Why so hard to get rid of unwanted players - MUST READ THREAD

I gained promotion to the Premier league.

Offered 7 players who I know would not be part of my plans, a few week into pre season, not a single bit of interest. "the following players failed to attract interest"

Offered for a tenth of their valuation ... Still nothing. These are players who would be absolutely brilliant in the champiosnhip still, so why would they not be massively in demand ?

The below were some examples of the range of players offered:

Player A: Played EVERY single match in the championship for me. 24 years old. £6,000 per week. Price £3.7 million. Offered for £100,000 .... not a single bit. 3 star player. totally unheard of in real life

Player B: Went out on loan into league one, played 44 matches, aged 23, only paid £5,000 per week. Price £1mill, offered for FREE .... not a single taker.

Player C: On loan in the Scottish permier all season, playing 30 times. £900,000 value, offering for £100,000. £3,000 per week wages..... not a single taker

Player D: 4 star, good player for the premier league. Can't get a work permit. Was on loan all last season at a foreign affiliate where he played every game. His current and potential are really high. Again, not a single taker when offered. Some foregin team would take him without a seconds thought due his performances on loan and his ability and potential. only 24 years old

The transfer system on this version for me is so unrealistic it's becoming pathetic. I'm all for Financial fair play. But a free signing, £5,000 per week.... pull the other one with the excuses

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was championship .... try Premier League ...

Completely different circumstance ...

There is absolute no reason unlike last time why these players cannot be sold ....

They were regular performers, good age, little wage ...

So you are telling me players like this WOULD NOT interest anyone on loan for free...

Stop toeing the company line ... it's a bug and a fault

i am finding it difficult as well. even loaning players out at 100% wages and receiving no interest for a player who would be the best on the squad.

also, it would be nice if you could tell a player he MUST go on loan. more than half the time when i do find a taker, my player just says no. there should be an option to talk to him about leaving, even if it will upset the player

There needs to be much better feedback from the game about the reasons why a player generates no interest. Why should anyone have to upload saves to get that insight from a developer if the game could just as easily relay that information, instead of the laconic 'no clubs consider the the player a viable purchase' line.

Because almost all the time it's because the database is too large for the number of leagues loaded so there's an overabundance of players which leads to no one really being able to sell well. The game isn't going to send you an e-mail telling you this because it's not part of the game.

Because almost all the time it's because the database is too large for the number of leagues loaded so there's an overabundance of players which leads to no one really being able to sell well. The game isn't going to send you an e-mail telling you this because it's not part of the game.

The game isn't advising the player about the potential problems with the setup either. How should the player know that choosing a large database screws up the gameworld? These are inner mechanics of the game that the general user will have no knowledge about. And relaying the reasons why a player can't be sold should absolutely be a part of the game in any case.

The game isn't advising the player about the potential problems with the setup either. How should the player know that choosing a large database screws up the gameworld? These are inner mechanics of the game that the general user will have no knowledge about. And relaying the reasons why a player can't be sold should absolutely be a part of the game in any case.

I don't recall any cases of a manager in real life getting a mystical divine e-mail telling him that there are too many players compared to teams in the world. This is a simulation, the whole point is to replicate as closely as possible the real life role of a manager. Real managers don't have every single piece of information they need handed to them, they need to think things through and work out issues.

I don't recall any cases of a manager in real life getting a mystical divine e-mail telling him that there are too many players compared to teams in the world. This is a simulation, the whole point is to replicate as closely as possible the real life role of a manager. Real managers don't have every single piece of information they need handed to them, they need to think things through and work out issues.

Real managers also don't have the issue of inactive clubs not being able to buy players. It's the game that creates that issue for the user so it would be nice of it to advise him on how to avoid it. Instead of a divine email it could just as well display a warning that a db setup is going to unbalance the game before the game is even started. And once it has then a message saying 'there are no clubs with a vacancy in their squad' is vastly more informative than the one we get right now which bluntly states that there's no interest.

There isn't any interest, and that is the issue. If no club that should want the player wants them, it's pretty clear it's because they don't have any need for them they're happy with the squad they have.

No, it is far from clear. The player will see someone who he expects to be able to sell yet there's no-one in the game world showing interest and the game is giving zero indication as to why. Which leads to people complaining about the game being broken because from their point of view it is.

Anyway it's clear to me that you're unwilling to take any points on board and are only interested in an argument so I'll stop it right here.

There should certainly be recommended database sizes during the setup of a save. A small, medium, and large database should have a recommended minimum or maximum(?) amount of active leagues.

Since I started playing (last year) I used large database because I just figured bigger would be better and my computer could handle it, my early saves were few leagues so it was frustrating to try and move players. I didn't know any better and just waited out contracts and released players ever year. Now I understand the database issue, but I still am uncertain if the amount of leagues (33, less than half 1st divisions) I run are appropriately matched with a large database. I still find myself releasing a lot of players, mostly youths without the potential to make it as a backup for me but who would be good enough to start in a lower tier league, I'm unsure if that's the norm but it seems reasonable.

I like the feedback we get regarding price, wages and player interest. I guess I'd also like to add to it maybe a PA/CA check- Roma doesn't believe the player is a good prospect, Bradford City don't think the player can add to their current squad, that sort of thing. Given in cases when something could change their minds. Not every club will be interested in every player, no matter what the terms.

As before without seeing your save I/we cannot offer a definitive comment however when you have uploaded saves in the past there has been nothing untoward that would suggest any bugged behaviour, you've had success in selling players & when you have not been able to move a player on there were logical reasons why there had been a lack of interest.

Read my post, like I mentioned, I understood those and applied all you stated to this.

BUT, not a single valid reason stands in the way of players not attracting interest.

It should not be hard to move on a player right age, very low wage demands, played EVERY single game in the championshipm for FREE, yes free, on loan, or transfer.

Promotion seems to make a stupid "no go zone" for teams wanting to take your players

The promotion should make them more available in real life as they are now surplus to requirements

Plus, just because a player doesn't succeed at your club and doesn't play many games, does not make him uninteresting.

I'd say the opposite. He would be more interesting as would be available at a knock down fee.

Song at Barca to West Ham, Rodwell at Sunderland to City, Darren Bent at Brigton etc etc

The game needs a tweak on the ability to move players on like happens in real life

I totally get an old, high wage player having no interest, that I would not complain about. But these are very desirable players, not attracting interest for FREE

Come on man, you've got to do better than that. They are excuses and you know it.

Bent, high wages.... I've said all along, wages are not an issue here. I am COMPLETELY subsidising wages for loan, and they are not even paid more than £5,000

PLUS, if they wanted to remove players, they could have quite easily for FREE, The released players were contract expirations. Take a look.

I am not saying clubs should be banging down my door for 37 year olds on 25,000 pound per week. But someone who has played every game, succesfully for me in the championship, offered for free transfer AND free loan, no interest. Someone who played every available game in the Scottish premier league, no interest at all for loan or transfer for FREE. Someone who scored 16 goals in 41 games in league one, no interest in loan FOR FREE... come off.... every league one club in the country would be making offers. He's transfer listed, been told he has no future, in the under 21's, so knows he won't be staying

Plus, just because a player doesn't succeed at your club and doesn't play many games, does not make him uninteresting.

I'd say the opposite. He would be more interesting as would be available at a knock down fee.

Song at Barca to West Ham, Rodwell at Sunderland to City, Darren Bent at Brigton etc etc

The game needs a tweak on the ability to move players on like happens in real life

I totally get an old, high wage player having no interest, that I would not complain about. But these are very desirable players, not attracting interest for FREE

I am pretty sure if you release those player on free. Most likely the club will snap him and maybe the club with good reputation. (maybe more than 1 club try to sign him right away)

But the problem is if we release on free we must pay the compensation. And we prefer that we deal with the club with 0 transfer fee (better option as we do not need to pay the compensation)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm uploading the save game. I don't believe this transfer system is not bugged / wrong. This completely defies realism ...

The save is called "swfc zero no interest"

7 players offered ON LOAN FOR FREE... and then on TRANSFER FOR FREE

Not a single bit of interest.

I can maybe explain one, the guy with no work permit, but his ability and potential is still 'a good premier league player'

Teams in the championship and league one and even two would be snapping my hands off for a player on loan for free..

You have missed my ENTIRE point ...

Why would not a SINGLE club want to take them on LOAN, FOR FREE... In real life, 90% of Championship sides would take Ameobi, McCabe, Shala, Will Keane and Hubert on loan if it did not cost a single penny.

PLUS... why would a guy who's been in the reserves 7 months, listed 7 months, not want to leave below the Premier.... that's rubbish.

As for Lees, I later offered him for Free.... again there was no interest. This is a guy who has not missed a game at any level I have played .... Plus, turning in solid displays in the Prem

I hope the due update helps, as the transfer system has gone way too rigid and hence totally unrealistic, when the aim of the changes this year was for quite the opposite

*The work permit guy was a mistake, didn't read properly... hence lumbered with him... but surely some non EU team would take him for free due to his ability and potential ability

Actually, he didn't miss anything at all. Each player was actually 100% explained in how the game sees them and why nothing happened.

@Alex, I think the real problem is the lack of a normal user being able to see the information you get. Instead of us hating the player who refuses to go on loan/transfer outside of the current division, we only see no interest. In the case of the clubs being interested but unable to afford the player (no remaining transfer budget), we can typically see that in the no interest news item. Perhaps on the screen when we offer the player out there could be a line from the agent indicating he is only interested in joining premiership clubs?

I can understand not wanting to have us accept hundreds of bids from "interested" (The ones HuddersfieldOwl is saying would want him) AI clubs and then get a whole bunch more messages about him rejecting all of them, but a single message indication it is the players decision would be nice.

@Alex, I think the real problem is the lack of a normal user being able to see the information you get. Instead of us hating the player who refuses to go on loan/transfer outside of the current division, we only see no interest. In the case of the clubs being interested but unable to afford the player (no remaining transfer budget), we can typically see that in the no interest news item. Perhaps on the screen when we offer the player out there could be a line from the agent indicating he is only interested in joining premiership clubs?

I can understand not wanting to have us accept hundreds of bids from "interested" (The ones HuddersfieldOwl is saying would want him) AI clubs and then get a whole bunch more messages about him rejecting all of them, but a single message indication it is the players decision would be nice.

That's actually a nice suggestion. Some feedback from the player or the agent on their willingness might help with some of the frustrations that we find just from not understanding what's happening fully.

I've generally thought that a player good enough at the top end of the Championship is generally pretty decent at the bottom end of the Prem, so I don't understand why the OP is trying to offload a load of "really good Championship players who have played a lot of football". Sounds like a pretty good squad to take into the Prem.

That's funny.

The more leagues and teams I have active and semi-active, the easier it gets for me to sell players actually. So there's that.

For example, if I have Qatar generating players on its top teams, I will get big offers from them as well, considerable ones for most top leagues actually.

Except goalkeepers. It's the exact opposite for them.

You bang on about realism but it's evident you're simply exploiting the game by signing players for free and selling them soon after for big profits. Or does the realism card only matter when the game's not going your way?

What ? Are you intellectually challenged, or are you just brown nosing ?

Read my above points. These are players who are surplus to requirements, a lot started at the club, a lot helped me move up the league and now I am trying to replace them. It's not an entire squad, it's 5 members who I have no place for.

PLUS.... the reason why I question your intellect and sorry if I offend... I AM OFFERING THEM FOR ABSOLUTE FREE ...YES FREE ..... How is that making big profits, or exploiting anything... I am doing my own clubs finances a dis-service if anything.

They are players who have done above average in the championship, some had a loan the season before, a successful one... now I try get rid... anyhow... loan or transfer.... for FREE

And Alex, please don't patronise me and try state that a computer generated algoritihim is wiser than real football management and indeed common sense. You are telling me all the championship sides... yes ALL the championship sides, would not be interested in a player who has played well in the championship before, and is now being offered to them for not a single penny ?

Even to have as a squad member, for absolute zero fee or wage (On loan), clubs would bend over backwards for that deal... so don't tell me that no clubs want the player in that position .... because that is disrespectful to the user and the customer... Plus, the players in question have been listed for a year ... so they know there is no hope at this club, so that rules out the "not willing to drop a division... they have never played, nor made in the Premier League for that to be true.

There are a lot of people having issues regarding selling players... A friend of mine starting with Newcastle just recently and commented the other day how he gave up as he could not get rid of any players he didn't want, not even for free .... just a lot don't come on the forums ...

I've never had difficulties like this before. It's just making an absolute mockery of any realism that is being trying to be integrated

What ? Are you intellectually challenged, or are you just brown nosing ?

Interesting comment from someone who seems to have a problem reading posts :rolleyes:

Alex gave you a very detailed breakdown on why you couldn't sell those players, why didn't you read it? or do you simply not understand his explanation?

And Alex, please don't patronise me and try state that a computer generated algoritihim is wiser than real football management and indeed common sense. You are telling me all the championship sides... yes ALL the championship sides, would not be interested in a player who has played well in the championship before, and is now being offered to them for not a single penny ?

No, he clearly stated that the players were not interested in moving to a lower division club!

There are a lot of people having issues regarding selling players... A friend of mine starting with Newcastle just recently and commented the other day how he gave up as he could not get rid of any players he didn't want, not even for free .... just a lot don't come on the forums ...

and most of the time the situation is made worse by the user.....

No, he clearly stated that the players were not interested in moving to a lower division club!

What, players who've yet to make a single appearance in the Premier league, players who've yet to make a single appearance in the Premier League for ANY club... Yeh, they are clearly Premier league established players who deserve to be in the Premier league aren't they.

Players who have been in the reserves and transfer listed, and loan listed for a full year and a bit....

Yes, I can see now why they are such wonderfully appreciated and established Premier league players ... silly me ...

And on the matter of Alex's explanation ... Not a single one of these players was deemed to be better than what teams already had in these positions .... jeez.... I may as well end my career now as EVERY side in the system is bloody phenomenal ....

and teams NEVER swap players around do they to accomadate new signings to improve the squad ... They just say... we have our quota.... if someone becomes available who is better, we aren't interested as we have x number of players ... give me a break.

So sorry for actually putting some realism into this conversation ...

What, players who've yet to make a single appearance in the Premier league, players who've yet to make a single appearance in the Premier League for ANY club... Yeh, they are clearly Premier league established players who deserve to be in the Premier league aren't they.

Players who have been in the reserves and transfer listed, and loan listed for a full year and a bit....

Yes, I can see now why they are such wonderfully appreciated and established Premier league players ... silly me ...

And on the matter of Alex's explanation ... Not a single one of these players was deemed to be better than what teams already had in these positions .... jeez.... I may as well end my career now as EVERY side in the system is bloody phenomenal ....

and teams NEVER swap players around do they to accomadate new signings to improve the squad ... They just say... we have our quota.... if someone becomes available who is better, we aren't interested as we have x number of players ... give me a break.

It's not to do with what they deserve. They probably realise that if they stick around they'll have some chance to play in the League with you, especially if keeping their wages on your books and not getting a transfer fee means you aren't able to sign replacements! It's certainly worth a shot when nobody else in the league will sign them. What squad status do they have?

You've been given what is probably the most detailed explanation from someone who has actually looked at your game I have ever seen yet still so angry?

Why don't you just terminate their contracts? It's no different to paying 100% of their loan wages. If the Board don't like that then just stick them in the U-21s and forget about them until their contracts wind down.

I'm struggling to see why it's such a problem.

That sounds like an issue that they should be able to balance out by this point.

Surely it's not a good idea not to sign players who are not granted a work permit, unless you have a work permit affiliate club that is.

Just taken a quick look at the save, went to your transfer history section first.

2014/15 - Spent: £725,000 Sold: £2.9m

2015/16 - Spent: £1.9m Sold: £17.5m

2016/17 (Jan'17) - Spent: £6.75m Sold: £13.12m

So far getting buyers for your players does not appear to be a problem, I'll take a closer look at individual players at your club & update later.

The Players

I have just looked at players you have transfer or loan listed.

Tom Lees;

He is only willing to play in the Premier League, every other club below that level gets a very clear not interested from him & his agent.

Clubs who are interest or are looking to fill a position that Lees can fill are Burnley (£150k left in budget), Swansea (£78k left) & Derby (925k left)

Srdjan Mijailovic;

This is the lad with no work permit so UK clubs are out, with only having England active there are very few active clubs where a player of his ability will be useful, those who are looking want a better quality player.

Rhys McCabe;

He is only willing to play in the Premier League, Burnley & Swansea would be interested in a transfer if they had the budget but they do not, the other clubs who have a positional need are Liverpool & Everton but he's not good enough to go to either of those clubs

Herolind Shala;

Again he has no interest in dropping down from the Premier League & again the only clubs who need a player like him are Burnley & Swansea, Man City & Everton would also be interested if he was good enough to be in their first team.

Will Keane & Sammy Ameobi;

QPR, Newcastle, West Ham & Sunderland are all looking for a striker but all have identified players who are 15-30 CA points better than both players, Man City & Chelsea are also looking for a first team striker but clearly neither are good enough for them.

Guillaume Hubert;

A poor player by Premier League standards but a useful #3 keeper, he also has no interest in dropping down division while contracted to a Premier league side (he still believes he'll make it) or being a backup elsewhere, QPR would be interested if they had not already found targets who are much better & willing to accept backup squad status.

To be perfectly honest you are doing better than average in terms of bringing in players & getting them moved on when not needed, it does look like your expectations are far too high & as I've mention before it also appears that you're bringing in too many free transfers with the idea of loaning them before selling them for a profit, this is a strategy that you might want to reconsider or at least when doing it bring the players in at a much younger age to give them time to develop.

With all this said there are some further improvements in the pipeline that will help in moving some of these players on when the next update is released.

Well, it could be considered a bit unreal that ALL of them don't even want to consider going back to the championship as soon as they are promoted. You'd expect some players to at least be realistic about it, while others would be cocky and think they belong there.

That's something I'd consider unrealistic in the examples given.

Well, it could be considered a bit unreal that ALL of them don't even want to consider going back to the championship as soon as they are promoted. You'd expect some players to at least be realistic about it, while others would be cocky and think they belong there.

This is actually a good point. If they're not going to be first choice in a side battling for survival, surely they'd consider it. More over, even if they were first choice, relegation battlers shouldn't rule out a return to a lower division, the main concern should be their wage, not if they'd actually go there if offered out.

I think there's a lot of bugs with promotion though, particularly to the Premier League. I remember in FM14 watching Derby yoyo between divisions, and the bump in attendances for being promoted was far smaller than the lost supporters on relegation, which led to them having an average attendance around 16,000 (down from the then current 25,000) about 10 years into the game. Clubs tend to not get enough in terms of a transfer budget upon promotion either, boards seem far too conservative, and act mostly on "what's in the bank", not "what's coming in".

I think the projections for earnings in the game might be part of the problem, in my current game the projections are just a mess. With a game to go, we're going to finish either 2nd or 3rd and qualify for the Champions League, there is going to be £30+ million in prize money, as well as Champions League money next season, yet the club's projection saw us actually losing money between then and the end of the season. I think the projection was -£5 million after the end of the season, and the reality was something like £32 million. A month out, the projections shouldn't be that far off. It might explain part of why boards are so conservative upon promotion, they genuinely don't know the amount of money that will be coming in over the season, and don't correctly calculate the risk to reward of spending to stay up.

Please read Alex's explanation. You're looking at it from the other clubs' point of view when you're repeatedly being told it's the players who aren't interested in dropping divisions. Burnley and Swansea seem to want 2 of your players, but they don't have the money.

He has sold players so we have probably already passed this point.

The players who were prepared to drop down the divisions have already moved on and he is left with those that don't want to at that moment in time.

This is obviously the Winston Bogarde situation! He sat in Chelsea's reserve's, surplus to requirements for a few seasons because a) He didn't want to play a lower standard of football b) He was quite happy doing very little for 80 grand a week & c) No other club would match his 80 grand a week

I'd just like to thank Alex for a great explanation. It doesn't happen often and his explanations made sense, answered all the points and clarified things. Great work.

And if I was a player, recently promoted to the Prem, I wouldn't want to drop back down to the Championship either. Especially if I thought I'd get some Prem games. The reason I'd think I might get some games is due to my wage, squad status and the fact that my agent will tell championship sides that I'm not interested so it'll be hard for you to sell me so you may as well play me. Once I play a few games, you'll either want to keep me or I'll attract another Prem side.

It's why teams like Burnley and Leicester pretty much keep the same squad. Very few first teamers leave on loan. Very few players get sold. It's realistic. You can release them but chances are you've given them a long contract. It's called football management. You should have managed it so that the players you had doubts over had expiring contracts.

This is obviously the Winston Bogarde situation! He sat in Chelsea's reserve's, surplus to requirements for a few seasons because a) He didn't want to play a lower standard of football b) He was quite happy doing very little for 80 grand a week & c) No other club would match his 80 grand a week

"Why should I throw fifteen million Euro away when it is already mine? At the moment I signed it was in fact my money, my contract."

-Winston Bogarde

That's something that really doesn't appear much in football manager, mostly because of the complaints it would get.

This is the thing, I had to explain to someone new to the series recently that you don't just sign every free transfer you see to a 5 year deal in the hopes of selling them on in the future. It seems to be the idea that you bring in players with the idea of selling them, not building a squad and selling when people actually want the players. In reality, most players who leave clubs tend to be sold when their stocks are high, and otherwise just end up rotting at a club or being paid off. Players who aren't playing aren't likely to generate interest, particularly if they're on high wages.

In my current save I had a striker who when I signed him, I think would go on to be something quite special for the club, got him in on a 4 and a half year deal, and hoped to get the best out of him. Ultimately though, he was ineffectual, didn't fit the club, and then got a serious injury. He ended up at best a cameo players, but had a long, comparatively expensive contract. I've since managed to move him on (had him on the transfer list for a while), but I needed to pay about half his contract for his remaining 2 years to do so. It was quite refreshing really. Annoying, but refreshing.

It all reminds me of watching any number of clubs imploding, or players careers collapsing though. Mediocre players on big wages end up going nowhere as they have no reason to move on while the money is coming in, and no one is going to match it. Clubs that have signed players up on big contracts before going up tend to be stuck with them in the top tier.

I'd just like to thank Alex for a great explanation. It doesn't happen often and his explanations made sense, answered all the points and clarified things. Great work.

And if I was a player, recently promoted to the Prem, I wouldn't want to drop back down to the Championship either. Especially if I thought I'd get some Prem games. The reason I'd think I might get some games is due to my wage, squad status and the fact that my agent will tell championship sides that I'm not interested so it'll be hard for you to sell me so you may as well play me. Once I play a few games, you'll either want to keep me or I'll attract another Prem side.

It's why teams like Burnley and Leicester pretty much keep the same squad. Very few first teamers leave on loan. Very few players get sold. It's realistic. You can release them but chances are you've given them a long contract. It's called football management. You should have managed it so that the players you had doubts over had expiring contracts.

Completely agree, great explanation Alex.

Keep up the good work.

Please read Alex's explanation. You're looking at it from the other clubs' point of view when you're repeatedly being told it's the players who aren't interested in dropping divisions. Burnley and Swansea seem to want 2 of your players, but they don't have the money.

Did you actually read the post you replied too ? Or just jump straight to the defence of Alex, totally blind ?

That entire post you quoted was about the PLAYERS ... as you underlined.

They have all been set NOT NEEDED a full season and a bit... have all been in the RESERVES and full season and a bit... have all been set LOAN LISTED for a full season and a bit and have all been set TRANSFER LSITED for a full season and a bit

YOu are trying to tell me that all 6 players in this situation are happy to remain and won't drop down a division to play regular football .... it is so, so apparant they are not going to part of any squad

If you believe that none of these players in real life COULD BE SOLD FOR FREE... or COULD BE LOANED OUT AT NO SINGLE COST... and not one would be interested, or not one club would make an offer, then SI and the game have some major, fundemental flaws in making a FOOTBALL MANAGER game

PS: Someone said about terminating contracts ... I would absolute love too .... if only EVERY player didn't completely refuse mutual termination ..... and my board would not allow normal termination .... yeh great idea ...... something which can only be used for youth players on 500 quid a week

I don't blindly defend anything. 6 of the 7 players are PL standard. 1 has a work permit problem. That leaves 5.

3 of the 5 don't want to drop divisions. Sorry, THREE don't want to drop. These THREE have INTEREST, but the teams don't have the BUDGET (money ;)). Not sure about the loan situation.

You're not reading. There are clubs INTERESTED in all of them. They do NOT have MONEY. They're not going to make an offer if the player's not interested. They're not going to make an offer if they don't have money. They're not going to make an offer if they have better targets.

Alex is clear (and thanks, btw, Alex): To be perfectly honest you are doing better than average in terms of bringing in players & getting them moved on when not needed, it does look like your expectations are far too high & as I've mention before it also appears that you're bringing in too many free transfers with the idea of loaning them before selling them for a profit, this is a strategy that you might want to reconsider or at least when doing it bring the players in at a much younger age to give them time to develop.

Comprende?

They have all been set NOT NEEDED a full season and a bit... have all been in the RESERVES and full season and a bit... have all been set LOAN LISTED for a full season and a bit and have all been set TRANSFER LSITED for a full season and a bit

You implied in your OP that you had just been promoted to the Prem and listed them as a result of your promotion. Giving people half a story doesn't help anyone unless you are now just twisting your story to suit.

YOu are trying to tell me that all 6 players in this situation are happy to remain and won't drop down a division to play regular football .... it is so, so apparant they are not going to part of any squad

Some players are happy to pick up their wages dependant on their personality and other factors (IRL family, schools, children & jobs all affect the decision). I suspect this is the area that SI will tweak a little though so players are more likely to seek a move.

If you believe that none of these players in real life COULD BE SOLD FOR FREE... or COULD BE LOANED OUT AT NO SINGLE COST... and not one would be interested, or not one club would make an offer, then SI and the game have some major, fundemental flaws in making a FOOTBALL MANAGER game

Again its not about the value, its about the players not wanting to move. Lower divisions clubs won't make an offer because they know they have zero chance of signing the player.

The fundemental flaw is not with SI but with you and your way of thinking!

Did you actually read the post you replied too ? Or just jump straight to the defence of Alex, totally blind ?

That entire post you quoted was about the PLAYERS ... as you underlined.

PS: Someone said about terminating contracts ... I would absolute love too .... if only EVERY player didn't completely refuse mutual termination ..... and my board would not allow normal termination .... yeh great idea ...... something which can only be used for youth players on 500 quid a week

This is the part that sticks out most:

Why have you given them contracts that are long enough for this kind of problem to occur?

Set their asking prices to zero, transfer and loan list them, and just leave them too it. If they're still there in a season, you should probably take 2 years off your contract offers to players you aren't sure of.

I really am confused as to why people have mis-read my intentions here ....

Where have I EVER posted that I am trying to make a profit ? ?

How can offering for ABSOLUTE ZERO ... loan or transfer, be making a profit ? ABSOLUTE ZERO MEANS I MAKE NOTHING !!!!

I am baffled by peoples delusion, who jump at statements, for the sake of mollycoddling SI.

No-one has yet to answer my entire point to this whole thread .... and I will ask again, clearly .....

Why, would players NOT WANT TO DROP TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP, when they are not playing, haven't been playing, aren't going to be playing, have been asked to have contracts terinated, are sat in the reserves (for what on my career is now 14 month), have squad status to not wanted, are transfer listed and are loan listed....

These players would have been kicking my door down for a move... not the other way round .....

SECONDLY ... THE FINANCE PART...

People are using the excuse, which is all it is, that people won't move clubs, because they don't have a budget .... If your budget is £100,000 for example.... the player MOVES TO YOUR CLUB FOR ABSOLUTE ZERO WAGE CONTRIBUTION ON LOAN ... then your budget is again £100,000 .... it would not cost any club a single penny to take these players on loan ...

These are players who have very good ratings in the championship ... so 90% of clubs would take them WHEN THEY ARE COMPLETELY FREE... NO IMPACT ON BUDGETS.....

The players would also move... they are clearly, absolute no doubt... not in any plans what so ever....

Jack Hunt - Hudds - Rotherham .... exact situation as I post about

Stuart O'Keefe Palace - Cardiff .... exact situation as I post about

Jos Hooiveld - S'oton - Millwall .... exact situation as I post about

Will Keane - Man U - SWFC .... exact situation as I post about

Danny Graham - Sunderland - Wolves .... exact situation as I post about

Darren Bent - Villa - Brighton .... exact situation as I post about

I could go on ... It happens... no longer are players happy to "sit it out" ... you get 1 or 2 exceptions to the norm .. sitting picking up a wage is not the norm.... the urge to play football overrides any other emotion ...

I really am confused as to why people have mis-read my intentions here ....

Where have I EVER posted that I am trying to make a profit ? ?

How can offering for ABSOLUTE ZERO ... loan or transfer, be making a profit ? ABSOLUTE ZERO MEANS I MAKE NOTHING !!!!

I am baffled by peoples delusion, who jump at statements, for the sake of mollycoddling SI.

No-one has yet to answer my entire point to this whole thread .... and I will ask again, clearly .....

Why, would players NOT WANT TO DROP TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP, when they are not playing, haven't been playing, aren't going to be playing, have been asked to have contracts terinated, are sat in the reserves (for what on my career is now 14 month), have squad status to not wanted, are transfer listed and are loan listed....

These players would have been kicking my door down for a move... not the other way round .....

SECONDLY ... THE FINANCE PART...

People are using the excuse, which is all it is, that people won't move clubs, because they don't have a budget .... If your budget is £100,000 for example.... the player MOVES TO YOUR CLUB FOR ABSOLUTE ZERO WAGE CONTRIBUTION ON LOAN ... then your budget is again £100,000 .... it would not cost any club a single penny to take these players on loan ...

These are players who have very good ratings in the championship ... so 90% of clubs would take them WHEN THEY ARE COMPLETELY FREE... NO IMPACT ON BUDGETS.....

The players would also move... they are clearly, absolute no doubt... not in any plans what so ever....

Jack Hunt - Hudds - Rotherham .... exact situation as I post about

Stuart O'Keefe Palace - Cardiff .... exact situation as I post about

Jos Hooiveld - S'oton - Millwall .... exact situation as I post about

Will Keane - Man U - SWFC .... exact situation as I post about

Danny Graham - Sunderland - Wolves .... exact situation as I post about

Darren Bent - Villa - Brighton .... exact situation as I post about

I could go on ... It happens... no longer are players happy to "sit it out" ... you get 1 or 2 exceptions to the norm .. sitting picking up a wage is not the norm.... the urge to play football overrides any other emotion ...

Nobody is suggesting that you're still trying to make a profit. They're suggesting that you've signed a lot of players and tried to make profit by selling them on, but in this case have been lumped with what you deem as deadwood (has no purpose to your team, can't move on for any price).

What appears to have happened here is that you've signed players who aren't good enough for your side on bigger contracts that they really deserve, in a way that they think they deserve football with your club, and there are no clubs that have the desire, the means and the players attention to sign them now, so even offering them out for nothing isn't going to help. There are players who aren't going to want to simply be loaned out to lower division clubs, it'll be seen as an insult. There are players who'll be happy to wait out their ridiculously long overpaid contract, just to get the full amount.

Clubs don't always like taking players on loan either, even on complete frees. They might mess with the chemistry, especially if they've already thrown the toys out of the pram. The players may well just not want to go out on loan. Clubs can also only take and play a certain number of players on loan.

You say they hadn't played in a year. Would they still have that reputation. Would you have taken them for free, not match fit, toys out of the pram?

Also, Darren Bent has gone to Derby, has an impressive scoring record at Premier League level, and was in no way free. But I get the point you're trying to make. Maybe clubs should be more keen on your free loanees, but again, there may be other issues there.

Archived