Never Won a Major title :(

Im Pacman Jones, and i have a confession. I have never in all my years of FM and CM won a major league title :( I have had last day diasters, Short Cup runs and even European dreams shattered. International management has also been a failure (altho i have only managed Canada and Nigeria)

I would just like people to post if they too have never won a major title.

P.S I have won some trophies like League 1 and lower :)

P.P.S Whilst i was Canada i did beat the Argie's 3-2 in a friendly :)

My Fm trophy cabinet (all Fm07):

Australian A-league (Melb Victory) - 5 consecutive times

Australian Cup (Melb victory) - 6 consecutive times

A-League Finals (Melb Victory) - 5 consecutive times

Australian Pre season cup (melb vic) - 2 times

Asian Champions League (melb vic) - 3 times

World Club champ (melb vic) - runner up after penalities to barca :)

League Cup (Blackburn)

4th in la liga (Sevilla)

5th in premiership (Liverpool)

And not a whole lot else.

The Australian leagues are easy so my success there isnt really based on any great management, and outside of Australia I really am utter rubbish at the game.... so you're not alone mate :)

I have heaps of success with my club that I am at and am Nigerias manager as you are/were. They have the potential to make it to any final, I got them to the Africas Final only to loose by a stupid long range goal and got them far in the World Cup, if I can do it you can. They have some good fire power. My Nigeria squad hasnt lost a game for about 10-15 its just later on people get old and there isnt any regens coming through so now i gotta jump boat.

i want to earn the chance to play as real madrid. I always have started unemployed or chosen the worst team in a league. I hope that soon my rep will be high enough for me to get a big job. Nigeria do have a really powerful squad and a great strike force, good players like Yak, Yobo, Uche, Oba and Obi. Im just gonna play the world cup then hopeful do well enough to get me a nice job elsewhere :(

Thanks for sharing your woes guys :) Keep them coming

Packman, I like the way you have been honest to yourself and has never cheated to win something. I too have never won any major titles on FM (07 and 08) yet. I have seen lots of peoples here glorifying themselves, when they know they have cheated (used other's tactics, restart the game when loosing, edited the database to overpower their team etc.etc..)

I started as Newcastle Manager i like an underdog.

Won 2 x Prem League

Won 2 x FA Cup

Won 2 x Carling Cup

Never quiet got anywhere in Champs Cup but still trying Iam now in year 2014.

I also got England Manager for fine work at Newcastle so Iam doing both jobs.

So far Won Euro Champs but got knocked out in group stage of confererations cup nearley lost job over that !!!

Vanpeggs if you read it the topic title, its about NOT winning any major titles!!!!!!!!! Diasters so to speak. So its the opposite of bragging. Also i dont see the point of using someone elses tactic just to win, when i wanna be my own boss. I mean if others use it etc good for them but i prefer to not use set tactics

I started as Newcastle Manager i like an underdog.

Won 2 x Prem League

Won 2 x FA Cup

Won 2 x Carling Cup

Never quiet got anywhere in Champs Cup but still trying Iam now in year 2014.

I also got England Manager for fine work at Newcastle so Iam doing both jobs.

So far Won Euro Champs but got knocked out in group stage of confererations cup nearley lost job over that !!!

england didnt even qulify for euro 2008, england team and players are so much overpowered in this game.

I won the Championship with Preston, took them to the Premier League and with what can only be described as a bunch of misfits, took them to second in my first Premier League season. That was as close to the title as I got, despite gradually replacing the misfits with world class players- I even had Klass-Jan Huntelaar playing second fiddle to my first choice strikers. I won the Carling Cup, hardly a "major title", but the FA Cup and Premier League continued to elude me for six years until I resigned to take over my country, Northern Ireland, who I got to the European Championship Semi-Finals before England knocked me out. Thankfully, England lost in the final :p

don't worry, with the huge amount of bias on match engine it's no surprise, example: any AI player with all stat at 11 can score a goal from 30 yards away...

Yawn, don't turn another thread into a moan about FM08 and it's pitfalls, anyway given the amount of people who have won plenty of titles it's obviously not always that bad.

I've won plenty of titles over the years, but shockingly after 10 years of CM/FM gaming I only won my first ever CL with Barca on FM08. I was chuffed to bits about that, but have been woefully poor in Europe on msot other versions.

don't worry, with the huge amount of bias on match engine it's no surprise, example: any AI player with all stat at 11 can score a goal from 30 yards away...

How do you know this? Fact? Culd you give an example?

Most frustrating thing for me is being beaten by someone you should definately win and up pops some rubbish reserve, and surprisingly "thats his first ever goal for the club".

i won 5 premier league titles, 2 champions league, and 2 fa cup trophys within first 6 years. This was with a club I created and had given around 100-200m

Amazing, how ever did you do it? I mean 200m, I bet you had to pick stuff out of a skip to use in training!

The biggest thing I've ever won is the CC Championship in FM07 and the African Cup of Nations in FM08. So unless you class either of those as major then I will join the club!

I mainly play lower league so I've not had much chance to win any major trophies.

My proudest achievement on the game has been taking my local non-league team St. Albans City up the leagues on FM07 to the Premiership and finishing with an all time high of 7th place in the top flight.

By the way, the African Cup of Nations was the first time I have won a knockout tournament in the FM series! I was delighted! :D

C.

stupid thing to say, in real life sunday footballers can score screamers too...it's football

my cabinet consists of

Swiss 2nd div- Le chaux de fonds

Serie B - Chievo

-----------------

Russian Premier-FC Moscow

World Cup- Cameroon

------------------

UEFA Cup

Super Cup, both blackburn

FM 2007

--------

I won the world cup twice and Euro with England but got the sack over been at bottom of the confererations cup Group!!!

FM 2008

--------

Liverpool - FA CUP Running Up

Atalanta - Won Nothing

At.Madrid - Euro Cup , European Super Cup

Chelsea - Premier league champions

Sporting - Bwin Liga Champions, League Cup

Valencia - Not won anythings yet but I am hoping to win somethings. ( my current club)

Vanpeggs if you read it the topic title, its about NOT winning any major titles!!!!!!!!! Diasters so to speak. So its the opposite of bragging. Also i dont see the point of using someone elses tactic just to win, when i wanna be my own boss. I mean if others use it etc good for them but i prefer to not use set tactics

Funnily enough i am not mentally insane so therefore realised this. However people are still coming on and saying, e.g i won 9 champions leagues with havant & waterlooville blah blah blah

No shame in not winning a major trophy Pacman, I haven't won anything huge in FM, may have won the SPL and cup a few times in CM but never anything more than that, you've probably won more than me anyway, I love FM but I think I've only ever been promoted through playoffs in the lower English leagues.

On FM08:

Liverpool (3 seasons) - 2 League titles, 2 CL titles, 1 League Cup, 1 FA Cup.

Aston Villa (3 seasons) - 2 League Cup, 1 FA Cup. 4th, 3rd, 2nd in Prem and got to CL semi-final twice.

On FM07 my main success came with Atletico Madrid where I won the La Liga in my first season lol.

I've always found titles quite easy to win at big clubs :) But I find it more fun being championship sides and building them up.

This is what the OP said:

'I would just like people to post if they too have never won a major title.'

Major title to me signifies a European Cup or a major top flight domestic title.

I'm amazed at the amount of people who are posting lists of titles they have won! Can you guys not read? :D

C.

The biggest thing I've ever won is the CC Championship in FM07 and the African Cup of Nations in FM08. So unless you class either of those as major then I will join the club!

I mainly play lower league so I've not had much chance to win any major trophies.

My proudest achievement on the game has been taking my local non-league team St. Albans City up the leagues on FM07 to the Premiership and finishing with an all time high of 7th place in the top flight.

By the way, the African Cup of Nations was the first time I have won a knockout tournament in the FM series! I was delighted! :D

C.

I remember that story very well mate.

up untill FM08 ive never won the premiership, in my current FM08 save ive won the premiership 4 times (with Blackburn 3 times and Southampton once) and ive won the Spanish premiership 3 times with Real Madrid and 3 Champions League wins. Ive never won the world cup, and dosent look like im going to any time soon with my useless Mexico team. (currently in my 8th year there)

On FM08:

Liverpool (3 seasons) - 2 League titles, 2 CL titles, 1 League Cup, 1 FA Cup.

Aston Villa (3 seasons) - 2 League Cup, 1 FA Cup. 4th, 3rd, 2nd in Prem and got to CL semi-final twice.

On FM07 my main success came with Atletico Madrid where I won the La Liga in my first season lol.

I've always found titles quite easy to win at big clubs :) But I find it more fun being championship sides and building them up.

What a star you are. Or is it more to do with your visits to Editors Hideaway & other cheats.

I remember that story very well mate.

Cheers for that williamshankley! :)

I never really got going with Saints on FM08 as the memory of the previous game was too strong.

I think I might just have another save game with Saints when the new FM09 comes out - I will most likely write another long and discursive story about it!

C.

Im Pacman Jones, and i have a confession. I have never in all my years of FM and CM won a major league title :( I have had last day diasters, Short Cup runs and even European dreams shattered. International management has also been a failure (altho i have only managed Canada and Nigeria)

I would just like people to post if they too have never won a major title.

P.S I have won some trophies like League 1 and lower :)

P.P.S Whilst i was Canada i did beat the Argie's 3-2 in a friendly :)

I wonder which teams you managed...

Seriously, you can easily win the title if you take the big four in England. You might need to spend a little more depend on which team of the four but guarantee you would win at the end.

I couldn't win my first 3 seasons anything but FA cup with Arsenal. So, I changed my tactics and bought the players that would really make the difference so I ended up winning the title on the 4th season.

to the OP

Mate, to have been playing CM/FM for that long and not managing to win a major title isn't what amazes me. the fact that you pick yourself up and carry on after all the heartache and frustration is an inspiration to us all.

Pacman Jones,

I SALUTE YOU!!!

In the old CM when things where slightly easier i won 23 titles in 8 years with Man Utd. Including Community shields super cups etc. Won it all. Won numerous trebles. The key thing was keeping a consistent system and keeping certain core players. The defenders, keeper and Strikers were there for the whole 8 years. Even the left back.

Things have changed in the new game though.

About Nigeria. You shoulda won the nations cup with them. They got a good enough team to scrape that.

i seriously could not help myself i just had to carry a gun ok..... its not a big deal in america. Anyway i have the name Pacman Jones because he was a very good young prospect until like i said decided to carry a gun etc. Yes, it is easy to win titles with big clubs but being chelsea doesnt really seem much of a challenge when u got alot of money to spend. I like to graft :)

Archived