dafuge's FM10 challenge

whats your affiliated clubs?

I can't really seem to get any with Chippenham. I have 2 foreign clubs otherwise 2 national ones.

I haven't actually asked for any feeder clubs or parent clubs; just that the board came up with that on their own :)

They haven't sent me anyone yet but I have bought another 2 Italians already this summer, with another one possibly on its way, taking my total to 6 (Mancini left for Kiev :()

EDIT: Make that 7 Italians...

EDIT: Make that 6 again; Napoli gets his wish and is Leeds-bound :(

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boston United FC - Blue Square North - 2011/12

This Season

Media Prediction: 13th

Aims: Reach the playoffs and have a good cup-run to help reduce the debt.

League Table - We made a better start to the season than the previous year but then faltered slightly at the start of November and again at the end of January. On the whole though it was a much improved season and despite not reaching the playoffs I was very pleased.

League Positions Graph

Season Summary

Best Eleven - Anderson should be in at centre-back instead of Walker but other than that I would agree with it.

FA Cup - We had a very good run in the FA Cup, making the 1st Round where we were drawn away to League 1 opposition. We then suffered a humiliating 8-1 defeat but we had made some cash out of it so on the whole I was very pleased with our performance in this cup which included a win over BSP side Wrexham.

FA Trophy - Lost 2-0 to Braintree at the first hurdle, Braintree went on to finish 2nd in our league so it was always going to be an uphill battle.

Transfers - We managed to bring in some very good players who would become key to the team, so there were a few players released. It was more difficult to maintain a large squad however due to the wage budget being reduced by £1.5k because of the financial situation.

Squad - I am very pleased with the current squad but there is always room for improvement. I have nowhere in particular I want to improve, I'm just on the lookout for special players.

Finances - We mad a small profit this season due to our run in the FA Cup, the debt level however is largely the same.

Key Player Profiles:

Pedro Moutinho - A player I had very high hopes for when I signed him. He didn't quite hit the heights I had hoped for but he was still a key player.

James Keatings - Fan's Player of the Season again. Creative force behind many of our goals. Finished season with more assists than anyone else in the league and with more goals and assists than his previous season.

Kyle McAusland - Signed on a free transfer and quickly established himself as the main striker.

Chris Robertson - Signed halfway through the season and established himself as the main centre-back, which allowed me to release club-captain Judge at the end of the season.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[url="http://www.community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=5114322&postcount=7020"]2010/11[/url]   Blue Square North        13th         None
[color=black][url="http://www.community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=5143505&postcount=7054"]2011/12[/url][/color]   Blue Square North        7th         None

Aims For Next Season

Promotion

Good cup-run

Have lost much of my interest in my Canvey Island save unfortunately :( General slowness of the game and frequent crash dumps when I holiday :thdn:

Will be shelving the game for sometime I think. FWIW, we were 8th in the Premier League, with 6 games left in the season.

Sutton United - 2013/14 - Blue Square Premier

Media prediction: 22nd

Final position: 1st

Final league table

Past positions graph

Another great season. We came into the BSP looking for midtable, but after a great starting run peaking with a 0-2 away win at Luton, we finally realized that the team had enough quality to go all the way. Only losing three league games out of forty-six (and all three by just one goal) was a great achievement, as were our 108 goals scored and the fact that our defense held out really well, conceding only one goal per game on average and becoming the fourth best defense in the league.

What's surprising is that, even with those numbers, we had to fight until the very last game to secure the first place. Histon were a pain in the rearside all season long, matching our results and even overtaking us on top after our first defeat of the season. Cambridge and Luton were also tough rivals, but Histon were the only ones who could follow our pace in the final third of the season. With a final 0-1 away win at Crawley, we secured the title and promotion in the final game, rounding out a fantastic league campaign.

---

FA Cup - Again a decent run, although we were a bit unlucky with the draws. After struggling a bit to get past Lewes in the 4th qualifying round (we even needed a replay), we played one of the best games of the season to thrash Macclesfield Town (L2) 4-1 in the 1st round. The 2nd round proved too much for us, though, as Southend (L1) came to Gander Green Lane and went away with a 0-2 win to kick us out.

FA Trophy - The draws for the FA Trophy were strange. On one hand, we had the home field advantage in every round, which was nice. On the other hand, we only faced BSP teams, all the way into the semifinal, in which we came back after a defeat at Luton in the first leg to advance into our second final in three years. Then, to round it all up, we had to face a BSN team in the final! Boston United had shocked Droylsden with a penalty shootout win in the semis, and after finishing just outside the playoffs in the league, came to Wembley looking for the win.

The game started really even, but soon young defender Luke Flood opened the scoring for us with a great header in a corner kick. Nanetti's injury was a problem for us, and other minor knocks meant that we had run out of substitutions by halftime. Boston dominated the second half, and McGovern and the defenders had lots of work to keep us ahead. But we managed it, and Flood's goal gave us the win, the Trophy, and our first double. Hopefully it won't be the last!

In other news, I'm already in Sutton Utd's favoured personnel list, together with James Keatings for some reason. Jabuti has outpaced us and is already an icon! :eek:. I also won the Manager of the Year award, of course.

---

Players

Transfers

Props

- Jabuti: The man. Already an icon of the club, he looks a sure bet to become our first legend. Although he didn't beat his goalscoring record of the first year by just one goal, he more than made for it with an outrageous sixteen assists and fifteen MoM awards. His attributes are slowly dropping, but he still looks more than good enough for the League 2. Voted as BSP Player of the Season, and winner of the Top Goalscorer award.

- Jon-Paul Pittman: A late arrival last summer, Pittman had some trouble at first, and an outburst after being substituted almost meant a sudden and early end to his career with the U's. But he soon settled down, scoring for fun both alongside Jabuti and replacing him, and adding thirteen assists and a generally very good performance. A great signing. Won the Goal of the Season award with a fantastic effort against Mansfield.

- Luke Flood: A young defender signed for the future, our lack of options on the right back besides Lynch and the horrible performances of Mantovani in the center of the defense gave him the chance to become one of our most solid defenders. His game-winning goal in the FA Trophy final earned him a spot among our best players this season.

- Tom Cairney: Another late arrival, this one joining in November just before the end of the free transfer window. The ex-Hull youngster took a while to regain fitness, but when he did he was fantastic on the left wing, outrunning defenders with ease and showing great quality with the ball on his feet. Too bad his season ended too soon due to a two-month-long injury. He'll be a sure starter next year.

- Matty Fenwick and Kane Garner: Two youngsters signed on loan to give our defense some depth became our best defenders of the season. Fenwick was specially effective as our starting left back, giving Murray a run for his money with great defensive performances and a great attacking return of eight assists. I'll do my best to resign them next year.

Slops

- Martín Mantovani: The defender's first season was disappointing, but still acceptable. His second was better, and I thought he had finally settled. But his third season has been so horrible, he won't be offered a new contract. A liability whenever he played due to injuries, he's been our worst signing so far. Won't be missed.

- Ben Greenhalgh: Another huge disappointment. Greenhalgh had been "just good enough" until now, but the BSP looked to be one step to far for him. Judging by his average to bad performances this season, he doesn't look likely to be able to perform in the League 2. He still has one year left on his contract, but with so many quality signings on the wings as of late, he may find himself our of the first team. A transfer is likely, if I find someone interested. A shame.

---

Next season's goals

Survival, although I don't expect problems with that. Optimistically, I'll aim for mid-table again. Doing well in the new Cups would be a plus, but it's not a priority right now, although the money would surely come handy.

Money-wise, we're a bit better than last year thanks to our FA Trophy win, but we're still on the red. Hopefully the increased attendances in the League 2 will allow us to stop leaking money on a monthly basis. Having to rely on the Cups for income is not exactly reassuring.

---

Career so far

[font=Courier New]Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South        2nd         Lost in Playoff final[/font]
[font=Courier New]2011/12   Blue Square South        2nd         Lost in Playoff semi-final, FA Trophy finalists[/font]
[font=Courier New]2012/13   Blue Square South        1st         Promoted as champions
[/font][font=Courier New]2013/14   Blue Square Premier      1st         Promoted as champions, FA Trophy champions[/font]

Thanks guys :). The L2 is looking tough, though, with MK Dons and Notts County relegating to it we're going to face some tough opposition.

Oh, and just one gametime month after posting the update, and it's already obsolete for two reasons. One: we've gone professional. Two: Jabuti is already a club legend \o/.

whats your affiliated clubs?

I can't really seem to get any with Chippenham. I have 2 foreign clubs otherwise 2 national ones.

I've been stuck on 6 for several years now - all of them rather useless Swindon in BSP (Kept due to the fact they have more knowledge of Wales than me), and teams from Slovakia, Bolivia, Jordan and Mali, and I've just recently swapped my lower German League side for Patrick Thistle.

Has anyone ever had one of their feeder clubs actually produce a decent player?

I've just noticed that Aveley are in the BSP in my game (well they were they have just been relegated) after coming up a few years ago, whilst Blackpool are down in the BSN :eek:

Here's a great one: League 2

Truro battling with Sunderland for promotion while Blackburn battle against relegation.

Even funnier is that Truro got relegated last season :D

I've been stuck on 6 for several years now - all of them rather useless Swindon in BSP (Kept due to the fact they have more knowledge of Wales than me), and teams from Slovakia, Bolivia, Jordan and Mali, and I've just recently swapped my lower German League side for Patrick Thistle.

Has anyone ever had one of their feeder clubs actually produce a decent player?

I've never used my feeders for players, just scouting knowledge.

I can get up to 25 before they start blocking them.

My feeders

I've started requesting my own, which seems to be working amazingly well, apart from when I try to get another English one. (There is Millwall, Norwich and Hearts that appear above that screen).

I've never used my feeders for players, just scouting knowledge.

I can get up to 25 before they start blocking them.

My feeders

I've started requesting my own, which seems to be working amazingly well, apart from when I try to get another English one. (There is Millwall, Norwich and Hearts that appear above that screen).

And i thought i was doing well with 14 :rolleyes:

i still don't have a commercial link

only 3 are english (billericay currently bottom of league 2 in dec, stoke and huddersfield in the championship)

no decent players have ever come from my feeders.

I've just noticed that Aveley are in the BSP in my game (well they were they have just been relegated) after coming up a few years ago, whilst Blackpool are down in the BSN :eek:

Must be a common theme, Blackpool have now spent 7 seasons in the BSN, Walsall are bottom of the BSN in dec.

As mentioned above Billericay are the only promoted team in the CC leagues although Worksop and North Ferriby made it to league 2 before falling back to BSN.

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2048/49

Witha Premier League and Champions League double last season, my aim for the club was achieved. Anything that happens from now onwards is just a bonus.

League Table

League Positions Graph

It was a pretty easy title win as the usual clubs at the top didn't seem to be too good this year. There was a bit of a scare as we slipped up in our games in hand but we had enough left in us to fend off Liverpool.

Community Shield - even with just ten men for most of the match we made easy work of this.

UEFA Super Cup - it looks like a hammering, but it really wasn't.

FIFA Club World Cup - the sending off evened things up but we just about managed to see them off.

Carling Cup - Oxford shock us yet again. Shame they seem to have become a mid table Championship club now.

FA Cup - the route to the final was hard work, but the final itself was completely one sided. I've no idea how they managed to keep it to just two.

UEFA Champions League - the group stage wasn't the most exciting time for us, but our excellent defensive performances saw us through. The two Italian teams were hard work and Lyon gave us a shock by going 2-0 up in the home leg, but we found ourselves in what looked like an easy final. It turned out to be far from that, as Anderlecht came close to the upset.

Squad - it wasn't long ago I was delighted with the attacking midfielders and strikers we had at the club, now look at them. Without Moran we would really be struggling for goals.

Transfers - a little bit of action as a couple of squad players were sold off.

Key Player Profiles:

Paul Moran - another fantastic season as he hit 30 goals for the second year running.

Andy Greenhouse - he's not the monster I was hoping for, but he's still playing well.

George Aston - he's a potential superstar, who is already performing well at a young age.

Daniel Watts - one of the few very highly rated players at the club, he's been solid.

George Fry - still the big star of this team, although he's getting on a bit now.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   9th
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   6th         Lost in playoff semi
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   4th         Promoted via playoffs
2019/20   Barclays Premier League  16th        
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  11th
2021/22   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup finalists
2022/23   Barclays Premier League  7th         Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
2023/24   Barclays Premier League  3rd
2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Champions League finalists
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Carling Cup finalists
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  2nd
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, and Carling Cup winners
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Club World Cup winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA and Carling Cup winners
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and Carling Cup winners
2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CWC FA and Carling Cup winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2036/37   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2037/38   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2038/39   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2039/40   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2040/41   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Carling Cup winners, Champions league finalists
2041/42   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2042/43   Barclays Premier League  5th         Club World Cup winners
2043/44   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Carling Cup and Europa League winners
2044/45   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and Carling Cup finalists
2045/46   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2046/47   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2047/48   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2048/49   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, and FA Cup winners

Next Season

I've got a board takeover on the horizon, which I'm assuming will be uneventful yet again. Other than that it will be business as usual, hopefully with the World Cup at the end of it.

Dafuge well done, your domination seems set to continue.

are you only playing with english players or have you had no decent non english youth players come through?

I can't remember the last time I had a non-English player come through my youth system, I had a lad from NI once but that was a long time ago.

I can't remember the last time I had a non-English player come through my youth system, I had a lad from NI once but that was a long time ago.

surprising as there generally seem to be more dual nationality regens coming through in fm10.

obviously this doesn't apply to merthyr where all the regens are welsh, think only 5 have had english nationality as well in 24 years.

surprising as there generally seem to be more dual nationality regens coming through in fm10.

obviously this doesn't apply to merthyr where all the regens are welsh, think only 5 have had english nationality as well in 24 years.

I think it is because my entire backroom staff is English.

Notepad I understand.. what code though? I know I've been knocking about these forums for a long time... but I know precious little and dont post an awful lot :)

Ah right, basically you put

and [/*code] either side of the bit you want to format (remove the *).

Probably the best way to see it is to reply to a post that contains it, you can see what is going on in there then.

This is a long shot but does anyone have any saves of Hendon taken just as they've been promoted to blue square north/south, I could use editor but if i change rep it changes all finances, and I've been reloading for for ages with no luck.

thats just it i don't, in 24 years only about 5 have had english 2nd nationality, all others had just welsh.

Ah right, got a bit confused there, I thought you were saying there were lots of foreign youths coming through. Maybe it isn't down to my staff then.

Early returns in my experience suggest that between 85 and 90 percent of regens coming through in England are English only. Once you account for the Welsh clubs getting mostly Welsh regens that probably pushes it well above 90 percent, so your numbers are probably not that out of whack.

Boston united season 24 2033/34

League Table, Position Graph final position - 1st

The league didn't start out too well but once we managed to grab top spot and never relinquished it. Even when we went to the Club World Championship. The title was won without us playing a league game as we had a Semi Final in the FA Cup against Arsenal when Chelsea failed to get a win against Sunderland. This League win makes it four in a row.

Cups

Community Shield

Took a 4th Community shield in a row after beating Man City 3-0.

FA Cup

The FA Cup saw us go on a great run through to the Semi Finals where we lost on Penalties to Arsenal meaning we would not be able to defend the FA Cup that we won last season.

League Cup

The League cup saw us going out in the 3rd round to Leeds so we wouldn't be able to defend the trophy. To be honest this didn't bother me as we had more than enough games to play with the Club World Championship and European Super Cup to play.

Champions League

THe group stage saw us come up against some difficult teams with Games against Sevilla, Grasshoppers and the team we beat in the Super cup Bayern Munich. It was obvious that Bayern would want revenge but the hardest task would be to beat Sevilla. After getting through the group stage we drew Sporting CP in the 1st Knockout round. A 0-0 draw at their place saw a great prospect of a damn good tie back at the Boston Utd Stadium. After a tense 0-0 again the tie was decided on penalties with us going through to the quarter finals where we would play Olympique De Marseille who put Man City out of the competition. A 1-1 draw at OM was followed by a 2-1 win at home leading us into a Semi Final Tie against the most successful team in the Champions League Real Madrid. After losing 3-0 at the Santiago Bernabau we had a tough task at home where we managed to eek out a 2-1 win however Real won the tie 4-2 on aggregate meaning we wouldn't be able to defend our CL title.

European Super Cup

Came up against Bayern Munich in this one and managed to pull off a win against one of the biggest teams in Europe.

Club World Championship

So we headed into our first ever Club World Championship and were given a spot straight in the Semi Final.

CWC Semi Final

The Semi saw us up against Japanese opposition in the shape of Higashioska Rosa. We quite comfortably beat them 3-1 with an efficient performance which saw us head to the final against Cruzeiro.

CWC Final

The Final saw us up against Brazillian opposition in the form of Cruzeiro. I was expecting a close game here with us maybe edging it 1-0 or 2-1. What I wasn't expecting was that we would run riot and run out 4-0 winners.

Transfers

Star Player

The star player this year has been James Farrell

Key Players

Roberto Allevi

Terry Campbell

Flavien Dedieu

Marco Antonio Torres This young Mexican has monopolised the Right back spot since signing in January

Finances

Other News

I was given the Manager of the Year and we had two players in the Team of the Year

And then there was this Boston Utd NO 1 European Club

Overall best 11

New inductees to the Overall best 11

Stuart Mcarthur

Raul Goikoetxea

Charlie Harber

Tom Van Der Weide

Season           League              Final Position               Achievments
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       Blue Square North          7th                         none
2011/12       Blue Square North          2nd                       Promoted Via Playoffs
2012/13       Blue Square Premier        15th                        none  
2013/14       Blue Square Premier        20th                        none
2014/15       Blue Square Premier        12th                        none
2015/16       Blue Square Premier        3rd                       Lost in Playoff Final   
2016/17       Blue Square Premier        1st                       Automatic Promotion, FA Trophy
2017/18       Coca Cola League 2         2nd                       Automatic Promtion
2018/19       Coca Cola League 1         21st                      Relegated to League 2
2019/20       Coca Cola League 2         4th                       Lost in Playoff Final
2020/21       Coca Cola League 2         4th                       Promoted via Playoffs
2021/22       Coca Cola League 1         9th                         none
2022/23       Coca Cola League 1         11th                        none
2023/24       Coca Cola League 1         1st                       League 1 Champions
2024/25       Coca Cola Championship     11th                        none
2025/26       Coca Cola Championship     14th                        none
2026/27       Coca Cola Championship     5th                      Lost in Playoff Semi Finals
2027/28       Coca Cola Championship     1st                      Championship Champions 
2028/29       Premier League             7th                      Qualified for the Europa League
2029/30       Premier League             2nd                      Qualified for the Champions League
2030/31       Premier League             1st                      Premier League and Carling Cup Winners
2031/32       Premier League             1st                      Premier League and Carling Cup Winners
2032/33       Premier League             1st                      PL, CL, Carling Cup and FA Cup Winners
2033/34       Premier League             1st                      PL, CWC and European Super Cup Winners

International

Brazil 2033/34

Friendlies

Vs Holland A four nil drubbing of Holland saw us play very well against a top international country

Vs Iran We may have got the win but I wasn't impressed with the game. Also a Boston Utd player in Fernando was sent off.

@ Bulgaria We were unlucky to only come out with a 1-0 win in this game as we were all over them.

Competitive games (Excluding world cup)

Vs Senegal (Confederations cup). This was the final game in the group stage with Brazil already out having lost to Italy and drawing against Iran.. The former manager was sacked and I took over. A good result saw us run out 2-0 winners

@ Venuzela (world Cup Qualifier). Our first proper game saw us put in a good performance to run out 2-1 winners

Vs Argentina (WCQ) This was the game that I was nervous about as anything other than a win would have seen the fans and media rip me apart. An effiecient performance saw us run out 1-0 winners and saw us Qualify for the world cup.

Vs Paraguay (WCQ) A great 2-0 win for us.

@ Bolivia (WCQ) An efficient performance saw us run out 3-0 winners.

World Cup 2034

Group Stage - Group Table

Ukraine 0 - 1 Brazil

Brazil 3 - 0 Morrocco - Morrocco had player sent off

Mexico 0 - 0 Brazil

So a fairly straight forward group there which we did make more difficult than it should have been.

2nd Round - Result

Italy 2 - 3 Brazil - Nowhere near as close as the result would suggest with Italy's second goal being an offside goal.

Quarter Final - Result

Brazil 2 - 0 Chile - A tie that could have been tricky turned into a walkover really with us trying to kick the door down all game

Semi Final - Result

Brazil 2 - 5 France - The less said about this the better

3rd place playoff - Result

Spain 1 - 0 Brazil - The biggest thing here was me resigination after the game

International Record

Year          Team                      Competition              Result                  Notes    
2034          Brazil                    World Cup                4th Place               Resigned after 3rd place play off

Other Winners

Premier League - Boston Utd

FA Cup - Arsenal

Carling Cup - Sunderland

Champions League - Real Madrid

Europa League - Arsenal

CWC- Boston Utd

World Cup - Portugal

Aims for next season

Carry on and try and win a 5th title

think i've just seen the oddest commentary ever.

playing the knockout rds of the euro cup, the commentary was

'Paulinho whipped in the free kick, Abraham looked to latch on to it, Paulinho scored a bizzare goal'

Paulinho my goalie took a goal kick and scored directly from it :D

First time i've ever had a goalie score direct, especially as it was really important with the team being 1-0 down, went on to win 3-1 away in the first leg.

I've had a couple come through a Licensteiner, Argentine, Bhutani and most recently an Italian (who was born in the town where I live - Lancashire not Italy) though I'd swap them for one with Potential the Striker Grant I got through a couple of years back is the only one I have had with more than one star potential :(

Nantwich Town – Premier League 2023/24 – Season 14

So after having finished in a rather impressive 9th position on our return to the Premier League last season the plan for this season was to stay up and secure the future of the club and if possible try and snatch a European place though I wouldn't bankrupt the club to chase a European place - staying up and not finishing the season in the red were the priorities.

The Boards expectations were for another mid-table position and they were willing to give me £30m we didn't have to do that, whilst the press this time gave us odds of 1,000-1 which is quite a bit better than last season and media predicted we'd finish 13th this season.

So with hardly any money I was hoping to get at least one decent youth player through, but no yet again I don't even get a Championship potential player, though I did for the second time get a player from the town near where I live - I wonder if this is a new feature, as Nantwich is about 100 miles from where I live, though I expect it's just a coincidence. At least Man City helped me out with my finances by paying over £20m for the Irish Midfielder I sold to Spartak Moscow with a 50% sell on fee getting me another £10m for him :)

Transfers - with not much money in the bank the priority was a new quality keeper, however even £15m bids for the quality keepers who were interested in signing for me were rejected, so instead Experience Jamican Keeper Dwayne Miller was brought in on a free. My other signings were all youngsters as I raided Scotland and Brazil.

Player Sales saw me get rid of unhappy and unneeded players, the new Premier League rules at least give you a good point to give up on players, as once a player reaches 22 without breaking into my team he is sold. First out the door was my ex-captain Matthew Whyte he wasn't good enough for the Premier League and had upset several players, whilst Chelsea surprisingly were the only team who wanted my backup Keeper Palmer not sure why he hardly impressed for me, whilst in January with the club needed money more several more players who weren't in my plans were sold off.

So largely using the same team as last season we got off to a fantastic start in the League winning our first five games before drawing 0-0 to Wolves, but then we went to Old Trafford and claimed a famous 2-1 win however that is when the injuries started as we first lost Sousa for 7 weeks and then in the Carling Cup 4th Round after beating Forest and Everton previously Newcastle took out van Beek (for 6 weeks), Paulista and Abelardo leaving me to play extra-time with 10 men with just a 15 yo striker upfront, however we somehow managed to win in extra-time 1-0.

With injuries piling up we started dropping points and after beating Aston Villa 2-1 in the Carling Cup Quarter Finals we falled to win again during December as Burnley became the first team to beat us this season and defeats to Spurs, Chelsea and Man City quickly followed.

Fortantley in January the arrival of several youngsters at least boosted our numbers so players could be given a rest, not that the new year got off to the best of starts as we could only draw 1-1 to Peterborough in the FA Cup and we could only draw 1-1 to Spurs at White Hart Lane in the Carling Cup Semi Final First Leg, luckily later in the month we returned to winning ways in all three competitions first Peterboro were dispatched 2-0 in the FA Cup Replay, we got back to winning ways in the League thanks to a 2-1 win over Aston Villa and we booked our place in the Carling Cup Final for the first team with a 2-0 Second Leg win over Spurs though I did lose Zelaia to injury for 3 weeks.

With our form re-found we dumped Hull out of the FA Cup with a 1-0 win before thumping Everton 4-1 in the League, however Man Utd got revenge on us by beating us 2-1 with two late goals and Burnley continued to annoy me as they dumped us out of the FA Cup in the 5th Round with a 1-0 win, us missing a 93rd minute pen summed up the game, we got over those results by beating Millwall and Fulham 2-1 before going to Wembley to face Man Utd in the Carling Cup Final.

Going into the Final Man Utd were the favourites as we were appearing in our first Final and history wasn't on our side I lost my two previous Final appearances in the Paint Trophy and FA Trophy, I was also missing my right back Leite and my promising centre-back Thomas, and whilst Man Utd were now running away with the League they had just suffered a shock 5-0 defeat to Bolton and with us both registering away wins against each other it would likely come down to who turned up.

The game got off to a cagy start however we drew first blood in the 32nd minute as Spanish Striker Zelaia got free in the area and despite being under pressure from three Utd players kept his head to shield the ball from the on-rushing keeper, then round him and tap the ball into the empty net and three minutes later he turned provider setting up Dimitrov to fire home a powerful effort to make it 2-0, though four minutes later Utd pulled one back through their 16yo Striker on his debut beating my standin right back to head the ball into the net making it 2-1. In the second half we sat back and defended trying to hit Utd on the break and whilst we couldn't grab a third goal to finish them off, Utd couldn't grab the equalisler and we held on to win the Carling Cup - according to the Media a gusty downpour is a fine spring afternoon in England :)

The board didn't seem to impressed with the Carling Cup victory and it didn't even make us any money as we got £100K prize money but had to pay the squad £140K for winning (it seems we are run like Portsmouth ;)) though the main prize was qualification for Europe.

So with European Qualification taken care of the only goal left was to ensure we didn't go down and we secured our Premier League status in our next game with a 2-0 win over Coventry with 10 games to spare.

Which was good as we then fell to pieces a van Beek hat-trick was enough to beat 10 man Burnley 5-3 and get some revenge on them however we then went on to lose 5 of our next 6 games, before Georgieve came off the bench to score a hat-trick in a 4-1 thumping of Arsenal - a game that had been postponed from August till April, we then beat Man City to end their title chances before losing to Chelsea in the final game.

Table - Would have taken 8th place at the start of the season and with winning the Carling Cup we didn't need a higher finish, though it is slightly disappointing considering the way we started the season, however injuries took their toll before we switch off after winning the Carling Cup.

Squad - A lot of rotation used this season as only Miller, Leite, Bauwens, Thomas and Bogado managed to play half my games, the goals were also spread throughout my strikers for a change with each of them managing about 2 games per goal.

In Goal Dwayne Miller arrived to add some experience to my side and whilst he did ok and somehow managed to get named Fans Player of the Year I could still do better as Alan Dolan didn't really impress either, though to be fair to him most of his league apperances were when we'd given up.

In defence Pedro Leite had another fine season when he was fit covering him was Joe Canavan whilst new signing Cledson looks like he could be a quality player. On the left Airam Barba had a solid season aswell until injury ended it and the loss of him and Leite for the second half of the season may be one reason for our poor form, his understudy Hicham Hadji had a mixed season and will need to improve next season with Russian Sergey Akchurin looking to take his place.

In the centre of defence Captain Erwin Bauwens continues to be a rock and partnering him was the highly rated Ian Thomas who did well until the the pressure got to him and this gave Russian Sergey Kalashnikov a chance to impress, whilst Scotsman Kevin Potter made a good start.

Adam Rains continued in the Defensive Midfielder role whilst youngster Chris Smith provided cover for him.

In the centre of midfield Brazilian Dario had another excellent season as my Advanced Playmaker in the middle and picked up a British passport so he may even get capped for England, providing cover was another one of my Brazilians Carlinhos who stepped up when needed.

On either side were Portuguese Wonderkid Ricardo Sousa (well he was a wonderkid for a week before turning 21) who had an injury hit season but still became my latest Continental Reputation player and Argentine Jose Bogado, providing cover was Frenchman Jerome Muraccioli who did well despite the fact that he struggles to last 60mins for some reason, Brazilian Paulista who did well when given a chance. Two more Brazilians also provided cover Eduardo made a good start after joining this season, whilst Coelho has the ability to play across the midfield.

Upfront Bulgarian Vladislav Dimitrov was made Vice-Captain and lead the line as my first choice Target Man, partnering him as my Support Striker was Record Signing Inaki Zelaia who had a solid season and even became my latest Wonderkid at the end of the season, providing cover were Spanish Towering Striker Antonio Costa and Dutch Striker Ernst van Beek, whilst Yordan Georgiev struggled with all his league goals coming at the end of the season, whilst Brazilian Striker Abelardo got amongst the goals with hardly any appearances.

Best XI - As expected the rotation this season well and truly messed this up.

Whilst Zelaia and Sousa were came 2nd and 3rd for Young Player of the Year, and rather surprisingly I was Runner up in Manager of the Year award, possibly because if it wasn't for us Man Utd would have made a clean sweep after winning the League and beating Arsenal in what looked like an eventful FA Cup Final.

Overview - It was a good team effort this season, though my defence will need to be more solid next season.

Confidence - The League Cup win makes me Untouchable for the moment.

Finances are looking better thanks to the Premier League Prize Money, it didn't help that for the first six months of the season our capacity was reduced to ~12,000 as the ground was expanded, however it's now upto just under 20,000 and a full house now brings in £600K for a league game.

Finally rather shockingly the Europa League Final will be hosted at Hillsborough next season, which despite the fact that Sheff Wed have been switching between the Championship and League One over the several seasons has a capacity of 45,000.

So the plan for next season is to concentrate on the Europa League as a good performance should boost our reputation and give us a European Co-Efficient so once we make it to the Champions League we'll hopefully miss the big teams in the first round.

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11        Blue Square North         1st              Promoted - Champions
2011/12        Blue Square Premier       3rd              Promoted - Play-offs
2012/13        League Two                8th
2013/14        League Two                11th
2014/15        League Two                15th
2015/16        League Two                3rd              Promoted
2016/17        League One                1st              Promoted - Champions
2017/18        Championship              15th
2018/19        Championship              3rd              Promoted - Play-offs
2019/20        Premier League            20th             Relegated
2020/21        Championship              9th
2021/22        Championship              1st             Promoted - Champions
2022/23        Premier League            9th             
2023/24        Premier League            8th             League Cup Winners

Michaeltmurrayuk, looks like a another good season of improvement with the first silverware, you have some good looking prem standard players who can improve, is a title challenge possible next year?

Michaeltmurrayuk, looks like a another good season of improvement with the first silverware, you have some good looking prem standard players who can improve, is a title challenge possible next year?

Not with the injuries I've picked up at the start of the season - Striker Zelaia is out for 3 months, Defensive Midfielder Rains is out for a month and his backup Smith is out for 4 months :(

On the plus side I've made it through to the Group Stage of the Europa League with wins over a Swedish and Israeli side in the Qualifiers, I'm not sure why teams moan about the Europa League as winning the first qualifer netted me ~£250K in prize money which is more than the entire Carling Cup run netted me last season.

The Europa League is the priority this season, to see whether we are ready for Europe or not.

The Group Stage should be fun as we have drawn Valencia, Dinamo (Croatia) and Metalist (Ukraine) - Valencia are rather strong having won both the Champions League and Europa League recently and tend to make it to the Quarters/Semis, Dinamo have been in the UCL Group stage rather often and even made the knockout round in 2010, Metalist are the weakest side having not made it out of the Group Stages in the last 10 years.

And just to annoy me my new £10m Keeper is cup-tied as he played in Europe the day before being granted his Work Permit :(

I've had a couple come through a Licensteiner, Argentine, Bhutani and most recently an Italian (who was born in the town where I live - Lancashire not Italy) though I'd swap them for one with Potential the Striker Grant I got through a couple of years back is the only one I have had with more than one star potential :(

I guess time makes a big difference then as I'm getting a handful of 2.5-3 stars and one or two 3.5 stars almost every year.

I guess time makes a big difference then as I'm getting a handful of 2.5-3 stars and one or two 3.5 stars almost every year.

what are your facilities like, mine are only at good and the board see no need to improve them, i get a 2.5 -3 star through every 3 years on average, often 2 in one year, mostly the players are half a star and only league 1 potential.

never had a 3.5 star youth player, 3 stars are leading prem player though.

Never had a 3.5 star young'un, best has been 3 stars. Should probably carry on my Merthyr game a bit further at some point, it's the longest save I've ever had :thup:

OK i need to do a season review but have been cracking on through with this challenge. I will update in greater detail tomorrow or Wednesday, but for the time being - whilst managing Truro i have managed to achieve back to back promotions in my first 2 seasons. We are currently in League 2, and after 22 games we are sat in 2nd on goal difference from Lincoln.

More to follow......

I'm assuming FCUM are one of the harder teams to get? I've been reloading for around an hour with no luck :(

they are quite low in rep, there was a separate thread on the forum with some save games but it seems to have disappeared.

Archived