FM11 Goal of the Month Competition

Football Manager 2011 Goal of the Month Competition

Another release of FM and another crack at the Goal of the Month! I first conceived this idea when the 3D engine was introduced in FM09 and tried it again last year for FM10. Alas, both times interest quickly dropped, mainly due to the difficulties of screen capturing the goals and the low quality of some of the videos. However, those kind boys at SI have sorted it all out with the new features for easily exporting and uploading goal videos to YouTube.

Entering is simple. Choose a cracker your team has scored - it could be a long range screamer, a brilliant individual run, a tap-in and the end of a great team move or a cheeky backheel - export the video and then post the link here (or embed it if that's allowed). At the end of each month, a shortlist will be posted of the best of the month's entries with forum users voting for their favourite. The winner will then be enetered into a 'Goal of the Season' contest to be held before the release of FM12. :cool:

The only rule is that the goal must be scored by a team under your control. The goals can come from any match you take charge of, whether it be a pre-season friendly or the World Cup Final. When entering your goal, a little background info is requested but not compulsory. I suggest you let us know the following:

Player Name:

Match:

Brief goal description:

Link

You can start submitting goals for the November 2010 competition straightaway. A shortlist for voting on will be posted in early December. :)

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CSE Goal of the Month Winners

November 2010

qqq

Player Name: Patrice Evra

Match: Arsenal vs Man UTD

Brief goal description: Eboue takes the throw but Evra steals in with the greatest volley of all time, 67 yards...

[video=youtube;xpo4x_gw-E0]

--------------------------------------------------

December 2010

Takamura

Player Name: Chris Sedgwick

Match: MK Dons v Sheffield Wed (1st Div)

Description: A (so far) goal of the month from Sedgwick for Sheffield Wed.

And the lad doesn't even score that often.

[video=youtube;njY0_8q_L5Q]

-------------------------------------------------------------

January 2011

Loudleyther

Player Name: Danny Wallington

Match: Market Drayton Town Vs Leek Town

Brief goal description: Great cross, outstanding diving header.

[video=youtube;L6fQPKi1ePQ]

Player Name: Karsten Johansen

Match: Middelfart v Lindholm - Danish 2nd Division West Match

Brief goal description: Engels plays the ball to Johansen on the edge of the 18 yard box, who then back heels it to Fisker who plays it back to Johansen who fire into the back of the Lindholm net.

Player Name: Luigi Zilli

Match: Darfo Boario vs Mezzocorona - Serie C/A Match

Brief goal description: Trailing by a goal Birindelli grabs the ball on the right flank and fires it into Zilli in the centre of the park, he stands free in the middle and shots from 35 yards out with a wonder strike into the left of the net.

Player Name: Fabio Coentrao

Match: Man City vs West Ham

Brief goal description: Santa Cruz pulls the ball out to Contrao on the left hand side, in line with the edge of the area, and he whips in a cross, only for it to beat the goalkeeper and the waiting Tevez to go into the corner of the net.

Link

Off to a good start. :) I've added all the entries so far to a playlist to make it easier to keep track of. :thup:

ABout the number of entries, I think it's best to see how it goes this month before deciding anything. The first couple of months are bound to be the busiest!

Now I have to start my new game and get some of my own goals (not own goals obviously :p) uploaded.

Player Name: Christian Montano

Match: FC United vs. Worcester(Pre-Season Friendly)

Brief Goal Description: Fagan plays a quick pass to McDermott who threads a beautifully weighted pass to Montano to smash the ball into the top left corner from 30+ yards. Cracking goal.

Name: Alexis Nikolas

Match: Worcester vs Crawley (Blue Square Premier)

Brief Goal Description: The DMC scores his first ever goal for the club having joined at the start of the previous season. Its a curling striker from an indirect freekick, about 35 yards out! Truely amazing strike! It also won BSP Goal of the Month award for September :)

This is great! AT this rate, we'll have more goals entered this month than in all of last season's thread!

Its so easy to do though :D I dont know the official rules but if we can enter more than 1 I have another couple worth a punt :)

Player name: Daniel Majstorovic

Match: K Sint-Truidense VV v Celtic - pre season friendly

Brief goal description: Hinkel plays an incisive forward pass to Kayal who lays the ball off to Majstorovic. He hits a one touch shot which sends the ball crashing into the top corner of the net from range.

Its so easy to do though :D I dont know the official rules but if we can enter more than 1 I have another couple worth a punt :)
I've kept rules to a minimum for now - the only one is that it has to be scored by a team under your control. If the competition is way over-subscribed, we may consider a limit or having a Goal of the Week to determine the monthly shortlist. :)

I've kept rules to a minimum for now - the only one is that it has to be scored by a team under your control. If the competition is way over-subscribed, we may consider a limit or having a Goal of the Week to determine the monthly shortlist. :)

Ahh right good stuff! I can see this lasting in popularity to be honest :D

Player Name: Benoit Boulanger

Match: Altrincham vs WORCESTER (BSN)

Brief Goal Description: Boulanger scores his 4th goal of the game after picking up the ball inside his own half, dribbling excellently up the pitch with a stylish flick past the defender before slotting home his finish on the edge of the penalty area

I might as well put this forward as playing at my current level prohibits amazing goals:

Player Name: John Grant

Match: Larne Vs Newcastle FC

Brief goal description: Receives it deep, just outside the area. Turns and launches one into the top corner. Beautiful equaliser.

Link

Just got another goal worth submitting for this so here it is.

Player Name: Giorgios Samaras

Match: Celtic v Montrose

Brief goal description: The Montrose keeper comes rushing out and gets beaten to the ball by Macheda who clips a clever first time pass to Samaras. Sammy proceeds to skin a defender, run onto the ball and slot it into the net past the stranded keeper from 25 yards.

Player Name: Nilmar

Match: Chippenham v Reading

Brief goal description: A Reading attack is cleared by Chippenham to Nilmar who is standing near the edge of the centre circle in his own half, he then turns, sees the keeper off his line and hits a beauty of a shot to score from well over 50 yards!

Player Name: Vilhjalmur Baldursson

Match: Diyarbakirspor vs Denizlispor

Brief goal description: Baldursson scores a thunderous freekick from some distance out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR-w8GrhXd0

Player Name: Yaser Yildiz

Match: Orduspor vs Boluspor

Brief goal description: Yaser Yildiz receives a lob before hitting it on the volley into the top corner of the net.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m4XMT1Ai7s

Player Name: Wesley Sneijder

Match: Chievo Verona Vs Inter Milan

Brief goal description: Sneijder picks up the ball from podolski in his own half and hits what can only be described as a screamer from about 70 yards

Archived