OFFICIAL* Blog Feedback - Miscellaneous Part 3

Nice, might just give the MLS a go again at some point this year then.

And finally, we’ve added in the MLS Discovery signings, so you can sign 6 players from foreign clubs or free agents per season. Or 10 if you’re one of the 2 new clubs – the MLS expansion is in too, so we welcome Vancouver and Portland to Football Manager 2012.

Does this then change back to 6 eventually as the game time moves on and they're no longer "new" franchises?

you're right, you are always accurate about league systems and you deserve credit...i want to ask you following question.Will this year's data editor enable creation of leagues such as MLS or argentinian clasura & apertura... I ask you beacuse thousands of FM fans who are using editor (such as myself) BEG for this feature for years and i have feeling, you have never really consider it.Personally I think, it would bring dimension more to series and is right time to do it.Just imagine league of best european clubs with MLS rules, it'd be awesome..Thx in advance

Finally, maybe some MLS improvements to FM12, something like fans like myself have been asking for years! :D

I really hope we can play MLS in the demo...

Is the trading menu still flawed though? Like can we trade one of our players to a combination of players/draft picks from other teams?

Is-there new league compare to FM2011. For example, in France, we can find only 3 divisions, it's a bit short for a 2012 version. Did you extended to 4 or 5 divisions ? it's not so complicated.

It's easy to do that in the competition editor now, so I doubt SI will add any leagues to the disk any more.

The new mega-headache is in Belgium - is that whole system replicated in FM12?

Get your head around this:

http://thepathslesstravelled.wordpress.com/2011/04/10/belgian-playoffs-european-footballs-most-complex-system/

Having played an online clan game in Belgium it does appear that SI have the league rules spot on & in if I'm honest managing in the 3rd tier is a fun experience.

I am extremely excited to see the MLS get attention. I hope it continues to get more. I have a few questions though:

Improvements made to the designated player code, so that 2 of them cannot be traded, with a 3rd slot available for purchase, with the money spent divided by the clubs in the MLS who decide to not have a 3rd slot.

What does this mean? Are you saying that you cannot trade the DP player slot itself?

Will the game be shipped with rosters that reflect DP player statuses already? I found this quite confusing last year, as it appeared that despite players being tagged as DPs they still counted their full salaries against the league limits. I assume that will change, or that I misunderstood how it worked.

Do academy players still have a choice to go into the draft? Do signed academy players salaries not count against the cap as they are Home Grown status?

I'm excited to buy Fm2012 now, I was going to wait for a sale this time. heh.

Thank you, Miles, for giving much needed attention to MLS. Hopefully, the AI will provide more intelligent squad management when dealing with salary cap issues. I have found in the past that AI teams would not utilize the entire salary cap allowance, release talented players for no apparent reason, or sign then shortly after release new players. Trading was flawed as well as it was too easy for the human user to 'rip off' AI controlled teams for good players with future draft picks.

Hi Miles. I am from Greece and as you may -or may not- know there is an unbelieavable situation going on with almost every Greek division, due to club punishments, after a huge scandal broke out this summer concerning corrupted matches etc. Since the whole thing -about which team is going to particioate and where- is probably going to be cleared around 5-10 October, is there a chance that Greek Superleague and Football League won't make it for the game? And if so, will it be patched with game release at 21 of October? Thanks in advance.

I am very excited with this MLS news. I hope teams on game will keep on getting attractive players like they do in real life lately - like Frings, Koevermans - seems best European DP player in da League, Henry, Keane, and make it better. And I am happy with those contract and trade stuff changed and made better.

Also, did you have a look into CONCACAF Champions League - sometimes teams from same country play in "Preliminary" against each other, what does not happen in real life, and draw in "Quarterfinals" is incorrect, as in real life group winners play away in quarters, while in game this seems random.

*Applause* Delighted to finally see the A-League updated, it was very difficult in the last few seasons as it didn't really match the rules in real life, hopefully all the additions make it work as it should...

Yes, up until this point it really gave a lie to SI saying they wanted an accurate simulation. Pleased they've made the effort this time around.

The new mega-headache is in Belgium - is that whole system replicated in FM12?

Get your head around this:

http://thepathslesstravelled.wordpress.com/2011/04/10/belgian-playoffs-european-footballs-most-complex-system/

It was very well implemented in FM11 so I don't see why they wouldn't manage in FM12.

Only thing I couldn't check is the influence of the Belgian Cup winner on the allocation of European qualifier spots and possible cancellation of redundant play-off matches.

The main issue was that you couldn't modify the Belgian league structure in FM11 with the editor (error in the default data). Given that for obvious reasons you couldn't recreate the league from scratch, it was impossible to edit or expand the Belgian league. Together with the newgen naming issue (most got German names), those are the bugs that the Belgian users will want to see fixed.

And yes it is overly complicated (although most Belgians get the hang of it after two seasons), but that's the price to pay for the smaller clubs not realising that you can't have an 18-division top-league in a country like Belgium.

Not to mention the failure to clean up the Second Division (better known as the Club Graveyard) which is a surprisingly large part of the problem. Personally I prefer the Swiss system (10 teams, 4 rounds).

Hurray for the A-League! :D

Has Some Guy! seen this?

I have read about the adjustments to the A-League and I'm looking forward to the Marquee adjustments, however the one thing that hasn't been mentioned in relation to the A-League is whether the regular season and final series as been merged into a single competition (similar to the MLS in the past) as they have always split these into 2 competitions.

I was told previously by Miles that there is a commercial agreement between SI Games and Football Federation of Australia (FFA) in which they tell SI how it should be structured, the problem with this is when new features are introduced this structure is incorrect, technically the regular season means nothing except for 1st place qualifies for Asia and the other 5 places qualify for the finals series and that means everything with either the grand final winner or runner up getting the other Asia spot.

Hopefully SI have changed the structure otherwise we might need "magicmastermind124" to do his thing with the editor so we can create the advanced rules and change the A-League ourselves.

Regards

---

To vote and provide feedback on my general discussion topic to introduce Staff Roles and Duties into FM Series please click on my provided link to do so http://bit.ly/u8WoDS

• 3 months later...

Could we have a "lock" button for training schedules? I loan out about 15 guys each season and have so many personal training schedules its really time consuming to keep re-adding them to the proper schedule- can we lock them so they automatically go back to the correct schedule?

cheers!

Archived