dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I got Rushden & Diamonds who beat me 1-0 thanks to a goal from a striker who I had last season and couldn't get into my side! :(

Beat Cambridge City who are in the league above for the 1st FA Trophy round too.

After 17 games I'm 2nd in the league, 1 point off the top, got another cracking player on loan from Lincoln, a striker this time, who has 9 goals and 6 assists in the league, I've also signed the LB who they loaned me last season. signed a Ghanian and Togolese CM pairing on free transfers after offering them trials and they're dominating the middle of the park.

Promotion is on the cards hopefully, should have an end of season update tomorrow or Sunday.

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2067/68

Finally last season we won the Champions League so it was time to start looking for a new challenge. Over the last few years my squad had been slowly filling with foreigners so I have been looking to bring in English players and give my youth players a chance once again.

League Table

League Positions Graph

For only the second time ever we have gone unbeaten, although it came very close in game number 36.

Community Shield - Ipswich were good but we got the win.

UEFA Super Cup - another even game but another win.

FIFA Club World Cup - this time we dominated, but struggled to the win.

Carling Cup - two penalty shootout wins took us to the final, which we won with a late goal.

FA Cup - no idea how this happened but we got thumped by a Championship side.

UEFA Champions League - one of the easiest runs and finals we'll ever play.

Squad - the defence is now one of the strongest elements of our team and the English quota is going up.

Transfers - lots of action as we brought in one superb Bosman and three overpriced Englishmen and sold an overrated striker to Man Utd witha silly goals clause.

Key Player Profiles:

Dave Sparrow - he scored 14 last season, I wasn't expecting this.

Axier - the sale of Michaux seems to have had an effect here at least.

Geoff Tynan - the youngster is progressing nicely.

Maximilian Reinhardt - in his old age he's had one of his best seasons ever.

Giovanni Aiello - a great free transfer.

Career Overview

Season     League                   Position  Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11    Blue Square South        5th       Promoted via playoffs
2011/12    Blue Square Premier      8th
2012/13    Blue Square Premier      2nd       Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2013/14    Coca-Cola League 2       6th       Lost in playoff final
2014/15    Coca-Cola League 2       1st       Promoted as champions
2015/16    Coca-Cola League 1       4th       Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
2016/17    Coca-Cola Championship   9th
2017/18    Coca-Cola Championship   6th       Lost in playoff semi
2018/19    Coca-Cola Championship   4th       Promoted via playoffs
2019/20    Barclays Premier League  16th 
2020/21    Barclays Premier League  11th
2021/22    Barclays Premier League  3rd       FA Cup finalists
2022/23    Barclays Premier League  7th       Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
2023/24    Barclays Premier League  3rd      
2024/25    Barclays Premier League  5th       Champions League finalists
2025/26    Barclays Premier League  3rd       Carling Cup finalists
2026/27    Barclays Premier League  2nd
2027/28    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
2028/29    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists
2029/30    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2030/31    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC, and Carling Cup winners
2031/32    Barclays Premier League  3rd       Club World Cup winners
2032/33    Barclays Premier League  2nd       FA and Carling Cup winners
2033/34    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL and Carling Cup winners
2034/35    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC FA and Carling Cup winners
2035/36    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2036/37    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2037/38    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
2038/39    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2039/40    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2040/41    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Carling Cup winners, Champions league finalists
2041/42    Barclays Premier League  3rd       FA Cup and Champions League winners
2042/43    Barclays Premier League  5th       Club World Cup winners
2043/44    Barclays Premier League  2nd       Carling Cup and Europa League winners
2044/45    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and Carling Cup finalists
2045/46    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2046/47    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2047/48    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
2048/49    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC, and FA Cup winners
2049/50    Barclays Premier League  2nd       Club World Cup winners
2050/51    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners, FA Cup and CL finalists
2051/52    Barclays Premier League  4th       
2052/53    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners, FA Cup finalists
2053/54    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners
2054/55    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
2055/56    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, and FA Cup winners, CL finalists
2056/57    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners
2057/58    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2058/59    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, and CL winners, FA Cup finalists
2059/60    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League, CWC, and CL winners
2060/61    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, and FA Cup winners, Carling Cup and CL finalists
2061/62    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2062/63    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC and FA Cup winners
2063/64    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC Carling Cup and FA Cup winners
2064/65    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, Carling Cup and FA Cup winners, CL finalists
2065/66    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, Carling Cup and FA Cup winners, CL finalists
2066/67    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2067/68    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, Champions League and Carling Cup winners

Next Season

I'm going to continue to give my youth plyers chances in the hope of perhaps reviving my earlier challenge.

Boston United 2011/12

Blue Square North

Media Prediction: 13th

Board Expectations: Mid-Table Finish

Final League Position: 1st

FA Cup: 2nd Round

FA Trophy: 2nd Round

Excellent season for me, was hoping for promotion through the play-offs, so to be promoted champions was a nice suprise. It was a very close finish to the season with me finishing top of the league on goals scored, being saved by an 82nd minute equaliser in the last game of the season by an injured Neil Wood who came off the bench after recieving an injection for a groin injury in the previous match. In fact I didn't realise just how close it was, I knew going into the last day of the season a draw would likely be enough to see me promoted as champions, however, what I didn't realise was that if I drew, and Eastwood won by a 3 goal margin they would go up on goal difference, they won 4-2, leaving me to finish top, hanging by a thread.

I did pretty well in the cups too, getting to the 2nd round of the FA Cup, beating AFC Wimbledom on the way, before succumbing to Rushden & Diamonds and a strike from my own ex-striker Kilheeney, who I moved on due to his lack of goal scoring in my first season. I also got to the 2nd round of the FA Trophy, beating BSP side Cambridge United in the 1st round, before losing 2-1 to Blyth while I was in a horrible run of fixture congestion and was playing with players who only had fitness in the 70% range.

My transfers for the season, with more going out than in to lower the high wage bill, this left me a bit short handed at times, however, while lacking somewhat in quantity, the overall quality of the team was better this time round. Here is what my squad looked like with a full break down of stats.

Here is a breakdown of the players stats for my league this season.

Player of the season: Yoann Folly

I offered this guy a trial in the summer, and didn't think he'd consider joining me as his attributes were far too good for a BSN player I thought, however, he was more than happy to come, and was, in my opinion, my most important player. While Hutchinson grabbed the headlines for his goals and assists, this guy basically ran the midfield, and we missed him a lot when he was out as I don't have another midfielder of his quality, where as I think we could have concieveably coped without Hutchinson as we had Traynor on the bench to fill in his role. Folly is now attracting interest from league clubs so I may well lose him this off season.

Key Players

Luca Colemann-Carr: Signed on a permanent basis after his successful loan in his season before, formed an integral part of the defence and offered good support on the wing.

Andrew Hutchinson: Lincoln seem to be a good place for me to find loans, this guy scored and assisted in abundance, I hope I can sign him permanently or at least get a new loan deal for him next season as I feel he could be integral to our chances in the BSP.

Craig Westcarr: Provided excellent width on the right, his all-round play was excellent.

Michael Wilde: Hutchinson's strike partner for most of the season, a much better season this time round and he was a good foil for Hutchinson, while scoring a fair few goals himself.

Neil Wood: Wasn't a starter for most of the season, but when injury struck he filled in excellently, and created lots of goals. Also got that all important late equaliser so we could win the league.

Other Notable Players:

Bobby Traynor: Relegated largely to a bench role with the arrival of Hutchinson, but was an excellent impact player, grabbing me a fair few late winners and equalisers.

Lee Canovile: The captain was once again solid at RB, although now he's 30, he may have to be replaced in the starting line up for next season.

Joseph Boayke: Young Ghanaian midfielder played the holding role well before he got injured, forming a good partnership with Folly.

Dean Bradbury: Regen from the youth system who did really well when shoved into the first team halfway through the season, replacing Cowan who was continually being ripped apart.

Aim for next season: Safety, maybe a nice lower mid-table finish.

Career Overview

Season         League                  Position            Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11        Blue Square North       13th                    
2011/12        Blue Square North       1st                 Promoted as champions

Boston United - 2014/15 - League One

Media prediction: 24th

Actual finish: 19th

League table

So after a whirlwind of 3 promotions in four years, we finally came down to earth and finished in the bottom half of the table - too close to the relegation zone if you ask me. The main reason was that I revamped the entire squad, making around 20 signings over the course of the season (and a corresponding number of sold / released players). The lack of consistency hurt us this year, but at least the squad had players who were actually good enough for this level!

Here were my 2 "star players" (neither of them was actually that good):

Tom Kilbey - leading goalscorer from midfield... we didn't exactly have a world class attack

Luca Pozzi - without this guy's goals in the second half of the season, we might have gone down

match of the season in my books.

and here's a gem from my inspirational vice captain: "lads, we need to win 0 of the next 2 games!"

next season's goal: a top half finish.

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11         Blue Square North         1st            Promoted - Champions
2011/12         Blue Square Premier       2nd            Lost in Playoff Final
2012/13         Blue Square Premier       1st            Promoted - Champions
2013/14         League Two                1st            Promoted - Champions
2014/15         League One                19th           None

The much delayed season review

Cambridge City - 2011/12 - Blue Square Premier

Media prediction: 24th

Actual finish: 1st - Promoted

League Table

Transfers

Started off almost bringing in a new team, Only 3 players who were in last years starting line-up kept there place in the line-up. In the league we were always in battle with Oxford for promotion, but a few poor performances in the season meant I was aiming for play-off's, but Oxford finished the season badly which meant i could win the league :D

Highlight of the season was winning the FA trophy Lowlight was not truly competing in the FA Cup

Squad

Star Player

James Forrest

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11         Blue Square South         1st            Promoted - Champions
2011/12         Blue Square Premier       1st            Promoted - Champions, FA Trophy winners

I hope its not too late to start this? I had a brilliant careere on FM. Not quite like this but it was my local side worcester in BSS. took them to back-to-back prem titles, with a uefa cup win. Then my laptop broke!!! anyway I'll try and gove this challenge a go, at least until FM 11 is released. I apologise in advance if I mess up Screenshots etc!

Wish me luck! :D

I hope its not too late to start this? I had a brilliant careere on FM. Not quite like this but it was my local side worcester in BSS. took them to back-to-back prem titles, with a uefa cup win. Then my laptop broke!!! anyway I'll try and gove this challenge a go, at least until FM 11 is released. I apologise in advance if I mess up Screenshots etc!

Wish me luck! :D

It is never too late to start, best of luck :thup:

Thanks mate, and great idea for a challenge! I'll (attempt to) get my first screenshot up soon when I take over a club! Ohh I hope its Merthyr (was them on 09) or Halesowen (local-ish and friends hometown)

Halesowen are my local club, tried and tried to get them, but they don't have a very high rep, so I never got them :(

I remember them getting promoted on my Worcester City, but that might have been a few seasons in to be fair. Are you allowed to save the game and retry to see what different teams get promoted then, or do you get what you're given and stick with that choice of teams initally promoted?

Thanks man! Im gonna try hard to get Halesowen I think. If not then I want another team with a rep which is less than 1000, based on the list on page 1. It'll make it a bit tougher plus it will add a bit of variation to the thread as not many others will have it.

Sorry guys, as you can see I managed to get the screen shot up, but I don't know how to hyperlink it to only come up when the text is clicked. I tried following the instructions on page one but in the quick links tab, there was no 'edit options'. Any help would be great.

Anyway in the mean time Im going to start out my journey with Chippenham Town!

My challenge is over as the save game has refused to load. I had reached the Premiership and in my first season I shockingly qualified for Europa league due to the league being of an abysmal standard. I had just spent lots of time redoing the squad aswell :(

Hastings United 2010/11

Blue Square South

Media Prediction: 21st

Board Expectations: Avoid Relegation

Final League Position: 2nd (Promoted Through Playoffs)

FA Trophy: 3rd Qualifying Round

FA Cup: 1st Round

I started the season very poorly losing 6 out my first 12 leaving us 15th in the league and a long way away from being seen as potential promotion candidates, although I do blame the poor start due to the fact that it was always going to take time for my squad consisting of 22 new signings including three loanees to blend. I started to pick up form in around late october/early november and began to climb my way towards the top three where I stayed for the rest of the season only losing two more games but was still unable to catch Eastleigh at the top resulting in us having to play in the playoffs. We managed to fend off Havant and Waterlooville in the semi-finals 4-2 on aggregate and managed to scrape past Truro on penalties meaning that I will have to be shake up Hastings again next season so that we can survive in the Blue Square Premier.

Key Player

John Marquis : I loaned him from Millwall from 31.12.10 as my team was lacking firepower and he went on set the league alight in the second half of the season scoring 20 goals in 24 appearances with 10 assists and an average rating of 7.61

League Table

Finances (as of 1st June 2011)

Sorry guys, as you can see I managed to get the screen shot up, but I don't know how to hyperlink it to only come up when the text is clicked. I tried following the instructions on page one but in the quick links tab, there was no 'edit options'. Any help would be great.

The option seems to have moved with the forum upgrade.

Here's the new version:

How to Add Links

At the top of the forum, go to 'Settings' then 'General Settings' (on the left). At the bottom, select 'enhanced interface' and save the changes. This will give you access to the extra posting tools that make it easier to post links. Once you've done this, highlight the word you wish to turn into a link, then use the link button (looks like a little globe) to paste in the direct Url to your screenshot.

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2068/69

With the trophies rolling in, it was time for me to start a new era as I once again started moulding my squad to give my youth players a chance.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We finished an amazing 66 game unbeaten streak with an astonishing 1-0 home loss to rock bottom Wolves. Once the record had gone the squad rotation started as the league was an easy win.

Community Shield - a dominant win against unlikely opponents.

UEFA Super Cup - it was a lot closer than the scoreline suggested.

FIFA Club World Cup - another match that could have gone either way, although we did field the kids.

Carling Cup - we fell at the first hurdle with a shocking loss.

FA Cup - one of the most dominant runs and finals we will have.

UEFA Champions League - the group stage was a bit of a struggle but we saved our best for the latter stages, especially the final.

Squad - the English quota is improving as the squad rotation continues.

Transfers - a huge clearout as I made efforts to give my own youth players more games. The signings were all youngsters just to fill a few gaps in the meantime.

Key Player Profiles:

Axier - he's back to his best.

Dave Sparrow - these two strikers seem to have switched roles.

Toni Crnjak - usually I'd sell at this age but he's still superb.

Dean Parker - he was a big money signing but it is great to have an English player like this.

Sergio Arias - he's always been on the fringe of the team but he's had a great year.

Career Overview

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13    Blue Square Premier      2nd       Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2015/16    Coca-Cola League 1       4th       Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
2022/23    Barclays Premier League  7th       Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
2027/28    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
2028/29    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists
2029/30    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2030/31    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC, and Carling Cup winners
2034/35    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC FA and Carling Cup winners
2035/36    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2036/37    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2037/38    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
2038/39    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2039/40    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2040/41    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Carling Cup winners, Champions league finalists
2041/42    Barclays Premier League  3rd       FA Cup and Champions League winners
2043/44    Barclays Premier League  2nd       Carling Cup and Europa League winners
2044/45    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and Carling Cup finalists
2045/46    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2046/47    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2047/48    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
2050/51    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners, FA Cup and CL finalists
2052/53    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners, FA Cup finalists
2054/55    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
2055/56    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, and FA Cup winners, CL finalists
2057/58    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2058/59    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, and CL winners, FA Cup finalists
2059/60    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League, CWC, and CL winners
2060/61    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, and FA Cup winners, Carling Cup and CL finalists
2061/62    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2063/64    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC Carling Cup and FA Cup winners
2064/65    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, Carling Cup and FA Cup winners, CL finalists
2065/66    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, Carling Cup and FA Cup winners, CL finalists
2066/67    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2067/68    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, Champions League and Carling Cup winners
2068/69    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, Champions League and FA Cup winners

Next Season

Once again, no real aims but I'll continue to rotate the squad.

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2068/69

With the trophies rolling in, it was time for me to start a new era as I once again started moulding my squad to give my youth players a chance.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We finished an amazing 66 game unbeaten streak with an astonishing 1-0 home loss to rock bottom Wolves. Once the record had gone the squad rotation started as the league was an easy win.

Community Shield - a dominant win against unlikely opponents.

UEFA Super Cup - it was a lot closer than the scoreline suggested.

FIFA Club World Cup - another match that could have gone either way, although we did field the kids.

Carling Cup - we fell at the first hurdle with a shocking loss.

FA Cup - one of the most dominant runs and finals we will have.

UEFA Champions League - the group stage was a bit of a struggle but we saved our best for the latter stages, especially the final.

Squad - the English quota is improving as the squad rotation continues.

Transfers - a huge clearout as I made efforts to give my own youth players more games. The signings were all youngsters just to fill a few gaps in the meantime.

Key Player Profiles:

Axier - he's back to his best.

Dave Sparrow - these two strikers seem to have switched roles.

Toni Crnjak - usually I'd sell at this age but he's still superb.

Dean Parker - he was a big money signing but it is great to have an English player like this.

Sergio Arias - he's always been on the fringe of the team but he's had a great year.

Career Overview

2068/69    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, Champions League and FA Cup winners

Next Season

Once again, no real aims but I'll continue to rotate the squad.

Holy moly - thats epic!!!! Well done - i would have quit at 28-29.

Did you get a son? If So, did he get a son? Can he play? ;)

I thought I was back to playing a decent amount but that's 2 seasons in the time it's taken me to get through 6 months! You've got to be looking at a century before FM11 now!

I am flying through at the moment, after returning from my holiday I've completed three seasons in just one week.

The sad thing is now the mrs has gone back to work I might speed up a bit :D

Without a doubt.

If anything it would be interesting to see just how much I could get out of a rubbish player.

It'd depend what position he's in I think. With my tactical set-up I can get away with having some pretty poor players in central midfield - which is why Joe Thomas has made more appearances than anyone else from my academy, he's really quite a poor DM/MC, and would probably be lower Premiership/upper Championship standard if he wasn't playing for me, but he's first choice and never really gets exposed, even alongside another poor player.

Merthyr Tydfil - 2011/12 - Blue Square Premier

Media Prediction: 24th

Actual Finish: 1st, Champions

League Table

Transfers

Squad

League Stats

After a good start to the season are squad managed to look like contenders for a play off spot at the end of the season, as Oxford were miles ahead of everyone. However, a good run of form towards the end of the season gave us a chance to win the league which we did by winning on the final day of the season.

We got to the FA Cup 4th round only to lose to Blackburn 1-0 at Ewood Park.

We won the FA Trophy which was a huge achievement for the team.

Star Players

Ryan Nelson (On Loan from Horsham)

Kyle McAusland

Thomas Gregg Lopes da Silva

Kal Naismith

Inigo Idiakez

Future Stars

Michael Walsh

Andy Brown

Season		League			League Finish	Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11		Blue Square South	1st		League Champions 
2011/12		Blue Square Premeir	1st		League Champions, FA Trophy Winners

Morning lads, been out the game for a while, playing a heck of a lot of FIFA and drinking way too much, and tried some other challenges, but this still is formidable and the best challenge on offer. So...I see that still no one had taken my local side AFC Hornchurch to the promised land yet. So here it goes with my local side, thanks to gilbster for the save upload, and now to begin the epic journey beginning and Bridge Avenue. Joe Jordan takes the hot seat, so lett's see where this takes us, and hopefully i'll get a son in the save! :D

In January of my 1st season with Chippenham Town. I aimed for a team with a reputation below 1000 because I thought it would be more fun and unique, turns out it is fun but in the way that when you get a 1-1 draw away from home you go mental with joy but most of the time you need to scream into a pillow! Currently 18th. Playoffs are out of the picture Im almost certain, but we'll see!

Chippenham Town 2010/11 Season Review

Blue Square South final position: 10th

LEAGUE TABLE

LEAGUE POSITION GRAPH - which is fantastic viewing!

My first season with Chippenham Town, and it was certainly a season of two halves. By December it was clear we wouldn't get the playoffs as we were in a relegation fight with a few other teams. We were switching between being in the relegation zone to just outside. It was January that I decided to drop my 4-1-3-2 formation and go for a more attacking 4-3-3. This is where things started going well. We signed a good striker to fit into the new formation and we quickly rose up the table to finish 10th. Although I'm very pleased with the second haf of the season, the saving grace of the first half was my FA Cup run.

FA CUP - Getting to the 2nd round of the FA Cup was brilliant. Could have gone further though as I felt I could beat Mansfield after an epic game in the 1st Round aginst Forest Green of the BSP

FA TROPHY - Nothing really worth shouting about. Losing to Newport was annoying but I'm not too bothered overall

TRANSFERS - A lot of Ins and Outs, some of the Outs even being previous 'Ins', but overally quite happy.

FINANCES - Doesn't look great but that's due to an over budget wage bill. The cup run helped out a lot!

BAKER'S PLAYER OF THE SEASON - Richard Lecky was on fire for me up front. Took a while to settle in but goals in the cup soon lead to goals in the league and he even turned out to be Blue Square South signing of the season.

BAKER'S YOUNG PLAYER OF THE SEASON - Scott Shulton. The 21 year old came into the team at the very start and and was a very consistant player for his age. He lead my assists chart at the end of the season, as well as being one of my best tacklers to stop the opposition and also a very accurate passer. His pass completion was one of the best in the league.

OTHER KEY PLAYERS

Marvin Brown (CF) - Signed him on a free from Worcester and he, like Lecky, struggled a lot at the start of the season. However he had very powerful shot and was often in the right position to score as many as he did. Overall, very helpful in the push at in the second half of the season.

Danny Smith (MC) - The Captain. Got a injury near the start of the season which kept him out which was gutting as he was great at cutting out passes in his DMC role in the 4-1-3-2 formation. He managed to perform very well in CM in the 4-3-3 formation. One of the most consistant players of the season.

Jabuti (CF) - Signed this guy in January as I needed another striker to fit into my 4-3-3. He took a few games to gel but still managed to get MOTM in his first 2 games. Very quick player who could provide as well as score. He looks likely to be my main weapon for next season.

Matt Jones (DR) - Another player who could be counted on to have a good game. Great at cutting out passes and putting in great last ditch tackles. He was also great at getting the ball forward and curling in some brilliant crosses.

Aims for 2011/12?

> LEAGUE - Playoffs. I think this is achievable now. The team has bonded and with a record of 11 out of our 15 wins coming in the second half of the season in 10/11, theres no reason why we can't bring that into this season.

Baker's Prediction - 5th

> CUPS - Not too concerned about the Cups. It would be nice to better the FA Trophy run this year though.

> TRANSFERS - Bring in a new keeper as soon as possible, maybe a CB and CM just to add a little more quality to our depth. Get rid of the deadwood to free up the wage budget

CANVEY ISLAND SEASON 3 - 2011/12

The league was a surprise with us in the top 6 all season before we dropped out of the playoffs after a run of games without gaining a win.

League - Coca Cola League 2

League Table

Cup Competitions

The League cup saw us drawn against Portsmouth so I expected to go out however the shock was holding them to Two Goals

The Johnstones paint trophy saw us get a bye for the 1st round before we went out in the 2nd to Colchester

The FA Cup was disapointing going out in the 1st round to Bradford

Transfers

Transfers

Key Players

Jamie reckord Good young Left back has been great all season

David Davis Once again another good season from the midfielder

Arnaud Mendy A versatile player who can be in the defense and midfield

Daryl Duffy A good season from Duffy

Jordy Brouwer The dutch striker was signed on a free from Liverpool and had a good year.

History

Season      League              Position              Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11    Blue Square South      1st             Champions, Promoted
2011/12    Blue Square Premier    1st             Champions, Promoted
2012/13    League 2               8th             None

CANVEY ISLAND 100 CLUB

Player          Position        Seasons       League Appearances         Goals
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
James Russell     GK          2009 - 2013         166
Jack Macleod      MR          2009 - Present      151

Hastings United 2011/12

Blue Square Premier

Media Prediction: 24th

Board Expectations: Avoid Relegation

Final League Position: 1st

FA Trophy: 2nd Round (Lost 1-0 away at Cheltenham)

FA Cup: 4th Round (Lost 6-0 away at Arsenal)

This season as I expected turned out to be a pretty straight forward truimph as the difference in quality between the Blue Square South and Blue Square Premier is not so significant as is the similiar case between the Blue Square Premier and League Two. I took control of the league quite early on in the season with a string of early good results consisting of 7 games without conceding and an 11 game winning streak. I wrapped up the title finally in the penultimate game with a 1-0 victory over Histon which confirmed are status as a League 2 club next season. The season also included a FA Cup run to the 4th Round which included a 1-0 victory against Eastwood, a 2-1 victory against League 2 Lincoln and a 2-0 home victory against League 2 Rushden. Our cup run ultimately though was ended by an absolute bombardment from Arsenal which led us to lose 6-0 , although we did manage to receive around £800,000 in gate receipts from the game at the Emirates meaning are bank balance jumped from around £200,000 to £1,050,000.

Notable Players

Luca Santonocito - Signed from Celtic on a free and turned out to be far too good for this league.

Daniel Jones - Signed from Wolves on a free and played consistently to a high standard throughout the season and made the left back posistion his own.

Nick Main - Broke into the first team late in the season and impressed enough to be offered a full time contract next season.

Guylain Ndumbu-Nsungu - Signed from Darlington on a free the previous season and top scored for the second season running with 22 goals and 12 assists.

League Table

Transfers

Finances - It was hard to attract some of the players I wanted as my wage budget was just £4,500 p/w.

@ Brightlad 5

Thats a pretty decent season bud, very even match wins draws and losses. Will be interested too see how you get on for the new season as Ive found the step up from that mid table area to play-off contender consistancy can be extremely tough...best of luck :)

@ Rory

Fantastic work!! Hastings is a local team for me I live just a little north of them, lucky you with getting them Ive never managed to get hold of them in many hundreds of re-loads. Good luck taking on the big boys in the real football leagues and use all that prize money too good effect! :)

Well in early November now, had to do stuff today so didn't get through as much as I intended, but in early November and yet to record a loss under myself (I let ass man take friendlies), which is obviously a positive, as they include FA Cup 4th Quals. vs Ebbsfleet whereby we salvaged a 1-1 draw away, then thumped them 3-0 at Bridge Avenue :D Left it tonight and as things stand, i'm top of the BSS by 2 points with a game in hand, and my last result was a 0-0 draw at home to Woking in the FA Cup 1st Round, so will have the replay to deal with when I wake up :) Oh yeah, and with regards to my earlier post which showed a takeover was going to happen, the deal collapsed, which is good in a way because I still have my job, however we are currently in the red by just over 20k, so going to have to find a cash injection from somewhere, so in a way a result away against the Cardinals is vital for a bit of prize money :)

Archived