How do You Play FM

What engine do you opt for  

271 members have voted

1. 1. What engine do you opt for

Everyone now has had a good play at FM 09 and I would to know how everyone plays it I personally still like 2D dont think the game is ready for 3D just yet but what is everyone else's feeling and how do you play ?

Can we add the point again that it is a view, not an engine.

The engine is the same for all ways you view the game, whether it be commentary, 2d or 3d.

Personally, I also don't get how the game "isn't ready" for the 3d engine. Please elaborate.

I always use 3d. I have from the start even when it ran slowly on my previous poor laptop.

On a sidenote though I found it a coincidence that I was about the name the thread I just created the exact same name as you have named this. :p

yeah the 3d is shoddy, for the spec it needs to run it's really poor, considering ive run much better 3d games on lower spec machines. I still prefer watching in 3d though, as i get a better feel for how the tactics are working.

Its an opinion

What?! What the hell are you saying?

If you're saying that it's an opinion that 3D and 2D run on the same engine, just different ways of viewing the action, then that's complete ********. They are the same engine.

Sorry...by engine I meant graphics. The look of the players is abit shoddy. It's like watching stick men hopping around the pitch.

Yeah it is a bit, but it will get better, just like the 2d.

2D

This may sound strange but i can somehow imagine the 2D being 'real' football more than the 3D, the 3D feels like im playing a really dated videogame

That's an interesting point in truth. Your imagination does fill in the gaps a lot with the 2D view.

What?! What the hell are you saying?

If you're saying that it's an opinion that 3D and 2D run on the same engine, just different ways of viewing the action, then that's complete ********. They are the same engine.

Mate shut up its an opinion poll get a grip a sayed its an opinion that a dont think 3d is ready, read it right who are you anyway telling me ae elaborate go and get some friends (and I dont mean 3D players) and stop annoying me

I've tried the 3D, and I found it appalling, especially if SI allegedly been working on it for years. However, credit to them for providing the former ways of viewing the matches (commentary,2D), as it shows quite a high level of respect for their fans.

It's a transition that has to be made, I just feel disappointed for graphics of such sort (not expecting Pro Evo style, but at least something with more dignity). But the only way is up now, and if they keep providing the 2D option in future versions, they can take whatever time they need to evolve the 3D resources in the meantime, as I'm sure that who is already pleased with it now will be pleased then, and who isn't it's just a matter of time until they are, like myself.

I dare not try the 3D version as i don't want to cringe with embarassement. It's not fair to compare it to 3D sims like PES or FIFA but thats what i'll end up doing anyway! I'll stick with the 2D version for a couple of versions until it's got good reviews.

If you are on about the way it looks then you might want to try my modification :thup:

Yeah, I saw that...

The only thing about it, is it a skin, or is it just purely for 2D view? =)

I was going to download it, but thought it was a skin...

Yeah, I saw that...

The only thing about it, is it a skin, or is it just purely for 2D view? =)

I was going to download it, but thought it was a skin...

Purely for the 2D view in classic mode, it will work on any skin and is easily removable if it is not to your taste (read the readme).

Archived