dafuge's FM10 challenge

Boreham Wood FC - Blue Square Premier - 2011/12

Pre-season, once again, all targets were to stay in the division.

League Table

League Positions Graph

Two games in, staying in the division seemed inevitable and I wondered if back-to-back promotions were a possibility. But after that I lost two – the first two away games in fact, and I wondered if it was more likely to be stability, not a rapid rise, that was required this year. But we kept winning and were floating around the top two positions for the rest of the first half of the season. It seemed that we were ready to walk the 2nd promotion in two years. However, after exiting the FA Cup (see below), we lost 4 consecutive games and got just five points from eight games. That took us from top of the league to below the playoff spots. We struggled for much of the rest of the season to break back in, just as we looked ready to do it, we lost again. Then, with two matches to go, and with five games unbeaten, suddenly Luton lost whilst we beat Cambridge and we were back in 5th spot. Two wins would do it – against already-relegated Tamworth (A) and Eastwood (H) – and then the playoffs would beckon. Tamworth put up brave resistance for most of the first half, but goals a few minutes either side of half-time were enough to dispatch them, and one more was added late on. One win from the playoffs...and after a 61st minute Jamie Robins goal, the last few minutes were ridiculously tense until the sweet release of the final whistle confirmed our place in the playoff semi-finals.

Ebbsfleet were the opposition in the semi. See the match updates above for detailed info, but:

First Leg

Second Leg

So, on to the final at Wembley – our first trip to the national stadium. Barnet had beaten Oxford on penalties in the other semi-final with last minute goals all over the place – first leg, 2nd leg, extra time... But before our final, my own team, Arsenal, lost in extra time to Man City in the FA Cup final, after a last minute equaliser in normal time scored by Robinho. A bad sign?

THE PLAYOFF FINAL

So Boreham Wood are now a league team. Two consecutive promotions! Does this make me a good manager?!

The e.on FA Cup – went one further this season, and I did get the Premiership tie I had been hoping for, although it was Bramall Lane I had to settle for, not Old Trafford. Whilst I lost to Sheffield United, there was a historic win against Blackpool.

FA Trophy – disappointing early exit again this year, in the 2nd round.

Transfers – Harsanyi was the undoubted pick of the bunch, with McPhee and Gray getting honourable mentions for doing well when they were given a chance.

Squad – for a squad which is largely the same as the BSS squad I had, they did well in stepping up a league. Without serious strengthening, I think a 3rd promotion on the bounce is unlikely, but I don’t really want to break up such a winning team, so I don’t intend to completely overhaul the squad. We’ll see how it goes.

Key Player Profiles:

Jamie Robins – scored vital goals, particularly towards the end of the season, and laid on plenty of assists too. 10 man of the match awards is impressive, aswell. Not sure if he’s good enough for League Two, though.

Ben Owen – once again the mainstay of the Wood defence. Definitely good enough for League Two, and at 25, he should still be improving.

Marcus Cassius – top goalscorer, and with a 45% shots on target ratio its not hard to see why. He had a vintage season, and has re-established himself as the first choice striker after not having that title last season.

Ritchie Gamble – definitely a case for him being our player of the year. He pulled the strings from central midfield and his superb pass completion ratio gives you an idea of how central he was in everything good about us this season.

Zoltan Harsanyi – thinking about it, he was definitely the buy of the season. One of my best buys ever. 13 goals from the wing! Outstanding!

Stuart Barnett – didn’t hit the heights of last season and I now have my doubts about his ability to step up to league football, but not a bad season by any means.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South        1st         Promoted as Champions
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      5th         Promoted as Playoff Winners

Next Season

This season was a lot harder than I expected after the first two games. Closing games out is going to have to be the key next season. Any tips on keeping my squad fitness up? I think that was a big factor – we dropped leads late on in a lot of games, sometimes after having a two goal lead, and dropped a big lead in the league late in the season when fitness was really going downwards. Stat of the season? This: Boreham Wood dropped 17 points in the league from winning positions! That’s ridiculous and with those points, we would have been very close to automatic promotion. But we got lucky, so next season is now going to be about survival, almost certainly. Closing out games is bound to be vital, though.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nuneaton 2017-18 League 1

Well well well, After a poor start on my return to League one after suffering relegation...I was poor to say the least!! Turned it round though and managed to finish second to MK Dons in the end, so back up to CCC I go! Sorry my updates are brief, I just dont have the time nor motivation to do the massive updates some of you do. Keep it up though, I enjoy reading them.

Bonus aswell, I managed to bag the Columbia job in pre-season ! :)

Specials props to GreyedoutMan for a triumph in adversity, you've stuck at it and should give yourself a pat on the back mate.

Might do, give them a chance, few additions should see you right. Problem with adding loads of players is it unsettles the squad as a whole, can find yourself with a bit of a hangover from it, and with low morale throughout the squad. Just be careful :)

I do tend to do either 'defensive' or 'counter' towards the end. 'Contain', i find, is too negative and just invites the opposition on. Will bear in mind the team talk advice though, ta.

Team-Talk of none or don't get complacent tend to work for me if the encourage one isn't there, I wouldn't use the complacent one all the time though just in important games and when you are on a run of throwing games.

Also keep an eye on the other team making subs and changing tactics, make sure you reapply any OI's when they bring on subs.

Subbing tired (anyone below 70%) or nervous/complacent players can help provided you have decent cover. (or a high morale youngster)

Tactics wise try switching to defensive (or control if you are better than them) and if you need drop the roles of your wide players from attack-> support, support->defend.

Using the shouts can be effective aswell, as you go through the games you should learn which shouts and tactics work and when to use them.

Oh I wont be signing hundreds of players - its a question of whether the 5-8 players I sign are going to break the bank or not.

Use the loan market if you can, you should be able to get players in with no wages, so even if they are just backup at least they aren't costing you anything.

Marthyr Tydfil 2035/36 Premier League

Table

Positions

FA Cup - 6th Rd

League - Winners

CL - Semifinals

I had maybe my best squad ever in terms of quality backups in every position but ultimately the season was disappointing, perhaps the squad still needs to mature.

My defence was weak at the start of the year and was changed over the course of the season, i was always behind Arsenal in the league and the nearest i got was 8 points.

In the FA cup i lost out to Arsenal 2-0. In the league cup i played my reserve side who sneaked past Arsenal and Sunderland on penalties before comfortably seeing off Wolves 4-1. I played my full side in the semi against Man City and won 5-4 on agg. In the final i was always in control. In the CL i struggled in an easy group of Zenit, Dinamo Kiev and Copenhagen finishing 2nd. I went past R madrid and Roma before easily losing to Porto.

Transfers 1 2

This year was mostly about changing the defence and bring in some talented youngsters.

Hagelstein (history) left after wanting to go for some time. Castillo (history) had been backup for many years but was in decline and was sold. Osbourne (history) was another who wanted to leave and was sold after Franks was signed for a record fee.

Frohlich was signed at the end of last season and is a great backup player already. Probst was signed as a leading prem potential player but an average of 6.22 in 17 games showed he was lacking something. Marano was signed to replace him. Toninho was another who failed to live up to expectations and left.

After spending last year on loan Hadland (history) was sold as was the promising Wilson.

Rivera spent 7 years as backup to right midfield playing 74 games mostly in the cup and off the bench, but was now 5th choice and was sold.

Burbeary and Loader were bought as future stars, loader was rated at decent prem level by the end of the season.

Squad

Paulinho was the main keeper with Harris showing some good form.

Joyce established himself as first choice with Hagelstein's leaving, he is now a wonderkid.

Franks cost 40 Million but played like he cost 40 quid :mad:

Frohlich by contrast played well in his first season.

Robertson was signed for 110K in order to sell on for a profit, 3 years later he is now rated my best player and is now a wonderkid.

Francisco played well but Tarantino is now in slight decline.

Aslan was excellent as usual, Williams had turns on both sides and is another who became a wonderkid.

Up front Sergio and Abraham were immense, Marini was injured for 4 months but Maza stepped up to justify his big price tag last year.

Star Player - yet again the captain was having a brilliant season, seems to be getting better later in his career.

Career so far:

Season    League                       Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South             3rd         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier           9th         None
2012/13   Blue Square Premier           2nd         Promoted via playoffs
2013/14   League 2                      15th        None  
2014/15   League 2                      13th        JPT Winners
2015/16   League 2                      5th         Promoted via playoffs
2016/17   League 1                      13th        None
2017/18   League 1                      14th        None
2018/19   League 1                      12th        None
2019/20   League 1                      15th        None
2020/21   League 1                      14th        None
2021/22   League 1                      1st         JPT Winners,Champions
2022/23   Championship                  16th        None
2023/24   Championship                  8th         None
2024/25   Championship                  10th        None
2025/26   Championship                  6th         Playoff semi-finalists
2026/27   Championship                  6th         Promoted via Playoffs
2027/28   Premiership                   15th        None
2028/29   Premiership                   14th        FA Cup Winners
2029/30   Premiership                   12th        None
2030/31   Premiership                   4th         None
2031/32   Premiership                   1st         Premiership Winners
2032/33   Premiership                   10th        CL Winners

------------------------Challenge Complete--------------------------------------

2033/34   Premiership                   5th         FA Cup Winners
2034/35   Premiership                   1st         Premiership Winners, Euro Cup Winners
2035/36   Premiership                   2nd         League Cup Winners

Any tips for survival (and eventually promotion pushes) in League Two? Really struggling at the moment.

I kind of bumbled along in League Two a bit with Tiverton, felt like a bad season even though we ended up winning the playoffs. Trying to remember what changes I made to the team, cause we were title challengers, then rubbish for months, then I changed something and we dominated the playoffs.

4-1-2-3 was the thing that won me League One with a horrible team but good strikers. Depends where your strengths are I guess.

I kind of bumbled along in League Two a bit with Tiverton, felt like a bad season even though we ended up winning the playoffs. Trying to remember what changes I made to the team, cause we were title challengers, then rubbish for months, then I changed something and we dominated the playoffs.

4-1-2-3 was the thing that won me League One with a horrible team but good strikers. Depends where your strengths are I guess.

4-1-2-3 is brilliant if you're playing with the 10.2 patch, less so if you're on 10.3

4-1-2-3 is brilliant if you're playing with the 10.2 patch, less so if you're on 10.3

I've played my whole Tiverton save on 10.3, still worked well :)

Then, I had Victor Anichebe and two other similarly excellent-for-that-level strikers, so I was playing to my strengths there. Absolute route-one-hoof-it-for-the-big-lad-and-hope-it-goes-in-off-his-arse football :D

Any tips for survival (and eventually promotion pushes) in League Two? Really struggling at the moment.

Look at spanish, french and italian youngsters, by L2 you can get some decent ones to join you.

After knocking in 100 goals in the whole of last season in the league, I've only gone and scored 101 in 37 games this season, including 9 from summer signing Jonás Gutiérrez :eek: A FA Cup semi-final as well coming around the corner :)

EDIT: And promotion is secured with 7 games to go :D

EDITEDIT: The league is all wrapped up before the semi-final :D

Well looks like this season is going the same as last season so far we have played 6 games, won 4 1-0, drawn 1-1 and lost 1-0, though the injuries are returning this season Sousa got injured in my last friendly and will be out for 4 months, Striker Zelaia started the season in good form but he got injured for 1 month and his replaced Schmidt has just got himself injured for 3 weeks aswell :(

In the Champions League we were again just third seeds and have drawn Roma, Barcelona and Dinamo, it wouldn't surprise me if most of my fans had second homes in Italy and a holiday home in Spain now :D

I've played my whole Tiverton save on 10.3, still worked well :)

Then, I had Victor Anichebe and two other similarly excellent-for-that-level strikers, so I was playing to my strengths there. Absolute route-one-hoof-it-for-the-big-lad-and-hope-it-goes-in-off-his-arse football :D

I have Anichebe in my Prem team. Once scored 4 for me against Chelsea.

Sold my star RB and brought in a 19yo to replace him who could end up better. Figured my backup RB wouldn't be up for the job but he'll get games in Europe as the 19yo already played in a qualifier. Also sold the 23 yo Brazilian CB I have and giving the chance to the 19yo I signed in the summer and he's doing well. Also, was to send my three of my young strikers on loan but only sent two as one of my two senior strikers got injured. Kept one back and decided against loaning in another striker as backup as I planned. Maybe send him out in January and get in backup for the second half of the season. Depends how he does in his chances.

Seriously struggling in League Two. Is it possible that relegation might not be such a bad thing (due to the possibility that another year in the BSP would bring morale back up and give me some time to assemble a more L2-worthy squad)?

Canvey Island 2017/18 Report - CCC

into the big time

A strong peformance last time out wasn't enough to convince the media of anything more than a relegation scrap; whilst odds of 50-1 were the same as last season, so it looked liked nobody were giving us a chance for this season :rolleyes:

League - Positions -

A positve start was marred by inconsistency early on, with 3 defeats in the first 7 games denying us the perfect start, but after the initial blip it was plain sailing from there on in.

After defeat to Notts County in Septemeber, we went on a streak of 17 wins out of 18 to go into the new year with a comfortable gap at the top. Even a 0-0 draw vs West Brom, our first 0-0 of any kind in almost 2 years, didn't slow us down; gaining another 15 wins out of the next 16 to wrap up both promotion and the league title comfortably.

We ended the season with a record points tally for the league and club, in any divison, along with the league record for most goals scored.

Cups

FA Cup

3rd rd - Bristol Rovers 1-4 Canvey Island

4th rd - Canvey Island 8-1 Southampton

5th rd - Huddersfield 0-3 Canvey Island

6th rd - Canvey Island 5-0 Hull

Semi Final - Aston Villa 3-2 Canvey Island

Despite not drawing a team in a lower league than us, both Rovers and Southamption were well adrift a tthe foot of the CCC table and were dispatched easily. We struck lucky against Huddersfield, who had gone 7 games without defeat before playing us, before a fantastic game vs Hull. A bit gutted with the semi final result, especially as we outplayed them fot the majority of the game.

Carling Cup

1st rd - AFC Wimbledon 0-1 Canvey Island

2nd rd - Canvey Island 3-0 Gillingham

3rd rd - Sunderland 2-3 Canvey Island (aet)

4th rd - Stoke 4-1 Canvey Island

We got lucky in the 1st round game to be honest, and the 2nd round game was only really wrapped up after the sending off. A whole load of luck was on our side in the 3rd round game though, the red card was harsh and our 91st min equaliser may have been offside, but the Stoke game was abysmal to say the very least.

Squad (1)(2)

Hard to find the best 11 here, since half of them were sold off in January, but the replacements did a fine job anyways.

Millward's Player Choice Award (basically who I think deserves our Player of the Season before the Fan's vote...)

2010/11 - Luke Thurlbourne MC

2011/12 - Chris Todd DC

2012/13 - Scott Smith DL

2013/14 - Dean Lodge AMR

2014/15 - Dean Hammond MC

2015/16 - Luciano Napoli ST

2016/17 - Borja ST

2017/18 - László Horváth MC (1)(2)

Not really a contest here, playing in all but 2 games in the season (both because of injury) and constantly pulling the strings in the middle of the park. Well worth the extra year I had to wait for him.

Transfers (1)(2) - And here I thought last year's outgoings were large :eek: Slightly dissapointed at the sales of Marotta and Canovas especially, though losing a constantly unhappy Jagielka was not part of the plan as well. Pierre finally got his wish of leaving, Faye retired after the ACoN, whilst Ferrari and Golaszewski were easily replaced in the end. Still no cash exchanged! :D (though loans may be used more reguarly if I continue not to spend a penny)

Finances - Once again, transfer revenue saves the day in the way of finances, but I have now gained all of the money that was required for the new stadium so that is a bonus. I do wish that the 25% promotion wage rise wasn't in the contracts though, as this keeps on rising year on year.

Confidence - Still seen as untouchable, though I wonder how long that may last if we are involved in a relegation scrap next season.

History

2010/11 - BSS: 3rd, defeat in playoff semi-finals

2011/12 - BSS: 1st

2012/13 - BSP: 1st

2013/14 - CCL2: 1st

2014/15 - CCL1: 7th

2015/16 - CCL1: 1st

2016/17 - CCC: 8th

2017/18 - CCC: 1st

The Trophy Cabinet

Blue Square South - 2011/12

Blue Square Premier - 2012/13

Coca-Cola League 2 - 2013/14

Coca-Cola League 1 - 2015/16

Coca-Cola Championship - 2017/18

Aims for next season: Survival is essential. Attacking wise I think we are fine, depending on who we sell though, but defensively improvements can be made.

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2053/54

Last season we won back our Premier League title, but the quality of the squad is really taking its toll in the cup competitions.

League Table

League Positions Graph

Things were pretty easy for us this year as we almost led from start to finish. We finished the season with some patchy form but it was enough to hold off the challenge from Liverpool.

Community Shield - a decent win in a fairly even match.

Carling Cup - despite using a strong team, Liverpool took us apart.

FA Cup - we had an easy run of games then suffered this shocker in the semi final.

UEFA Champions League - Bayern were the only team to take a point off us in the group stage. We were pretty lucky to get as far as we did but Juventus destroyed us in the semi final.

Squad - we have one or two stars but this is starting to look like a very average Premier League squad, it is amazing they are still capable of the title challenge.

Key Player Profiles:

Edward Graham - we have a new top scorer as Moran failed to impress this season.

Paul Moran - well, he wasn't that bad really.

Andy Greenhouse - the coaches still think he's a Championship level player but who cares when he plays like this.

George Aston - another player that the coaches don't rate, but seems to be doing well on the pitch.

George Fry - he's getting on a bit but he's still a solid defender.

Career Overview

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   9th
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   6th         Lost in playoff semi
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   4th         Promoted via playoffs
2019/20   Barclays Premier League  16th        
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  11th
2021/22   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup finalists
2022/23   Barclays Premier League  7th         Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
2023/24   Barclays Premier League  3rd
2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Champions League finalists
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Carling Cup finalists
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  2nd
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, and Carling Cup winners
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Club World Cup winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA and Carling Cup winners
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and Carling Cup winners
2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CWC FA and Carling Cup winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2036/37   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2037/38   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2038/39   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2039/40   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2040/41   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Carling Cup winners, Champions league finalists
2041/42   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2042/43   Barclays Premier League  5th         Club World Cup winners
2043/44   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Carling Cup and Europa League winners
2044/45   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and Carling Cup finalists
2045/46   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2046/47   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2047/48   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2048/49   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, and FA Cup winners
2049/50   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Club World Cup winners
2050/51   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners, FA Cup and CL finalists
2051/52   Barclays Premier League  4th    
2052/53   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners, FA Cup finalists
2053/54   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners

Next Season

I'm hoping that the upcoming World Cup with England will force me to do it, but I think this will be the end of the all-T&M era. At club level I aimed for a Premier League and a Champions League title, both of which we have achieved, so it is now time for a change.

My bank balance is currently rather healthy after the takeover, with £220m sitting there so I think I'm going to go on a spending spree of around £150m in the summer. Nothing will be done until the World Cup is finished, but I'm going to start by changing my backroom staff by bringing in a load of new scouts and the reintroduction of foreign coaches. I think I'll try and bring in a few new players in the summer, then a few more in January.

Another league title dafuge?? Surely it gets boring winning the EPL time after time ;)

Back at Canvey Island, our first 3 games in the PL will be: Newcastle H, Liverpool H, Man Utd A :eek: Could be worse; we could have our run of Arsenal, Villa, WBA, Liverpool, Man Utd, Newcastle (which is in December) at the start I suppose... :rolleyes:

Another league title dafuge?? Surely it gets boring winning the EPL time after time ;)

It was only two in a row ;)

I'm actually looking forward to winning things once again, not a fan of this losing lark.

Chelseadaft Ashford (Middx) Season five League Two 2014/15 - Champions!

After our consolidation season last season, our first in the Football League the board asked me to achieve an safe mid-table position. I was happy with that and comfortable knowing I had a good enough squad with one or two changes and some loans coming in I knew we could push on for a playoff place. I never expected to win the League!

To be fair our form all season has been fantastic. I made some changes to the squad and brought in some loans (long term and short term) for the up coming season.

Again I kept the same formation that I have been using since the start. My 4-1-2-1-2 formation had served me well. Howver, I changed the starting mentality from Attacking to Standard and it worked wonders. Of course during games depending on how we were doing I would change to Attacking or Overload and the players responded.

But it all came down to the last game of the season. I had just lost at home and Walsall had won at home to take the top spot. The last game of the season I had an easy game against a side at the bottom of the League. Walsall had to go to Carlisle who were in 3rd in the League and Carlisle did me proud, beat Walsall 3-1 and with us winning comfortably away the title was ours!

It was an unexpected and unbelievable success and we are now in League one after 5 seasons.

The downside to our success was that I had set the player bonuses to high in the League and Cup competitions and once we had won the League i received this message which has screwed our finances!

With my coaches and ass man telling me the players below are League 2 standard it will be a really really busy time for me as I look to rebuild to try and consolidate once again in League one for a season and then push on the season after.

Here are the players in the squad who have done the business for me once more!

GK Nielsen

DL Sheehan

DR Alcock

DC Abraham

DC Twardzik

DMC Colley

MC Howell

MC Stephens

AMC Ognyanov

FC Corderoy

FC Bunting

Rotational players who played their part too!

Chandler, N Manchev, Payano, Buxton, L Manchev, Kohlert, There were some other signings on Loan that I haven't featured as they played a game and got injured! So didn't really make any impact on the squad.

Roll on League One!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South        1st         Champions!
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      3rd         Lost in Playoff Semis
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      1st         Champions!
2013/14   League Two               10th        None
2014/15   League Two               1st         Champions! 

It was only two in a row ;)

I'm actually looking forward to winning things once again, not a fan of this losing lark.

It may have only been two in a row, but that is now 8 out of the last 10. Give some-one else a chance for a change :p

EDIT: Congrats on the league win Chelsea :thup: How well do you think you will cope in L1?

It may have only been two in a row, but that is now 8 out of the last 10. Give some-one else a chance for a change :p

EDIT: Congrats on the league win Chelsea :thup: How well do you think you will cope in L1?

I'm going back into the transfer market now, hopefully there won't be anyone else winning it for some time.

*evil laugh*

Its going to be hard. The new season has run through. I have no staduim expansion as am stuck with 2550. All my players are said to be of League two standard with only three of them as being Leading stars so have made the decision to release them all as their contracts have expired!

Re build is the key for me!:thup:

I'm so sorry, I am the replying to the wrong thread, but a lot of people replied to this thread so there is a bigger chance someone can help me. (I'm new here so I can't post threads). Anyway can someone please tell me is there any other editor apart from the data editor and the FMRTE? If so please give me a link

If I remember correctly, there wasn't much of a step-up from the top sides in L2 and the mid-table sides in L1. So I woudn't recommend a total clearout of your squad, especially if your incomings are restricted due to limited capacity.

If I remember correctly, there wasn't much of a step-up from the top sides in L2 and the mid-table sides in L1. So I woudn't recommend a total clearout of your squad, especially if your incomings are restricted due to limited capacity.

Too late I have decided a clear out and rebuild is in order. Have brought in three players so far who have Good player for League One reps and am looking more now. Will also utilise the loan market to the max also.

My wage budget is now over £10,000 per week and have managed to get three of them on £875 per week. If I can get 10 of these kind of players and then the rest loans I could be laughing all the way to safety this season.

England - World Cup - 2054

With the recent win in the Confederations Cup this was a great chance for us to achieve my target of winning a major tournament with my all-T&M England side.

Qualification was hard work, mostly because of a run of three consecutive draws. Norway were the only real challengers but a 3-0 win put us through with a game to go.

The pre tournament preparation was a home friendly against North Korea. Everything went to plan and we came through with a clean bill of health which means I have been able to select my first choice 23 man squad for the World Cup.

England vs Japan (group stage)

It was looking like a tight game until Tom Forster unleashed a superb 35 yard free kick to take the lead. Following the opening goal we settled down and put the game beyond doubt with a period of brilliant attacking football.

Holland vs England (group stage)

The game that is likely to decide the group did not go our way as a bundled goal from a corner gave Holand the win. This means we just need a draw in the final game to secure second place in the group.

Tunisia vs England (group stage)

It took a while but we eventually managed to get the result we wanted.

Final Group Table

Holland topped the group as we settled for second place. This actually did us a favour as there was a shock in group H as Austria qualified ahead of France.

England vs Austria (2nd round)

I'm not sure what to say, shocked just isn't the word for it.

International Career Overview

Year      Country          Competition                 Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2030      Italy            FIFA World Cup              Winners
2032      Turkey           European Championship       Quarter Finals
2033      Spain            Confederations Cup          Finalists
2034      Spain            FIFA World Cup              Winners
2035      Brazil           Copa América                Semi Finalists
2038      Nigeria          Cup of Nations              Winners
2038      Nigeria          FIFA World Cup              Group Stage
2040      Czech Republic   European Championship       Qualifying playoff
2041      Serbia           Confederations Cup          4th place
2042      Serbia           FIFA World Cup              3rd place
2044      Belgium          European Championship       Group Stage
2046      Russia           FIFA World Cup              Group Stage
2048      England          European Championship       Semi Finalists
2050      England          FIFA World Cup              3rd place
2052      England          European Championship       Finalists
2053      England          Confederations Cup          Winners
2054      England          FIFA World Cup              2nd Round

Next Season

I waited until the end of the tournament just to see what happened, and predictably I was sacked. It was nice to see a couple of my players also called it a day.

So, the T&M England dream is over. There are a few interesting jobs about so I'm sure I'll ba back soon.

This is such a strugge to get staff and players of a good enough calibre :mad: . For some reason the staff/scouts I have are recommending Scouts and Coaches of a Local rep now and not regional!

I have spent the last few hours or so going through every single Premier League, Championship and League One sides transfer history and offering trials to every single player !

Hope to put a squad together sooner rather than later!

It is the 1st of September and it has been a busy time at Tooting & Mitcham.

Firstly, after my England sacking I decided to take a job in Tunisia. There won't be anything to play for until the 2056 Cup of Nations but it seemed an attractive prospect as I'm going there on holiday this summer. England appointed David Watson, an ex youth product of mine who had recently retired and had taken up a coaching role at my club. Strangely he still seems to be coaching for us.

Then there's the transfers.

On the way out were a lot of the overrated players that failed to impress and could be replaced. There were no huge prices but to be honest they weren't exactly superstars.

On to the interesting bit, the players signed.

Márcio - highly rated young versatile midfielder, a bargain at £2.1m.

Miguel Santos - a classy looking winger, shame about the wages.

Luis - wonderkid defender, probably a bargain at £14.5m.

Hasan Aydin - I literally couldn't believe it when I found him, a steal at £30m.

Sebastiano Costacurta - wonderkid striker, I hope he's capable of 30 goals a season.

Luis Manuel - highly rated young goalie, hopefully he'll replace Sills.

Maximilian Reinhardt - £20m was a lot for a 17 year old but he looks superb.

Luis Fernández - I know I've paid too much, but a great AMC makes a great difference to my team.

Dorian Falkenberg - a solid defender, although this is bad news for Fry.

Alberto Fava - Aiden Lund was unhappy at the players being signed, so I swapped him and £10m for this youngster.

I'm so sorry, I am the replying to the wrong thread, but a lot of people replied to this thread so there is a bigger chance someone can help me. (I'm new here so I can't post threads). Anyway can someone please tell me is there any other editor apart from the data editor and the FMRTE? If so please give me a link

Try the editor forum.

Archived