FM11 Goal of the Month Competition

Player Name: Robin van Persie

Match: Schalke vs Arsenal

Brief goal description: van Persie chases down the ball and then tackles Metzelder twice (injuring him in the process) before firing past the Schalke goalkeeper

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Player Name: Robin van Persie

Match: Schalke vs Arsenal

Brief goal description: van Persie chases down the ball and then tackles Metzelder twice (injuring him in the process) before firing past the Schalke goalkeeper

hahahaha wtf

I forgot about the vote last time tbh, not a frequent visitor to CSE so it slipped my mind, but will hopefully be submitting a goal each month, or are we allowed more than one?

Player - Alex Sandro

Match - Ponte Preta vs Santos

Description - Freekick played out wide to the full-back who's cross/shot dips into the far top corner.

Any idea's how to improve my quality? Also, how many goals per month can I submit?

Player Name: Dimitri Obenans

Match: LOSC Lille Metropole vs Amiens FC Football

Brief goal description: Traore attacks a through ball, which is saved by the 'keeper and booted away by the Lille defender, falling at the feet of Obenans. He runs a few yards, looks up, spots the keeper of his line and curls it from a massive angle into the roof of the far corner for his first ever goal, on the way to a 2-1 victory over Ligue 1 giants Lille.

Player: Javier Pastore

Match: Liverpool v Middlesboro (Premier League)

Description: Javier Pastore scored this goal for my Liverpool team of 2019, against Boro, from well inside his own half

As you can imagine, I was off my seat celebrating.

Player: Javier Pastore

Match: Liverpool v Middlesboro (Premier League)

Description: Javier Pastore scored this goal for my Liverpool team of 2019, against Boro, from well inside his own half

As you can imagine, I was off my seat celebrating.

Haha amazing.

DD: May I suggest a longer voting period for goal of the month next time? It would have changed the result this time, and it will allow more people to have their say. Perhaps put up to vote on the 7th, and voting until midnight on the 12th?
Yeah, I'll make it longer next time. Just been swamped with assignments this month and wanted to get it done while I knew I had time for it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Player Name: Diego Buonanotte

Match: Burnley vs Tottenham (English League Cup Final)

Brief Goal Description: In the 6th minute of extra time, the ball is passed into Buonanotte's feet 20 yards from goal and Buonanotte chips home a beautiful winner over Gomes's head.

Player Name: Cristian Portilla

Match: Walsall v Brighton

Brief Goal Description: 26 minutes gone, Portilla livens the match with a 30 yard curler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibiCKWaNq1U

Match: Walsall v Brighton

Brief Goal Description: Before half time, Portilla doubles his account in the match, an equally fantastic goal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoDHSjdJm4g

Match: Walsall v Leeds

Brief Goal Description: Another peach by the Spaniard, this time against Leeds in the FA Cup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxRicVp8Fa8

Another one from me :)

Player Name: Anthony Lozano

Match: Club Africain v. Stade Tunisien (CAF Champions League Semi Final, Leg 1)

Brief Goal Description: With a 0-0 scoreline on the cards, Lozano runs wide to the left with the ball before smashing in a shot from a tight angle for the win

Submitting 2 if that's okay.

Player Name : Samir Nasri

Match: Arsenal vs Sunderland (Premier League Game)

Brief Goal Description : Long ball from Ramsey finds Wilshere in the penalty box, who takes a few touches drawing the keeper to him before backheeling to Nasri who slots into an empty goal.

Player Name : Cesc Fabregas

Match : Arsenal vs Aston Villa (Premier League Game)

Brief Goal Description : Robin van Persie brings the ball through the Aston Villa defence. As the keeper rushes out, he taps the ball back to Cesc Fabregas who chips from well outside the area into goal.

Hi all,

It seems a couple of the regular jury members who help me make the shortlist for voting are off the forums at the moment so if there are any volunteers who would like to take their place for this month, please DM me. :)

Player Name: Andrey Ospeshinskiy

Match: Torpedo Moscow vs SOYUZ Gazprom

Brief goal description: Andrey Ospeshinskiy receives the ball well inside his own half and runs forward through acres of space, he turns left, zig zags back to the right, then carries on forward before shooting from outside the box and right past the keeper into the back of the net.

Link:

*I may have to get a better version of this goal as 11s is not enough, it only shows him running from halfway doesn't really do it justice...*

Player Name: Robin Van Persie

Match: Arsenal Vs Aston Villa

Brief goal desciption: breaking from a Ashley young cross, Flamini evntually picks out RVP with a chipped through ball which is then chip/volleyed over the keeper

Player: Charlie Adam

Match: Aston Villa vs Blackpool

Description: On his first game back from an injury layoff and with confidence very low in the team, Charlie Adam fires a long-range freekick right into the top corner of the Aston Villa goal. Sadly, Villa came back to win it, but it was an inspiring glimmer of hope for a Blackpool side who have been poor of late.

Player: Luís Tinoco

Match: Sp. Covilhã vs Oliveira Bairro

Description: The 'keeper gets himself wildly out of position, but it still takes a fantastically placed shot for the left-back to find the net from about 50 yards out.

Not entirely sure this one counts, as it wasn't scored by my player (but it was scored for my team!)

Player: Hugo Sousa

Match: Sp. Covilhã vs Oliveira Bairro

Description: The most sublime little chip at full stretch over the keeper you'll ever see (shame it was an own goal!)

Player Name: Artan Hoxha

Match: Oberhausen vs Hannover 96

Brief Goal Description: An Arsenal-esque goal as a glorious backheeled pass from Kevin Miralles leads to Hoxha driving the ball low into the far corner of the net

[video=youtube;2hhxjG1hp2s]

Player Name: Joe Walker

Match: Fleetwood vs GRIMSBY

Brief Goal Description: Local Boy Comes Good!!!

Corner whipped in, headed back across by Dale Southwell (just as the clip starts), back across again by loanee Favien Tamou, cleared by the Fleetwood defender out to the edge of the box. This is where Joe Walker meets it on the half volley, it dips in and crashes against the underside of the bar for a spectacular goal.

link

Player Name: M.Chamakh

Match: Colorado vs Arsenal

Brief goal description: Chamakh beats the keeper from long range with an excellent shot

Err, didn't you enter this goal back in the December contest as well? :)

Just a few hours left for February entries - voting thread hopefully to be set up by the weekend.

Nice and early for the march entry to compensate for no feb entry - 3 goals this time (sorry if its too much just take the first two incase) :)

Goal 1

Player: Diego Perrone

Match: Villa Espanola v Danubio

Description: Some nice team passing results in a powerful finish from around 35-40 yards from the attacking midfielder

Goal 2

Player: Sebastián Vázquez

Match: Cerro v Danubio

Description: A free kick taken from around 40 yards flies into the top corner

Goal 3

Player: Santiago Silva

Match: Cerro v Danubio

Description: Shot from far out flies into the top corner of the net

Again sorry if its too much :)

Archived