that I'm free from them :D To get to your achievements would be astonishing :eek:

I've taken Nuneaton town all the way to the premiership, and I'm actually currently topping the league... BUT...disaster really, I seem to have lost all interest.

I'm going to start again.

There I said it... :)

EDIT: I think it's probably due to me caving in and downloading a tactic. I went from Premiership also rans to contenders overnight. I cant remember what it's called but it's a 4123,.. tactics really shouldnt make this much difference, but it does serve to show how tactically inept I must be at the top levels... I didn't have massive trouble getting the premier, just struggled like hell once I got there!

Boston United - Blue Square Premier - 2011/12

Media prediction: 23rd

Actual finish: 2nd (lost in playoff final)

Transfers

That just about sums it up, really. I was hoping for a top-half finish; what I got was a 36 match unbeaten run to end the season in 2nd place. Unfortunately we lost the playoff final to Wrexham 1-0, with star striker Chris Dickson playing with injections on a broken wrist. :(

Some nice moments:

Danny Swailes wonder goal - finished 3rd place in Goal of the Season. Swailes, of course, is a central defender, and not a very good one at that.

Player of the Month sweep

Chris Dickson 11 goals in 6 matches

There were really 2 players who stood out above everyone else:

Chris Dickson - won Best Player, Top Goalscorer, broke the Blue Square Premier record for goals in a season, and on top of that he finished tied for 1st in assists with...

Tom Kilbey. This guy ran the midfield all year, and he's only 21 years old. A great all-around player.

I'm already a few games into the next season - this time around I'm going for 1st place. Bought Dickson a half-decent strike partner - Stephen Elliott, 28 year old striker who must have the lowest ambition of any professional footballer, choosing to join Boston when there were League One clubs looking at him. Oh well, so much the better for me!

Oxford_City_FC_logo.png

Oxford City

Season 1 - 2010/11 – Blue Square North

Preseason - Media Prediction: 22nd

The First Step

Club Info

My first season with Oxford City. This will be relatively short as I forgot to do the screens before the 25th June. The media predicted relegation, the board wanted me to avoid relegation. But in usual fashion, I went for promotion.

The Season

The season couldn’t have gone any better. Massive goal count, great players all round. Greenhalgh being the usual god he is. My old school friend Mark Gillespie doing a good job between the sticks. Jabuti was godlike alongside Birchall. In the cups, we did terribly. In the league however, a great success.

Blue Square North Table

Transfers | Squad

Confidence | Finances

Manager of the Season

Jordan Swinburn

The Jordan Swinburn Award (The Surprise of the Season award)

Jabuti’s 10 against Boston United, in the 6-0 trashing. This guy is too good.

The Millward Player Choice Award (Manager's Player of the Year)

Jabuti

Jabuti. What can you say. The man is a goal machine. 42 league games, 43 goals. Rightly the top scorer in the league. Overall he played 50 games and scored 49. He also assisted 19 and got 13 Man of the Match awards. Hoping for another good signing from the Spaniard next season.

Fan's Player of the Year

Jabuti

Aims for next season, going for another promotion. Better cup runs would be nice.

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11         Blue Square North         1st            Promoted - Champions

I wanted to take a proper stab at this, but after aprox 97(3,5 hours nonstop) loads and reloads. I can't get Aveley or Bashley up. So I've decided to go for a few more years on vacation. Reading that some people have seen atleast aveley up later. Shouldn't interfere with the rules I think, but I'll loose out on all the decent players suggested in this thread :)

Archived