dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chelseadaft Ashford Town (Middx) Season 7 2016/17 - Championship

A great achievement for us this season after a nightmare start to the campaign. With my new staduim being built and not ready for another season I had to face a season in the Championship with my 2550 Short Lane stadium and a wage budget of £14,000 per week.

Some of the players promoted with me from League One wanted bigger wages than I could really afford so decided to let them go and bring in some better quality players.

It took us ages to gel as a side and we struggled early on. We went 8 games without a win and sat bottom of the league as I had to field u18's in the side as at the moment I have no reserve team or youth set up (due to money) so had to use the ones that come through in the summer but as I managed to manipulate the loan market once more to bring in more quality our form picked up and the side found their way in the league.

Nothing much else to report apart from the fact that with 6 games remaining we somehow found our way near the playoffs but the last month of the season killed me as I lost players through injury and we lost our momentum.

Overall am well pleased we have finished 12th. Was expecting to battle against relegation so well chuffed. When finishing 12th we received the following prize money which put us in credit by exactly that amount. With the three parachute payments of £400k we received at the beginning of the season, its helped to keep us clear from debt for the time being. I then received this message from the board about the staduim!!!

(Sorry people forgot to take a screenshot of the squad and finances screen)

Here are the players who have helped me stabilise in the league this season.

Henderson, Goodwin, Moussi, Edwards, Dickoh, Corderoy, OConnor, Bell, Diallo, Cottrell, Reid, Tawiah, Mokoena, Johansson, Pechart and Morris

Luckily enough the injuries didn't affect me till the end of the season!

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South        1st         Champions!
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      3rd         Lost in Playoff Semis
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      1st         Champions!
2013/14   League Two               10th        None
2014/15   League Two               1st         Champions!
2015/16   League One               2nd         Promoted
2016/17   Championship             12th        None

Canvey Island 2018/19 Report - EPL

6 places to go...

Unsurprisingly, being the lowest rep team in the league made our media prediction relegation favourites, with the bookies considering ourselves to be cannon fodder for the rest of the league. Will they ever learn? :rolleyes:

League - Positions -

Two fantasic games to start of our season, beating Newcastle then drawing vs Liverpool, were to be the norm, at least at home. Although, our away games were interesting as we were finding new and imaginative ways to lose games we really should be drawing. Possibly the highlight of the season was knocking off reigning champions Man City at home 4-0, who had been unbeaten up until that point.

We were never in danger of falling down the table, as whenever we went had a string of away results (usually ending in defeats), our home games enabled us to maintain our great position. With one game to go we were 2 points off a European spot (which was to go down to 7th due to Arsenal cleaning up the cups), so needing a win with either Sunderland or Villa not picking up a win. So whilst we dominated at home against the new league winners, Sunderland were doing the same to Man Utd. BUT, Villa failed to beat the mighty Hull City, giving us 7th place and an European adventure next season. :)

Cups

FA Cup

3rd rd - Canvey Island 4-0 Preston

4th rd - Canvey Island 4-1 Burnley

5th rd - Wolves 1-3 Canvey Island

6th rd - Canvey Island 2-0 Hull

Semi Final - Arsenal 3-1 Canvey Island

Lucky draws early on, epsecially as EPL sides were only getting knocked out by their counterparts, and a great first 15 mins dispatched Wolves. Hull were no problems for the 2nd stright year, where we got the all-conquering Arsenal squad (apart from their EC final loss). Beaten and outplayed by the better team, no real complaints about it.

Carling Cup

2nd rd - Canvey Island 5-3 Brighton

3rd rd - Wigan 2-2 Canvey Island (3-5 pens)

4th rd - Canvey Island 1-3 Everton

Brighton game was a wake-up call, especially about how easy they were creating chances against us. I still don't understand how we got through against Wigan, losing 2 defenders is normally the recipe for disaster. Once again though, outplayed by a better side, though we really should've peformed better in front of our own supporters.

Squad (1)(2)

A large squad, and I'm finding the limitation on squad registration to be particularly annoying, though that might be the fact of limited HG players...:rolleyes:

Millward's Player Choice Award (basically who I think deserves our Player of the Season before the Fan's vote...)

2010/11 - Luke Thurlbourne MC

2011/12 - Chris Todd DC

2012/13 - Scott Smith DL

2013/14 - Dean Lodge AMR

2014/15 - Dean Hammond MC

2015/16 - Luciano Napoli ST

2016/17 - Borja ST

2017/18 - László Horváth MC

2018/19 - Leonid Gerasimov GK (1)(2)

Whilst Horváth won the Premier League Player of the Season award, Gerasimov was the savour in so many games it was not even funny. 2nd in the Young Player of the Season award, and a place in the EPL Team of the Year was totally deserved. A shame that he wants to leave the club now that Barcelona are sniffing around...

Transfers - Interesting to see that moving up to the top league has enabled me to keep for more of my squad from last season. Vernon's move away was one of his own doing, comnig under discipline from the club 6 times in 12 months was having too much effect on squad harmony. Again struggling to find free transfers that are better than what I currently have.

Finances - It's a strange feeling not to be relying on transfer income to keep the balance sheet looking positive for the season, all of this capable despite having the smallest ground in the league.

Confidence - Still seen as untouchable, nothing new here then.

History

2010/11 - BSS: 3rd, defeat in playoff semi-finals

2011/12 - BSS: 1st

2012/13 - BSP: 1st

2013/14 - CCL2: 1st

2014/15 - CCL1: 7th

2015/16 - CCL1: 1st

2016/17 - CCC: 8th

2017/18 - CCC: 1st

2018/19 - EPL: 7th

The Trophy Cabinet

Blue Square South - 2011/12

Blue Square Premier - 2012/13

Coca-Cola League 2 - 2013/14

Coca-Cola League 1 - 2015/16

Coca-Cola Championship - 2017/18

Aims for next season: Sort out the leaky defence, find a way of being more competitve away from home and not embarrasing ourselves in Europe (in order of importance). Though a cup final wouldn't go amiss ;)

EDIT: Scrap the smallest ground in the league, a 8927 enlargement is due to take place, along with another improvement of the youth facilites. Good use of the extra finances I think, since I never use it for transfers.

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2055/56

With the new signings this looks like the start of an era of domination for T&M.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We started with 11 straight wins which meant winning the league was just a formality.

Community Shield - an easy win.

UEFA Super Cup - a great win in a thrilling match.

FIFA Club World Cup - another easy win.

Carling Cup - the highlight was the semi final as we turned a 1-0 home loss into a 7-1 win. The final was a one sided affair.

FA Cup - a simple run and a simple final win.

UEFA Champions League - the group stage was strange as we settled for second place. We did well in the knockout rounds but suffered a shock in the final.

Squad - goals from everywhere!

Transfers - a small loss as we made a few small changes.

Key Player Profiles:

Miguel Santos - much better than last year.

Luis Fernández - another great goal tally for the midfielder.

Sebastiano Costacurta - not too many goals, but a great all round contribution.

Hasan Aydin - simply awesome.

Márcio - backup for Aydin, but a superb player.

Career Overview

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   9th
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   6th         Lost in playoff semi
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   4th         Promoted via playoffs
2019/20   Barclays Premier League  16th        
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  11th
2021/22   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup finalists
2022/23   Barclays Premier League  7th         Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
2023/24   Barclays Premier League  3rd
2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Champions League finalists
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Carling Cup finalists
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  2nd
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, and Carling Cup winners
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Club World Cup winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA and Carling Cup winners
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and Carling Cup winners
2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CWC FA and Carling Cup winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2036/37   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2037/38   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2038/39   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2039/40   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2040/41   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Carling Cup winners, Champions league finalists
2041/42   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2042/43   Barclays Premier League  5th         Club World Cup winners
2043/44   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Carling Cup and Europa League winners
2044/45   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and Carling Cup finalists
2045/46   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2046/47   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2047/48   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2048/49   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, and FA Cup winners
2049/50   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Club World Cup winners
2050/51   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners, FA Cup and CL finalists
2051/52   Barclays Premier League  4th    
2052/53   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners, FA Cup finalists
2053/54   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners
2054/55   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2055/56   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CWC, and FA Cup winners, CL finalists

Next Season

It was a shame to miss out on the clean sweep but we will be determined to win it next year.

Dafuge, another good season, i just can't seem to get that level of domination, mind you Arsenal got 81 points last year after beating me twice.

Midgetram, Can i ask why you are looking for free transfers and not spending any money?

you have more money than i do and i have had champions league money for years, in fact with 70 million in the bank last season i spent 30 million on 1 player.

Dafuge - thats a stupid amount of players with 10+ goals! How did you manage that?

No idea really, but I think it is because I have a lot of good attacking players but no exceptional strikers. I think I'd still prefer to have just one player scoring 30+ though.

No idea really, but I think it is because I have a lot of good attacking players but no exceptional strikers. I think I'd still prefer to have just one player scoring 30+ though.

Thing is its not just your strikers - none of them are particularly outstanding from that although hardly poor, its the amount of midfielders who are scoring loads of goals. Amazing.

Boreham Wood FC – Coca Cola League Two - 2015/16

After a dismal performance last season, it felt like we had gone back two years. Stability was once again key – although one target I had in mind was to try to beat the 60 point mark and have our best season in League Two. The Playoffs were a distant speck after 2014/15.

League Table

League Positions Graph

But despite that, it was safe to say things still didn’t go as planned. A terrible season, where we rarely even looked like getting wins. Relegation seemed a certainty until the last 10-15 games of the season when we had a big revival and pushed towards safety. After the 41st game, we were off the bottom for the first time since the table began to take shape. It seemed we might just pull off an extremely unlikely survival – we had been well over 10 points adrift earlier in the year. Two wins from the final five games seemed to be shaping up to be the target. But two defeats in the first two of those made it harder, and the third one felt like the end of it, although Rochdale’s defeat left us still only two points off safety, meaning that two wins should still be enough, and even one could be. We beat Stevenage in the penultimate game only for Rochdale to beat playoff-qualified Port Vale! So on the final day we had to win and hope Rochdale lost. When they went 1-0 up at Newport County, it seemed very unlikely that it would be our day, and soon Scunthorpe took the lead, and relegation, bar a miracle, was a certainty. When Rochdale and Scunthorpe both doubled their leads, the dream was over for the Wood. It would have been a miracle for us to have stayed up after the run of 15 games without a win during that season. I’ve never actually been relegated in FM before. Its not fun.

The e.on FA Cup – Bolton aren’t in the Premiership, although as I write this they are in the Championship playoffs, and I think this just about counts as a glamour tie for us.

The Carling Cup – no disgrace here, Palace riding high and getting promoted to the Championship.

The Johnstone’s Paint Trophy – stunning win over MK Dons, and the Oxford game was a bit of disappointment really. They were struggling in League One and ended up relegated.

Transfers – a whole load of players left at the start of the season having run their contracts down. And replacing them was more complicated than I thought, mainly because my scouts were all out of contract and had to be replaced. That partly accounts for the major failure this season. Spent January buying with the BSS in mind – decent players who probably wouldn’t sign for me in the conference on 2-3 year contracts. In the end that might have backfired as I don’t know whether they’re really good enough for League Two. Hopefully they will prove me wrong with some quality additions next year. Devitt and Henderson were the pick of the bunch this year in terms of transfers in. Also managed to recoup half a million which helped ease the financial difficulties caused by a large squad of hopeless losers! size]

Squad – evidence of a really shocking season here. Too many regulars averaging well under 7 – often under 6.75, which is real relegation material and it’s not really surprising that we’ve gone down after that.

Key Player Profiles:

Peter Parnaby – Held onto him and without the injuries he suffered this season we would definitely have stayed up as I’m sure he would have won us at least one more game! This season it will be very hard to keep hold of Parnaby because he wants to leave and he has a relegation release clause. However, I don’t think I will get the £450,000 it would take to force my hand, and to be honest even half of that would be really good.

Kingsley Woods – loan signing from Grimsby, would have been a big part of the reason we stayed up if we had managed it.

Jamie Devitt – impressive number of goals and assists from a winger in a relegated team.

Conor Henderson – nothing special but pretty consistent.

Records Broken this Season:

Highest Scoring Game: 6-4 v Torquay, League Two, 6th January

Most Games Without Winning: 15, 1st December to 20th February

Highest Transfer Fee Received: £210,000 for Mark Hooper from Bolton

Highest Transfer Income: £400,000

Cumulative Records (by current players):

EXTENDED:

Most League Goals for Boreham Wood: Jamie Robins – now extended to 64

Career Overview

[size=2]Season    League                   Position    Points Total   Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South          1st            92        Promoted as Champions
2011/12   Blue Square Premier        5th            83        Promoted as Playoff Winners
2012/13   Coca Cola League 2        20th            53        -
2013/14   Coca Cola League 2        15th            60        - 
2014/15   Coca Cola League 2        20th            50        -
2015/16   Coca Cola League 2        23rd            38        Relegated[/size]

Next Season

Nothing less than promotion will do. How I go about that is difficult to know. I think the current squad is, for the most part, good enough for BSP level, but a bit of strengthening with League Two also in mind would be good. The squad will need to be trimmed, too, because we’re in a fair bit of debt. Do I get parachute payments for dropping out of the League?

GOM, i'm sure there are no parachute payments for the conference, also it strikes me you must have too many players, in 3 years of being in L2 i only loaned out 4 players.

This was because i had very few players in the squad but i concentrated on paying higher wages for quality players. I had a first 11 and maybe another 11 as backup most could cover several positions. I also had a few youth players but dumped any youth player at 17 who didn't have the potential to play in the league i was in

24 players he has + 2 on loan. Not a massive squad by any means, but maybe look to trim it down, and like Baker says, loan in better quality from prem/CCC teams for 0 wages.

24 players he has + 2 on loan. Not a massive squad by any means, but maybe look to trim it down, and like Baker says, loan in better quality from prem/CCC teams for 0 wages.

No, I have far far more than that - all hidden away on loan and/or in reserves. he is correct.

GOM, i'm sure there are no parachute payments for the conference, also it strikes me you must have too many players, in 3 years of being in L2 i only loaned out 4 players.

This was because i had very few players in the squad but i concentrated on paying higher wages for quality players. I had a first 11 and maybe another 11 as backup most could cover several positions. I also had a few youth players but dumped any youth player at 17 who didn't have the potential to play in the league i was in

Yes, you were right about PPs. And thanks for the advice, you're probably right about that. The loaned out players were all on high wages so it saved me a lot of money. A couple of them could even have been first team players but finances dictated it.

I probably should dump more players at 17.

Midgetram, Can i ask why you are looking for free transfers and not spending any money?

you have more money than i do and i have had champions league money for years, in fact with 70 million in the bank last season i spent 30 million on 1 player.

Because I can... :rolleyes: To be honest I don't know what it is stopping me spending money, I think it's more of an intrigue to see how far I can go without spending any money. Even the staff I've brought in have all came on frees :o

Saying that though, I may have gone overboard with the free transfers this summer. 18 in total, including 6 natural CMs (where my formation only needs 1). I think I may have underestimated the lure of European football..

GOM unlucky on the relegation there, but it could be a good thing for you. I got relegated my first season in League 1 and it proved to be a positive for the Pilgrims so it may be that you'll come back and do a lot better.

I don't think I ever finally updated how I done with this, started this around page 20/30/40ish :p

But as Farnborough, I made the Premier League by 2018 I think, survived by a goal in my first season in the Premiership, 15th next, 3rd the next (champions league qualification), then won it the next season, along with the Champions League (Challenge complete), done the same the season after, only won the Premier League the next season though..

Got a brand new stadium, 'Farnborough Stadium', and I don't play FM much atm, but if I ever need to get back into it, I go into this game, it's awesome.

So, thanks dafuge for the challenge, I'll be back to do it next year, :thup:

Because I can... :rolleyes: To be honest I don't know what it is stopping me spending money, I think it's more of an intrigue to see how far I can go without spending any money. Even the staff I've brought in have all came on frees :o

Saying that though, I may have gone overboard with the free transfers this summer. 18 in total, including 6 natural CMs (where my formation only needs 1). I think I may have underestimated the lure of European football..

I'm in PL and I still look for freebees :)

I don't really bring in frees now in the Prem. Not sure how much quality you'll get in that way. Only ever get old players who'll be good for a season or two. Much rather my focus on getting in cheap youngsters with a couple established youngish players while improving my youth facilities.

For anyone playing as FC United (or thinking of managing them) here's the latest kits and badges for FC United:

http://rapidshare.com/files/385230542/Graphics.rar

-If you have no other badges/kits, place the whole extracted folder into Documents/SportsInteractive/FM10

-If you have badges/kits for other teams already, place the FCUM Badges/FCUM Kits folders into your existing badges/kits folders.

No reposting without permission.

Enjoy :)

(Note - FCUM no longer use the Blue kit IRL, and the White kit is now the away kit, but as FM uses a Blue kit, I've kept the Blue away, and made the new White kit replace the old White 3rd kit)

Now struggling in the BSP - I'm currently in London for the rest of the day so I dont want to start a new game just yet but the plan if things dont improve in the 2-3 hours of gameplay I will have left today is to start a new game with the right set-up this time (I dont think I used the DDT file correctly because there's never any decent youngsters from Celtic/Rangers as everyone keeps going on about), and completely start again. We shall see.

2022-2023 Season Review-Kings Lynn-CCL2

This season we had to get promoted as our finances are incredibly bad so promotion or a great cup run was essential. Our cup runs were non existent so promotion was the only option. A great last day saw us creep into the playoffs. We drew our home leg and beat Forest Green away in the second leg 1-0 to go to Wembley to play Telford in the playoff final. A great performance saw us win 2-1 but it could have and should have been more. KINGS LYNN ARE PROMOTED.

Stars of the Season

Scott Norris-Normally I play him as a striker but I decided to play him as an AMC this season and he was immense as always a great season.

Prince Addai-I bought him with the hope of a future star but he came good early and was inspirational especially in the run in.

League Table-7th

League Positions Graph

FA Cup-1st round v Eastwood

League Cup-1st round v Stoke

JPT-2nd round v Peterborough

Manager Overview

Transfers

CAREER SUMMARY

Season    League                            Position       Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square North                 18th           None
2011/12   Blue Square North                 4th            Promoted via Playoffs
2012/13   Blue Square Premier               16th           None
2013/14   Blue Square Premier	            19th           None
2014/15   Blue Square Premier	            16th           None
2015/16	  Blue Square Premier	            3rd            Playoff Semi losers
2016/17	  Blue Square Premier	            5th	           Promoted via Playoffs	
2017/18	  League 2			    21st	   None	
2018/19	  League 2			    9th		   None
2019/20	  League 2			    15th           None
2020/21	  League 2			    9th	           None
2021/22	  League 2			    7th		   Playoff Semi losers
2022/23	  League 2			    7th		   Promoted via Playoffs

Decided (for now at least) to stick with my original Boreham Wood game and try to turn around the team's fortunes. Gonna give it another season after this one and if I'm not in League Two by then I'll start again. But can someone give me a hand setting up the game? Every time I do, even if I tick "add key staff", I have none.

So, uh, any advice for the first season in the Prem? I'm getting killed at the minute...but it's all very narrow 1-0 losses. Only problem is we never look like creating anything.

Stick with it. My first season in PL was like that. A lot of almost-wins.

Play defensively and counter often as you will be the underdog a lot.

Chelseadaft Ashford Town (Middx) Season 8 2017/18 The Championship - Promotion!!!

Well after a season of stability we have done it! We are in the Premier League after just 8 seasons and am well pleased. We have made fantastic progress and had to do it this season by starting out once more with our 2550 seat staduim as we had to wait for our new one to be finished.

We got the news in early September it was ready and the move was completed. We now have a 13270 all-seat staduim.

What was good for me this pre-season was the news that the board had doubled my wage budget to £24,000 per week and given me some money to spend. The was because of the money we received for TV rights and also we received 3 more parachute payments of £400k which really helped the finances.

I knew that once the staduim was done and we moved into that we would be making loads of money so utilised the money I had along with the loan markets all season loan. Two transfers of note were to bring in a better goalkeeper (degan) who was rubbish and began moaning when he wasn't starting games so luckily enough sold him for a £400k profit and the other was ex-Chelsea Connor Clifford. The hardworking midfielder became my club captain and set the tone for the side at the beginning of the season. When Blackburn came knocking with a bid of £1.5m, knowing it could go into my wage budget for next season I decided to sell.

We started off ok-ish. Winning games and then losing a few. I was switching between a standard, counter and attacking mentality from the start and that's what cost me defeats. Once I reverted to the original attacking mentality we were flying. Better quality defenders came into the squad on loan, midfielders too and bolstered my forward line with pace and power up front.

By the Jan transfer window we were just inside the playoffs so decided to bring in some more players and loans and the team went from strength to strength. We gained promotion with games to spare and went into the last games right behind Blackburn. They beat us at their place but then lost as we won away in the second to last game of the season. We were just a point behind with our last game at home and theirs away and I had hoped to nick the title right at the death, but it wasn't to be. We both won so we finished on 95 points and just one point behind Blackburn.

A fantastic achievement for our side and our club. I had previously received news from the board that our training facilities are being invested in so looking forward to that for the new season.

We are now selling out our home games every game now too so hopefully it won't be too long till the stadium is expanded once more. Our finances looked great too!. Now looking forward to rebuilding a squad capable of staying in the Premier League and the mega TV money you get.

Let's hope I can keep our run of success going. For now this is it. I am too excited to write anymore as I need to get on with my first ever Premier League season in this challenge ever!

Here are the players who have done the business for me:

GK: Henderson / Berry

DR: Linney / OConnor

DL: Johansson / Fernando

DC: Diallo / Beorlegui / Edgar

DMC: Elliott / Taiwo

MC: Kwarteng / Moussi

AMC: Edwards / Pechart

FC: Corderoy / Saul

FC: Boyd / Wale

Unused Loanee : Brett

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18   Championship             2nd         Promoted

Wow. If I play soon to be sold Nathaniel Wedderburn by January, he will have (with the help of other clubs admittedly) played in every league in England, incuding Blue Square North and South.

I've just lost in the Champions League thanks to my Keeper whacking a free-kick at one of my players (instead of passing the ball to him) resulting in the ball bouncing off my defender leaving the computer with a 40 yard tap in :mad:

It wasn't even a one of as early in the match my Striker decided to whack a free-kick at another one of my players instead of waiting for him to move out of the way which resulted in the free kick being wasted :(

After cruising through my Euro Cup group, I get a mother of all ties against Villarreal in the last 32 :( Think the european dream might end earlier than I would like this season...

EDIT: Even if I were to get through, my opponents in the last 16 will be either Lazio or Porto. :rolleyes:

After being away for a while due to starting a new job, meaning no real time to play FM, I dislocated my knee a week or so ago, so got plenty of time to play. I took a break from my Kingstonian game in order to have a play around with tactics, gone to load my game up today and have a corrupt file! :(

Am ****ed off, 18 seasons gone! I normaly do a rolling 3 save thing but due to me being silly, at some stage in the last few weeks I deleted them.

Am on hoilday as we speak to start this again, will post screenie soon

Beerish - My first season in the prem isn't all plain sailing either my friend. I've had to re-think my tactics after a somewhat promising start, I've started to nosedive a tad :)

We're wasting our time. We get embarassed every single game. I'm bottom, on the back of a six game losing streak in January. Players, tactics, mean nothing. It's absolutely abject no matter what.

That reminds me of how my first bash at the CCC felt. We were awful and deservedly went straight back down. Atm due to not having much spare time the last few days I'm sitting 14th after 12 games w4d2l6. I won 4 out of my first 5 though, so you can see how my form has badly dipped.

I think it was bound to happen eventually; I've had so many lucky promotions over the years that I deserve to have my ass handed to me. It's probably just more irritating that it should be at the top level, where consolidating your position really means something.

How do teams in this challenge generally fare when relegated from the Prem? Highest league I've got to before is League 1, where I stayed for ages last time I attempted this.

Chelseadaft Ashford Town (Middx) Season 9 2018/19 - Premier League.

I couldn't wait to get started in the Premier League. With the TV money coming in and also the news of my new wage/transfer budget from the board I knew we could achieve our aim of avoiding relegation.

So again, I set about clearing out the deadwood and utlising the Loan Markets. In addition to players I kept in my squad from last season such as, Beorlegui, Boyd, Corderoy and Wale with loaned out as not quite good enough Henderson, here are the season's transfers.

In came Michael Essien to play the holding role on a free transfer. I paid £3m for Geraint Goodwin from Man Utd to increase my firepower up front as he had been on loan previously with me for a couple of seasons.

Ciaran Clark and Mohammed Issa came in to the club costing me £8.1m in total but would sure up my backline. ( I also turned down an £8m bid from Chelsea for Issa in the Jan window).

Kostadin Stoyanov came into the club and can play anywhere along the backline for a fee of £2.2m (in the beginning turned out to be a snip but last third of the season his form dropped) along with Williamson and Sueiro a young starlet from Barcelona on loans.

I decided to spend money on new GK's and brought in Larsen for £1.2m who then missed the majority of the season after doing in his cruciate ligaments and also Ruben on loan from Liverpool.

In Midfield added to Michael Essien was the experienced Deegan for £1.4m from Coventry, Diallo £1.4m from Nantes, Deul £1m from Willem II, Kanda and then Brown on Loan.

Including Loan Fee's I had spent £21.5m on new players and had recouped £9.25m on the deadwood including a record £1.6m for Alex Edwards.

We made a good start to the season, everyone gelled earlier than expected and we were 4th after 4 games and 3rd after 7. Our performances and results then varied until we sat top of the league after 17 games.

We were playing well against the big sides. This was a stand out result leading up till Christmas. We were beating the mid-table sides and the lower rep Prem sides and I then believed that we could maybe push on for a top-half finish.

With the staduim selling out our 13,270 tickets for every home game for the second season running after it had been built I was hoping that something would happen, for the board to invest and expand the stadium.

With the transfer window approaching and looking to wheel-and-deak some more I received this message followed by this one. I was screwed and knew I had to strengthen but my hands were tied. It wasn't until the beginning of March I then received confirmation the takeover had been completed. So I missed out on doing any business at all in Jan.

Luckily enough up to that point we were still doing well. We were drawn away to Liverpool in the FA CUP 3rd round and forced a draw and brought them back to the Ashford Stadium and produced our best display of the season to hammer them! The cup run didn't last though and we lost two rounds later to Sheff Utd.

Our League form maintained itself really as I always make three changes to my side on 60 mins to keep important positions in my tactic fresh and after Christmas we were never any lower than seventh in the league. We stablised our position in 6th place in the Premier League in the last 6 games of the season and we had done it, we had Qualified for the EURO Cup next season! Little-old Ashford (Middx) !!:thup::D. Here is the squad screen.

With finishing 6th we also were awarded some much needed prize money as you will see on my finances screen after the monies were received. (I just realised I have loaded through a new season and never took the table screenie at the end of the season, if you check my prize money screen you will see confirmation I finished 6th so sorry about that).

I then received the following two messages about a Staduim Expansion (at last) and also training facilities being done.

So well pleased with our performances this season and to finish in 6th with the Europa League next season is amazing, then again, this whole journey has been up till now!

Roll on next season (I'm off to get my passport! :D)

2017/18   Championship             2nd         Promoted
2018/19   Premier League           6th         Euro Cup Qualification.

Archived