dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oxford City - Season -

Transfers

Wallace, Spinelli and Pablo were rather speculative punts from free transfers, and only Wallace really proved his worth this season. Miranda and Spinelli proved very profitable and I certainly didn't miss them, while John-Joe O'Toole was re-signed desperately in order to give some much needed bite to our midfield. Pedro and the loan signings contributed little.

Nick Warren was an embarassing misplaced investment, but I was gutted to lose Kroonstrom especially because we didn't pick up a fee for a player I really rate. Reynaldo was reluctant to stay and so I tried to cash in his value, but as a 30+ years old player with an expiring contract I had to flog him on the cheap. De Jong, King and the enigmatic Bustamente showed little to convince me of a contract extension.

The Season!

Back in the Championship I was hoping to make a strong start and we just that as perennial whipping boys Doncaster and Plymouth were spanked 4-0 and 3-1 consecutively, Karakas already bagging 4 goals. A drab 0-0 draw with Peterborough felt bizarre considering our presence up front, but this proved to be no exception as we lost three games in a row with just one goal to our names; the 4-0 home defeat to Crystal Palace being the lowlight of this run. Balance was restored somewhat with 3-2 and 4-1 wins over relegation battles Norwich and Swansea, but it was beginning to feel like we only performed as a team whenever Karakas was scoring.

That theory was proved somewhat as he scored in scoring draws either side of a 4-0 drubbing at Sheffield United; he scored in the next game at Coventry but we still lost inexplicably 3-1 despite dominating the game and being 1-0 with ten minutes remaining. A second frustrating away defeat followed at Southampton. Whenever we didn't feed 'The Kraken', we didn't get a result. An always tricky Mansfield side were edged past 2-1 at the Oxford City Stadium. Home seemed to be where the heart was as we could only manage a draw at a disappointing Middlesborough, and for the 7th game in a row we only scored as a team when Karakas did, but Kroos was looking useful in a supporting role. Until he got injured, and Ozturk joined in the goalscoring fun against Brighton who were stuffed 4-1. As November began, our previous talisman David Hoilett was playing terribly, our league position did not reflect our ability and the squad was in disarray because they knew it themselves. And so, after a close defeat at a very strong Ipswich side, they decided to pull their finger out and do something about it.

Milwall were smashed 6-1 in their own back yard, and Blackburn, Leicester and Bristol City saw 4, 3 and 5 goals go past them without reply; Michael Ozturk looked simply unplayable. Our 1-0 home win and 2-0 away win against Doncaster were much narrower, and we looked very fatigued against a poor Plymouth side, Pilar's last minute free kick giving us our 7th win a row. That's where the run ended though, as Peterborough hammered us 3-0 at London Road, but we showed good character to beat a disciplined Barnsley side 2-0. A rot set in with 5 games winless, but once again facing a poor Swansea side allowed us to take advantage, securing a decent 3-1 win in Wales. Once again a vital home game with Leeds would shape our season, and once again we came out victorious but only 2-1 this time, the crucial goals coming from the talismanic Karakas and Barile. Ozturk's fine brace sent another Yorkshire side packing, Sheffield United, in the same week. Another sojourn into sunny Wales ended in gloom, as Mark McGarry's magnificent hat-trick sent us back with our tails between our legs.

6 points were vital against the very beatable Southampton and Mansfield but we only managed 1; we made up for this somewhat as Jacopo Barile struck an unbelievable brace to vanquish Middlesborough 2-1, and our next game at Brighton was a thriller for the neutral - 4-4 it finished, but 3 points would have been so beneficial to our late play-off charge. Luckily, a 1-0 Karakas game against Milwall followed a useful point at Milwall, but despite Ozturk's best efforts we fell to defeat at Blackburn. We lost at home to Ipswich 1-0, and our destiny was out of our hands.

We finished the season in a strong position, winning successive tough games against Bristol City and Forest. Going into the last game of the season at home to Stoke, we had to beat them and hope Leeds lost. Early goals from Ozturk and Pilar put us firmly on top as Leeds trailed early on; but eventually they rallied to win the game and yet another season in the Championship awaited us.

Final League Table

Considering my weirdly efficient play-off record (4 successes in 4 attempts) this felt like losing out on the last automatic place.

Squad (End Of Season)

Our lack of depth up front probably shows our dependence on certain players.

Finances (End Of Season)

Better get back into the Premiership soon...

FA Cup

Required a late bail-out of a goal from Karakas against Grimsby, but my only priority in the Cup was just to not get embarassed.

League Cup

...which I didn't achieve.

Key Players

Marco Vacca

Keeps growing in stature, quickly becoming our most consistent and accomplished defender. Great vice-captain.

Martin Pilar

Found his feet a bit more in the Championship, but I still wonder what his best role is; he often doesn't last 90 minutes due to poor fitness.

Oguzhan Karakas

What can I say? 31 goals in 43 appearances, he's devastating every season and there's no question of him leaving. One of my favourite players ever.

Michael Ozturk

Ably supported Karakas up front; he seemed to be able to lead the line and drop deep depending on the situation.

Jacopo Barile

Another consistent season, but I feel he could offer more in the way of excellence.

Season    League                   Position       Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square North            2nd         Promoted via play-offs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier          11th           -
2012/13   Blue Square Premier          3rd         Promoted via play-offs
2013/14   Coca Cola League 2           7th         Promoted via play-offs
2014/15   Coca Cola League 1           16th           -
2015/16   Coca Cola League 1           2nd         Promoted
2016/17   Coca Cola Championship       13th           -
2017/18   Coca Cola Championship       13th           -
2018/19   Coca Cola Championship       11th           -
2019/20   Coca Cola Championship       7th         Promoted via play-offs
2020/21   Barclays Premiership         18th   
2021/22   Coca Cola Championship       8th          -

Next Season

Get the hell out of this division; it needs a strong push, but I think we're in a much better position to cope in the Premiership this time around.

Nantwich Town - Season 2010/11

An ok season, when taking the poor players in comparison. Wont make a long post of this one, as nothing noteworthy is to mention :D

Finished 16th - Table Graph

Cup run:

FA - exit in 3rd qual

FAT was the only highlight, managed to get to the 4th round there.

Squad Finances

Aim for next season to survive naturally. Wouldnt mind a parent club that could send a solid keeper and winger. Hope to gain some sort of cash, so far cash in the season was from playing high rep teams in off season, and it gradually decreased as the season came along.

What happened to fan day? :D

Had to decide between Spain or England for national team manager. I have more players capable of playing internationally for Spain ATM as most of my English players are youth. Euro 2020 just finished with both in the final and WC in 2 years. Both teams have easy qualifiers. Decided to go for Spain now. Will try for England when I get more England worthy players.

Oh and I seem to be picking up a few wonderkids now. IIRC I have 4. One a Spanish RB, one a South African AMC and another a Brazilian ST. While there's also an English DC.

I also fired my AssMan. Promoted a youth coach. Hired my former AssMan as that for my Spanish job. If he doesn't get another job I'll keep hiring him as such for whichever national team I'm managing. Been with me since League One I think so feel like keeping employed for his awesome service. Just needed a bit of freshening at the club.

Nantwich Town – Premier League 2028/29 – Season 19

After a poor season last year an improvement was required this season, not that I could afford nor attract any World Class players to improve the side, so I'd have to rely upon what I already had.

The board again expected a top four finish, the bookies reckoned we'd finish 4th as did the media, whilst we became the 7th Richest Club in the World.

Transfers - I continued to do my best to poach promising youngsters, whilst I had another clear out this time it was wage costs that resulted in me needing to get rid of players; page2 and page3 resulting in another £100m worth of sales.

Community Shield - we started the season off by just about retaining the Community Shield.

Premier League - We were unstoppable in the League this season, despite getting off to a slow start we thrashed Man City 4-1 in our second game, but once we got going we were unstoppable winning 15 games in a row between October and January beating Arsenal's record that had stood since 2002, during that run I claimed my 500th win at Nantwich, we also thrashed Chelsea 6-1 before we suffered a shock 1-0 defeat to Arsenal, but a 4-1 win over Liverpool in my 1,000th game all but confirmed the title, though a shock 3-1 defeat to Watford and Man City never seeming to play meant the title wasn't secured until we had four games left. Our 94pt haul was also a new record beating the 85pts claimed by Liverpool in the first season (we actually already had 85pts by the time the league had been won).

Man Utd didn't have a great return to the Premier League as they went straight back down despite spending £121m including a record £53m on Everton Winger/Striker Watson, who I tried to get but he wanted £180K p/w which is well outside my reach.

Champions League - Whilst it was nice to reclaim the League Title the goal this season was still to win the Champions League, thoug we were again given no chance of winning the Champions League, though at least we climbed upto 8th in the European Rankings that saw us become a 1st Seed which drew us against Bordeaux and Olympiakos for the first time and Metalist again.

Champions League Group - The table looks closer than it was, we opened up with strong victories over Olympiakos and Metalist before suffering a shock defeat to Bordeaux in France before winning our three remaining games to finish top.

In the First Knockout Round we would return to Italy this time to face Inter Milan for the first time, and an excellent performance in the First Leg saw us return home with a 4-1 win, in the Second Leg we got off to an awful start failing 2-0 down within 8 minutes however that woke us up and Inter got nowhere near to getting the five goals they needed.

In the Quarter Finals we would yet again face Barcelona who haven't actually managed to beat us yet, and their luck wasn't about to change as we claimed a comfortable 3-0 win in the First Leg at home, though it did help that for some reason our tie was played on the same day as most non-European National Teams played a friendly, that our players couldn't be removed from leaving Barcelona with several key players missing compared to my two wingers. In the Second Leg Barcelona were finished off within 20 mins as we went 2-0 up requiring Barcelona to score six to go through, though they did come back to 2-2 as we let the foot off the gas.

In the Semi Final we would return to Spain this time to face At. Madrid, the First Leg didn't exactly go to plan as we lost 2-1 and Sousa managed to get himself sent off moaning about Madrid's second goal, in the Second Leg we didn't mess around scoring two quick goals before finishing with a 5-1 win to send us through to the Final.

In the Final we would face yet another Spanish side this time Sevilla who knocked out Arsenal on away goals, whilst the final would also be in Spain at A.Madrid's old stadium. We were both looking for our first Champions League trophy it was our second final and Sevillas first.

The Final proved to be an easy game as we comfortably the better team and ran out 3-1 winners.

So after 6,093 days and 1,014 matches the Challenge was completed. :cool:

Carling Cup - Didn't go to plan as we lost to Liverpool in the Quarter Final.

FA Cup was even worse as we somehow lost to Peterborough in the Third Round.

Squad - We were quite lucky this season with regards to injuries only losing one or two players at a time instead of half my team. I also changed things around normaly I play my first XI in the league and important cup games with my second XI playing in the cups and Europe, I also use my second XI when we play twice a week in the league, whilst this keeps my players fit and happy and gives my young players experience it can result in a disjointed side especially when most of my second string are inexperienced, so this season I tried to play the same XI in as many games as possible in the League and Europe, keeping my players fit by subbing tired players and giving them a day or two of rest after each game, and it seemed to work as we broke several records this season, though not being forced to field third and fourth choice players may have helped as well.

In Goal Taha Kodalak returned to form but finished Third in European Keeper of the Year, whilst promising English Keeper Jeff Edwards covered him this season.

At right back Pedro Leite returned to form putting in some fine performances this season, whilst his understudy Cledson didn't have the best season. On the left Ricardo Jimenez Garcia became first choice with a solid season which left Airam Barba to provide cover.

In the Centre of Defence I still struggled to find a new partnership whilst Ian Thomas was on form this season and he was named Third best player in the Champions League, though finding him a partner is proving to be rather difficult, I've hopefully solved my problems with the signing of Norwegian Terje Amundsen who had a good first season and even became a wonderkid at the end of the season, however he is proving to be rather injury prone and that isn't a good sign, cover was provided by Scottish youngster Ross Charlesworth who has potential but isn't quite ready yet and promising English Defender Michael Moss who showed glimpses of his potential and was rewarded with a shock England call-up.

I don't know if it's just me but Centre-backs and Keepers seem to be the hardest players to get to develop, my young strikers and midfielders are developing nicely, but my Young Keepers and Defenders don't seem to be developing as quickly.

In Midfield Alessandro Tufano had an excellent season on the right wing scoring aswell as creating goals, covering him was Brazilian Eduardo who had a poor season, whilst I gave my latest Academy player Richie Jenkins a couple of sub appearances and he can now play down either wing. On the left Dario was in good goalscoring form aswell with the opposite winger at times almost acting as a third striker, providing cover was fellow Brazilian Glaucio.

In the Centre of Midfield Ricardo Sousa had a solid season as my Deep-lying Playmaker, I still have no idea why all of a sudden he has started to pick up so many yellow cards, partnering him as my Box-to-Box Midfielder was Jerome Muraccioli who had an excellent season and had his most creative season so far.

Providing cover were four English Wonderkids but despite them all being highly rated none of them impressed in the Box-to-Box role so I was forced to change it to a MC support role, with Brett Stubbs impressing the most, whilst Kyle Herbert was just starting to find his feet before injury ended his season early and he somehow came third in English Young player of the Year behind my Striker Giles who was at loan and Chelsea and a Midfielder Wilson who I'd sold to Notts County, Elvis Kwame also struggled to get into the side with injuries limiting his appearances, whilst Jordan Charles became my latest Wonderkid and even got a couple of England caps but still didn't impress though at least this time he got a couple of assists.

Upfront Inaki Zelaia was on fire scoring a record 29 goals however a couple of injuries meant he had to settle for Second Place in the Premier League Top Scorer but made up for it by being named Footballer of the Year and Nantwich Player of the Year, partnering him this season was fellow Spanish Striker Antonio Costa who returned to form with 21 goals in 31 games which saw him finish second in the Champions League Golden Boot, whilst French Striker Frank Schmidt turned provider this season.

Providing cover was highly rated English Striker Ryan Reeves who had an excellent season consider he spent most of it coming off the bench he even managed to be the Third Top Scorer in the Champions League, Academy player Geoff Grant also had a fine season however I have a slight problem with him - a couple of seasons ago a loan to Sheff Wed was bugged and whilst I got him back he is also at Sheff Wed which means his value and asking price keep on resetting to zero and his league appearances are getting wiped out at the end of the season and there doesn't appear to be any way to stop it happening :(

Champions League Dream Team - Only Ian Thomas is named in the side as Arsenal and Sevilla dominate it.

World Team of the Year - Pedro Leite is officially the worlds best right back whilst Dario and Zelaia make the bench.

Premier League Select - See's Leite, Thomas, Tufano and Zelaia all selected.

Best XI - Surprisingly Stubbs is named in the side ahead of Sousa.

Finances - despite claiming both the Premier League and Champions League we would have lost £30m if it wasn't for me bringing in £80m with player sales, I really need a bigger stadium but my current ground cannot be expanded anymore and it is only 10 years old.

With the Champions League captured our reputation increases to Worldwide.

Finally with the Challenge complete I enter the realm of International Management as the Manager of Hungary

So I have a few plans for the future (well until FM11 is out);

- Break some records.

- Top the hall of fame.

- Get 100% Scouting Knowledge (though this never seems possible)

- Learn as many languages as possible.

Transfers/Squad;

- All Homegrown (20 out of registered 25 at the moment)

- All Academy/Feeder Club players.

- All Academy.

- All English.

- World Star from each area (already have Dario S.America, and Reeves Europe).

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11        Blue Square North         1st              Promoted - Champions
2011/12        Blue Square Premier       3rd              Promoted - Play-offs
2012/13        League Two                8th
2013/14        League Two                11th
2014/15        League Two                15th
2015/16        League Two                3rd              Promoted
2016/17        League One                1st              Promoted - Champions
2017/18        Championship              15th
2018/19        Championship              3rd              Promoted - Play-offs
2019/20        Premier League            20th             Relegated
2020/21        Championship              9th
2021/22        Championship              1st             Promoted - Champions
2022/23        Premier League            9th             
2023/24        Premier League            8th             League Cup Winners
2024/25        Premier League            2nd             League Cup & FA Cup Winners
2025/26        Premier League            1st             Champions League Runners-up
2026/27        Premier League            1st             FA Cup Runners-up
2027/28        Premier League            3rd            FA Cup Winners
2028/29        Premier League            1st             Champions & Champions League Winners
*** CHALLENGE COMPLETE ***

Congratulations Michael! Well earned by the looks of it.

Just looking at your squad you have 29 players who have all made appearances, I'm assuming the players outside of your EPL 25 are just cup games?

Congratulations Michael! Well earned by the looks of it.

Just looking at your squad you have 29 players who have all made appearances, I'm assuming the players outside of your EPL 25 are just cup games?

They'll be the odd dead games in the league aswell as the League Cup and Europe.

I haven't actually had a problem with the new Premier League Registration rules most of my team are under 21 and homegrown (the only annoyances are the always present HG icon and the lack of squad numbers) and I've never had to not register someone, though I do tend to sell anyone who is over 21 and not in my first 22.

That said things could be interesting at the end of the season I am currently in as it looks like I'll have 40 odd players 21 or over next season so it looks like another clear out is required.

I always look to have a few experienced players who I pick for cheap/frees. Helps though that I usually have first teamers who are under 21. If needs be there are always players I can get rid of.

Anyway season update soon enough. Already started friendlies for next season already. Might do a double update and just play through this season.

Well this season has started off how the last one finished - I've just won my first 15 games scoring 44 goals conceeding just 7 :D - it has taken until 3rd Nov for Liverpool to become the first team to take points off me with a 0-0 draw and that was thanks to the ref wrongly disallowing a 95th minute strike.

First off: Well done Michael!

Merthyr Tydfll Season 4 2013/14 CCL1 -JPT Winners, defeat in Play-off final :(

Well, the season began with me stating we would achieve mid-table obscurity, and while the first two matches were a great start, we dropped quickly near the bottom of the table. only to turn around and start a great run to the top, when we had reached it, top goalscorer got injured for a few weeks, and never was the same again, having us barely grab the last play-off place in this very erratic season. The first round of play-offs went very well, winning 2-0 to Walsall at home, and 3-1 away, though the latter was helped by Walsall receiving a Red card after scoring the 0-1, my lads straightened there backs quickly and scored the equalizer, which sealed Walsall's failed bid for promotion.

In the final, however, we were firmly out-played by Norwich, leaving us with only nice memories (Well, and a nice wad of Attendance income!)

We did win the JPT, as well as progress quite far in the FA cup. Alls this made for a Season turnover of almost a million! I'm currently contemplating whether to ask for Training/Youth boost or save up for stadium (As expansion is unfortunately not possible). I guess I will wait till there is more certainty, as it looks like a consortium takeover is going to take place.. Which hopefully will not take too long, atleast not put my whole summer under an embargo.

Next year I'm going for a promotion, hopefully needing to rely less on loan players as well.

Table

Transfers

As you can see, my Dutch nationality might have helped landing De Guzman and De ridder, both great players, although they did not reach their full potential this season.

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promotion through Play-offs!
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      1st         Champions!+FA Trophy Winners!
2012/13   Coca Cola League 2       3rd         Promotion!
2013/14   Coca Cola League 1       6th         JPT Winners! Play-off final defeat.

Congratulations, Michael, and what a season to finish it off on!

But Fulham were always so good in your save, and now they go down, and in administration, too! Is Hameur Bouzza your scout?

I don't know what happened to Fulham to send them into admin, I'm guessing it must be wages as they have a smaller ground than me. Though I've just noticed their manager was Ochoa at the start of the season who they fired and he then went and got Utd relegated, Fulham then appointed the Italy manager who was winning stuff with Italy but gets Fulham relegated. The 10 points they got is a new record low aswell.

And it is Hameur Bouzza who's my scout, I also have Boa Morte, Flamini, Prosinecki, Arthur Numan, Neil Lennon, Fulop and Vanden Borre on staff.

Looks like I am going to be busy in the second half of the season as thanks to the World Club Cup and random postponements I am four games behind everyone else, but still five points clear at the top of the table :D from both Newcastle and City who have played 19 games to my 15.

SnakeXe's Tiverton Town - Season 6 - 2015/16

Story of the Season:

After some excellent transfer dealings, including bringing in Daniel Aquino - a genuinely talented winger - and Victor Palsson, a Champions League-experienced central midfielder, I was feeling optimistic for the season.

Some good early showings in our new 4-5-1 formation encouraged me, but some critical injuries meant we slipped down the table going into the New Year. An unlucky FA Cup exit to Liverpool after holding them for 75 minutes seemed to knock the wind out of us, and a run of 7 defeats from 8 dragged us into an unexpected relegation battle.

We were floundering slightly, and I have to admit I lost faith in my ability to turn it around, but I did just that with a change back to our 4-1-2-3 unleashing Daniel Aquino, firing in 4 wins from 5, to put us 3 points clear with 5 to play.

Of course, disaster struck and Aquino's hamstring snapped in training, leaving him out for the season and us with no replacement for his critical defence-stretching role.

A run of 1 point from the next 4 games meant we were stuck in the relegation zone going into the final weekend. We needed a win over Michael Owen's Wigan, whose season was effectively over, and other results to go our way in order to stay up.

We, of course, went 1-0 down early on after some shocking defending, and couldn't get a foot on the ball all half. Results elsewhere were in our favour, but we just couldn't get into the game.

The second half brought a slight bit of impetus, as I decided to go attacking, and we equalised with 20 minutes left. A second goal was needed though, and I threw everything at Wigan.

We didn't really create anything though, and even another 2 minutes over the allocated stoppage wasn't enough, as I suffered the first relegation of my FM career.

Chris Smalling, Daniel Aquino, and Oniforos Roushias were kind enough to greet me in the dressing room with transfer requests. I decided to accept them all.

Next Season:

Win the league, win the Paint Pot. Nothing else will do.

5 Most Important Players:

5. Victor Palsson MC - Stats-wise, probably the best player we've ever had on a permanent contract. It's just a shame he couldn't inspire us on the pitch, would have hoped for more from him

4. Omar Miguez AMC - His stats make him look like just a pace merchant, but was actually an assured presence in the midfield, and our leading assist-maker

3. Daniel Aquino AML/ST - If he hadn't twanged his hamstring we definitely would have stayed up, as he inspired us to that run of 4 wins from 5 beforehand. Would have been above Anichebe in this list if he hadn't handed in a transfer request immediately following relegation

2. Victor Anichebe ST - Top scorer yet again but with only 8 goals this time in a season blighted by injury. Perhaps if he'd been fitter more often we'd have stayed up

1. Chris Smalling DC - Another great season from the man, but not quite enough unfortunately. Has handed in a transfer request and better sides are sniffing around, so he'll probably be off for a couple of million

At a Glance:

Championship - 23rd, Relegated

FA Cup - 4th Round (lost v Liverpool)

League Cup - 2nd Round (lost v Hull)

Transfers - Made £300k

History:

Season   League               Pos  Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11  Blue Square South    1st  Promoted as Champions
2011/12  Blue Square Premier  1st  Promoted as Champions, FAT Runners Up
2012/13  League Two           5th  Promoted through Playoffs
2013/14  League One           1st  Promoted as Champions
2014/15  Championship        19th  None
2015/16  Championship        23rd  None

Tiverton 100 Club:

Name                Position  Era            Apps  Goals  Ave. Rating
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jabuti              FC        2010-2016       182    150         7.45
Anton Peterlin      MC        2011-Present    172      8         7.00
Gary Woods          GK        2013-Present    150      0         6.86
Oniforos Roushias   ST        2013-Present    121     36         7.04
Aaran Racine        DC        2012-Present    115     24         7.17
Craig Gray          AML       2010-2014       113      6         7.09
Dale Bennett        DRC       2011-2015       111      0         6.95
Kyle Letheren       GK        2010-Present    110      0         6.84
Alex MacDonald      AMR/ST    2011-2014       104     21         6.88
Kevin Little        AMRLC     2010-2014       101     13         6.93

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2058/59

Last season was a clean sweep so the target was just to try and repeat it.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We had a nother blinding start with 8 consecutive wins which meant we were always well ahead. Our first defeat didn't come until February, where we lost 1-0 to Ipswich.

Community Shield - it took a while but we got the deeserved win.

UEFA Super Cup - I've no idea how we managed to lose this one.

FIFA Club World Cup - another easy victory.

Carling Cup - an awful display against Man City knocked us out.

FA Cup - we didn't concede a goal until the final, where ex player Edward Graham scored twice to beat us.

UEFA Champions League - it was an easy group followed by a dominant display in the knockout stages but the highlight was the final. 2-1 down and loooking out of it, a last gasp free kick to it to extra time where we won on penalties.

Squad - the squad is getting stronger and stronger and it is nice to see some highly valued players once again.

Transfers - a small loss thanks to splashing out on defender Kenedy.

Key Player Profiles:

Gerald Dijk - I was expecting goals from this free transfer and I got them.

Sebastiano Costacurta - playing alongside Dijk in a supporting role seems to have brought out the best in him.

Hasan Aydin - great as ever.

Márcio - he took on the AMC role to get him involved.

Marcelo Silva - a superb left back.

Career Overview

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   9th
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   6th         Lost in playoff semi
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   4th         Promoted via playoffs
2019/20   Barclays Premier League  16th        
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  11th
2021/22   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup finalists
2022/23   Barclays Premier League  7th         Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
2023/24   Barclays Premier League  3rd
2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Champions League finalists
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Carling Cup finalists
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  2nd
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, and Carling Cup winners
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Club World Cup winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA and Carling Cup winners
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and Carling Cup winners
2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CWC FA and Carling Cup winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2036/37   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2037/38   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2038/39   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2039/40   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2040/41   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Carling Cup winners, Champions league finalists
2041/42   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2042/43   Barclays Premier League  5th         Club World Cup winners
2043/44   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Carling Cup and Europa League winners
2044/45   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and Carling Cup finalists
2045/46   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2046/47   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2047/48   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2048/49   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, and FA Cup winners
2049/50   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Club World Cup winners
2050/51   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners, FA Cup and CL finalists
2051/52   Barclays Premier League  4th    
2052/53   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners, FA Cup finalists
2053/54   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners
2054/55   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2055/56   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CWC, and FA Cup winners, CL finalists
2056/57   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners
2057/58   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2058/59   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CWC, and CL winners, FA Cup finalists

Next Season

More of the same hopefully, although I am also trying to save a bit of money in the hope that a new stadium will be built in a couple of years.

So.. The transfer embargo I predicted came Half July.

It's now Half March, and it's still up. I'm still first in the league, but I had to throw numerous games (also FA Cup) by selecting sub-par players because of my small squad size.

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2059/60

With the squad settling with all the new signings we are really starting to dominate at home and abroad.

League Table

League Positions Graph

Once again we had a great start as we blasted our way to the title. Things could have been even better had we not lost four of our last five games.

Community Shield - we were by far the better team but only just came away with the win.

UEFA Super Cup - another deserved victory.

FIFA Club World Cup - even with a weakened team we still won it easily enough.

Carling Cup - we played a weakened team but it was still gutting to lose like this.

FA Cup - we hit 7 two games running before losing in the semi final to another late goal.

UEFA Champions League - qualification from the group was very close as a 0-0 draw saw us top the group. We went goal crazy in the knockout stages before winning a simple enough final.

Squad - we were goal crazy this season as six players scored close to twenty goals.

Transfers - big news as I cashed in on Gerald Dijk. It was all based on clauses so I haven't seen a penny yet but he was approaching 30 without scoring that many so it was an easy decision.

Key Player Profiles:

Greg Brough - somehow, despite not even being a first choice, he finished top scorer.

Giovanni Coccia - the young Italian lad with silly wages had a good year.

Sebastiano Costacurta - another great team performance.

Miguel Santos - somehow he's become a goal machine.

Hasan Aydin - 27 assists was just insane.

Axier - signed for £3m and a few clauses from a youth contract, he was an absolute bargain, and the reason for selling Dijk.

Career Overview

2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   9th
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   6th         Lost in playoff semi
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   4th         Promoted via playoffs
2019/20   Barclays Premier League  16th        
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  11th
2021/22   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup finalists
2022/23   Barclays Premier League  7th         Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
2023/24   Barclays Premier League  3rd
2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Champions League finalists
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Carling Cup finalists
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  2nd
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, and Carling Cup winners
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Club World Cup winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA and Carling Cup winners
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and Carling Cup winners
2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CWC FA and Carling Cup winners
2035/36   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2036/37   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2037/38   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2038/39   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Club World Cup winners
2039/40   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2040/41   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Carling Cup winners, Champions league finalists
2041/42   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2042/43   Barclays Premier League  5th         Club World Cup winners
2043/44   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Carling Cup and Europa League winners
2044/45   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and Carling Cup finalists
2045/46   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2046/47   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
2047/48   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2048/49   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, and FA Cup winners
2049/50   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Club World Cup winners
2050/51   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners, FA Cup and CL finalists
2051/52   Barclays Premier League  4th    
2052/53   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners, FA Cup finalists
2053/54   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners
2054/55   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2055/56   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CWC, and FA Cup winners, CL finalists
2056/57   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners
2057/58   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2058/59   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CWC, and CL winners, FA Cup finalists
2059/60   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League, CWC, and CL winners

Next Season

I'm after total domination and it looks like the Carling Cup could be my biggest challenge.

£80m for Dijk?! I mean he's good, but wow. Why do I never receive bids like that :(

£40m for a 30-year-old left winger was the best I've had, which obviously I can't complain about, but after that the second best is only around £15m.

£80m for Dijk?! I mean he's good, but wow. Why do I never receive bids like that :(

£40m for a 30-year-old left winger was the best I've had, which obviously I can't complain about, but after that the second best is only around £15m.

It was £40m spread over 48 months and another £40m after 30 league goals. Teams seem to bid loads more if you avoid asking for the money up front.

Hednesford Season 1 (10/11)

Table

Graph

Season got off to a messy start but once the squad gelled we starting moving up the table, first changed hands a load of times but we did not mange to take it until the last few weeks of the season.

Overall solid first season.

Cups:

FA Cup

FA Trophy

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Players:

Titchnerer: Leading scorer however he over preformed most of the season doubt he can follow up on his results.

McGeouch:: Striker I picked up late was also decent player not sure how he will fair next season.

Fairley: GK I picked up early in the season, seems to be fairly solid.

2010/11   Blue Square North        1st        Promoted

Next season: Get some decent defenders and try to improve the midfield a bit.

It was £40m spread over 48 months and another £40m after 30 league goals. Teams seem to bid loads more if you avoid asking for the money up front.

Ahh I'll have to give that a go! Finally got my youth facilities up to "State-of-the-art Facilities Plus Youth Academy" so I'll hopefully be selling off the big names and blending some academy graduates in from next season :thup:

Are you offering players out like that, or are you negotiating bids you recieve, as whenever I offer someone out the game seems to change the amount I offer the player for, most of the time it seems to reset to twice the players value regardless of what I ask for.

Are you offering players out like that, or are you negotiating bids you recieve, as whenever I offer someone out the game seems to change the amount I offer the player for, most of the time it seems to reset to twice the players value regardless of what I ask for.

Most of the time it is negotiating incoming bids.

Stocksbridge BSN 2038/39

Table

Positions

FA Cup - 1st Rd

FA Trophy - 3rd Rd

After leaving Merthyr i went to the previously unpromoted Stocksbridge to see if as a world class manager i could get them to the top any quicker than Merthyr.

With 500K in the bank and 86K transfer fund, i was made 3rd favourite with the bookies.

I abandoned my usual 442 and played a 442 diamond instead, it took a while to get the formation and players right but the team soon picked up to be right in the title mix. Unfortunately they ran out of steam to finish 2nd. In the playoffs i lost the first leg 3-1 and so attacked from the start in the 2nd leg. After getting in front i conceeded a last minute goal and further goals in ET to lose out.

I went out to L2 Gateshead in the FA cup and to Ossett Town in the FA trophy.

Transfers

Free transfers came in and i spent the transfer fund on wages. Made a good profit on Allison who had mostly featured as a sub.

Squad

My defence was solid but my strikers were not prolific enough.

Huitema's experience and skill were influencial.

Star player - I have a 3/4 bar of brazilian knowledge, a result either from my time as brazil manager or from the number of brazilian players signed while at Merthyr. As a result of this i trialled this player after he appeared on the player search screen. I am training him from scratch as an AMC, he is up to competant at the end of the season and his performances were getting better.

Merthyr update: in my absence Merthyr retained the premier league title

BSN 2039/40

Table

Positions

FA Cup - 2nd Qual Rd

FA Trophy - Winners

Started ok but the strikers kept missing too many chances so slipped down the league. Managed to sign Alex and put a winning streak together to go top, fought Ossett Town for the rest of the season down to the last game when i overtook them after briefly slipping up.

Made no impact in the FA cup going out to Buxton . In the FA trophy i went all the way to the final. Facing BSP Blackpool i was outplayed for much of the match before a devasting late spell.

The finances are looking pretty desperate as they are now at about 100K, attendances of just 250 are not helping.

Transfers

Again i concentrated on free transfers.

Squad

My defence probably wasn't as solid as it could have been with not enough clean sheets.

Mkhinze got a lot of goals from the bench.

Emilio is now a natural at AMC and it showed with an astonishing number of goals, many from long range and assists.

Pulis doesn't look great but he scored loads along with Alex

Star Player - Again signed after a trial, he is simply too good for this league. My coaches rate him as good or leading premiership standard which i think is a bit over the top.

Merthyr update: Could only finish 4th but won the league cup and lost in the CL final

Career so far:

Merthyr:

Season    League                       Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South             3rd         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier           9th         None
2012/13   Blue Square Premier           2nd         Promoted via playoffs
2013/14   League 2                      15th        None  
2014/15   League 2                      13th        JPT Winners
2015/16   League 2                      5th         Promoted via playoffs
2016/17   League 1                      13th        None
2017/18   League 1                      14th        None
2018/19   League 1                      12th        None
2019/20   League 1                      15th        None
2020/21   League 1                      14th        None
2021/22   League 1                      1st         JPT Winners,Champions
2022/23   Championship                  16th        None
2023/24   Championship                  8th         None
2024/25   Championship                  10th        None
2025/26   Championship                  6th         Playoff semi-finalists
2026/27   Championship                  6th         Promoted via Playoffs
2027/28   Premiership                   15th        None
2028/29   Premiership                   14th        FA Cup Winners
2029/30   Premiership                   12th        None
2030/31   Premiership                   4th         None
2031/32   Premiership                   1st         Premiership Winners
2032/33   Premiership                   10th        CL Winners

----------------------------Challenge Complete--------------------------------------------

2033/34   Premiership                   5th         FA Cup Winners
2034/35   Premiership                   1st         Premiership Winners, Euro Cup Winners
2035/36   Premiership                   2nd         League Cup Winners
2036/37   Premiership                   2nd         FA Cup Winners
2037/38   Premiership                   1st         Premiership Winners, FA Cup Winners

Stocksbridge:

Season    League                       Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2038/39  Blue Square North             2nd         Playoff Semi-finalists
2039/40  Blue Square North             1st         Champions, FA Trophy Winners

This is interesting everyone of my games in the first half of the season is on TV bar the Man Utd and West Ham games, and it looks like they are only not on TV due to them being Tuesday games, which means I'm not playing at 3pm once in the first half of the season :eek:

Maidstone - 2020-2025 - Premier League

So been far to long since my last update and that was partly due to me going back as there was a history problem and me just wanting to crack on with the game. I am now back in a position similar to that I left the team however second time round it has taken me to 2025. This is due to me experimenting tactically and trying to move away from lone striker formation.

2020/21

So I did better than the previous year finishing in 6th place and grabbing myself some European football

2021/22

I knew which players to sign this summer and so my squad was good enough to win the league, was also a rather poor championship.

2022/23

My squad was to young this year and struggled into 4th but I picked up the UEFA cup after crashing out of the group stages. My first top flight cup on this restart.

2023/24

A close call this season I don't actually remember much apart from my squad is starting to mature and ready to dominate England and Europe.

2024/25

Disastrous season with to much experimentation… however I cruised to a champions league victory :cool: Also picked up the community shield.

Career Overview:

League         Season    Finished   Achievements
------------------------------------------------
BSS            2010/11   19th
BSS            2011/12   19th
BSS            2012/13   15th
BSS            2013/14   10th
BSS            2014/15   5th        Playoff Winners
BSP            2015/16   10th
BSP            2016/17   1st        FA Trophy
League 2       2017/18   1st        
League 1       2018/19   1st        JPT Trophy
Championship   2019/20   6th        Playoff Winners
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Premiership    2020/21   9th
Premiership    2021/22   4th        League Cup
Premiership    2022/23   5th        Champions League, League Cup
Premiership    2023/24   1st        Champions League, FA Cup, European Super Cup, CLub World Cup.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Premiership    2020/21   6th
Premiership    2021/22   1st
Premiership    2022/23   4th        UEFA Cup Final
Premiership    2023/24   2nd
Premiership    2024/25   8th        Community Shield, Champions League

Merthyr Tydfil Season 5 2014/15 CCL1 -JPT Winners, League Champions!

Well, the season sarted well: Transfer embargo Half July.. Luckily I had already made some nice Loan signings, like Stella and Pestana, Because the embargo only got lifted on April 11th, next year with the takeover attempt collapsed.

By then it was already obvious I was going to promote, and likely as champions. We didn't do so well in FA Cup or League cup, but did manage to win JPT, to make for an excellent season.

Table

Transfers

Next year I aimed for preservation, but I'm already quite for in, and can tell you play-offs are still on the card, though it will be a battle. Board Takeover finally took place, after yet another failed attempt, in December, with the chairman considering to replace me, but luckily deciding against it!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promotion through Play-offs!
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      1st         Champions!+FA Trophy Winners!
2012/13   Coca Cola League 2       3rd         Promotion!
2013/14   Coca Cola League 1       6th         JPT Winners! Play-off final defeat.
2014/15   Coca Cola League 1       1st         Champions + JPT Winners!

Nantwich Town – Premier League 2029/30 – Season 20

With having completed the challenge in style last season the plan was to prove last season wasn't a fluke.

The board still wanted a Top four finish, the bookies made us third favourites behind City and Everton, whils the media predicted we would finish second, we also became the richest club in England, and third in the World.

Transfers and page2 - signings were limited to promising youngsters, whilst I had a small clear out all three young Dutch Strikers were sold and I even managed to get an Israeli side pay nearly £9m for one of them, right back Cledson was sold to Madrid for a record £25m (I would have got more but that's all the money they had) after he wanted too much money to sit on the bench, not that that record lasted for long as in Jan third choice left winger Luis Eduardo started to moan and was sold to CSKA for £28.5m (though the game went and injured Dario for the rest of the season after I sold Luis).

So without any new signings we got off to a fantastic start this season (for a change) winning our first 15 games in all competitions and going 33 games (Middle of Jan) unbeaten (should be 38 and 20 but for some reason the run restarts at the start of the season?)

We retained the Community Shield for a record third year in a row with a record 4-0 win over Chelsea, we also captured the European Super Cup for the first time with a 1-0 win over Roma.

In December we went to the US and one the World Club Cup, though we made hard work of it beating LA Galaxy in the Semi-Final before just about beating Boca in the Final.

Premier League - Arsenal pushed us all the way this season when we really should have had the league in the bag months ago - at the turn of the year with a win over title rivals Newcastle we were 7pts clear of Man City have played four less games, and 8pts clear of Arsenal having played one less game, however losing to Arsenal twice in the space of a month (our first two defeats this season) didn't help us and with Arsenal catching their games up first they managed to leap frog us in the league, losing it in March didn't help either as we lost badly to Spurs, Sunderland and Notts County, but thrashed Ipswich and WBA inbetween though the injuries start to add up, going into the last few games a makeshift side could only draw 0-0 to Man City leaving us 1pt clear with three games to go and having beaten Coventry (2-0) and Bolton (5-0) we would face Spurs in the final game still 1pt clear, thankfully we turned up and got revenge with a 5-0 win with Muraccioli scoring a surprise hat-trick that secured the title. I would really sorry for Arsenal if I like them considering in any season apart from the last two they would have comfortable won the league.

Champions League - We climbed upto 3rd in the European Rankings, and we were actually 5th favourites to retain the Trophy this season.

We got a nice easy Group Draw this season facing Sporting, Panathinaikos and Rubin and walked the group with six wins from six games.

In the Knockout Round we faced Dutch Side AZ and claimed a 3-1 First Leg win in Holland, in the Second Leg we suffered a slight scare due to some poor defending on two corners but in the end managed to claim a 4-2 win.

In the Quarter Final we faced Werder Bremen who had thankfully just knocked Real Madrid out, with the First Leg at Home four second half goals we enough to claim a comfortable victory, in the Second Leg with important games coming thick and fast I fielded a weakended side that we unlucky to lose 1-0.

In the Semi-Final we'd face our first Spanish side of the season in Valencia and despite conceeding an early goal in the First Leg we proved to strong and claimed a solid 4-1 win which allowed me to field a weakened side in the Second Leg and they did me proud winning 4-1 thanks to a hat-trick from Danny Giles.

In the Final we faced Inter but despite taking a 2-0 lead we managed to throw the game with some wasteful finishing and a couple of awful pens allowed Inter to win the Champions League on pens :(

Carling Cup - We finally reclaimed the Carling Cup after a five year wait an easy run to the final was finished with a comfortable 3-1 win over Man City in the Final.

FA Cup - We suffered an embrassing defeat to League One Sheff Wed in the Fifth Round, allowing Arsenal to win the FA Cup with a win over Championship side Hull in the final.

Squad

In goal Tahan Kodalak had another fine season being named the Second Best Keeper in Europe, though he is now thinking about retiring so hopefully one of my promising young English Keepers will start to impress, Jeff Edwards is the best of the bunch but he isn't really improving.

At Right Back Pedro Leite was in fine form, with promising English Youngster Russell Clarkson providing cover and is already part of the England squad. On the left Spainard Ricardo Jimenez Garcia made the position his own whilst Airam Barba provided cover.

In the centre of Defence Ian Thomas had a mixed season, getting a 3 rating in one match didn't help his overall rating, however when he was partnered with Norwegian Wonderkid Terje Amundsen we were solid at the back, the problem is Amundsen is rather injury prone, though that didn't stop him from being named English Young Player of the Year, not that their seemed to be much competition this season, providing cover was Italian Fabiano D'Angelo who did well but we just don't seem that solid when he plays, whilst his partner for backup Michael Moss didn't have the best of seasons.

On the Right Wing Italian Alessandro Tufano was in fantastic form and was named English Player of the Year, providing cover was the Brazilian Eduardo and my Academy player Richie Jenkins who had an excellent season considering he was used mainly as a sub. On the Left Dario was made my Captain this season and he had a quite season until he was injured in the Arsenal game that saw him miss the second half of the season and the World Cup, thankfully his understudy Glaucio was in fine form so he wasn't badly missed.

In the Centre of Midfield Vice-Captain Ricardo Sousa had his best season yet as he bossed the midfield as my Playmaker and was named Third in English Player of the Year, his partner Jerome Muraccioli was also a creative force, though a loss of form through the middle of the season nearly proved costly. Providing cover again were my four English Wonderkids though I am still trying to work out which role suits each of them best, Kyle Herbert stepped up this season with some good performances, Brett Stubbs also did well until injury meant he lost his place to Elvis Kwame who put in some good performances.

Upfront Spanish Striker Inaki Zelaia turned provider this time grabbing a club record 23 assists and a Premier League Record 19 assists, his partner this year was English Striker Ryan Reeves who was redeployed as my Advanced Forward and he was on fire scoring a Nantwich Record 32 goals and a record 26 League goals, beating the records set by Zelaia just last season, his value also shot upto £34.5m which makes him the most valued player on the game :cool:, he was also named Fans Player of the Year. Reeves and Zelaia also finished Second and Third for English Footballer of the Year and European Striker of the Year, Reeves was also the Second Highest Scorer in the League again just behind Arsenal Striker Martins who joined them for a club record £33.5m in the summer. Providing cover were experienced Strikers Antonio Costa, Frank Schmidt and Geoff Grant aswell as Wonderkid Danny Giles who did well when called upon.

Premier League Player Stats

Premier League Select - So close to a clean sweep of the first team, so at least my players are no longer getting overlooked for awards.

World Team - Only Kodalak gets selected, whilst Reeves must settle for a place on the bench.

Best XI - Barba and Kwame are selected ahead of Garcia and Muraccioli.

Overall XI - Tufano makes the side as my entire midfield is made up of Wingers.

Team Records - we set new records for Games Won in a Row and Games without Losing, though they should be more as the game resets at the start of the season.

Player Records - Reeves sets new Goalscorer records, whilst Zelaia beats Eikrems long standing assist record.

Finances - again we only made a profit thanks to player sales, we really do need a new stadium as the wage costs are crippling me even though I did manage to reduce them by £15m.

Overview - So close to a clean sweep this season.

So I have a few plans for the future (well until FM11 is out);

- Get 100% Scouting Knowledge: 70%

- Learn as many languages as possible: English, Hungarian (Basic)

- All Homegrown: 21/25

- All Academy/Feeder Club players: 1/25

- All Academy: 1/25

- All English: 10/25

- World Star from each area: 3/7: Reeves (Europe, World), Dario (S.America)

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
2010/11        Blue Square North         1st              Promoted - Champions
2011/12        Blue Square Premier       3rd              Promoted - Play-offs
2012/13        League Two                8th
2013/14        League Two                11th
2014/15        League Two                15th
2015/16        League Two                3rd              Promoted
2016/17        League One                1st              Promoted - Champions
2017/18        Championship              15th
2018/19        Championship              3rd             Promoted - Play-offs
2019/20        Premier League            20th           Relegated
2020/21        Championship              9th
2021/22        Championship              1st             Promoted - Champions
2022/23        Premier League            9th             
2023/24        Premier League            8th             League Cup Winners
2024/25        Premier League            2nd             League Cup & FA Cup Winners
2025/26        Premier League            1st             Champions League Runners-up
2026/27        Premier League            1st             FA Cup Runners-up
2027/28        Premier League            3rd             FA Cup Winners
2028/29        Premier League            1st             Champions & Champions League Winners
*** CHALLENGE COMPLETE ***
2029/30        Premier League            1st             World Club Cup & League Cup Winners, Champions League Runners-up

International - Hungary 2029/30

With the Challenge complete I accepted the Hungary job when offered it.

World Cup Qual Group 5 - I started off in Third place and finished in Third, we just about beat Lativa and Romania, but could only draw to Armenia and then narrowly lost to both Germany and Russia, though even if we beat Germany and Russia we still wouldn't have gone through unless we won both games big.

Season          Competition                League Finish     Achievements
2029/30        World Cup Qual                   3rd 

This is typical the four players with potential I've been given this season are three left wingers and a left wing back, well at least it means I should be sorted on the left for the future now, I wouldn't have minded them to be spread across a couple of positions though.

Sorted it, any recomendations on who to start as?

I was FC United, and they start off with an 11000 capacity all-seater (groundshare with Bury), no debt and a pretty generous Chairman. Or you could go down the more difficult route of a team with a terrible stadium that you'll need to upgrade, etc.

I was FC United, and they start off with an 11000 capacity all-seater (groundshare with Bury), no debt and a pretty generous Chairman. Or you could go down the more difficult route of a team with a terrible stadium that you'll need to upgrade, etc.

Did them last year, Methyr is my choice will do the screenie in the morning.

Archived