dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Merthyr is popular :D I think you'll be the fourth active person playing 'em.

I myself will give an update on my Welsh players Tomorrow :)

It looks good I have signed some really good players, I just need to find some wingers but more importantly a centre half or two.

Merthyr is popular :D I think you'll be the fourth active person playing 'em.

I myself will give an update on my Welsh players Tomorrow :)

Merthyr is probably the easiest team to do this challenge with in terms of facilities as they have L1 standard ground and facilities, which is why i picked them :D

Havn't really had time to play so far. Started properly earlier on.

Didn't start well losing the first 2 games of the season, but 10 games later I have only lost 1 more and I am into the 4th qualifying round of the F.A Cup.

Hednesford Season 2 (11/12)

Table

Graph

Got off to a slow start again, but then we started rolling, McGeouch was amazing all season finishing with 44 goals. Really looking forward to see if I can bring him along on the whole ride to the prem.

Cups:

FA Cup

FA Trophy

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Players:

Amos: Solid partner to McGeouch all season, don't think I will be messing with the partnership next season.

Fraser: Anchored the midfield most of the season then got two injuries back to back, should still be fine for next season I think.

McGeouch: Well he was simple amazing, never had a player dominate like he did, 44 goals, 6 assist in 42 games. Total domination.

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square North        1st        Promoted
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      1st        Promoted 

Next season: Fill in the gaps in the midfield.

Anyone know of any half decent centre halfs as I cant find anyone who would be vaguely interested in me :(

Have a look for Kern Miller from Lincoln. I got him in for Boston Utd. Also if you need a left sided player look for Paul Stonehouse.

Argh, my laptop didnt warn me properly that it was running out of battery so i have lost about a month of play :(.

Due to this I am starting again as I can't face trying to do that month again in the sameway.

I'm stuck in League One, each season I'm finishing either just above relegation or languishing in mid table, and I'm becoming sick of my life. Is anyone out there able to reccomend me some players that might be able to push me forward for a top half finish or even playoff's.

Cheers

Spartansteen

My key players in my two L1 years were:

Imad Al-Hoseni

Sherif Ekramy

Ryan McGivern

Arnaud Mendy

Marko Arnautovic

Daniël de Ridder

Jonathan de Guzman

Juanmi Callejón

+ Good Regens/Loans

Hope you can find one of these.

Ngngngngngngngngngngngngngngng :mad:

Back for another attempt after my PC died and ate my last one. Installed via steam on my new machine (it was ****ing and moaning when I did a normal install from disc) but now can't get the ddt file to show in the extra files menu. Driving me mental.

Back for another attempt after my PC died and ate my last one. Installed via steam on my new machine (it was ****ing and moaning when I did a normal install from disc) but now can't get the ddt file to show in the extra files menu. Driving me mental.

Poor Terk :( good luck sorting it mate

where did you place the ddt file?

where did you place the ddt file?

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\football manager 2010\data\db\1000\edt

There doesn't seem to be a folder for later patches such as there is when you install from disc and then manually apply the patches. It's in the same folder as the team_holland.ddt and I know I must be doing something utterly stupid but I just can't figure it out. On Windows 7, by the way, if that makes a difference.

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\football manager 2010\data\db\1000\edt

There doesn't seem to be a folder for later patches such as there is when you install from disc and then manually apply the patches. It's in the same folder as the team_holland.ddt and I know I must be doing something utterly stupid but I just can't figure it out. On Windows 7, by the way, if that makes a difference.

how about something like here: (I'm on XP though)

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\football manager 2010\data\updates\update-1030\db\1030\edt\

Cheers, Elnaith :thup:

Gone with Boston Utd (just picked someone from the first lot of promotions; I had nobody in mind so didn't need to bother with reloading and reloading until the right team came up).

Personal

If I can take this lot as far as I did Canvey (Premier League title) then I'll be very happy. If I can go that little bit further and actually complete the thing, I'll be ****ing ecstatic.

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2060/61

With three consecutive Champions League wins it looked like we were well and truly on our way to World domination.

League Table

League Positions Graph

This was a major landmark in our history as we went unbeaten for the whole season.

Community Shield - even with 10 men we dominated this game.

UEFA Super Cup - we really threw this one away.

FIFA Club World Cup - the closest final we'd had in a while, but only because we couldn't find the net.

Carling Cup - a great run followed by a shocking performance in the final, which was our first loss of the season.

FA Cup - the final really flattered us.

UEFA Champions League - we looked good but just got really unlucky in the final.

Squad - once again we scored a scary number of goals from around the pitch.

Transfers - Jansen was a bargain and Matovic filled our weakest position.

Key Player Profiles:

Sebastiano Costacurta - our top scorer again.

Márcio - somehow giving him his 'backup' status brought him back into life.

Mitchell Jansen - signed for £15m I couldn't really go wrong.

Lucas Lencina - signed for £15m as backup, he's pushing for a first team place.

Hasan Aydin - still our best player.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   9th
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   6th         Lost in playoff semi
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   4th         Promoted via playoffs
2019/20   Barclays Premier League  16th        
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  11th
2021/22   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup finalists
2022/23   Barclays Premier League  7th         Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
2023/24   Barclays Premier League  3rd
2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Champions League finalists
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Carling Cup finalists
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  2nd
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, and Carling Cup winners
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Club World Cup winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA and Carling Cup winners
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and Carling Cup winners
2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CWC FA and Carling Cup winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2036/37   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2037/38   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2038/39   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2039/40   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2040/41   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Carling Cup winners, Champions league finalists
2041/42   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2042/43   Barclays Premier League  5th         Club World Cup winners
2043/44   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Carling Cup and Europa League winners
2044/45   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and Carling Cup finalists
2045/46   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2046/47   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2047/48   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2048/49   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, and FA Cup winners
2049/50   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Club World Cup winners
2050/51   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners, FA Cup and CL finalists
2051/52   Barclays Premier League  4th    
2052/53   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners, FA Cup finalists
2053/54   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners
2054/55   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2055/56   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CWC, and FA Cup winners, CL finalists
2056/57   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners
2057/58   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2058/59   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CWC, and CL winners, FA Cup finalists
2059/60   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League, CWC, and CL winners
2060/61   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CWC, and FA Cup winners, Carling Cup and CL finalists

Next Season

We lost three games this season, the UEFA Super Cup final, the Carling Cup final and the Champions League final. Our aim for next season is pretty obvious.

Cheers, Elnaith :thup:

Gone with Boston Utd (just picked someone from the first lot of promotions; I had nobody in mind so didn't need to bother with reloading and reloading until the right team came up).

Personal

If I can take this lot as far as I did Canvey (Premier League title) then I'll be very happy. If I can go that little bit further and actually complete the thing, I'll be ****ing ecstatic.

Good luck Terk and welcome to life as a Pilgrim

I can never go undefeated. Just winning everything is good enough for me. As long as we recover quickly from a loss I'm fine with the odd one.

That was my first in 50 seasons, I don't think I've done it since FM06.

Aah, how I missed the lower league pre-season scramble to get players in. Have just about managed to get a squad together in time for the league, though I haven't got a back up keeper yet.

any familiar names amongst those taken in? Related to your last start I mean.

any familiar names amongst those taken in? Related to your last start I mean.

Not really. Been going mostly with what the two scouts I picked up have recommended (save for Jabuti, had to sign him to see whether he's worth the fuss) and they haven't picked up on any of the guys I had at Canvey. I'm a bit light in central midfield, which I'm still working on but decently happy with the squad.

My first game in the league has also just reminded me how comically bad the defending can be at this level. Frustrating.

Not really. Been going mostly with what the two scouts I picked up have recommended (save for Jabuti, had to sign him to see whether he's worth the fuss) and they haven't picked up on any of the guys I had at Canvey. I'm a bit light in central midfield, which I'm still working on but decently happy with the squad.

My first game in the league has also just reminded me how comically bad the defending can be at this level. Frustrating.

hehe yes. It's usually goals galore in the first seasons :)

For good cheap players, look at the scots freebeed by Celtic, Rangers etc.

Well this isn't fun, seconds after the Jan Transfer window shuts my French Midfielder Jerome Muraccioli demands a transfer stating he wants a new challenge - you'd think he wanted to go back to France or even play in Italy or Spain, but no the teams that are interested in him are Notts County (17th in league), Liverpool (16th) and Man Utd who are in 8th and look like they may actually stay in the Premier League this season instead of yo-yoing again.

To make matters worse he has been in the form of his life this season getting 12 assists and 4 goals in 24 league games, but his morale is now rock bottom, at least it gives one of my youngsters a chance to stake a claim for his position.

14 games in as FCUM and we are 13th. Pretty happy with that. We have scored plenty which is usually the main issue for me at this level. Defending hasn't been brilliant, but we have scored more than conceded so thats a plus :thup:

We lost in the first round of the FA Cup to Morecambe. Although the 3 rounds we got through brought in some money so thats alright.

Out of the FA trophy to AFC Telford too, after taking them back to our place in a replay and losing 3-2 AET.

Only managed 3 games so far in my Boston save (spent most of the afternoon in the garden) but grabbed two wins in those games. I've gone slightly over wage budget, but I'm really happy with the squad at the moment and I don't think it'll take too much tweaking over the next couple of seasons to get us up. My scouts seem to have found me some decent talent this time around.

He goes that far up the ladder? That's impressive. He's got 2 in 3 so far. He was really ****ed off when I subbed him in our last game, but the guy I sent on grabbed the winning goal, so my decision was justified :D

This is the first time I've used the 3D engine in a lower league game (my last machine simply wasn't up to using it). I love being able to count the number of fans in the away end :D Current game, Stafford away, we appear to have taken 7 fans :D

This is the first time I've used the 3D engine in a lower league game (my last machine simply wasn't up to using it). I love being able to count the number of fans in the away end :D Current game, Stafford away, we appear to have taken 7 fans :D

I am sure 2 or 3 of them are stewards ;)

Well this isn't fun, seconds after the Jan Transfer window shuts my French Midfielder Jerome Muraccioli demands a transfer stating he wants a new challenge - you'd think he wanted to go back to France or even play in Italy or Spain, but no the teams that are interested in him are Notts County (17th in league), Liverpool (16th) and Man Utd who are in 8th and look like they may actually stay in the Premier League this season instead of yo-yoing again.

To make matters worse he has been in the form of his life this season getting 12 assists and 4 goals in 24 league games, but his morale is now rock bottom, at least it gives one of my youngsters a chance to stake a claim for his position.

It now looks like he doesn't want to leave the club possibly because he has agreed to join Liverpool who look like they'll be playing in the Championship next season :D

Archived