FM11 Goal of the Month Competition

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Player: Fabrice Abriel

Match: Sparta vs Feyenoord

Description: After a nice passing move, Abriel collects the ball 25 yards out, and sends a bullet into the top corner for my first goal on 11.3.

Player: Jay Emmanuel-Thomas

Match: Arsenal vs Lincoln

Description: JET rounds off his first hat-trick, dribbling the ball from inside his own half before unleashing a 30 yarder into the top corner.

[video=youtube;AeL1XaUO-uc]

Player: Jose Franco

Match: Deportivo Caaguazu vs C Cerro Cora - Paraguayan 2nd Division

Description: A nice little passing move culminates in a superb Volley from Franco from just outside the Box.

. For HD use full screen

Player: Nicolas Amerise

Match: Deportivo Caaguazu vs C Cerro Cora Paraguayan 2nd Division

Description: Amerise makes a run from his own half before beating the keeper with a sweet lob

Got two to submit again here, both from the same game:

Player: Nacer Chadli

Match: Zenit v FC Twente

Description: A superb first-time strike from well outside the area nestled right into the bottom corner, causing it to start snowing ;)

Player: Bryan Ruíz

Match: Zenit v FC Twente

Description: Ruíz gets a chance to stretch his legs and runs himself wide of the penalty area, but just as it looks like he's about to deliver a perfect cross, he shocks everyone by blasting it into the net from the tight angle.

EDIT - adding another one to this rather than double posting!

Player: Steven Defour

Match: Sevilla v FC Twente

Description: From a long way out, Defour curls a delightful shot into the top-right corner of the net

Ive got Two to submit

Player: Carlao

Match: Wolves v Sunderland

Description: Brazilian Striker scores a clever lob from the edge of the area

Player: Francisco Funes

Match: Arsenal v Sunderland

Description: Funes Scores an incisive finish from the edge of the area

Player: Petr Nemov

Match: Levski vs Rubin Kazan

Description: Nemov collects a cleared free kick, and smashes a shot into the top corner.

Player: Evgeniy Balyaikin

Match: Rubin vs Aktobe - Balyaikin Goal 17 minutes

Description: Freekick taken short which he hits first time into the far corner.

Player: Sergio Araujo

Match: FC Ingolstadt 04 vs FSV Frankfurt

Description: A wonderful piece of skill, reminicent of Arshavin's first Arsenal goal against Blackburn. Araujo shows great control at the byeline before hammering the ball high into the net from a tight angle

[video=youtube;sE3EflqGcwY]

Februrary Goal of the Month winner is: Xechs!

Player Name: Robin Van Persie

Match: Arsenal Vs Aston Villa

Brief goal desciption: breaking from a Ashley young cross, Flamini evntually picks out RVP with a chipped through ball which is then chip/volleyed over the keeper

Congratulations!

Player Name: Favien Tamou

Match: Mansfield vs GRIMSBY

Brief goal desciption: Comedy goal, Tamou gets the ball on the edge of the box and threads it through three pairs of legs, it hits the post and rolls along the goal line. It must have barely crossed the line as it stops kindly against the far post to aid the ref in giving the goal! No "did or didn't it cross the line" here!

link to goal up to 1080p

Gonna get one last submission in before the deadline.

Player Name: Vierinha

Match: Panserrikos vs PAOK

Brief Goal Description: After a cleared corner, some neat play leads to Vierinha curling into the far top corner from the corner of the penalty area.

Two goals (of four) by the same player, in the same match here:

Player Name: Ibrahim Atangana

Match: Angers SCO - Amiens SC Football

Brief Goal Description: Atangana picks the ball up 35 yards from goal, looks up and cracks a wonderful shot in off the upright

Link:

Player Name: Ibrahim Atangana

Match: Angers SCO - Amiens SC Football

Brief Goal Description: Pick the ball up on the wing, Atangana skins two defenders before cutting back from the byline and ssending the ball into the far corner for his hattrick

Link:

Player Name: Albin Ekdal

Match: FULHAM v Sunderland

Brief goal description: A Sunderland throw in inside the Fulham third is intercepted by Ekdal, who wastes no time in shooting directly at goal and leaving the keeper helpless from what must be 70+ yards!

March's Goal of the Month voting is now Open!

Thanks to Suggy33 for the help, I selected only those that made it on both of our top tens (plus Xechs' Christiano Ronaldo goal, bad me)

I'm also looking for a few more panelists to help at the end of April - please PM me if you'd like to help

Player Name: Albin Ekdal

Match: FULHAM v Sunderland

Brief goal description: A Sunderland throw in inside the Fulham third is intercepted by Ekdal, who wastes no time in shooting directly at goal and leaving the keeper helpless from what must be 70+ yards!

I've always been a bit dubious of the long range goals like this in FM.

Until I saw this last night :eek:

Player Name: Patrik Precechtel

Match: Banik Ostrava vs Teplice

Brief goal description: Pretty much straight from Kick off, Precechtel picks up the ball and runs straight past 3 players and into the box, cuts back to just inside the 18 yard line and slots it into the bottom left, his first of 3 that game

Not the best of goals really, but i enjoyed it, and i get sick of long range goals haha

Player Name: Ashley Young

Match: ASTON VILLA v Everton

Description: Second goal in what turned out to be a hat-trick game for Young. Cutting in from the left, he sublimely takes out 3 Everton defenders before unleashing a thunderbolt past the helpless Tim Howard into the top-right corner.

Player Name: Philip Daniels

Match: Birmingham vs Arsenal

Brief Description: Philip Daniels strikes a beautiful curling shot past the opposing goalie after breaking a man.

[video=youtube;DdrPAwgbJ5U]

(Sorry for the view, you can't see the curl on the normal one.)

Player Name: Romaine Rose

Match: Gateshead vs Forest Green

Description: Starting deep in his own half, Rose sprints forward before cutting in, rounding both defender and keeper before slotting home

[video=youtube;2kJMewWaIR4]

• 3 weeks later...

wow thread seems kinda dead, ah well I might finally win this time (Y)

May Entry

Player: Philllipe Coutinho

Match:Inter v Rosenborg

Description: Good passing then a shot from around 35 yards flies into top corner

Player name: Sejad Salihovic

Match: Manchester United vs. Newcastle

Brief goal description: Salihovic scores a beautiful curling free kick from 35 yards out to get the lead for Newcastle.

Link:

- the first one.

been a while since i checked this but i'm delighted i won 2 months in a row, would like to post another...

Player Name: Francesc Fabregas

Match: ARSENAL vs Bolton

Brief goal description: A classic arsenal long ball (:D) to connor wickham who heads down for a fabregas half volley into the top corner

Link:

Player Name: Kim Kallstrom

Match: U.D Leiria vs Rubin Kazan

Brief Goal Description: Kallstrom takes two or three steps before rocketing in a 35 yard strike via the underside of the bar...

[video=youtube;uznd30kfFYc]

Hi everyone,

Sorry I abandoned this thread but the last couple of months have been super busy for me. No time for FM or anything fun at all.

Thanks for keeping it alive Moonshine. :thup: If you need any help with shortlisting or anything else, let me know. :)

Player Name: Oliver Andersson

Match: Olimpija Osijek vs Cibalia

Brief goal description: The swedish forward sends an opponent the wrong way by selling him a dummy, then shoots from a slightly awkward angle within the box

Player Name: Leandro

Match: Sibenik vs Olimpija Osijek

Brief goal description: Great goal from the brazilian winger in the Croatian Cup Semi-Final, as he shoots from the edge of the area with his supposedly "weak" left foot, into the top corner.

First entry into the June GotM contest (if there is one!)

Player: Jordan Stephenson

Match: U.D Leiria vs Sporting CP

Description: Stephenson nets his 100th goal for the club in style by running through and dinking the ball over the keeper from an angle

[video=youtube;MtdGzIcmyfw]

Archived