dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ta magman - really satisfying. Think I will struggle once I get up to league two though. BSP should be alright based on what I've seen so far although it might take a couple of years, but most of my players wont be good enough much beyond that.

EDT: Spoke too soon. A couple of wins followed by a couple of heavy defeats. This could be anything from a relegation scrap to a promotion push. Who knows?

Thanks for the Horsham Save.

Just wondering if anyone has a save game with all top clubs players retained. I can not get the DDT file to show up in 10.3 patch and really want to give this a go. I dont mind if it is already with the teams promoted or if it is from the 24th june. Would like to start with a local team (South east England) but am not really fussed just as long as the top club players are retained.

Thanks Guys

Any help would be greatly received even if it is just help placing the DDT file in the right place i downloaded through steam and have placed it in the same folder as the Holland Team DDt but it still does not appear is there something that i am doing wrong??

Chelseadaft Ashford Town Season 2 2011/2012 Blue Square Premier

Well after last seasons unexpected promotion I decided to do the same once more and get rid of the deadwood and bring in some better players. The players that came in were, as per my scout/ass man reports, of League 2 standard. Here are my transfers.

We started off fantastic and went on a really good run. At the turn of the year we were sitting 2nd in the League.

Unfortunatley, my squad lacked depth and also my backup GK wasn't any good and as usual the game hit me right where it hurts towards the all important run in.

With the injuries and lack of squad depth, we fell from 2nd to 3rd as Grimsby ran away with the league. Oxford with a late surge pipped me to 2nd place which mean't I had to play my bogie side Histon in the play off semi finals, without both my GK's and as you can imagine we lost 4-1 on agg.

Overall, I am still pleased with the progress little old Ashford town are making.

Here are some more screenies.

Job Offer

Finances

League Table

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South        1st         Champions!
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      3rd         Lost in Playoff Semis

Chelseadaft Ashford Town Season 3 2012/13 Blue Square Premier - Champions!

After a great season, just missing out on promotion it was important to restructure the side and again get rid of players who just never cut it last season. Players came in on free transfers, again based on scout reports stating their rep's are League 1/2 and the others were shown the door. I made £200k from transfers alone.

I decided to stick with my 4-1-2-1-2 formation but made a change this time, I changed the starting mentality to Attacking & Very Ridged and set about getting promotion.

The players were fantastic once more and we scored over 100 goals and over 100 points in the season. They were different class.

The chart to show the sides progress states just how well we did after it took a couple of games for players to settle and find their feet.

We had an impressive win in the first round of the FA Cup against Leyton Orient as we thrashed them. Then we came down to earth with a bump in the 2nd round when we played Stockport.

Again this season, I was linked with a number of different clubs but had these two job offers which were of course, turned down.

The players played really well once more, but i rotated them alot as the season went on. I was lucky with injuries as again only had my main keeper. This is something that needs addressing big time with promotion.

So now its a task to get the staff and playing staff right in our bid to take on the Football League.

Really pleased with how the seasons have progressed so far! :D

Here are some more screenies:

Finances

Manager of the Year

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      1st         Champions

Oxford City - Season 2016/17 - Coca Cola Championship

Pre-Season, and all the hopes and expectations therein

Probably the most disappointing yet, though it did contribute a great deal by letting me re-evaluate my squad and therefore not having an even worse start to the season than I eventually did. We notched up promising heavy away wins at Wycombe and South Melbourne, David Franck looking particularly sharp in front of goal. We then faced Stoke at home, one of our co-habitors of the Championship, and we lost handily, lucky to score in a 4-1 reverse. We were then lucky to draw against St. Pat's Athletic, and, following a win at Vauxhall, we received a drubbing from Wolves, a team who would be in the CCC this season and we'd pushed all the way in pre-seasons before.

Transfers

5 club legends and some of our best players departed in July, either through being poached, getting too old, or not being up to CCC standard in my eyes. They were wholly replaced by free transfers and loan signings throughout the season; we had no paid money transfers this year. By contrast, our income from transfers was very healthy, to counterbalance a squad that was too big and the financial problems that arise when your stadium capacity is 3000.

The Season!

A capacity ground awaited Oxford City as they made their heroic rise up the leagues, and after 14 seconds they would be stunned into silence as Nicky Evans carved us open. They would do this to us twice more in the opening 7 minutes, and it looked for all the world that we were punching above our weight, and we were heading for a Derby style season. The lads did well to ride the rest of it out, and Paulinho's superb individual effort in the second half made the scoreline look a little more appealing. A disappointing away defeat to Wigan, however, showed we still had work to do.

Our next game was at home to perennial mid-tablers Southampton, the type of game we had to win if we wanted to stay in this division. Daryl Murphy turned in a performance of utter brilliance - he scored a brace (only one of two occasions this happened in our whole team throughout the season) and assisted the other for Karakas as it finished, for all intents and purposes, Daryl Murphy 3 - 1 Southampton. Huddersfield followed and we showed our defensive frailties again, shipping 4 with only 2 late goals as consolation. We closed out August with a win that would be indictive of our season, Oguzhan Karakas' goal on the counter attack settling matters after only 4 minutes. This type of '1-0' football was very different to the free scoring matches of the previous seasons, but it was our most effective way of playing.

Our away form was lacking the same quality; we went down 2-1 at bottom club Doncaster in what was their first win of the season. Not even a rare performance away from home by Costa Rica captain Randall Azozeifa could inspire us. Middlesborough's class showed as they nudged past us 1-0, and Mark McGarry's brilliance ensured we left Cardiff with nothing to show for our efforts. Our next two home games were crucial, and both Norwich and Milwall were left ruing '1-0 Karakas' results. Often he'd have no support and 5 defenders near him, but his strength and pace combined with the decency of the ball coming out of defence would give him a rare chance - and he'd bury it.

We could have asked for better fixtures than to play 2nd placed Coventry and 1st placed Wolves away from home in the space of a week, but after a disappointing 4-1 defeat at Coventry the lads rallied round and came so close to upsetting Wolves as we lost 2-1 to a team that failed to win only 7 of their league games all season. Ollie Brierley netted our goal. Back to Court Place Farm against fellow relegation battlers Scunthorpe (my team IRL...) and despite their response to Karakas' effort, Joao Lemos netted his first of many headers from set pieces as we picked up a crucial 3 points. Once again we battled to no avail at high flying Birmingham, before we put in an exceptionally disappointing performance at home to relegation threatened Stoke, losing 2-0 to a team who looked very poor to my eyes.

The long trip to Brighton was met with nothing but a Lemos consolation, and he netted another in the following game as Notts County proved to be one of the few teams who could really pry open our defence at home, winning 3-1. Then came, on the 12th of November, the win which I felt turned our season around - at this point we were hovering just above the relegation places, and Reading were in mid-table. Karakas and Paulinho combined beatifully at the attacking end of our 4-4-1-1 formation to bag us a 2-0 win, our first points on the road. Reading would eventually be relegated, so perhaps it turned their season as well. We the railled brilliantly from 3-0 down at Loftus Road but some superb wing play in the second half only got us two goals. We returned to Court Palace Farm full of hope for our next few fixtures, as they looked very winnable indeed.

And won they were, Peterborough sent packing by our annoying style of football and then we utilised Crystal Palace's frustrations to out-maneuver them and win 3-0...away. The benchmark for most impressive win for the season was then shattered, as traditional play-off team Leicester fell victim to our counter-attacks and set pieces, goals coming from Karakas (who else?) and Lemos. Unfortunately our next game was televised, so naturally we were tonked at Ipswich. Moving on, we demonstrated our improvement from August by earning a 1-1 draw at Plymouth when Valbuena netted his first of the season. And then again, by beating Wigan 1-0 at home, Paulinho netting the decisive goal as Karakas was suffering personal issues and homesickness. A few games later, we demonstrated how our style meant we could not take advantage of lesser teams, a draw at home to bottom club Doncaster meaning our aggregate tally from them for the season was just 1 point. This contrasted with out next game, where we were unlucky to come away with Middlesborough with just a point courtesy of Blanco's goal.

A rare goalfest at Court Palace Farm saw us sneak past Huddersfield 3-2, overturning a 2-1 deficit with just 8 minutes to be played. Nondescript draws against Cardiff and Milwall preceded a remarkable win at home to Premiership bound Coventry, Cavalli's own goal on the stroke of half-time proving the decisive goal despite much late pressure. Antonioli's late winner took our points tally against Norwich to 6 and we then ran Wolves exceedingly close again, losing out 1-0 this time. We departed February on a high as we once again came back from a goal down to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat at Scunthorpe, Karakas netting the winner on his return to the side.

Birmingham made the mistake of pushing men forward in the second half of their return fixture against us, and paid the price as we smashed 3 past their bewildered defence with no reply. We then secured now-regulation points against Stoke and Brighton but Notts County once again proved too classy, as David Jones' late winner made it 2-1 just as Stefan Maierhofer looked to have snatched us a point. March's last game was our worst performance of the season at home to Reading, lucky to only lose 2-0. The reaction was superb; our biggest win of the season, 4-0 at home to QPR where Paulinho bagged only the 2nd league brace of the season. The final 4 games of the season passed much without incident with out safety assured, only failing to pick up points on the last day at home to Ipswich when our fringe players got a run-out.

Final League Table

It's good to be mid-table: a much better return than I anticipated in our first season at this level. Next season, I think we'll end up in a similar or worse position as we wait for the new ground to be built.

Positions Graph

Never reached the play-offs, never in doubt of relegation. A very welcome 'safe' season.

Stats

Shows off Valbuena's surprising dominance.

Squad (End Of Season)

Only 3/4 players who really commanded a first team spot and stayed injury free, as you can see.

Finances (End Of Season)

Forgot to do this after the end of season payout, but we ended up a nice 1 million in the black I believe.

FA Cup

We did brilliantly to earn a replay at the City ground...and what followed was the most frustrating game, ever.

We went 3-0 up in 10 mins. We lost 3-4. It still really cheeses me off.

League Cup

Embarassment at League 2 Cambridge; I feel this represented our lowest ebb in the season.

Key Players

George Elokobi

Still not really commanding the first choice left back berth, but showed impressive consistency and cropped up with vital assists. Never saw a winger really get the measure of him.

Paulinho

With an Off The Ball rating of 2, I wasn't expecting much, but Paulinho's skill on the ball firmly earned him 1st non-loan choice at AMC. A massive surprise.

Jimmy Kebe

Even at 33 he consistently terrorised defences. Tended to get knackered after a while, but was always a threat.

Ander Blanco

Player of the season by a long way. Super quick and awesomely committed, he looked a threat whenever he played, often getting a better match rating by 2.0 points, even in 0-0 draws. We'll struggle to replace him next term.

Francisco Valbuena

Surprise of the season. Released on a free by Real Madrid, he had no real experience of playing football, especially not in England, so he was only signed as cover. After David went through a horror show at the start of the season, he came in more out of desperation than anything else. He made the position his own. Dominant in the air, strong in the tackle, and only got better as the season went on. He has a bright future, something I haven't said a lot in this challenge until recently.

Season    League                      Position      Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square North                  2nd         Promoted via play-offs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier               11th        -
2012/13   Blue Square Premier                3rd        Promoted via play-offs
2013/14   Coca Cola League 2                7th         Promoted via play-offs
2014/15   Coca Cola League 1                16th        -
2015/16   Coca Cola League 1                2nd         Promoted
2016/17   Coca Cola Championship            13th        -

Next Season

Quite simply, don't get relegated. The new ground will be ready the season after next and so the increased revenue should mean we can be a bit more competitive in the league, but until then we have to keep focused on the job in hand.

Nantwich Town – Premier League 2025/26 – Season 16

With a surprise second place finish in the league last season we got to embark on our first Champions League campaign this season.

It appears the board quite liked our European adventure last season as they demand European Qualification of me this season, whilst the media predicted we'd finish 6th and rather surprisingly we have now obtained a Continental Reputation, the bookies also made us sixth favourites for the title.

With a decent opening run in Europe last season we found ourselves moving upto 55th in the European Club Rankings, whilst we became the 29th Richest Club in the World.

Transfers page one and page two - With our increase in reputation I could finally attract promising english youngsters to the club and I went a little crazy poaching promising youngsters for compensation. I paid for my spending spree by selling off squad players who hadn't impressed for a tidy profit.

Community Shield - we started the season by claiming the Community Shield for the first time.

Premier League - We didn't get off to the best of starts in the league having to come back from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 with WBA in the opening game, however we then thrashed Sheff Wed 6-0 and Spurs 3-0 before Newcastle beat us 1-0. However we soon found our way to the top of the league with wins over Man Utd, Arsenal, Burnley, Liverpool, Fulham and Man City, but 1-0 defeats to Wolves, Everton and Newcastle again saw us unable to to break away from a Newcastle side who were level on points with us whilst the rest of the league fell away.

In the middle of February with a 4-2 win over Chelsea we secured our Premiership status after just 26 games, however Newcastle were three points behind with a game in hand, but a month later with us both faltering Newcastle were a point clear having played 32 games to our 30 and two games later despite losing 1-0 to Wolves again we found ourselves level on points with two games in hand still.

With victories over Arsenal and Man City we all but secured the title, in the end securing it with a game to play with a 1-0 win at Sunderland.

Table - it was another solid season defensively that brought us the title with 24 clean sheets, with 12 of our wins being 1-0, whilst each of our defeats were 1-0 defeats, only three times this season did we conceed more than once.

Whilst at the bottom Sheff Wed, Sunderland and QPR were all awful and were all relegated with a fair bit of games left.

POS Graph - we were at the top all season with Newcastle sneaking past us due to having played more games.

Claiming the Premier League Title also saw me named Manager of the Year.

So with the first half of the Challenge complete could we also claim the Champions League at the first time of asking.

The bookies didn't give us much chance of success with the likes of Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus still favourites.

Again we were third seeds and drew a group of death; Juventus, Porto and CSKA Sofia, however we found the group surprisingly easy my Defensive Counter Attacking style seemed to suit European football and in the opening game at home to Juventus we soaked up the pressure and hit them on the break time and timea again and it was only some poor finishing and excellent goalkeeping that kept us at bay with us finaly opening the scoring in the 84th minute to claim a 1-0 win, in the second game my second string went to Bulgaria and came away with a comfortable 3-0 win, next up was a trip to face Porto who we brushed aside 4-1 with us both having to play the second half with 10 men - I lost a player to injury after making all three subs, in the return game my second string again proved to strong as we claimed a 2-1 win and with it qualification from the group, with qualification secured I sent my second string to Turin and they claimed a creditable 1-1 draw thanks to a goal from Magnus Eikrem who all but knocked Juventus out, in our final game we again beat CSKA 3-0 to finish top of the group.

Our prize for finishing top of our group was to draw favourites Barcelona, with the first leg at the Nou Camp we defended strongly until conceeding in the 82nd minute, however four minutes later Dimitrov came off the bench to grab an important away goal. With an away goal we could sit back and defend in the Home leg, but surprisingly Muraccioli gave us the lead from a free kick just after 20mins and we Barcelona frustrated they were reduced to 10 men just after the hour and 10 minutes later we finished them off to claim an historic 2-0 win.

In the Quarter Finals we would return to Italy to face Sampdoria this time, with the first leg at home we again defended strongly and after half an hour we scored on the break and managed to take a 1-0 lead to Italy with us and in Italy we again produced another solid defensive display ensure Sampdoria couldn't get a shot on target and with a 0-0 draw booked our place in the Semi-Finals.

In the Semi-Final we would again travel to Italy this time to face Fiorentina, with the first leg in Florence we produced another defensive performance and managed to snatch a 1-0 win thanks to a Dario free-kick.

In the second leg we extended our lead with an early goal from Wonderkid Zelaia, before losing right-back Leite to injury, and in the second half with Fiorentina hacking my players down a mistake from my young sub right back allowed Fiorentina back into the tie before Zelaia also went off injured and five minutes later disaster struck as we gave away a soft penalty that put Fiorentina ahead on away goals, however we were to have the last laught as sub van Beek thread the ball through to Costa who made it 2-2 in the 92nd minute from what looked like an offside position and somehow we'd made it to the Champions League Final were we would face a Real Madrid side who had just knocked out Porto.

We weren't given much chance in the Final against 13 times winners Real Madrid, though they were proven right this time as Real Madrid proved to be to strong for us, whilst we defended strongly we just couldn't create any chances, it didn't help that we ever we got into the final third Real just hacked us down with me losing sub van Beek to injury late on whilst in the 88th minute Real were reduced to 10 men, but we neither of us able to break the deadlock the game went to extra-time, but even with 10 men we still couldn't break Madrid down and they finally took the lead after 103 minutes from a corner, but two minutes later we were given another chance as Madrid were reduced to 8 men, but we still couldn't break them down and Madrid held out for a 1-0 win :(

Carling Cup - ended quickly this season as we lost to Man City in the 4th round after extra-time, apparently despite winning it for the last two seasons we weren't expected to do anything this season.

FA Cup was a disapointment aswell, we claimed comfortable victories over Liverpool and Wolves before needing a replay to sneak past Peterborough, before suffering a poor defeat to Everton in a 6th Round Replay.

Squad - we didn't suffer that many injuries this season so I was free to rotate my squad when I wanted to get my squad players some more experience.

Turkish Keeper Taha Kodalak had another solid season in goal and it's no surprise our sucess have come since signing him, he even chiped in with 5 assists and was named Runner-up for European Goalkeeper of the Year he was also named in the Champions League Dream Team, Alan Dolan again provided cover and he even managed to keep clean sheets in all but one appearnce but isn't happy being backup and will be sold once he has finished tutoring my young keepers.

At Full Back Pedro Leite had another excellent season bar a couple of penalty misses, covering him was Brazilian Cledson who looks like he could be a quality player, on the left Airam Barba was also in good form though he is being pushed hard by fellow Spanaird Ricardo Jimenez Garcia who for the last two seasons has torn up both the Championship and German League whilst on loan and returned as a Wonderkid and most surprisingly was named Spains left-back for the World Cup.

In the centre of Defence Captain Erwin Bauwens was in good form however age seems to be catching up to him as again his form dropped in the middle of the season, so I really need one of my young centre-backs to step up next season, thankfully his partner Ian Thomas was in excellent form and was named fans player of the year and is now a key part of the England squad that has just won the World Cup for the second time in a row. Providing cover was Russian Sergey Kalashnikov who had a fine season and will hopefully step up to replace Bauwens, whilst English Centre-Back Ray Bristow didn't really impress and with other options his time might be over depending on his wage demands.

In the Defensive Midfielder role Adam Rains had another solid season, whilst Chris Smith and Andres fought to be his long term replacement.

In the centre of midfield Playmaker Dario had another fantastic season and found himself named European Midfielder of the Year and Runner Up for World Footballer of the Year, World Player of the Year and European Footballer of the Year and he was also named in the World Team of the Year. Providing cover for Dario was fellow Brazilian Carlinhos who had a solid season but isn't likely to ever challenge Dario for his spot.

On the right hand side of my midfield trio was Frenchman Jerome Muraccioli who did well when he played and even managed to score a couple of free-kicks, whilst on the left hand side Ricardo Sousa had a solid season and is really turning into a World Class player. Providing cover was English Midfielder Daniel Williams who did well considering he missed most of last season through injury, whilst Brazilian youngster Eduardo became my latest Wonderkid and he had a good season until injury ended it, fellow Brazilian Glaucio also had a good season despite mainly being used as a sub.

Upfront I went with my two Spanish Strikers as first choices, Antonio Costa lead the line as my Target Man and finished as my Top Scorer again, partnering him was Wonderkid Inaki Zelaia who had a solid season as my support Striker and whilst he doesn't get that many goals his movement opens up space that my other players can exploit and he came Second in English Young Player of the Year award with Eduardo third. Providing cover upfront was Vladislav Dimitrov who lead the line for my second string though he is now thinking of retiring. Whilst my other Strikers were on their last chace Dutch Striker Ernst van Beek isn't really good enough any longer however on occasion he does have the ability to come off the bench and change games, it is the same with French Striker Frank Schmidt he's a good player but he just doesn't fit into my team.

Elsewhere Nantwich Icon Magnus Eikrem finally retired this season at a record 348 league games for the club (378 games in total), it's just a shame he couldn't add the Champions League to his league title, on the plus side he is now one of my coaches.

Best XI - Still has Dario as a DM.

Overview

Confidence - Untouchable, though the fans aren't happy about the Champions League Final defeat.

Finances are now looking very healthly thanks to prize money bringing in £40m, we were even able to pay off our debts, though the gift loan wasn't paid off.

Our ground was also expanded upto 28,000 capacity and it now looks like a rather nice Premier League ground, hopefully it should still have room for expansion as the two corners on the right hand side of the pitch haven't been filled in yet, so hopefully we'll be able to get upto 40,000 as there are only six Premier League Grounds smaller than mine.

So the plan for next season is simple win the Champions League.

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11        Blue Square North         1st              Promoted - Champions
2011/12        Blue Square Premier       3rd              Promoted - Play-offs
2012/13        League Two                8th
2013/14        League Two                11th
2014/15        League Two                15th
2015/16        League Two                3rd              Promoted
2016/17        League One                1st              Promoted - Champions
2017/18        Championship              15th
2018/19        Championship              3rd              Promoted - Play-offs
2019/20        Premier League            20th             Relegated
2020/21        Championship              9th
2021/22        Championship              1st             Promoted - Champions
2022/23        Premier League            9th             
2023/24        Premier League            8th             League Cup Winners
2024/25        Premier League            2nd             League Cup & FA Cup Winners
2025/26        Premier League            1st             Champions League Runners-up

Is there any way anyone could load a game for me with all top clubs players retained and save it on the first day. Them upload it for me as i cannot get the ddt file to work on my computer. I can holiday it myself just need the save game file.

ChelseaDaft: I wouldn't mind some screenies of some of the players you think did it for you this season :)

Congrats on promotion :thup:

Mikael, sorry I forgot to do them and have just loaded through the new season (25th June) so the pics below will have their attributes similar.. but no seasonal stats showing.

Here is the squad

GK Fairley

DR Alcock

DL Sheehan

DC Twardzik

DC Cansdell-Sherriff

DMC Howell

MC Stephens

MC Ferry

AMC Sinclair

FC Dickson

FC Lawrie

SUBS

FC Bunting

DR Towell

MC Crawford

DL Page

I had two loans that didn't feature alot and didn't get screenies of them.

According to my Ass Man I need to get rid (end of contract) of Towell, Crawford, Sinclair, Page & Fairley.

Have just gone back to this (FC United, still in BSS/BSN I forget which) and after a while spent playing as Inter this is like slow motion. Going okay though, on course for a play-off place, just need some consistency now.

2021-2022 Season Review-Kings Lynn-CCL2

I recently started this save again and when I started we were languishing in the bottom half of the table but a change in tactics saw us rise up the table and I secured a playoff spot on the last day of the season. Unfortunately we folded in the playoffs and we lost 5-0 on aggregate to Leyton Orient. As we were only expected to get mid table this is a great season.

Stars of the Season

Scott Norris-a great season from the forward scoring and creating goals.

Richard Sheppard-very solid season at left back absolutely quality at this level.

Sam Hill-great season from the forward he was our top scorer this season.

CCL2-7th

League Positions Graph

FA Cup-2nd round v Bournemouth

League Cup-1st round v Peterborough

JPT-1st round v Lincoln

Manager Overview

Transfers

Although we are progressing on the pitch off the pitch we are really struggling. We are in mountains of debt. If anyone has any ideas to get myself into the black they would be very much appreciated.

Career Summary

Season    League                            Position       Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square North                 18th           None
2011/12   Blue Square North                 4th            Promoted via Playoffs
2012/13   Blue Square Premier               16th           None
2013/14   Blue Square Premier	            19th           None
2014/15   Blue Square Premier	            16th           None
2015/16	  Blue Square Premier	            3rd            Playoff Semi losers
2016/17	  Blue Square Premier	            5th	           Promoted via Playoffs	
2017/18	  League 2			    21st	   None	
2018/19	  League 2			    9th		   None
2019/20	  League 2			    15th           None
2020/21	  League 2			    9th	           None
2021/22	  League 2			    7th		   Playoff Semi losers

I lost to Sheffield United. No shame in that, of course, they are in the Premiership. The problem was I have now lost the next four games on the trot in the league and have gone from top of the league to outside the playoff places. How to get back on track?

EDT: I have been ahead in a lot of these games, incidentally. Sometimes two up. Any tips on holding onto leads?

Just let my third 2-goal lead sliip in the last ten games or so. Something like a 15-goal lead in total has been given up in that time, even in the games when we were never 2 goals up, we were often one goal up twice in the game - one occasion three times. This is very frustrating.

Just let my third 2-goal lead sliip in the last ten games or so. Something like a 15-goal lead in total has been given up in that time, even in the games when we were never 2 goals up, we were often one goal up twice in the game - one occasion three times. This is very frustrating.

Try using the touchline instructions and set it to 'contain' or 'counter' if it's around the hour mark and you're leading. Also, at all costs, avoid saying 'pleased' at half-time to your players. Makes them lazy in the 2nd half I've found...

I do tend to do either 'defensive' or 'counter' towards the end. 'Contain', i find, is too negative and just invites the opposition on. Will bear in mind the team talk advice though, ta.

Especially good advice if moral is already high - no need whatsoever to say pleased in that situation. Don't overlook the possibility of "None" as your half time team talk :thup:

God I hate Mr Interfering Chairman...

Marotta, whos on course to break all scoring records, is sold over my head for £6.75m when I slapped a £10m price tag on him. Now Ferrari, whos price tag is around £6m, is now being sold for £4.1m. Hardly any of it is up front as well :mad:

Going to have to find some replacements in January now... :rolleyes:

EDIT: Also Faye is not considering changing his retirement date of 28th January either :confused:

Chelseadaft Ashford Town Season 4 2013/14 League One.

After promotion last season it was a time to strengthen the side. Made a fatal mistake, went through the players and gave new contracts to key players and gave em too much money. Our form was indifferent. We would win, then lose alot of games so come Christmas and the transfer window I had to make a decision to get rid of my top earners.

The problem came about as I had £8300 per week on wages from the board and some of them were on over £1000 or close to. I had also managed to be allowed to bring in 10 coaches and 7 scouts so did that too and the finances became stretched.

I decided to cash in on one of them and made £100,000 which was a result and then brought in players described as "good players" for League 2 rather than "Leading stars" and managed to pick our form up and went on a fantastic run after the new year and just missed out on the playoffs.

I am happy with my position of 10th though as its better than I hoped for as I had hoped to stablise in the division for a season and then kick on from there. Problem I have now is that alot of my staff will not negotiate new contracts as their reputations are "regional".

So Its with excitement that I move into the new season and lets hope I can improve on 10th!.

Screenies below:

League Table

Final Position winnings

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Job Offer

2012/13   Blue Square Premier      1st         Champions
2013/14   League Two               10th        None 

Maidstone Season 14 Update 2023/24 - The Premier League - Challenge Complete!!!!

Media Prediction - 6th

Position - 1st

Its going to be a pretty shoddy update unfortunately as I dont have as much time as in the past :(

Season was prett comfortable, I was able to get some real top players in and my squad is finally starting to look complete albeit small.

1st trophy picked up was the European Super Cup. This was then followed up with the club world cup and finally the fa cup and retained the champions league.

Ozkan was the star of my team this year and needed to be with the wages he was on :) He also picked up the English football of the year award.

Premier League Team of the year and champions league dream team both contain a fair few of my players.

Manager of the Year

League Table

League Positions

Squad

Finances

Manager Profile

Manager Personal

Manager Information

Career Overview:

League         Season    Finished   Achievements
------------------------------------------------
BSS            2010/11   19th
BSS            2011/12   19th
BSS            2012/13   15th
BSS            2013/14   10th
BSS            2014/15   5th        Playoff Winners
BSP            2015/16   10th
BSP            2016/17   1st        FA Trophy
League 2       2017/18   1st        
League 1       2018/19   1st        JPT Trophy
Championship   2019/20   6th        Playoff Winners
Premiership    2020/21   9th
Premiership    2021/22   4th        League Cup
Premiership    2022/23   5th        Champions League, League Cup
Premiership    2023/24   1st        Champions League, FA Cup, European  Super Cup, CLub World Cup.

I will continue on with Maidstone but I am going to have to go back to 2020 as that is the earliest backup I have with working histories.

Boreham Wood FC - Blue Square Premier - 2011/12

Pre-season, once again, all targets were to stay in the division.

League Table

League Positions Graph

Two games in, staying in the division seemed inevitable and I wondered if back-to-back promotions were a possibility. But after that I lost two – the first two away games in fact, and I wondered if it was more likely to be stability, not a rapid rise, that was required this year. But we kept winning and were floating around the top two positions for the rest of the first half of the season. It seemed that we were ready to walk the 2nd promotion in two years. However, after exiting the FA Cup (see below), we lost 4 consecutive games and got just five points from eight games. That took us from top of the league to below the playoff spots. We struggled for much of the rest of the season to break back in, just as we looked ready to do it, we lost again. Then, with two matches to go, and with five games unbeaten, suddenly Luton lost whilst we beat Cambridge and we were back in 5th spot. Two wins would do it – against already-relegated Tamworth (A) and Eastwood (H) – and then the playoffs would beckon. Tamworth put up brave resistance for most of the first half, but goals a few minutes either side of half-time were enough to dispatch them, and one more was added late on. One win from the playoffs...and after a 61st minute Jamie Robins goal, the last few minutes were ridiculously tense until the sweet release of the final whistle confirmed our place in the playoff semi-finals. The playoffs will be coming up live shortly, after which I will repost the season report in its entirety!

Boreham Wood (5th) v Ebbsfleet (2nd) - playoff semi final first leg.

24': 1-0 Jamie Robins with another crucial goal!!

29': 2-0 Get in! Ritchie Gamble doubles the lead!

39': 3-0!!! Yes! Harsanyi makes it three! Looking good for the 'Wood!

Half Time! Its looking good here folks.

59': Robins goes close again. This could be a rout.

78': 3-1 Ebbsfleet are back in it, after a Magno Vieira goal.

90': A great save from Webb keeps it at 3-1. Since the hour mark, they've been all over us.

Full Time. 3-1 in the home leg leaves us well placed to make the final.

Second Leg

Barnett is back in the team for the 2nd leg after injury.

12': 1-0 West crosses to Emanuel to put Ebbsfleet very much back in the tie. 3-2 to the 'Wood on aggregate.

31': For the 2nd game running, Ebbsfleet have a man sent off, again its a 2nd yellow but this time star striker Josh Knight is given his marching orders for...DIVING!!

HALF TIME - we should be able to hang on now they're down to ten men, but another goal would make it comfortable...

53': 1-1 Harsanyi makes it 4-2!! Should be fine now. Final here we come.

90': 1-2 Robins gets another crucial goal to seal and deliver Wood's place in the Final!!

FULL TIME! BOREHAM WOOD ARE IN THE FINAL! ONE SHOT AT CONSECUTIVE PROMOTIONS!

WEMBLEY HERE WE COME!!

Boreham Wood v Barnet, WEMBLEY STADIUM, Playoff Final

28': 1-0! Barnett scores! Oh no! He's had it chalked off for an apparent foul on the keeper. Dubious decision

HALF TIME: Not a single shot on target yet. Plenty off target (9-5 to the Wood), but we need to get our shooting boots on.

52': Harsanyi finally gets in the first shot on target but its an easy save for the 'keeper.

70': Webb makes his first save of the game - a long shot but it was in the bottom corner. It's cagey. Very.

87': Barnet are pushing for the winner now. Webb has had to make a few good saves recently. Its looking like extra time here at Wembley though.

FULL TIME: That was dire stuff. Really poor game, looked like the players were over-awed by the occasion.

FULL TIME IN EXTRA TIME. Nothing happened. Penalties were beckoning in this game from the first minute.

BARNET PENALTY: Christie....SCORES

WOOD PENALTY: Barnett....[see the irony here? Barnett against Barnet?!]...SCORES

BARNET PENALTY: Brett....SCORES

WOOD PENALTY: Sherwood....SCORES

BARNET PENALTY: Vilhete....SCORES

WOOD PENALTY: Harsanyi....SCORES

BARNET PENALTY: Jennings....SCORES

WOOD PENALTY: Pulis....SCORES

BARNET PENALTY: Hofbauer....BLASTS IT OVER THE BAR!!!!!!

WOOD PENALTY: Measom can win it for the Wood....

BOREHAM WOOD ARE A LEAGUE TEAM!!!!! Get in!!

FC United of Manchester - Blue Square North - 2013/2014

League Table

Awful, awful season, our worst by some distance. We were at one point as low as 19th, but a good mid-season run saw us climb as high as 3rd. But a run of only 4 wins in the last 15 games meant we slipped back down to mid-table mediocrity.

Transfers

Squad

Still fairly young, but with a lot of room for improvement.

Sam Ashton - I may have to look for a new keeper. Conceding 74 goals in a season at any level just aint good enough. I have 18-year-old Clive Dolby, but he is not quite ready.

Nicky Giddings - Despite all the goals conceded, I feel he had a decent season. Performed well without hitting the headlines.

Declan Gallacher - Started every game this season but looked suspect at times, as did most.

Terry Chapple - Arrived in February so only managed 16 appearances but has turned into our best defender. Took over from the rotating Jamie Coyle and Declan Freeman.

Simon Garner - Another productive season from the left-back. 10 assists. 22-year-old Martin O'Neill is his backup and eventual successor.

Ryan Oakley/Luke Garrard - Neither were particularly outstanding, but both covered well for each other. Ryan is only 21 and I feel he has a good future at the club.

Nick Main - Still the midfield star. The best player in the team ability-wise and at 22, has a number of great years to come.

Frankie Low - The other Scotsman was ok, used in rotation because of injuries and, at times, poor form, with Joe O'Sullivan, who may have to leave to cut the wage bill.

Jerome King - 18-year-old looked very good when called upon, should be a star in this team next season. Rotated with Ben Priest and George Purcell, neither of whom will be at the club next season.

Gareth Evans - Had a shocking start following his record £24k move here, but picked up eventually and finished with a slightly-less-than-decent 15 goals. His 13 assists, however, are not to be ignored.

Kyle Wilson - Still the main goalscorer, finished the season with 31 goals, meaning he has scored 144 goals in 182 games since I signed him. Truro City legend Stewart Yetton looked like a great signing, but he failed to build on his excellent scoring record he had with Truro. Youngsters Richard Smith and Max Wright were used sparingly.

FA Cup

Only managed the 4th Qualfying Round before losing at non-league Frickley

FA Trophy

Another non-league team proved too much for us in this, Hendon knocking us out in the 1st Round.

Finances

Still well in the black, beginning to lose £20-30k per month though.

Ashton is awesome!!! I didn't replace him as 1st choice until I was in the CCC!!!

He has been blinding the last couple of years but awful last season. Might give him one more year to prove himself before hunting for a new keeper.

Archived