dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well this is an interesting start to the season in the Premier League we have Played 9, Won 2, Drawn 4, Lost 3, Scored 4, Conceeded 5.

Though we are three games behind everyone else due to the Europea League, the game for some reason doesn't like you playing Thurs-Sat/Sun-Tues/Wed and will postpone the weekend game.

Merthyr Tydfil Premiership 2034/35

Table

Positions

FA Cup - 3rd Rd Replay

League Cup - 3rd Rd

Euro Cup

I started with what i though was my strongest team so far and made a great start in the league playing exceptionally well to lead by 12 points by the beginning of jan. After going out of the FA cup i had a run of 6 games without a win and was briefly overtaken at the top. The euro cup resuming in feb proved the kick start my team needed and i won the league in the 2nd last game by beating Man City 3-0. My reserve team lost to Newcastle 4-1 in the league cup and i went out to Man U in the FA cup after a replay. In the Euro cup i won my group only losing the last game with my reserve team playing. I beat Galatasary away before thrashing them at home in the 1st Knockout Rd. In the 2nd knockout rd, i was under the cosh losing 1-0 away to Hertha Berlin when my goalie scored from a goal kick, i went on to win 3-1 and comfortably went through. The qtr final against Benfica and semi final against Ath Madrid were both quite tight but 2-0 home wins in both saw me through to the final. I met my old rivals Bayern and yet again tasted success against them. Thanks to these trophies i'm now on the hall of fame for managers.

My finances are getting poor as i lost 30 million over the season as wages are increasing. My current ground of 26000 isn't big enough and my new ground is still a year away and is only 33000. On another note my chairman status has changed and after 18 years he may be on the move. He won't improve my facilities as he see's no need even though they are only at a good standard.

Transfers 1, 2

Tarantino came in on a bosman and is described as a world class midfielder, Hernandez (history) moved on as he was now 4th choice. Mettlen, Ortiz, Rauw, Rafael, Krastov and Jordi were all bought as youngsters but have not fulfilled their potential and have been sold on. Andre (history) had been a good back up player for years but i gave Colwill a chance this year so Andre was 6th choice midfielder and was sold. Brown was a youth player rated at leading prem potential when he came through but in spite of playing 90 games for teams on loan never really seemed to improve and was rated at championship potential when he left.

Maza was brought in jan for 11 million as i only had 3 strikers at the club (all the others were out on loan) and Abraham was injured for 6 weeks, i think i over paid for him really.

I also probably over paid for Brkic for 8 million. I bought him 2 years ago as he had amazing technical attributes for a 16 yo.

Squad

Paulinho played almost all the games this season with Hadland loaned out after wanting to leave.

Hagelstein wants to leave as well and may be sold as Joyce showed some great form this year at right back.

Bartolini is only rated at championship level but puts in some great performances at left back especially in the big games. Djokic has become a backup.

Osbourne and Stojanovic are the main central pairing with Castillo declining but still doing well when called on.

Nogueira did well at left midfield with Morris as backup when he wasn't injured. Aslan was his usual excellent self, he is probably my best ever player, Brkic didn't show much in his few appearances. Williams covered both wings well.

In the middle Francisco and Tarantino were the main midfield force when Francisco was on the pitchwith Tarantino providing a goal threat form midfield lacking over the last few seasons. Villalba is now rated as a wonderkid, amazingly Robertson is not even through rated higher.

Sergio was on fire at the start of the season but tailled off after xmas, Marini popped up with a lot of crucial goals over the season. Maza barely featured after his transfer in jan

Star Player - Abraham had his best ever season and led the way as captain.

Career so far:

Season    League                       Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South             3rd         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier           9th         None
2012/13   Blue Square Premier           2nd         Promoted via playoffs
2013/14   League 2                      15th        None  
2014/15   League 2                      13th        JPT Winners
2015/16   League 2                      5th         Promoted via playoffs
2016/17   League 1                      13th        None
2017/18   League 1                      14th        None
2018/19   League 1                      12th        None
2019/20   League 1                      15th        None
2020/21   League 1                      14th        None
2021/22   League 1                      1st         JPT Winners,Champions
2022/23   Championship                  16th        None
2023/24   Championship                  8th         None
2024/25   Championship                  10th        None
2025/26   Championship                  6th         Playoff semi-finalists
2026/27   Championship                  6th         Promoted via Playoffs
2027/28   Premiership                   15th        None
2028/29   Premiership                   14th        FA Cup Winners
2029/30   Premiership                   12th        None
2030/31   Premiership                   4th         None
2031/32   Premiership                   1st         Premiership Winners
2032/33   Premiership                   10th        CL Winners

----------------------------Challenge Complete--------------------------------------------

2033/34   Premiership                   5th         FA Cup Winners
2034/35   Premiership                   1st         Premiership Winners, Euro Cup Winners

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Blue Square South - 2010/11

Right - im returning to my Boreham Wood save, and I'm going to be trying to do a bit better this time by following Dafuge's game through and trying to emulate his success each season. I wont because I'm really not very good at this game, but I can but try, right?

Dafuge - any tips on how you did it all? I might nab a couple of the players, but with regards squad management, tactics etc?

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2049/50

Last season saw us raking in the trophies like the old days and with twi consecutive Champions League wins it looked we were back to our best, but with an all-T&M squad.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We threw it away as we failed to win far too many games. Our defence was great, but without a good attack we suffered from a series of 0-0 draws that put Arsenal out ahead. Stoke had a good chance to win the league, but struggled to win their games in hand and fell out of the title race.

Community Shield - a decent win to kick the season off.

UEFA Super Cup - another decent win, although it took a while.

FIFA Club World Cup - how this was only 3-0 I'll never know.

Carling Cup - we rested a few players and fell at the second hurdle.

FA Cup - I'm not quite sure how we lost, but we made a meal of an easy tie against Swansea.

UEFA Champions League - the group stage was easy enough. We sneaked though against Sporting and things were looking good as we drew Marseille. Injuries and suspensions disrupted our preparations as we went in with a makeshift defence with two midfielders in the centre and an attacker in the DM role. The worst possible thing then happened as one of them got sent off, Marseille then battered us. The second leg was mission impossible, but we got damn close.

Squad - we now look good on the wings but weak in the centre as players like Greenhouse and Brazil failed to live up to expectations.

Transfers - once again I've trimmed the squad and sold a few reserves.

Key Player Profiles:

Paul Moran - top scorer yet again but missed out on the 30 this season.

Andy Greenhouse - he's not the monster I was expecting but he's still doing pretty well.

Edward Graham - a great debut season, I'm hoping he can lead the line in years to come.

George Aston - the wonderkid winger is turning into a star.

Julian Cockerill - he nearly left a while ago but has decided to stay. A real late developer.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   9th
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   6th         Lost in playoff semi
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   4th         Promoted via playoffs
2019/20   Barclays Premier League  16th        
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  11th
2021/22   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup finalists
2022/23   Barclays Premier League  7th         Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
2023/24   Barclays Premier League  3rd
2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Champions League finalists
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Carling Cup finalists
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  2nd
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, and Carling Cup winners
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Club World Cup winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA and Carling Cup winners
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and Carling Cup winners
2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CWC FA and Carling Cup winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2036/37   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2037/38   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2038/39   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2039/40   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2040/41   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Carling Cup winners, Champions league finalists
2041/42   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2042/43   Barclays Premier League  5th         Club World Cup winners
2043/44   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Carling Cup and Europa League winners
2044/45   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and Carling Cup finalists
2045/46   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2046/47   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2047/48   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2048/49   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, and FA Cup winners
2049/50   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Club World Cup winners

Next Season

This season was a bit of a surprise and I'm hoping it was just a one off blip. The squad is probably better than it has been for years so I'm not quite sure why things didn't go our way this time. This gives me a natural challenge to regain our Premier League title next season.

Still no news on a board takeover, so I imagine the stories will start to come through next season.

The next update will be about our big moment as I take Tooting & Mitcham to the World Cup.

Dafuge - you've completed 39 seasons now, and given your success I doubt much of that has been on holiday. How do you get through it so fast? Surely you can't be achieving this amount of success without a significant amount of attention to detail?

I took a few weeks holiday at the end of the season during the early days but it says less than 1% on my manager history.

I don't pay massive attention to detail really, although I do a lot less now than I did in my first few seasons.

I now use the same tactic all the time, don't attend press conferences and watch commentary only, which is how I can play so fast.

Which tactic then?! And HOW can you be doing so well if you skip all that? Surely PCs are pretty vital to squad morale, and don't you lose something in the match analysis stakes if you just watch commentary?

My tactic is nothing fancy, just a basic 4-4-2 diamond set up using the wizard. I shoud also add that I haven't always skipped so much, that has only been since I've established my club at the very top for some time.

I'm bound to be missing out to an extent by playing quickly, but I'm enjoying the level of success I'm having at the moment so I don't really want to change things.

I'd rather spend a week doing three seasons to win the league rather than one season in the same amount of time winning it first time.

True but I play in a similar way (although admittedly with key highlights on), and it still takes me a week to do a season, even if I play a lot!! PLUS I dont do well enough, probably mainly down to my lack of attention to detail. I guess it just comes easy to some people, eh :p

Anyway will keep you posted on my progress. Not going well so far but only a few games in.

It gets much easier once you're established at the top to fly through seasons :D

Really? Even as Arsenal, I couldnt go at anywhere near the rate Dafuge is going....not that I was ever that "established" at the top - managed one league title in 15 years I think!

Really? Even as Arsenal, I couldnt go at anywhere near the rate Dafuge is going....not that I was ever that "established" at the top - managed one league title in 15 years I think!

I do also spent an insane amount of time playing the game though. I'm averaging 18.5 hours per season at the moment, is that really that quick?

Maidstone Season 11 Update 2020/21 - The Premier League

Media Prediction - 20th

Position - 9th

League Table

League Positions

A decent first season in the league, I had some decent players come in from Spain very cheap.Again the pre-summer scouting worked a treat and I was able to get some talent in. I have also sounded out some players that I need to bring in over the summer which I think will take me to the next level. A poor update from me as I have already played the next season and am a bit behind.

Star Player: Antonio - Wow, striker on loan from Real Madrid and top scorer in the league. Managed to pick him up from Madrid for £1.7m at the end of the season :cool:

Squad

Finances

Transfer History

Manager Profile

Manager Personal

Manager Information

Career Overview:

League         Season    Finished   Achievements
------------------------------------------------
BSS            2010/11   19th
BSS            2011/12   19th
BSS            2012/13   15th
BSS            2013/14   10th
BSS            2014/15   5th        Playoff Winners
BSP            2015/16   10th
BSP            2016/17   1st        FA Trophy
League 2       2017/18   1st        
League 1       2018/19   1st        JPT Trophy
Championship   2019/20   6th        Playoff Winners
Premiership    2020/21   9th

That sounds fast to me. Insanely fast really. That suggests that a full day of gameplay should be enough to finish a season - not something I have ever done with recent FMs (probably not since CM tbh).

Anyway. I have a PKM file of my latest defeat. Anyone know how to upload it to here so that I can get some pointers on how to avoid a repeat?!

I do also spent an insane amount of time playing the game though. I'm averaging 18.5 hours per season at the moment, is that really that quick?

I'm about the same, problem is the amount of real world time it takes to get through that amount of play time :p

Anyway. I have a PKM file of my latest defeat. Anyone know how to upload it to here so that I can get some pointers on how to avoid a repeat?!

That tactic forum would probably be a better place to do it, they know far more about tactics than anyone else.

As for uploading it, try filefront. If you google it, you get a quick upload link which is dead easy to use.

This is why I wanted help from you guys, not another forum. To play like this, each season would take about a year! For this challenge, speed is completely necessary (unless you're dafuge and can complete it in 10 years or less!! ;)) - I dont have time to spend hours and hours analysing matches and stuff to create a tactic. The game is too complicated now, but you guys seems to have mastered it without spending all this time doing really in-depth work....

This is why I wanted help from you guys, not another forum. To play like this, each season would take about a year! For this challenge, speed is completely necessary (unless you're dafuge and can complete it in 10 years or less!! ;)) - I dont have time to spend hours and hours analysing matches and stuff to create a tactic. The game is too complicated now, but you guys seems to have mastered it without spending all this time doing really in-depth work....

I didn't do anything when it came to tactics, at least not in the beginning. I simply chose a 4-4-2 (I prefer that) and used the wizard to create a simple tactic from that.

The only thing I change along the way is 'starting strategy'. I look at the opponent and consider whether is should be 'counter', 'control' or 'attack'. If I'm behind and there are 10 minutes left then I go 'overload'. That have saved my butt several times.

When I got into CCC it got a bit harder. My usual way of playing the tactics didn't quite help. I got a 4-4-1-1 tactic from Hamilton162 (for FM09) and adjusted that to FM10. It worked ok without doing wonders, but it did save me some good points and promotion. Now in PL a normal 4-4-2 doesn't work. I found a 4-4-2 tactics from the tactics forum that has helped alot. I'm currently 12th after 28 matches.

Well something must be going wrong - 5 points from 10 games in the BSS, not a single win....

players need time to settle. If you buy a lot of players then they can't settle in right away. The same goes if you change tactics a lot.

That was what I was hoping, but 10 games without a win? That has to be something more than a lack of squad harmony, doesnt it? And it clearly doesnt always happen - most of the people on this forum get promoted in their first season!

But promotion doesn't happen during the first 10 matches ;)

give it time. I agree that 10 matches seem a lot so perhaps it is merely a matter of small changes? Do you play too much attacking? Do the opponent get too many changes? then change to perhaps counter in the first couple of matches. Remember that you were promoted and are a less better team than the others.

If you struggle to find players then go for acceleration and pace. that goes for the first few leagues. (BSN/BSS/BSP/CCL2)

BSS is the hardest league :D I always struggle to get out of it but when out I can go up. I normally also get relegated at my first attempt at dafuges challenge every year.

I wouldnt play a 3-5-2 at this level, either a 442, 4411 or 433. I used a 433 and that worked well for me all the way up to the premier league. Maybe have at look at some of Mr. Houghs tactics?

My physio has just told me that the injury that has kept out one of my promising midfielders for half the season is likely to result in him not reaching his potential :(

On the plus side after 20 games we are now third in the league with two games in hand - six points behind second placed Burnley (!) and 12 behind Man Utd who are running away with the title again (we are the only team to have beaten them in the League this season so far), whilst behind me are Arsenal, Everton and Man City all on the same 39 points as me.

Thankfully my new £10m Keeper has proven to be a bargain in 19 games he has kept 12 clean sheets and conceeded just 7 goals :cool:, its just a shame he is cup tied in Europe.

BSS is the hardest league :D I always struggle to get out of it but when out I can go up. I normally also get relegated at my first attempt at dafuges challenge every year.

I wouldnt play a 3-5-2 at this level, either a 442, 4411 or 433. I used a 433 and that worked well for me all the way up to the premier league. Maybe have at look at some of Mr. Houghs tactics?

Who is Mr Hough? I'll happily look at them. I only play 3-5-2 because that suits the players in my team best. But I can always sign a few new ones....

England - World Cup - 2050

So, this was the big tournament that I had set my sights on once FM2010 was released. Finally I had the chance to take my England squad made entirely out of Tooting & Mitcham youth products to the World Cup. We came incredibly close to glory two years ago, but got beaten in the semis by the Germans. Could this be our time?

Qualification for the tournament in Argentina was a straight forward affair, although Israel kept things interesting by chasing us all the way.

The draw for the group stages couldn't have been kinder, with Hungary, Iran and Peru. I know Peru have upset me before in my stint at Brazil but if we can't get through that group we may as well give up now.

We had one pre season friendly, a rather competitive fixture against Brazil. The result was not that important but it was great to come through without any injuries. This meant I was able to select the 23 of my choosing from my Tooting & Mitcham squad.

England vs Iran (group stage)

Aston scored an early screamer to put the nerves behind us, Moran added a second just before half time to give us a comfortable 2-0 lead. Substitute Watson added another in the second half to complete an unspectacular routine win. In the other match, Hungary and Peru drew 0-0.

England vs Hungary (group stage)

Paul Moran gave us the half time lead with a neat finish. Disaster struck early in the second half as Hungary scored with their only shot on target. We continued to attack but just couldn't find a winner. The injury news was bad, as we lost our captain for two weeks and a right back for 3 (he was second choice). In the other game, Peru beat Iran 1-0, meaning we should just need a draw to qualify top.

Peru vs England (group stage)

We missed a lot of early chances but finally Aston headed home, with Cockerill adding a second before half time. The second half got off to a good start with a great direct free kick from Cockerill and Greenhouse completed the rout to give us an easy finish.

Final Group Table

I was surprised to drop points, but I'm glad we got through top of the group. Winning it means we avoid group winners Portugal and face surprise package South Korea, who finished ahead of Nigeria and Holland. Elsewhere, the biggest shocks were hosts Argentina crashing out in the group stage behind France and the USA and Saudi Arabia qualifying ahead of the Ivory Coast and Uruguay.

South Korea vs England (second round)

We went into the game with the same centre back problem that ruined our Champions League campaign. I made the same move, shifting a DM into DC and an AMC into DM. For much of the game they frustrated us as we failed to get our shots on target. However, late on young stiker Edward Graham made a name for himself with a late brace to seal the win. The quarter final has brought a much tougher test, in France.

England vs France (quarter final)

Disaster struck on the eve of the match as George Fry went down with an illness, missing the match. We got off to a flying start as a dodgy deflection which was credited as an own goal gave us the lead in just over 30 seconds. The second half was uneventful as we contained France, until added time, which they scored a dubious goal in. Edward Graham then stepped into the hero role once more as his extra time goal gave us the win and a place in the semi finals against Spain.

Spain vs England (semi final)

There was one name I feared as I took the press conference - Jon Punal. In typical fashion, the now 34 year old who I had nurtured as a 15 year old scored against us to give Spain the lead, which was soon doubled. We threw everything at them but just couldn't score. Gutted.

Portugal vs England (3rd place playoff)

It was the match that nobody wants to be involved in. It was a surprisingly entertaining game as Portugal gifted us the win thanks to two penalties. Not that it really matters.

Spain won the tournament, with close victory over Brazil.

International Career Overview

Year      Country          Competition                 Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2030      Italy            FIFA World Cup              Winners
2032      Turkey           European Championship       Quarter Finals
2033      Spain            Confederations Cup          Finalists
2034      Spain            FIFA World Cup              Winners
2035      Brazil           Copa América                Semi Finalists
2038      Nigeria          Cup of Nations              Winners
2038      Nigeria          FIFA World Cup              Group Stage
2040      Czech Republic   European Championship       Qualifying playoff
2041      Serbia           Confederations Cup          4th place
2042      Serbia           FIFA World Cup              3rd place
2044      Belgium          European Championship       Group Stage
2046      Russia           FIFA World Cup              Group Stage
2048      England          European Championship       Semi Finalists
2050      England          FIFA World Cup              3rd place

Next Season

The FA are still pleased with my performance, so perhaps there is still a chance to achieve this goal?

Who is Mr Hough? I'll happily look at them. I only play 3-5-2 because that suits the players in my team best. But I can always sign a few new ones....

He has made a few tactics in that forum.

At that lower level play a simple formation and player is more important than any tactical tweak... also dont expect to succeed in the first season, it took me several seasons to get out of the BSS.

Archived