[RELEASE] OLT Expanded Hair Pack v2.0 - The Asia Edition!

O'Leary's Trainee

2nq77ly.jpg

OLT Expanded Hair Pack v2.0:

I always thought there were way too few hairstyles to offer any variety in NewGens in the game, and while I rectified most of that problem with Version 1 of my OLT Hairpack, I had completely ignored the asian/middle eastern NewGens. This updated version focuses on those - adding 99 new hairstyles for Asia/Middle East.

Now, a small word to explain a little something. When I started this, I was making them for "East India", after I had noticed there was a code to assign a hair to this region. My thought were that middle eastern type regens would use those instead of the Asian ones that they were currently using. It appears, however, that the Eastern India style is completely disabled in game, so I changed them all into Asia.

This is not perfect, as there are a number of distinctly different styles that should be used - but there is nothing I can do about that. So, this is the best solution to expand on those Japanese, Korean, Saudi, Egyptian and other Asian/Middle East regens for a better experience when playing the game around these parts of the world.

Only a select few added to the other categories - including my personal favorite "The Mohawk".

You can't go wrong using this, guys!

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE ALREADY INSTALLED VERSION 1:

Please delete the old "olt hairpack" folder before installing this one, to prevent any unwanted effects. Further instructions on how to install below.

My next pack should see many new Afro hairs, as I'm still not happy with the variety on those. I will be looking to have a few more experimental ones overall (adding more baldness, as well as facial hair on a select few... even though it looks a bit odd on the 16 year olds).

I may also revise the old ones - improving those that aren't so good, as well as try to remove the white border for those using dark skins.

------------------INFO--------------------

Install:

- Extract "olt hairpack" folder into the following directory:

- [YOUR FM INSTALL FOLDER*]\data\facegen\hair

- DO NOT OVERWRITE THE EXISTING ORIGINAL FOLDERS (afro, asian, euro, hispanic). You should have the "olt hairpack" folder in this directory IN ADDITION to the other ones, or you will mess up your game.

* Steam Users (default):

- C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2010

* Others (default):

- C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010

Note: In the facegen/hair folder, you should notice four folders already (afro, asian, euro & hispanic). These are the default hairs for the game. You should add the "olt hairpack" folder to those four in there so you don't write over the original hair styles. So DO NOT extract the "afro", "asian", "euro" & "hispanic" folders from within the "olt hairpack" folder directly into the "facegen/hair" folder. Extract the actual folder "olt hairpack" into this directory.

If you have a previous version of the OLT Hairpack installed, I recommend deleting the "olt hairpack" folder before installing the new one (all old hairstyles will still be there).

New hairstyles will take effect immediately upon loading up the game.

DOWNLOAD HERE:

DISCONTINUED... SEE NEW THREAD HERE:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/329131-RELEASE-OLT-Expanded-Hair-Pack-v3.0-The-Dress-Up-Edition

Newgens will never look the same once you install this!

Version 1.0:

Afro: 49

Asian: 4

Euro: 258

Hispanic: 96

TOTAL: 407 new hair styles

Version 2.0:

Afro: 1

Asian: 99

Euro: 44

Hispanic: 2

TOTAL: 553 new hair styles

-----------

PS. Anyone who wants to see a specific hairstyle with my next release are welcome to post a picture of it here, and I'll get it done for use in the game.

The picture has to be a "mugshot" type picture - head held up, looking straight forward.

I'll even do YOU :) (You can blur out your face to protect your identity) I'm in there from the initial release... always a good chuckle when I recognize a player with my own head of hair...

Also noteworthy... it's better if the picture has good contrast and lighting - colors are important too, but I can fiddle with those so it's not that big of a deal (most hairs come in different colors from black, dark/light brown and blonde... and redheads of course).

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, you guys.

Knowing that others are enjoying this pack is what makes all the hard work worth it (as well as my own enjoyment of using it, of course).

Spread the word! ;)

And, do provide some cool hairs that I could use in my next update - which I hope to have a few more hairstyles that are a little "out there".

If anyone could find a good "profile" type picture of Jason Lee and his pineapple head that would be one I simply couldn't resist putting in there... I also thought of doing Valderrama's hair, but I'm not even sure it would fit within the limits of the picture size :)

(Gotta love Valderrama though - one of the best midfielders the game has ever seen in my opinion)

Great work!! I also have been using pack1, its adds so much more personality to the players. Can you link the hair styles to not only the region but also their personality?

Thanks for your time and work.

No - the hairstyles can only be linked to the following ethnic groups Afro, Asian, Euro and Hispanic. That's why it's a bit difficult with the Asian pack as both Korean and Japanese, for example, as well as Egypt, Saudi Arabia will draw from the same "pool" of hairs.

It's not easy to find hairs suitable for both these groups, as I find there are rather big differences in their "typical" styles of hair. So - some of these will look more realistic on a Japanese regen, while another hair would be best on a player from Egypt. There was a code for East Indian hair... but I tried linking the hairs to that only to find that those hairs were nowhere to be found in the game - so I suppose that has been disabled in the game.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

O'Leary's Trainee I have something to ask you

I tried to merge the hairs from fm with yours

please check my steps

1. I copied your PNG files to the folder where they belong in the original game

2. I modified the content of the files CONFIG and HAIR from the original fm, Copy/Paste the new records that your file had into the old one, and in the hair file the same, copied the new records

3. All the new records pasted in the file are in the right place black with black , blonde with blonde , red with red.... you get my point

4. I start my FM and all the players are bald

5. I delete all the stuff and replace with your facepack

6. Still the players are bald

7. I replace with the original files, players have the old hairs

8. How can I make your hairpack work?

here is the example how I modified the file

This is EURO-MEDIUM- CONFIG FILE

<record>

<!-- resource manager options -->

<!-- dont preload anything in this folder -->

<boolean id="preload" value="false"/>

<!-- turn off auto mapping -->

<boolean id="amap" value="false"/>

<!-- logo mappings -->

<!-- the following XML maps pictures inside this folder into other positions

in the resource system, which allows this folder to be dropped into any

place in the graphics folder and still have the game pick up the graphics

files from the correct places

-->

<list id="maps">

<!-- blonde -->

<record from="blonde_01" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/blonde_01"/>

<record from="blonde_02" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/blonde_02"/>

<record from="blonde_03" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/blonde_03"/>

<record from="blonde_04" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/blonde_04"/>

<record from="blonde_05" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/blonde_05"/>

<record from="blonde_06" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/blonde_06"/>

<record from="blonde_07" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/blonde_07"/>

<record from="blonde_08" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/blonde_08"/>

<record from="blonde_09" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/blonde_09"/>

<record from="blonde_10" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/blonde_10"/>

<record from="blonde_3001" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/blonde_3001"/>

<record from="blonde_3002" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/blonde_3002"/>

<record from="blonde_3003" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/blonde_3003"/>

<record from="blonde_3004" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/blonde_3004"/>

<record from="blonde_3005" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/blonde_3005"/>

<record from="blonde_3006" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/blonde_3006"/>

<record from="blonde_3007" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/blonde_3007"/>

<record from="blonde_3008" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/blonde_3008"/>

<record from="blonde_3009" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/blonde_3009"/>

<record from="blonde_3010" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/blonde_3010"/>

<record from="blonde_3011" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/blonde_3011"/>

<record from="blonde_3012" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/blonde_3012"/>

<record from="blonde_3013" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/blonde_3013"/>

<record from="blonde_3014" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/blonde_3014"/>

<record from="blonde_3015" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/blonde_3015"/>

<record from="blonde_3016" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/blonde_3016"/>

<!-- ligntbrown -->

<record from="lightbrown_01" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/lightbrown_01"/>

<record from="lightbrown_02" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/lightbrown_02"/>

<record from="lightbrown_03" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/lightbrown_03"/>

<record from="lightbrown_04" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/lightbrown_04"/>

<record from="lightbrown_05" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/lightbrown_05"/>

<record from="lightbrown_06" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/lightbrown_06"/>

<record from="lightbrown_07" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/lightbrown_07"/>

<record from="lightbrown_08" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/lightbrown_08"/>

<record from="lightbrown_09" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/lightbrown_09"/>

<record from="lightbrown_10" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/lightbrown_10"/>

<record from="lightbrown_3001" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/lightbrown_3001"/>

<record from="lightbrown_3002" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/lightbrown_3002"/>

<record from="lightbrown_3003" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/lightbrown_3003"/>

<record from="lightbrown_3004" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/lightbrown_3004"/>

<record from="lightbrown_3005" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/lightbrown_3005"/>

<record from="lightbrown_3006" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/lightbrown_3006"/>

<record from="lightbrown_3007" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/lightbrown_3007"/>

<record from="lightbrown_3008" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/lightbrown_3008"/>

<record from="lightbrown_3009" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/lightbrown_3009"/>

<record from="lightbrown_3010" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/lightbrown_3010"/>

<record from="lightbrown_3011" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/lightbrown_3011"/>

<record from="lightbrown_3012" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/lightbrown_3012"/>

<record from="lightbrown_3013" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/lightbrown_3013"/>

<record from="lightbrown_3014" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/lightbrown_3014"/>

<record from="lightbrown_3015" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/lightbrown_3015"/>

<record from="lightbrown_3016" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/lightbrown_3016"/>

<record from="lightbrown_3017" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/lightbrown_3017"/>

<!-- darkbrown -->

<record from="darkbrown_01" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/darkbrown_01"/>

<record from="darkbrown_02" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/darkbrown_02"/>

<record from="darkbrown_03" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/darkbrown_03"/>

<record from="darkbrown_04" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/darkbrown_04"/>

<record from="darkbrown_05" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/darkbrown_05"/>

<record from="darkbrown_06" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/darkbrown_06"/>

<record from="darkbrown_07" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/darkbrown_07"/>

<record from="darkbrown_08" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/darkbrown_08"/>

<record from="darkbrown_09" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/darkbrown_09"/>

<record from="darkbrown_10" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/darkbrown_10"/>

<record from="darkbrown_3001" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/darkbrown_3001"/>

<record from="darkbrown_3002" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/darkbrown_3002"/>

<record from="darkbrown_3003" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/darkbrown_3003"/>

<record from="darkbrown_3004" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/darkbrown_3004"/>

<record from="darkbrown_3005" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/darkbrown_3005"/>

<record from="darkbrown_3006" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/darkbrown_3006"/>

<record from="darkbrown_3007" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/darkbrown_3007"/>

<record from="darkbrown_3008" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/darkbrown_3008"/>

<record from="darkbrown_3009" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/darkbrown_3009"/>

<record from="darkbrown_3010" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/darkbrown_3010"/>

<record from="darkbrown_3011" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/darkbrown_3011"/>

<record from="darkbrown_3012" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/darkbrown_3012"/>

<record from="darkbrown_3013" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/darkbrown_3013"/>

<record from="darkbrown_3014" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/darkbrown_3014"/>

<record from="darkbrown_3015" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/darkbrown_3015"/>

<record from="darkbrown_3016" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/darkbrown_3016"/>

<record from="darkbrown_3017" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/darkbrown_3017"/>

<record from="darkbrown_3018" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/darkbrown_3018"/>

<!-- black -->

<record from="black_01" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/black_01"/>

<record from="black_02" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/black_02"/>

<record from="black_03" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/black_03"/>

<record from="black_04" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/black_04"/>

<record from="black_05" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/black_05"/>

<record from="black_06" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/black_06"/>

<record from="black_07" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/black_07"/>

<record from="black_08" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/black_08"/>

<record from="black_09" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/black_09"/>

<record from="black_10" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/black_10"/>

<record from="black_3001" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/black_3001"/>

<record from="black_3002" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/black_3002"/>

<record from="black_3003" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/black_3003"/>

<record from="black_3004" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/black_3004"/>

<record from="black_3005" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/black_3005"/>

<record from="black_3006" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/black_3006"/>

<record from="black_3007" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/black_3007"/>

<record from="black_3008" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/black_3008"/>

<record from="black_3009" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/black_3009"/>

<record from="black_3010" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/black_3010"/>

<record from="black_3011" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/black_3011"/>

<record from="black_3012" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/black_3012"/>

<record from="black_3013" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/black_3013"/>

<record from="black_3014" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/black_3014"/>

<record from="black_3015" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/black_3015"/>

<record from="black_3016" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/black_3016"/>

<record from="black_3017" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/black_3017"/>

<!-- grey -->

<record from="grey_01" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/grey_01"/>

<record from="grey_03" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/grey_03"/>

<record from="grey_04" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/grey_04"/>

<record from="grey_06" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/grey_06"/>

<record from="grey_07" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/grey_07"/>

<record from="grey_08" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/grey_08"/>

<record from="grey_09" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/grey_09"/>

<record from="grey_3001" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/grey_3001"/>

<record from="grey_3002" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/grey_3002"/>

<record from="grey_3003" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/grey_3003"/>

<!-- red -->

<record from="ginger_01" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/red_01"/>

<record from="ginger_02" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/red_02"/>

<record from="ginger_03" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/red_03"/>

<record from="ginger_04" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/red_04"/>

<record from="red_3001" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/red_3001"/>

<record from="red_3002" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/red_3002"/>

<record from="red_3003" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/red_3003"/>

<record from="red_3004" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/red_3004"/>

<record from="red_3005" to="graphics/facegen/hair/euro/medium/red_3005"/>

</list>

</record>

Hello,

O'Leary's Trainee I have something to ask you

I tried to merge the hairs from fm with yours

please check my steps

No, no, no!

You do NOT do it like that. If you read the installation instructions I have been very clear that the "olt hairpack" folder is to be added IN ADDITION to the original Afro/Asian/Hispanic/Euro folders. The original hairs or xml files must not under any circumstances be tampered with or copied over.

All my hairs will then appear in game, as well as the original hairs, so there is no need merging them at all. Just ensure that you have unticked skin-cache and reload the skin if it doesn't show up immediately upon starting the game.

This also goes for anyone who makes their own. Do not merge those with the original files, or my olt hairpack. Make a seperate NEW folder for any new additions and put the ethnic folders in there as sub folders.

I am having trouble importing these hairpacks into my game. I am in a mac and I have put them in: sports interactive> data> hair. I have NOT deleted or modified the original hair made by SI, I have reloaded the skin and skin cache is unticked. Can you suggest anything else to make this work?

Actually to be honest with you mate it might have worked. I put the folder in my game, saved it, then reloaded the skin. I didn't think there was a change in the regen hair but I have just found a mac city regen with ginger/red hair and I don't think that could have been done by SI! Is this your work? If it is, then it has worked.

OLT thanks for all your work on this new pack and the original

i dont mean to sound ungreatful but is it possible to remove certain hairstyles form your pack?

if i removed the picture and deleted the corresponding data in the config.xml file and the hair.xml would this mean that the hairstyles were simply removed form the game or would it mean that the players who would have that hairstyle would now be bald?

thanks for any help

and once again the pack is great i really dont mean to be ungreatful for your work

I'm in the same boat as offleyhornet, I think; I can't get the new hair to appear (or at least none of my existing regens have new hair).

Might this be that macs don't alter hairstyles when the new lot are entered, or is it more likely to be that the mac version is not recognising something in the folder?

having a little problem with this. When i try to unzip the folder, it progresses through but no folders/files appear in the location folder; ie all that is there is teh original unzipped file. When i re-try it asks if i want to replace the existing files (indicating that it has actually unzipped). Any help? Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

hamilton162 - I suppose you've already figured that out, but yes, it works with FM09 as well. The original file was created for 09, and it all works exactly the same way in FM10 - except that 09 has a few bugs where the players change their hair every now and then...

bjoggi33 - The baldness can occur if you over write the original files. That way you have replaced the config xml's and the original hair ID's, meaning the game can not find the hairs the code is asking for. Beyond that, I don't know what could have happened.

------------

I'm back, guys! I don't know if I'll get any work done for the next Hair Pack update (been away since about the start of the year from FM). But, I'm sure I'll get another update for it at some point. I am just one of those who can't ever have too much variety.

Hope you are all enjoying your new look NewGens!

------------

Oh, and for those who don't see an immediate change. I believe (and this is only an assumption as I haven't tested this on FM10 enough), that there is much better stabillity in the players hair that there was in FM09, so existing regens do not suddenly appear with new hairstyles when this is installed - they keep their old ones, and this pack should only affect NEW regens after the pack was available in your games.

Please confirm if this is the case...

Oh' date=' and for those who don't see an immediate change. I believe (and this is only an assumption as I haven't tested this on FM10 enough), that there is much better stabillity in the players hair that there was in FM09, so existing regens do not suddenly appear with new hairstyles when this is installed - they keep their old ones, and this pack should only affect NEW regens after the pack was available in your games.

Please confirm if this is the case...[/quote']

Actually a few of my regens changed hairstyle after I formatted my hardrive and installed the game again, I had your pack installed, but forgot it after the re-installation. Then again I remembered to use your Hair pack and the hair returned to the way it was before I formatted my hard drive.

Thanks.

That pretty much confirms my suspicions, as well as make me very happy. That was the thing in FM09 that was driving me nuts - when they would continuosly change hair. Also - this means that it is safe for me to make additional hairs and update this file without every single regen getting a new hairstyle when you install it.

Great news!

Hi Sorry if this has been mentioned but new toi all this when i try to extract the download i get the following messages

! C:\Users\****\Documents\Downloads\OLT Expanded Hair Pack v2.0 (3).rar: Cannot create OLT_ExpandedHairPack-v2.jpg

! Access is denied.

! C:\Users\*****\Documents\Downloads\OLT Expanded Hair Pack v2.0 (3).rar: Cannot create ReadMe - OLT Expanded Hair Pack.txt

! Access is denied.

! C:\Users\*****\Documents\Downloads\OLT Expanded Hair Pack v2.0 (3).rar: Cannot create folder olt hairpack

! Access is denied.

! C:\Users\*****\Documents\Downloads\OLT Expanded Hair Pack v2.0 (3).rar: Cannot create folder olt hairpack\afro

! The system cannot find the path specified.

! C:\Users\*****\Documents\Downloads\OLT Expanded Hair Pack v2.0 (3).rar: Cannot create folder olt hairpack\afro\long

! The system cannot find the path specified.

Could anyone help and tell me what im doing wrong?

Thanks.

That pretty much confirms my suspicions' date=' as well as make me very happy. That was the thing in FM09 that was driving me nuts - when they would continuosly change hair. Also - this means that it is safe for me to make additional hairs and update this file without every single regen getting a new hairstyle when you install it.

Great news![/quote']

Looking forward to it then, really nice to have it fresh, got boring with all the same styles.

• 4 weeks later...
Does this change immediatly in FM10 because i am not getting a change when i install it

i have also unticked use skin cache

From my experience - there is no immediate change when installing this on FM10. All existing regens at the time keep the hair they were "born with", so only new regens that are created after the installation of this pack can get the new hairs.

i have a problem...all regens are bold...what i have to do??

This usually happens if you've replaced the original folders, instead of ADDING the OLT Hair Pack folder to the existing ones.

If you have over-written the original files, I'm afraid you'll need to re-install the game to get them back.

Archived