Whoopy's World Cup 2010: Lets OOTP

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could do with a bit of help/advice, is there any reason Filefront wouldn't allow me to upload the save game there?

I've uploaded save's there in the past so I'm pretty sure I'm doing it right and it seems to be working fine on Megaupload so just wondering if it's a problem with the site or something?

Save Game File Available

Ok then for those of you who are still up, we have the save game file available for download from MEGAUPLOAD. The game is stopped on 30th May with all the managers added (for people who only put one name you are in the game as two names e.g. da fuge and then given your desired name as a nickname.)

Once you have downloaded the game and fired it up I need from you:

• A 23 man squad of players available for selection by your country

Then when I have those I can continue the game and we can get underway and people can start sending me tactics/instructions etc.

In regards to sending me the squads I don't see any reason why they can't all be done via PM'ing them to me but if anybody has a real issue with that and wants to email theirs then let me know in the thread. Please make sure when sending me your squad you organize it similarly to this:

GK - Goalkeeper 1, Goalkeeper 2

Def - Defender X, Defender Y

Mid - Midfielder 71

ST- Striker A etc

A few other things that could be useful to remember is that if you decide to select a player not currently in the "National Pool" for your country of choice, please put "np" or something in brackets next to his name to let me know. And if there are 2 players of the same name who play the same position, make sure to let me know which one it is you want. Also if there are any players (I honestly don't know if there are) that are available for 2 or more of the competing nations then it will be done on a first come first serve basis, unless of course the player refuses a call up from one country, in which case I see no reason for him not to be allowed to play for the other.

I think that should cover everything, all I have left to say is the deadline for squad selections is 9pm, Saturday 27th June (we'll work to UK time as I know most people are based there) If anyone is unable to meet that deadline for any reason let me know, if you miss the deadline without having forewarned me your place in the sign-up will be lost.

Obviously the earlier everyone gets their squads in the better and the quicker we can get going so don't hang about :thup:

I've got only 33 players to choose? Is that correct Whoopy? (Paraguay)

I make it 36 players, didn't honestly think there'd be a problem with Paraguayan players but you can make do with 36? Please say you can.

Just done the squads for: Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Iran and Greece. Not sure which was the hardest to keep track of the names for :D

Egyptian squad submitted. Toying with the idea of just going gung ho with Abou Trik, Zidan, Zaki and Mido as a front 4.

Kenco your puny Russians stand no chance

I'm more worried about Honduras than Egypt.

I make it 36 players, didn't honestly think there'd be a problem with Paraguayan players but you can make do with 36? Please say you can.

Just done the squads for: Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Iran and Greece. Not sure which was the hardest to keep track of the names for :D

Even with that amount of player Paraguay can reach te last 16 or the quarter Finals, so I don't care:rolleyes:

So the Group Stages shape up like this:

Group C

Holland
Ivory Coast
Japan
Serbia

Went from Switzerland to Ivory Coast, I would say that's a step up. :thup:

Group looks reasonable as well, Holland favourites obviously, but I would say that Ivory Coast and Serbia could be fighting it out for 2nd place.

Downloaded the save game and surveying my squad now. :)

Quick question:

When we submit our squad, does the order that we submit them (i.e. Goalkeeper 1, Goalkeeper 2, Goalkeeper 3) determine the order in which they will be played? i.e. Would Goalkeeper 1 play if fit, Goalkeeper 2 if not and Goalkeeper 3 only if both others injured? Or will we be picking the actual team to play before each match?

And we can upload our own tactic for you to use can't we?

Cheers, KUTGW Whoopy D - looking superb so far.

Quick question:

When we submit our squad, does the order that we submit them (i.e. Goalkeeper 1, Goalkeeper 2, Goalkeeper 3) determine the order in which they will be played? i.e. Would Goalkeeper 1 play if fit, Goalkeeper 2 if not and Goalkeeper 3 only if both others injured? Or will we be picking the actual team to play before each match?

And we can upload our own tactic for you to use can't we?

Cheers, KUTGW Whoopy D - looking superb so far.

You pick the team before games, and the tactic too :thup:

Uruguay squad chosen.

Cristian Rodriguez - left winger. OMG - what a player! He is going to destroy the gifts from the Greeks, steam up the Swedish saunas and leave the Senegalese witchdoctors under a spell.

Uruguay have some good players there, I was surprised. Maybe we might be able to sneak a QF place and then ... who knows?

Have sneaked a peek at the potential players in the other three squads and I can't see as much quality in them. Although the Swedes have the best player in Ibrahimovic ... apart from Rodriguez of course.

Come on you Blues!

Archived