dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EdSB's Merthyr Tydfil - Season 1, 2010-11

Predicted: 21st (I believe, failed to take a screenshot)

Finished: 11th

FA Trophy: 1st round (lost vs. Wrexham)

FA Cup: 1st round (lost vs. Leyton Orient)

Summary

A disappointing season, all-in-all, but taught us a few lessons for next year. I immediately set about clearing out the squad and bringing in players, most notably the ever-popular Jabuti. I thought I must have hit the jackpot when we won our first game 7-0 with a Jabuti hat-trick, but after a thrilling start to the season which saw us top of the league into October, we then endured a poor run of form which happened to coincide with Jabuti's goal drought.

Although Jabuti did eventually find his scoring feet again (in emphatic fashion, with 4 goals in the 8-3 demolition of Gloucester), we middled along, gradually dropping from automatic promotion to the playoff positions and then to midtable.

Why? Our defence was very weak, as was our goalkeeper, and injuries to our key midfielder and his subsequent replacement left the team lacking creativity. In an attempt to shore up our leaky defence, I moved from a 4-3-1-2 with an attacking mid to a 4-1-3-2 with a defensive mid, which was the worst decision of the season. Suddenly, there was no link between the midfield and our strikers, and the guy I employed in def mid did little to stop the goals I conceded.

In March, I reverted to the 4-3-1-2 and went on an unbeaten streak to the end of the season, only ended by a loss in the last game.

11th was disappointing, but I learned a lot about the squad and immediately released almost half of it after the end of the season, due to a general lack of quality.

Transfers: 1 2

League table

Notice how many goals we conceded - our leaky defence cost us promotion :rolleyes:

Key Players

Jabuti, who won the Blue Square South golden boot with 30 goals in 40 appearances and single-handedly gave us a respectable goal difference

Adrian Foster - a 16 year old regen midfielder who was at Merthyr when I took over - apparently League 1 quality :D

Richard Walker - without his mediocre defensive skills, we'd probably have finished even lower down.

Next season

We'll be going for promotion, although for some reason we're now in Blue Square North :confused:

Going to sign several new defenders, a decent quality goalkeeper and a new left mid. However, I've ended up with a lower wage budget than last year, finances could be interesting :eek:

Can't find any quality players! My scouts have found a couple, but most get picked up by leagues above. I've tried searching for people with contract status expired, filtering by attributes etc. but I just end up finding people who should have become builders rather than playing football. Anyone got tips? This is Blue Square North/South level, btw.

EDIT: Scratch that, the scouts have finally come through. Shaky start to the season, however, here's hoping they just need time to gel!

Can anyone help? Im trying to get the ddt file to work on steam, and it won't show up in my folder for extra files, though it's definitely in the folder: steam/steamapps/common/footballmanager2010/data/db/100/edt/

Is it because I need the update or what?

Can anyone help? Im trying to get the ddt file to work on steam, and it won't show up in my folder for extra files, though it's definitely in the folder: steam/steamapps/common/footballmanager2010/data/db/100/edt/

Is it because I need the update or what?

You need to put it into the correct folder for the database you are using, so if you are using the 10.3 database it needs to go here:

steam/steamapps/common/Football Manager 2010\data\updates\update-1030\db\1030\edt

Ok. I just re downloaded steam and obviously then FM, and when I did, I figured it would automatically download the latest version/patch with it. Seems it only has 1000 though. Any ideas? Thanks for your help in the mean time.

Kinstonian Season review - Season 2012/13 League Two

Media Prediction - 24th

Final Posistion - 19th

After turning pro we handed out some contracts to our players that were still part time,and other then bringing in a coupleof new CB's we had pretty much the same squad that won the BSP last season.

It was a tough start and we only won once in the opening 3 months (2-1 away to Shrewsbury) but we were picking up points by getting draws, all our defets were by the odd goal, which to me inicated that we were close to being able to compete, we then managed to secure our first home win in league football with a narrow 1-0 win over fellow new team Newport, we followed this up with a last minute winner away to play off chasing Lincon and suddenly wehad back to back wins and reached a season best of 14th! After this we were never really in any relegation trouble and the closest we got to being dragged in was when we went 4 gameswithout a win, but even then we were still 6 points clear of the botton two, we ended up finishing 15 points clear of trouble

Cups

FA Cup - Knocked out in first round

League Cup - Knocked out in first round

JPT - Knocked out in first round

Aimsfor next season

Stay clear of relegation (prediction is 24th again!) and maybe get a cup run! Have had a mssive squad clear out with only 4 players from my BSP days still with us, also have a slight change in formation, gone from 4-2-3-1 with wingers to a 4-2-3-1 with 3 AMs instead as I couldnt find any decent wide players that would sign for me and my current players weren't good enough

Well done on avoiding relegation Darren! I'm guessing you're in League 2, but you didn't actually mention it in your post so might want to do that ;)

EDIT: On re-reading I saw 'same squad that won BSP last season' - my bad!

Well done on avoiding relegation Darren! I'm guessing you're in League 2, but you didn't actually mention it in your post so might want to do that ;)

EDIT: On re-reading I saw 'same squad that won BSP last season' - my bad!

Fixed it now thanks mate :thup: meant to mention what league I was in but forgot :o

Two updates in one day? :eek: Must say before you all think i'm locked away in a dark room playing FM non stop untilI complete this challenge, my last update was from a season that finished yesterday afternoon but took me nearly 24 hours before I posted as I was engrosed in the season your about to read plus my new laptop is VERY fast

Kingstonian Season review - Season 2013/14 League Two

Media Prediction 24th

Final Posistion 6th

Well after staying up last season with a squad mainly from my title wining side in BSP I reshaped my team, changing the formation (in fact I was changing the formation all the time all the way up to Jan, as I was struggling to get the best out of my squad)

We started very slowly and like last season, it took us about 6 or 7 games to get our first win, but unlike last season we were letting lots in (lost 5-3 to notts county, and had 2 or 3 3-0 defets as well as 2 4-0 defets within the first 3 months) we were trying lots on combinations in defence as well as new formations.

We were so incosistent (sp) that we would beat 2nd place Wycombe 6-1 then lose to 12th place Chesterfield 2-0, at the turn of the year we were 11th place but our "win one, lose one" plan meant we never really moved up or down the table, we then changed our formation to a 4-3-3 and we took off, a 17 game unbeaten run (club record) that sent us up to 6th where we stayed for the rest of the season.

In the playoffs we drew Stockport who we lost away,but beat at home so we def had a chance to get to the final. the home leg started very cagey and was 0-0 at half time, as the second half kicked off we went on the attack and raced into a 3-0 lead and then cruised to end of the game, in the second leg we looked to kill them off with an early goal,and took the lead in the 38th min, at half time I told the players not to get complacent however Stockport threw everything at us and got 2 goals to win the game 2-1 but we progressed 4-2:thup:

In the final we had Yeovil who, just like Stockport, we had lost away but beat at home, we fkew out the blocks looking for an early goal but despite the pressure we just couldnt break them down and went in 0-0 at half time, the 2nd half continued in the same vain but after an hour I thought it would just be one of those games and was fully expecting a Yeovil goal as we won a corner, from the corner Oliver Gill scored his 9th of the season and we were on our way, Oliver Norwood grabbed his 17th of the season from midfield (he takes all our set pieces) secured the win and our thrid promotion in four seasons :D

League Cup - First round exit again

JPT - First round exit

FA Cup - Better, beat League 2 MK Dons away 4-0 (best performance of the season) then beat League 2 Dagenham at home 1-0 before losing 2-1 at home to ChampionshipWatford (and even leading at HT)

Aims for next season

Stay up! Have released a few players with the aim of bringing in much better players ao I can stay up

EdSB's Merthyr Tydfil - Season 2, 2011-2012

Predicted: 17th

Finished: 1st!

FA Trophy: 2nd round (lost vs. Hereford)

FA Cup: 1st round (lost vs. Brentford)

Summary

Well, that was a bit too close for comfort. We had a slow start as my team gelled together with its new additions and only reached the play-off spots in October. We then had a 10 game unbeaten streak which took us top, only for a brief loss of form to settle us at around 3rd come January.

On more than one occasion we had 4 games in 2 weeks, so my squad was really starting to tire, and I'm very grateful to the injury-gods that my squad stayed relatively injury-free. When we reached March, after a few stutters in February and it beginning to look like we'd have to settle for play-offs, we hit our form - going on a 7 game win streak that only ended with a 0-0 draw on the last day of the season. No matter though - we'd won the title the previous match with a 4-0 demolition of Northwitch as Southport failed to win.

Encouragingly, we conceded the joint least amount of goals and scored the most, leaving us with a huge goal difference and hopefully meaning that we shouldn't have too much trouble with the Blue Square Prem.

Transfers

League table

Key Players

Jabuti, again, who picked up top scorer in Blue Square North this time with 28 goals in the league.

Adrian Foster, again, whose quality in midfield turned around countless games

Jacob Walcott, a late signing, who brought us goals from attacking mid

Danny Parslow, the rock at the back (except for the odd slip-up :p )

Next season

Hopefully strengthen all areas of the squad (especially defence) and go for play-offs in the Blue Square Prem (although I'm not the godly manager that some of you people are, so I'll settle for mid-table safety!)

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South        11th        
2011/12   Blue Square North         1st        Promoted

Haven't had much time to play of late (studying for exams, trying to get a job, etc) but back into it with a late evening session tonight. Hopefully Jabuti returns to fitness (and therefore his goalscoring ways) soon.

11 games to go in the season and we're top by six points but just lost our winning streak with a really disappointing 1-0 defeat at Hyde. Getting nervous now, I didn't win any sort of trophy (league title or cup) with Canvey until we secured a League Cup and League Title double when we were in the Premier League. It was always promotion through the play-offs for me. Would be nice to get off on the right foot and win a title in my first season.

Boston United

Season 2010/11

615.png

Blue Square North

The board set me the target of 'learning from the experience' of being in the Blue Square Premier, and I think it's safe to say that we achieved that. From very early on it was clear that we had a good side and that our pace would worry anyone and in only week five we topped the table. We fell from that position twice, but stayed top for the entire second half of the season, nailing the trophy with a fitting 3-0 home victory over the team who ran behind us for most of the season, Southport.

League Position Graph

FA Cup

Cup runs were the lifeblood of the club when I attempted this challenge with Canvey, so I was determined to get my eye in early with Boston. We got through the qualifying rounds with relative ease, beating Cambridge City, Matlock and Braintree before meeting Southport in Round 1. A draw at their place was followed by an extra time win at York Street in the replay, and set us up with a match against League side Exeter in Round 2. A strong performance saw us finish with a creditable 1-0 defeat against a side who eventually finished 4th in League 2.

FA Trophy

Not much to say here, we dicked Chasetown in the final qualifying round but got badly beaten by Stafford in the first round of the tournament proper. I wasn't happy.

Transfers

As you would expect at this level, a lot of names came through the door. I 'cheated' a bit in signing Jabuti on the knowledge that others had him do well for them at this level and Scott Evans was a transfer arranged by the previous management. However, once I had my own scouting department up and running they started churning out the finds, and with the late season signings of Alan Power and Astrit Ajdarevic, I have started to build my team for next season in the Blue Square Premier.

Top 5 Players

5. Liam Ellis - A young lad picked up on a free, I expected him to play back up to the more experienced Scott Evans, but some impressive early performances convinced me to give him a run. He proved to be a solid defender and created a very strong left flank for us in tandem with Ryan Conroy. Did more than enough to earn himself a contract extension.

4. Jamie Yates - One of the players I inherited at the club, he initially didn't impress me much, but his performances got better as the season wore on, and when we most needed him as we pushed on for the title, he was regularly a stand out performer. Another who definitely earned his contract extension.

3. Ryan Conroy - Picked up from the talent wasteland that is Scotland, the former Celtic winger was crucial to the balance of our side. Although set up as a 4-4-2, the way the wingers pushed forward at every opportunity effectively made it play like a 4-2-4, and Ryan's willingness to hug the line as well as his stunning crosses earned him a place in my heart. On many an occasion, a Conroy cross was knocked down by Chamberlain, into the path of Jabuti who tucked the chance away. I'm pretty certain that, if we can keep hold of him, Ryan can move all the way into league football with us.

2. Elliott Chamberlain - The order of the final two was a tough call, both had stunning seasons and twenty-three assists is an incredible tally from the on loan striker. Elliott lost out on the #1 spot because he was't quite as consistent a performer, occasionally going through periods of poor performances, but I can have no real complaints over the course of the season. May well look to try and get him back from Leicester next season.

1. Jabuti - I've heard the stories and now I know why he's such a legend. Twenty-six goals and voted as BSN Player of the Season, he could always be relied upon, and his record would have been much better had he not spent seven weeks of the season sidelined through injury. I'm confident that he can step up to BSP level next season, and still justify the wages that I'm spending on him.

Next Season

Staying up is, of course, the be all and end all, but with players such as Jabuti and Conroy, I'll be a little disappointed if we only scrape survival. To be perfectly honest, I'm targeting a safe-mid table existence next season.

Career Overview

Season League Final Pos. Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11 Blue Square North 1st Automatic Promotion

Boston United 100 Club

Name (Position) League Games (Overall Games); League Goals (Overall Goals); Average Rating
(Dates at club)

No entrants to date.

I'm giving this a shot again, this time with Bradford PA.

Here's my profile.

Preseason I've been overhauling the squad. Unfortunately the fans are irate with me for selling the "star striker", who I actually thought was rubbish and was also on a part time contract of £425 pw, ridiculously.

Not done a season update as not much has happened in my last couple of seasons, we are in league 1 right now, and am just about to finish me 2nd season at that level, we scrapped to survival last season and with a good set of results we managed to finish 15th, this season has been much the same with us hovering in and around the relgation places and with two games to go we are 17th and safe again,hoping to do better next season.

Manager overview

Season 10/11 3rd BSS playoff winners

Season 11/12 1st BSP Champions!!!

Season 12/13 19th League Two

Season 13/14 6th League Two Playoff winners

Season 14/15 15th League One

And well done to Terk

Welcome Crispypaul

Cheers!

Oh I've signed that Jabuti chap. After 5 appearances he has scored 7 goals and had 2 assists, scoring in all matches so far. Oddly he didn't get player of the month for August as a striker for Redditch did the same!

Thanks to him and some other players, we're 2nd, a point behind league leaders Stafford. We did lose the one game, away at Solihull Moors, but have dominated all others, scoring at least 3 times a game.

Merthyr Tydfil-Blue Square Premier 2011/12

League Table-Impressive preformance from the newly promoted team. We never looked like failing to challenge for the Playoffs however the teams at the top of the table where way too good for us when ever we played them so we finished where we deserved too.

Transfers A few of them where very good such as Morris and others were not as impressive such as Atkinson. Overal I am happy to have strengthened where I needed too.

Squad They played well as a team, however goals were lacking and also we failed to really impress against the big teams. The big issue with the squad is the wages which will have to be cut as my finances are shot so the big earners will have to go.

Key Players

Noble- Was strong at the back and was consistant which was something some of his fellow squad members lacked.

Morris- The perfect CB for this level he could easily play at League 2 level imo, will have to fight off clubs in the summer to keep him.

Mcausland Scored the goals but if I am honest he isnt the most natural goalscorer also he came 2nd and 1st in the goal of season competition with two identical mazy dribbles.

Craig- It took me a while to work out how and where to play him but when I did he was superb

Career Overview

Season              League               Final Pos.          Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       Blue Square South             1st              Automatic Promotion                                   
2011/12       Blue square Premier     5th              Play offs- 

Thankfully my financial crisis has been saved by my academy producing 1 gem of a player, another great prospect and a squad player :cool:

Not a bad start to my first BSP campaign.

Boston 1 - 1 Ebbsfleet

AFC Wimbledon 3 - 3 Boston

Boston 1 - 0 Eastbourne Boro

Eastleigh 0 - 1 Boston

Boston 2 - 1 Mansfield

Jabuti has 5 in 5 and Adam Virgo is proving (so far) to be a ****ing legend in a conference level defence.

An excellent first season in the BSP, SJ234 :thup: Hopefully the financial situation doesn't cripple you too much and you can make another push for the play-offs next year :)

Well I ended up selling quite a few players, but now I have a stronger close knit squad who are top of the table due to the brilliance of my academy striker.

Hednesford Season 3 (12/13)

Table

Graph

Another good season. This is only the second time I did not get stuck in L2 doing this challenge. McGeouch is a beast.

Cups:

FA Cup

Paint Trophy

Carling Cup

Squad

Players:

Crawford: Devolving well was key in the midfield all season.

Fraser: Anchored the midfield again was solid all season.

McGeouch: Continues to dominate all.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square North        1st        Promoted
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      1st        Promoted 
2012/13   League 2                 2nd        Promoted

Next season: Fix the goal leaks.

Am going through a real crisis atm, due to my small wage budget I have a very small (but very good) squad, but have 8 players now out injured with each player out for at least 2 months :( am 1.5k over my wage budget, and the loan deadline has passed, so no more players to come in :( Really starting to dispair here, we were 4th when the injuries struck, we are now 11th and out of the FA cup after a 5-1 defet to MK Dons

Kingstonian Season Review League One 2016/17

Media Prediction 22nd

Final Posistion 9th

Squad

Transfers

Well after a couple of season hanging around the bottom half of this league, I made the choice of going after better players on higher wages which would mean me taking a chance on runing a smaller squad but filled with better quality.

After the summer transfers we were 1.5k over our weekly budget and even selling players wouldbe hard to do as my squad was THAT small! On the opening day we played host to recently relegated Huddersfield and we walked away with a far more confortable win the the 1-0 scoreline suggets, by the end of Oct we had made ourseleves at home in the top 6 and even lead the league for a week at one stage. However injuries and suppensions started to hit my small squad and just as the loan/free transfer window closed we lost 3 players in a game then two more in the next and had 8 players missing as we embarked on our FA Cup run.

These injuries led to us droppoing down the table and at one point we dropped to a season low of 16th, as we started to get our players back, we picked up and started to move up the table, but then we started to become very incosistent (a feature that has plauged us all through our time in league one) and we never really got close enough to make me think we would get into the playoffs.

All in all though, fairly happy with 9th place, as with the right signings (defence and keeper needed!) I think we will be there or there abouts.

FA Cup

League Cup

JPT

Aims for nest season

Sort out my defence, finish higher then this season,and who knows? Maybe even a cup run

Career Overview

Season 15/16 17th League One

Season 16/17 9th League One

Hednesford Season 4 (13/14)

Table

Graph

What a crazy season. Got off to a really horrible start made worse by a few of our games getting delayed and postponed for one thing or another and we ended up with four games in hand for awhile there and got stuck in last with no way to escape. We were always hard to beat but could not find the winning goal due to McGeouch being out for so much of the early season.

Then we got rolling in the FA Cup and everything changed, with this crazy lucky win over Birmingham, PL side. From there we could do no wrong for awhile, sure we got destroyed by Liverpool but at that point we already had so much momentum it was unstoppable.

I was at that time expecting a 10th or so finish and was focused on finding a couple more players to fix some gaps we had, right and left back most apparent. Then it got crazy where we went on a bit of a winning streak and with two games to go I noticed we would somehow make it into the play offs with two victories, two away games, one with the current 6th place side Southend. We for sure caught them at the right time and it was all set for the final day of the season. Notts County, also away. Somehow we had stumbled into the playoffs.

Semi Final Leg 1

Semi Final Leg 2

Playoff Final

What a long strange trip its been.

Cups:

FA Cup

Paint Trophy

Carling Cup

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Players:

Crawford: Continued to come along, very pleased with his growth.

McGeouch: Picked up a couple long injuries at the start of the season, really effected the make up of the squad ended up signing two new decent your strikers who could challenge him next season. But I do plan to keep him around see if he can snag a goal at every level.

Ogembe: Veteran right mid I picked up, was very solid when he could play, scored some very important goals as well.

Scott: My new keeper for the next few seasons, or so I hope. Had to spend $70k to steal him away from Rangers and I think he really made a difference seeing as right when he was blending into the squad our form kept getting better and better.

Slyvan-Vanterpool: He came in when McGeouch went down, had been using him as the off the bench go to guy for a awhile now and he also scored some very important goals.

2010/11   Blue Square North        1st        Promoted
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      1st        Promoted 
2012/13   League 2                 2nd        Promoted
2013/14   League 1                 6th        Promoted Through the Playoff

Next season: Hm...stay up...somehow.

(I should note everything picked up as soon as Donovan put in that goal in the 91st min ahahaha)

Not a bad start to my first BSP campaign.

Boston 1 - 1 Ebbsfleet

AFC Wimbledon 3 - 3 Boston

Boston 1 - 0 Eastbourne Boro

Eastleigh 0 - 1 Boston

Boston 2 - 1 Mansfield

Jabuti has 5 in 5 and Adam Virgo is proving (so far) to be a ****ing legend in a conference level defence.

Virgo at BSP should be excellent tbf. What wages is he on?

Kingstonian Season Update Season 2017/18 League 1

Media Prediction-13th

Final Posistion-9th

Firstly, no screenshots yet as am having some trouble with photobucket, so will add them as soon as I can. Also am at work so cant get onto my game atm

Onto the season, I had high hopes for this season with my change of formation (again!) to a 4-3-3 and hoped my low scoreing strikers would come good-they didnt! Once again, another frustrating season of being great one game to being rubbish the next plauged us and we had to settle for 9th again, some 7 points off the play offs but we never really looked like getting into them.

FA CUP- Beat Hendon in the first round before losing in the second.

League Cup- First round exit as usual

JPT- We have had a couple of half decent runs in this compition over the last couple of years and this season was no different, we battled our way through to the area final where we faced League 1 leaders D&R a 2-1 home win was follwed by a 4-2 away win as we cruised into the final to play Ipswich Town, in the final we never really showed up and Ipswich scored with 5 mins to go before half time and at no stage did we ever look like being able to get back into the game and it pettered out to a disapointing 1-0 defet.

Aims For Next Season- Play offs! The new 4-3-3 worked well at times,and with the right players will only get better, have most of my squad out of contract this summer so will do a clear out for better players

Manager Overview

Season 15/16 17th League One

Season 16/17 9th League One

Season 17/18 9th League One JPT Runners up

I'm back baby!

After 4 months out, I've decided to give FM another crack. Had a little time out on it, I just simply got a little bored of it. I lost interest and therefore my team stopped winning!

I'm going to pickup from where I left off earlier (I think I stopped around the late Feb mark, with Farnborough in the BSP after loosing a few on the bounce.)

Will update later, I need to regroup and push for promotion!!!

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2062/63

Over the last few years we have built what could the best squad we have ever had, so this really was a period of dominance for us.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We spent most of the season trailing Man Utd but eventually they fell apart to let us win yet another title.

Community Shield - it was a narrow win in a game that we should have won easily.

UEFA Super Cup - what a match, and what a way to win it.

FIFA Club World Cup - one of the easiest cup finals we'll ever have.

Carling Cup - we sneaked though on penalties, then got knocked out on penalties.

FA Cup - with the exception of QPR it was a dominant run to a thrilling final.

UEFA Champions League - we blasted our way through the Champions League this year with our free scoring football. Even with ten men, we dominated the final.

Squad - the attacking quality of this squad is awesome, but we do have a weak spot in our central defenders. I am aware of the number of foreigners creeping in but there just isn't the English talent available.

Transfers - a very quiet transfer window as we just brought in a few youngsters for backup.

Key Player Profiles:

Toni Crnjak - possibly the greatest free transfer ever.

Axier - the four strikers shared the goals between them but Axier was probably the pick of the four.

Hasan Aydin - one of his best ever seasons, which suggests he may well play into his thirties.

Lucas Lencina - not the greatest all round player but does superbly in his role on the wing.

Erwin Michaux - our second best striker this year.

Career Overview

2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   9th
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   6th         Lost in playoff semi
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   4th         Promoted via playoffs
2019/20   Barclays Premier League  16th        
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  11th
2021/22   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup finalists
2022/23   Barclays Premier League  7th         Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
2023/24   Barclays Premier League  3rd
2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Champions League finalists
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Carling Cup finalists
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  2nd
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, and Carling Cup winners
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Club World Cup winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA and Carling Cup winners
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and Carling Cup winners
2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CWC FA and Carling Cup winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2036/37   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2037/38   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2038/39   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2039/40   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2040/41   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Carling Cup winners, Champions league finalists
2041/42   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2042/43   Barclays Premier League  5th         Club World Cup winners
2043/44   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Carling Cup and Europa League winners
2044/45   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and Carling Cup finalists
2045/46   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2046/47   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2047/48   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2048/49   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, and FA Cup winners
2049/50   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Club World Cup winners
2050/51   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners, FA Cup and CL finalists
2051/52   Barclays Premier League  4th    
2052/53   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners, FA Cup finalists
2053/54   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners
2054/55   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2055/56   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CWC, and FA Cup winners, CL finalists
2056/57   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners
2057/58   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2058/59   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CWC, and CL winners, FA Cup finalists
2059/60   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League, CWC, and CL winners
2060/61   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CWC, and FA Cup winners, Carling Cup and CL finalists
2061/62   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2062/63   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC and FA Cup winners

Next Season

One more year until Dafuge Park is built, so next year will just be about balancing the finances with the big loan repayments. There could also be yet another takeover on the way.

Wow dafuge! 53 seasons in and tearing things up.

Meanwhile, I'm just starting out with Retford. We've drawn our first four starts of our first season. We're 15th in the league table, but I guess I can't complain with a relegation candidate being unbeaten. Hopefully we can get our first win before our first loss:D

Retford United - Blue Square North - 2010/2011

I wasn't sure what to expect but going on dafuge's FM09 challenge, I suspected I'd gain a play-off place.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We started off slow but we eventually began to pick up form. From 15 games onwards, we were always looking likely to hit at least a play-off spot. However, I managed to nick first place and keep it despite a late draw and loss in the league.

FA Cup - I don't think there's any real shame in going out to Lincoln and a 2-0 wasn't a terrible defeat.

FA Trophy - I had no intention of winning this one and fielding my reserves was the reason behind the 5-0 hammering.

Transfers - A mixed bag of players - some were good and some were bad. I just tried to get the best players possible and many won't make the step up to the Blue Square Premier

Squad1, Squad2 - I've already made a few bigger free transfer signings on the back of my increased reputation after gaining promotion. However, a fair few more will have to be brought in before I'm happy with the squad.

Star Player - Simply put: this guy got goals. He made a formidable partnership with Nathan Adams and hopefully he can bag his fair share at the next level!

Career Overview

Season    League                 Position      Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=5578622&postcount=7952""]2009/10[/url]   Blue Square North        1st         BSN Champions

Next Season

I really enjoyed playing this season and it was an uphill struggle. One player picked going to a side in 21st place whilst I was in 3rd on loan which signals how hard it was to attract any good players to Retford. Nicking automatic promotion at the end was brilliant though!

Note: Southend went on to win promotion via the play-offs.

Archived