dafuge's FM10 challenge

You been getting any decent players in? Get the best Asst. Man. and Scout you can, and send them out to find some decent freebies! All my players have been found from scouting reports and Asst Manager's player reccomendations in Backroom Meetings who I've then scouted.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats exactly what I've done...and I'm now 24 games into the season and only 1 win. Bizarrely, I'm only 1 point adrift of safety! I dont know how I could do any more, though. My main criteria for my AssMan were JPA and JPP - Steve Gaughan has 12 and 8 respectively, and as I felt that current ability was more important than potential for this season (most of my players are on 1 year contracts), I went with him. Doubt I'll find an AssMan with a JPA of higher than 12 at this level, will I?

And all my players have come through freebies who I have brought in on trial after scouting, and then accepted if my AssMan thinks they're up to it.

Will return to this ridiculously frustrating game tomorrow. But I might not last much longer, the fans want me out. I cant blame them but I really dont see what more I can do. Oh and by the way I'm plunging deep into debt because of an out of control wage bill - but thats the price you pay for decent players, right? Only these players arent "decent"!!!!

Either that or THIS GAME IS JUST TOO DARN HARD! SI - please please take note. Everyone likes a challenge but this is ridiculous!

3 games to go and its confirmed... I'm down :(

Just couldnt hack it in the CCC, very frustrating second half to the season, my form was abysmal every player on very poor morale, just felt like I couldnt turn it around.

Oh well, bright side is, I haven't been sacked !

My wage bill has always been well under the maximum allowed, and I've always had a big squad, too. And my players have always been good, too.

My wage bill IS under the maximum allowed. Well. It was until very recently anyway, when it's gone just a little over. Unfortunately, that still gives you a very high wage bill-- £2,300 per week adds up a lot.

Mini update:

2013/14, February. Sitting 2nd in L1 after 30 games, 1 point behind leaders Southend, and 3 in front of 3rd placed Carlisle. In the final of the JPT. Just signed Alassane Plea from Lyon on a free. He's come in for the injured John Guidetti, and scored 3 in 2 apps so far

Maidstone Season 12 Update 2022/23 - The Premier League

Media Prediction - 8th

Position - 5th

League Table

League Positions

A poor league season compared to the last but the carling cup and champions league campaigns were tough on my small squad. I think with a few new players I can really make a push for the title as the quality of the other teams is not very high.

Young Player of the Year for the second year running and third year for the club.

Champions League Win - The Final

A great victory in a fairly simple champions league campaign, I had a tough group but a could suprise wins including a big victory over Inter saw me through. I came up against a weak Man U in the knockout stages and after beating Barcelona I was confident of picking up the trophy. With a Palermo win over Inter in the other semi I had an easy opponent in the final and cruised to victory completing the first part of the challenge.

Champions League Dream Team

GK - Schreiber

DR - Witt

DL - Maza

DC - Pizzaro

DC - Uslu

DMC - Martinez

MR - Belaychi

ML - Olaleye

MC - Zakharov

AMC - Ramon

ST and Star Player - Agafonov

Squad

Finances

Transfer History

Manager Profile

Manager Personal

Manager Information

Career Overview:

League         Season    Finished   Achievements
------------------------------------------------
BSS            2010/11   19th
BSS            2011/12   19th
BSS            2012/13   15th
BSS            2013/14   10th
BSS            2014/15   5th        Playoff Winners
BSP            2015/16   10th
BSP            2016/17   1st        FA Trophy
League 2       2017/18   1st        
League 1       2018/19   1st        JPT Trophy
Championship   2019/20   6th        Playoff Winners
Premiership    2020/21   9th
Premiership    2021/22   4th        League Cup
Premiership    2022/23   5th        Champions League, League Cup

Opinions Required !!!

I have a problem with the competition histories, they have all been wiped and been replaced with foreign clubs. Also new histories are not being kept. I am pretty anal about all this and it is ruining the game for me. I should be on my way to completing season 14 soon which is looking like a league win at the moment.

I am then in a dilemma as to keep playing with my current save or to go back to a backup I found from my first premier league season. At the moment I am leaning towards finishing dafuge's challenge and then going back to my old save for a long term game.

History of past winners for all competitions between 2009 and the most recent has been erased and pre 2009 there is a load of random club/countries where there shouldnt be. Also all competition wins from the club screen between 2009 and present season have been removed.

I find it pretty annoying and a bit of a game breaker for me :(

After a slow start I am halfway through he second season and am 4th on 45 points after 23 League Games, five points off of first place.

Got through to 2nd round proper of the FA Cup and 1-0 up away at Brizzle Rovers and had three players injured in the space of 10 mins :mad:. Lost 2-1! :(

Form picked up again and have won 5 in a row in the League!!!

Two very quick season updates for me. Sorry for the double post

Kingstonian season 25/26 review

Media prediction 16th

Final postion 1st CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

After a run poor run of form at the end of last season (only 1 win froam jan 01 til the end of the season) I had a tactical rethink and went from a 4-1-2-2-1 to a flat 4-3-3 and sold my underperforming wide players. this made me a bit of cash which I then put back into them team and investing in young British players including £15 million pound buy Simon Bryan from Charlton to complement my other strickers Patrick Bond (Dutchman signed fon a free from Newcastle 5 years ago when in CCC) and Callum Renoylds (youth team product that I felt was at last ready to step up to the league)

I also brought in young scotish midfileder Paul mcIntyre to be my creative force, a role he excelled in!

We started the season well and by Christmas we were 2nd in the league and in the semi finals of the league cup, it was at this stage last season we fell apart so how did my team help my confidence? Yep thats right, we lose to bottom of the table West Ham (who only won 4 games all season and 2 of them were against me!) we then had semi-final against notts county and thankfuly my players turned on the style with a great 5-0 (over both legs) win to put is in the final against CCC league leaders Cyrstal Palace which we won 3-0 with a brace from Bond and a goal from Renyolds to win our second trophey (after our FA Cup win in 2023)

Sadly our FA Cup run was ended at Wolves (who are huge club these days due to a tycoon takeover many years ago and have won lots of tittles lately) at the 4th round stage which I think was a blessing as our squad was a touch on the small side and I really wanted the league!

Thankfuly the players reacted to going out of the cup with a huge 1-0 win at wolves thanks to a last min Reynolds strike which I felt vindicated my decison to continue with 3 upfront after my left back was sent off with 20 mins to go, this sent us on a 9 straight winning run in the league that all but secured our first tittle, we had a little wobble away to Man City then follwoed that up with ANOTHER defet to already relegated West Ham but we bounced back with a win over Charlton and a win at Old Trafford meaning with 3 games to go 1 point would leave us chapions, the boys done well and hammerd Notts County 7-0 to win the tittle and relegate them! we won our last 2 games to win the tittle be a comfortable margin and hit the magic 100 goals make by finishing on 101

All in all, it was a great season and am looking forward to our first run in the champions league

Kingstonion season review 26/27

Media prediction 6th

Final prediction 1st

No real signings this summer, just lots of good youngsters that I hope will progress and save me money in the long run.

Back to back league tittles for the mighty K's

This season the league was rather easy after we hit top after 10 games we only once droped from first and that was due to a fixture back log and even then it was only on GD. We had the tittle wrapped up with 5 games to go so we could concentrate on other matters

Our defence of the league cup ended at the semi final stage by Man City after a easy run to the semi's. My only dissapointment was with the way my team gave up and surrended this cup.

The FA cup was poor as we were knocked out after a replay against Arsenal, ever since we won this cup we haven't gone past the 4th round and it's starting to annoy me!

The champions league was fun to say the least! We drew Real Madrid in our group and our first game was Real away and somehow we escaped with a 1-0 win and even won our group

we then drew Lyon in the knockout stage and we won both home and away before getting Barcalona in the quater finals where we managed to nick a last min winner at the nou camp and had the best game I have ever seen by us as we won 3-0 back at Kingstonian Stadium to secure our plave in the semi finals, where we drew Inter Milan. After a great effort in the away leg Inter proved to be that little bit stonger as they took a 2-1 lead into the second leg, depsite being behind I felt we might be able to get the needed result to progress, alas sadly it was not meant to be as Inter cruised to a 2-0 win to end my season.

congrats TacticalGenius
Grats Tactical, now lets hope you can go one better than me and stay there ;)

Thanks guys :)

Just got Chris Smalling on a free from rivals Man Utd, Johnjoe O'Toole from Colchester and Jacopo Sala (Chelski) for nothing too! Alex Wynter comes in from Colchester for £875k (record signing) and Nathaniel Clyne comes in from Palace for a pathetic £500k, yet a club legend moaned saying he'll have to do a lot to live up to the price tag...?

Was given £2.9m budget and £69k wage budget for 'Mid Table finish' in CCC.

FCUM are a debt free club, and have a (borrowed) 11800ish seat stadium, which I've sold out once, and averaged 8500 ticket sales in L1. Board have already accepted my request for a 3rd training and youth facilities upgrade :)

Boston United - Season 9 - Premiership - 2018/2019

Media Prediction - 4th

Final Position - 1st

FA Cup - Winners

Carling Cup - Winners

Champions League - Winners

Community Shield - Winners

Club World Cup - Winners

UEFA Super Cup - Winners

League Table

Position Graph

Transfers

Finances

Manager Profile

Manager Personal

Got off to a bit of a shaky start to the season with quite a few draws around a loss and a win. Took me until penalties to win the Shield but it seems that was to be a fore bearer for how I would go in finals this season. New formation change which needed new players brought in forced a settling in period but once I got the groove it continued bar a few bumps here and there. Man City who were in the lead messed up along the way and I overtook them with games in hand. Even with one or two bad results I had enough of a lead to win with 3 games to spare allowing me to rest players near the end of the season.

In the cups I did well and managed to win the FA Cup again. Faced Arsenal in the Semi and won 5-1 after going into the break 1-1. A few tactical tweaks and they were whipped second half. Handily defeated Man City via a Kalinin hat-trick. In the Carling Cup I had a nice run. Beat Chelsea in the Final via a Perez brace.

In Europe I started with a 4-0 win over Zurich in the first game which kick started my season. Had a couple losses but enough points to top the group. My reward was to face Celtic. Got by them to face Barca. A 3-0 seond leg win at the Nou Camp saw me into the Semis against Inter again. Inter up and a Paz penalty in the first leg settled the 1-0 aggregate. Madrid up in the Final. 3-3 draw forced penalties with Leandro getting the winning one for a repeat win.

The CWC and Super Cup were added to the cabinet for the first time in the club's history.

Loaned out a lot of youngsters this year as well as fringe players. Most impressed with Austin allowing Crewe to stay up in the Championship following a 2 moth end of season loan where he scored a few goals. Also, managed to get rid of Lohmann before his hefty appearance money payment. For transfers in, Cummings, Crane and Iversen were for the future and Cana signed as a backup but I loaned him out as I managed to get Reinaldo near the end of the transfer window. Baldini adequately replaced Lohmann at LB and Kaboul provided sound performances when called upon. Afellay did well and signing of the season really as he was free. Perez though was the pick of the lot and despite a shaky start where the fans questioned him he excelled. Well worth the money and is young so plenty more years to be had out of him.

Problem I have now is getting my RB Donoso to sign a new contract. Didn't remember to sign him up as at the start of the season he was unsettled so I was to wait to sign him up again but didn't remember so he only has a year left and doesn't want to sign. Will see what my other RB Llera can offer and if he can adequately replace him without me having to dip into the market if he leaves.

Youth Products(Academy):

Brett Edwards - New one after the season.

Nathan Austin

Adam Stringer

Awards

England:

Manager of Season

Team of Year

Player of the Year

Footballer of the Year

Young Player of the Year

Europe:

Best Player

Dream Team

Golden Boot

Copa America

Winners : Brazil

League               Season    Finished  Notes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blue Square North    10/11       1st    Champions
Blue Square Premier  11/12       1st    Champions
League Two           12/13       1st    Champions
League One           13/14       1st    Champions, JPT Winners
Championship         14/15       1st    Champions
Premiership          15/16       5th    Carling Cup Winners
Premiership          16/17       1st    [b]Champions[/b], Carling Cup Winners, FA Cup Winners
Premiership          17/18       1st    Champions, [b]Champions League Winners[/b], FA Cup Winners
Premiership          18/19       1st    Champions, Champions League, FA Cup, Carling Cup, CWC, Super Cup

So far as FC United:

League               Season    Finished  Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blue Square North    10/11       1st    Champions
Blue Square Premier  11/12       1st    Champions, FA Trophy Winners
League Two           12/13       3rd    Automatic Promotion
League One           13/14       5th    Playoff Winners, JPT Winners

Gonna give this one last shot. Have holidayed through a game and will now reload for Boreham Wood once more. This time I have ticked "add key staff" which should aid the situation a little bit from last time although there will still be a long way to go. I still say this game is simply TOO DIFFICULT!

It can be hard...I'm finding it hard at the moment, I've been relegated back to L1 and to be honest, I'm struggling a bit in this league now too. 6 wins and 5 losses 0 draws. Really odd form and I'm absolutely positive I've probably got the best squad in the league :(

Gonna give this one last shot. Have holidayed through a game and will now reload for Boreham Wood once more. This time I have ticked "add key staff" which should aid the situation a little bit from last time although there will still be a long way to go. I still say this game is simply TOO DIFFICULT!

I'm sorry to say but then you need to start a new save. According to the rules stated in the first page 'add key staff' should be unticked.

Have you loaded the ddt file?

1st page | Screenshot

GreyedOutMan-try and get Jimmy Hunter as assistant, he is great for the first few years at helping you get good reports on players.

Also go through ALL the scotish clubs for players, try and get the likes of Fitzharris, Keatings, Adam etc.. and also for a CM try and get Jonathen Cooper (sp?) as he did well for me, in saying that it still took me 3 seasons to get out of the BSS so just stick with it, I'm now 2 times back to back premiership winners and it feels great when I think of the stuggle I had all those yeras ago.

Anyway, hope some of that helps you out

Well I finished my second season (First in the BSP) and the old curse hit me again right where it hurts once more.

Screenies will follow later on as I am at work now, but one thing is for sure in this game. You HAVE to have cover in all positions within your squad because if you don't the game will find you out and hit you like it did me last night.

I saved my progress and turned the game off just after I had lost the BSP Playoff Semi Final against Histon beaten in both legs of the Semi-Finals!! :mad:

My run of results was amazing and we were looking good for a cemented play off place but also within touching distance of Grimsby who were top of the League. But, my squad go found out and where I hadn't managed to get decent defensive cover and also a third GK injuries hit me hard.

At one stage my 30+ goal striker Chris Dickson was hit by injury and missed the PO Semi's (both legs) and Conner Fairey and my backup GK were hit by injury and illness within days of each other so had to put a greyed out GK in goal who, as you can imagine had a couple of shockers!

I went from second place to third after Oxford overtook me and nicked 2nd place from me. I would of played Rushden in the Semi's who I had beaten twice in the League if I had kept 2nd place but it wasn't to be.

Isn't it strange that you save the game, go to bed, get up and come to work but still have that game running through your mind over and over again and what you could of done differently! Then someone (female of course) says to you: "Its only a game!" :mad:

Report and screenies to follow (much) later tonight!

CD :(

Any of you lot want to share tactical insight - I really struggled at CCC level, infact I went 18 games without a win leading up til the last game of the season, which I ironically won :p

Or indeed for BSS level :p just starting the season now with my new Boreham Wood game. Hopefully this time something will work. None of the players (eg Fitzharris) that people keep naming exist in my game!

he's at rangers or celtic, what setup do you have?

Well our Champions League group of death is proving to be rather easy :D - we have four wins from four games and as Porto and Juventus face each other we have qualified for the Knockout Stages (where we will promptly get knocked out).

Also my ground has just been expanded up to 28,000 :cool: so the latest Champions League game brought in a much needed £1.2m. I really shouldn't have spent £36m on promising youngsters this season.

Archived