Never Won a Major title :(

What are you drivelling about VonBlade? :confused:

It's one of those "in joke" things. Either you know and are nodding, or you don't and that's that.

But for having such a ridiculous nickname, I'll oblige. Adam "Pacman" Jones is an NFL player who had the talent to be the best in a while, and the riches that brings. But he thought that all that money just meant he could be a punk/thug without consequences.

Thusly I was pretending, for the mirth value, that this Pacman Jones is the real one and berating him for his conduct.

:)

VB

I think on fm 08 ive only won a league with shakhtar and thats not a challenge since every other team is terrible and i only secured it on the last day which is embarrasing. i generally am very bad a fm but nonetheless love it for its difficulty

About to play the African Cup of Nations 2010 Final against Cameron, and as this topic is about diasters here is one that happened to me a few minutes ago.....

Before the tournement began my second string GK was injured for 2 months so he was not in the squad.

I took 2 GK's with me, one of which is 1st choice Enyeama. We win the semi final, next day he decides for bare jokes......

TO BREAK HIS HAND!!!!!!!

so hes out of the final and the no 3 GK sits on the bench at darlington every week, and now hes against cameron's front line. I am gonna get thumped :(

to update once more, my goalie had a nightmare game :( i came back from 2-0 down to 2-2 with some good tactics and then my goalie got rounded once more even thou im playing deep :( and then Yak has a penalty in the 86th to equalise and he misses wildly, and lost the game. FM can be so cruel sometimes lol but I WILL BE BACK!!!!! (well i won't im gonna quit after the world cup and join another side)

i want to earn the chance to play as real madrid. I always have started unemployed or chosen the worst team in a league. I hope that soon my rep will be high enough for me to get a big job. Nigeria do have a really powerful squad and a great strike force, good players like Yak, Yobo, Uche, Oba and Obi. Im just gonna play the world cup then hopeful do well enough to get me a nice job elsewhere :(

Thanks for sharing your woes guys :) Keep them coming

Big respect to you for doing it the hard way. I have never been able to start a career game as a big team, I have in the past started with my favourite club Leicester City but they were one of the poorest teams in the prem at the time and then later on a championship team.

I usually start unemployed too, feels good when you get a job even if its a team bottom of the conference south or something! It's a challenge to do it that way and the reward is greater when you win something or get a bigger job after a while.

Just thinking of all my years playing CM and FM I can't remember winning a major title. I have won the league cup with Watford but thats not really a major title. I don't think ive won the champiions league or premiership.. or the world cup.

It's one of those "in joke" things. Either you know and are nodding, or you don't and that's that.

But for having such a ridiculous nickname, I'll oblige. Adam "Pacman" Jones is an NFL player who had the talent to be the best in a while, and the riches that brings. But he thought that all that money just meant he could be a punk/thug without consequences.

Thusly I was pretending, for the mirth value, that this Pacman Jones is the real one and berating him for his conduct.

:)

VB

Went straight over my head! :D

I actually must add to my earlier post that this year, in FM08, I started a career game in which my idea was to get to the top as soon as possible and to go for glory.

Normally I play with one club and try to take them up as far as possible. This year, I decided to start at the bottom but just keep jumping ship to earn the right to manage a big club. Then I was going to try and win as much as I could. Sort of a glory hunting game really.

As usual, I started at St. Albans City and spent far too long there for sentimental reasons but got a few promotions and won a league or two. Finally I managed to move on and went to Derry City and failed miserably to achieve much with them. Two seasons on I managed to get to Kaiserslauten and got them promoted to the German top flight. I had a spell with Ghana in which I won the African Nations Cup (which is my first ever knockout cup in the FM series, I normally never win cups!)

After the African Nations tournament I completely ruined Ghana's World Cup Qualifying campaign before I abandoned them and jumped ship to Leverkusen, figuring that they would provide the opportunity for me to finally get some glory. I failed quite miserably with Leverkusen and then tried to apply for every big club going but got rejected for the lot!

By this point I got fed up and decided to finish my career. It was good fun but I've decided that I get much more attached and sentimental about games where I play as just one team.

Like others have said in this thread, I would feel a bit empty by just starting a game with a big club and winning the Champions League or the Premiership etc.

I'm facing the fact that if I want to win a major trophy on FM09, it is going to have to be with St. Albans City! :D I'm a fairly slow player and it takes forever for me to get to the top so I suppose that I might never win a big trophy. :(

However, if I ever do win the Premier LEague or Champions League with St. Albans City, imagine how good that is going to be! :eek:

C.

It took me about 30 years to win a major trophy (CL with AFC Wimbledon) and about 40 to win the EPL (with Birmingham). Took Slough to the EPL and almost won the title, but lost my last five matches to finish second by a point. So I know your frustration.

it is good to see people on these forums who want to struggle their way to the top and i salute all of you. i can't join the 'club' of never winning a major title as on fm07 i took crewe to a premiership title and england to win the world cup. good luck to everyone here.

I'm the worst manager ever. I'm tactically inept, which basically means I stand no chance. I'm watching all 90 mins of my games to see if I can spot where I'm going wrong, but search as I might there's no "rubbish-good" slider for me to adjust. I haven't a clue where even to start. All my settings make sense. Defensively minded MC, one a little more attacking. Wingers that look to push on when possible. A conventionally set up side basically. But alas, not only can't my side even score, getting a shot on target is an achievement.

What have I learned from this afternoon's experience? Maybe I should stick to Company of Heroes. ;)

I have played every CM/FM since they began and the only leagues I have ever won is the Welsh and the Turkish, hardly top drawer.

I have only won two titles and cup ever been playing since Champ 99-00.The one where Jorge Costa had all 20s and Tonton Zola Moukoko (Sp) was amazing.They were all in FM07 after about 20 seasons!Pacman you play the game the way it should be played imo starting from scratch if I had a decent laptop and patience would love to play it like that.

i went 5 years without winning anything with... real madrid! i still kept my job due to consistant top 4 finishes, and as soon as i won the spanish cup, the floodgates opened. CL in the same season, league title by 20 points next, the by 25 points with another spanish cup. the secrets to my sucess were lucas (before he moved to liverpool irl) who was my captain & mikel arteta, who had an amazing assist/goalscoring record. that was on fm07, i find winning things on fm08 extremely easy in comparason...

Archived