Time Until November 14th

Whats everyone doing between now and November 14th?

At the moment, I'm floating through the forums, but Friday starts the amazing release schedule of this month. Fable 2 this week, Fallout 3 next week, Gears of War 2 and WWE Smackdown 2009 the week after. Not to mention Farcry 2 and Dead Space out on friday if I can find the extra cash (I probably can, but my girlfriend may kill me).

So yeah, hopefully from Friday, the weeks will go fast. And maybe I'll play bits of the demo too. For now, its back to Fifa 09. Which I'm growing bored of, so some time away from it will be good for me.

I am just mucking around playing an old game Silent Hunter 3 as I can tweak it to make explosions massive for a bit of fun. I just can't get into FM at the moment due to the impending release.

Oh and I am also trying to figure out how to raise the cash for FM09

I'm going on holiday to prague :cool: Obviously not the whole time, but i'm taking my wife for her birthday, which is the week of release. I'm more excited about that, than FM.

So you should :) Prague is awesome. But once you get back from holiday, is it FM all the way?

So you should :) Prague is awesome. But once you get back from holiday, is it FM all the way?

Well, i'm not sure really. I return late on Thursday night and have booked the Friday off as well, so as long as she hasn't bled me dry while away i'll buy it on the Friday :D

FM 08 for me, don't actually intend to stop playing on release day, will keep playin this save until I get bored. It's the best save in ages. (Suprised my wife with that 1). I think she thought I'd get 09 on release day (which I will) and run home and tear 08 outta my computer and install 09 immediately, which at the moment I prob won't. Having said all this I am quite excited about it

I've struggeled to get a decent game going with 08 since it's release. Ironically, a few weeks before the release of 09 my 08 game has started firing on all cylinders and I'm really enjoying it :-D

I may even keep playing it for a while to see how 09 is received on the forums and the state of bugs etc. before I buy it.

I've wandered back into my main FM08 Fiorentina/Werder Bremen game where I won all 3 of the games I played last night (processing was glacially slow though!) so my enthusiasm for that is back up.

Prior to that I was messing around with old savegames and versions, returning to my FM07 game with Caersws in which I have built a team of young players all born within 30 miles of the village. Needless to say we have no veteran players (many in the database don't have a birth place so they got ejected from the club) and we are doing pretty crap without any real potential for change 3 years into the game so whether I'll bother heading into the 4th season and beyond depends a lot on whether my beloved Werder Bremen and Fiorentina crash and burn!

I've just taken over my home town club Dundee since they sacked their manager irl a couple of days ago. If I manage to get them out of the first Division at the first attempt I might actually apply for the real life job myself :D. Closing dates for applications is Friday so it might be a bit tight.

What am I going to do until 14th Nov?:

1. enjoy my and my brother's birthday family party

2. visit the musical in theatre

3. unpack a lot of papers, clothes and other things in our new flat (I have been unpacking all things constantly from March 2008 together with my GF together with setting up furniture and other related things :)

4. enjoy one-whole-day-visit of our friend

9999999999. "Enjoy" my paid job :)

Lot of things to do in front of me but such things are very helpful to forget on FM09 release in these sloooooow days :)

I'm going on holiday to prague :cool: Obviously not the whole time, but i'm taking my wife for her birthday, which is the week of release. I'm more excited about that, than FM.

nice wish i could have my holiday now not till' next march more time to save for spending money though

I'm still playing 08, coaching Chelsea at the moment (after 2 uneventful years at PSV and a month at Schalke) I won the title my first full year there, but dropped off the 2nd year, now I'm back to title form, but Cech is done for 2 months and my backup is hideous....also I've bled the amount of cash at the club.....if I don't win anything this season I'm leaving......

Also, this is only save I still think I'll be playing until the demo of 09 comes out......and then my gf will kill me

I've struggeled to get a decent game going with 08 since it's release. Ironically, a few weeks before the release of 09 my 08 game has started firing on all cylinders and I'm really enjoying it :-D

I may even keep playing it for a while to see how 09 is received on the forums and the state of bugs etc. before I buy it.

Happens to me that every year, although I usually have several other saves I enjoy as well

Archived