England in Copa America???

Don't take any notice of me then, that's my opinion and I'd like proof before I change it.

Sorry lolgasm. I take my previous comment back as it totally contradicts my beliefs. I always believe that people shouldn't have a go at other people's opinions. For that, I truly apologise :)

There have been other people showing screens of this happening before so I don't see why to doubt hes lying about it. Was just something SI overlooked I guess, I haven't had a look at the rules myself but I would seriously doubt even if there was a loophole in the rules that this would ever happen.

its definatley true. Happened to me as well. I think two teams get invited to make the total number of teams 12. Mexico are a team that are regularly invited. Japan have played in the competition too.

Japan only played once because they were going to host the WC, so Conmebol wanted to please them for some reason.

But apart from this case, in real life only teams from the Americas are invited.

If we do ever invite a team from outside the Americas, it will be either Portugal or Spain, as they share our culture, history, etc...

I doubt England would ever be invited as they have nothing to do with South America and many people here dislike them (starting from Argentina).

There's enough evidence in the myriad other threads that have been started on this matter. It's a flaw in the game that unrealistic invites get made to the Copa America. The inclusion of invitations is realistic, but some of the teams who get asked are not.

You can have 2 non South and North American countries in it, but I believe they are invited.

The Copa América is played by 12 teams:

10 SA ones

Mexico

another NA country (usually Costa Rica or the USA)

England simply wouldn't be invited in real life because here nobody rates England.

I'd love to see it happen in real life

I wouldn't, I would rather see Jamaica or Barbados than England, as they are countries from the Americas.

Any international side can be included in Copa America due to there being 1 space available for invitaion so that place was obviously given to England, it's not uncommon and I have lost an entire team due to this (I done a national challenge) and really screwed my season up!!!!

The Copa América (Spanish and Portuguese for "America Cup") is the main football competition of the men's national football teams governed by CONMEBOL, the South American football confederation. It is the oldest surviving international tournament in the world starting in 1916. The participating nations are Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela. Two invited teams from other confederations complete the twelve team tournament: Mexico has been a regular since they were invited for the first time in 1993. There is no qualification stage: all ten CONMEBOL teams compete by right, and others by invitation. The highest finishing member of CONMEBOL has the right to participate in the next edition of the FIFA Confederations Cup, but is not obliged to do so

It is normally Mexico and USA I believe

It is normally Mexico and USA I believe

Mexico played in all editions since 1993.

The other teams were:

1993 - USA

1995 - USA

1997 - Costa Rica

1999 - Japan

2001 - Costa Rica and Honduras

2004 - Costa Rica

2007 - USA

Japan was a sad exception that, as I said, is unlikely to happen again.

exactly, if im not mistaken... and I never am. This problem only occurred to those who are playing either a pirated game or else a game which started with the demo and was loaded/continued in the new boxed version

Actually, I'm pretty sure this happens in retail versions. You could be getting mixed up with the other international 'bug' that saw the bottom teams qualify instead of the top teams.

I mentioned this a while ago, i can't find a link to the thread but it was explained to me, like "drwmorrison1984" stated, two clubs are invited each year and it seems to be programmed that England is one of those two in the first Copa America in game iirc.

I heard there's a lot of booming talent on Antarctica, might give them a go. Seriously, if you can play football on ice and snow, playing football on grass must be dead easy.

Joking aside, I don't think England would be very popular in South America. Might give Holland a go though. Before the Portuguese entered Brazil they owned the entire Brazilian coast. And half the Dutch squad comes from Suriname anyway.

Archived