holidaying till 2999

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here is the specs im just testing it out - the leagues ive chosen are all england, spain and italy

Processor: INTEL Core i7 950 / 3.06 GHz - Quad Core

Motherboard: ASUS P6X58D-E - ATX - iX58 - USB3 - SATA600 - FireWire

RAM: Corsair XMS3-16 GB-DIMM 240-pin-DDR3-1333 MHz/PC3-10666 - CL9 - 1.5 V

Grapfic: ATI Radeon HD 5770 - 1 GB - OpenGL, DirectX 11

Harddisk: 80 GB - Intel X25-M - SSD and WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Green - 1.5 TB

shouldnt take months a week or so ill keep you updated with screenshots

here is the specs im just testing it out - the leagues ive chosen are all england, spain and italy

Processor: INTEL Core i7 950 / 3.06 GHz - Quad Core

Motherboard: ASUS P6X58D-E - ATX - iX58 - USB3 - SATA600 - FireWire

RAM: Corsair XMS3-16 GB-DIMM 240-pin-DDR3-1333 MHz/PC3-10666 - CL9 - 1.5 V

Grapfic: ATI Radeon HD 5770 - 1 GB - OpenGL, DirectX 11

Harddisk: 80 GB - Intel X25-M - SSD and WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Green - 1.5 TB

shouldnt take months a week or so ill keep you updated with screenshots

woah.

my family's iMac only has 2 GB, and it is still pretty damn fast. I'm imagining yours is like lightning! :D

Wow, how much did the machine cost, if you don't mind me asking. 16GB of RAM, that's insane! I've tried on my computer to run every league in the game before, it worked but it was damn slow, yours would probably be playable! This will be interesting when it's done, I bet there are a lot of strange things going on in the world of football in 2999!

hey guys ive turned it off for now its 2084.. ill turn it on in a bit and will post the screenshots everyone asked for when i reach 2100 and every 100 years..

lee182 hey mate the machine set me back a couple grand lol its custom built it was IIRC in the region of £2000 a decent price because someone my parents know built it

yer cause the computer will not be there after 2 days will it....

Sorry I don't get your point? Why is 2 days significant? This will obviously take more than 2 days. My point is that surely he would like to play the game rather than sitting there watching the progress indicator. And just so you are aware that was sarcasm, I know he's not going to be sitting there watching it, probably running it overnight for example but still seems a weird thing to do imo. (That's "in my opinion" meaning it's not right or wrong it's just my opinion) :)

Sorry I don't get your point? Why is 2 days significant? This will obviously take more than 2 days. My point is that surely he would like to play the game rather than sitting there watching the progress indicator. And just so you are aware that was sarcasm, I know he's not going to be sitting there watching it, probably running it overnight for example but still seems a weird thing to do imo. (That's "in my opinion" meaning it's not right or wrong it's just my opinion) :)

Apologies for not getting your sarcasm, maybe a safety wink might have helped, in my opinion..

16GB of RAM means he doesn't need to fiddle around for the next few years, I bought my PC in May last year and around May this year I'll be adding more RAM.

You should have overclocked first though, your motherboard has some good options to help get some nice overclocks out of your processor and considering I'm pushing 4.4ghz on an i7 920 you should be able to get a fair whack more from your 950 (haven't read up on overclocking a 950 specifically though). It won't be much use now, but eventually you're going to need more and more processing power.

32 bit OSs can't use more than 3.4 GB, despiting the M$ task manager says that it sees 4GB.

Other than that all the modern apps almost never uses more than 3GB even the Pro Autocad or some modern games.

If you keep open 30/40 modern games together you have some benefit adopting 16GB.

You obviously aren't aware of the memory usage of games - where does he actually say its a 32 bit OS, if there is 16GB of RAM in the computer and its either pre-built or built himself then someone somewhere down the line will have realised you just don't do that. FM uses anywhere between 0.7 - 1.2GB of RAM, World of Warcraft uses about 1.5/1.6. Mass Effect 2 just having loaded up a game is at 0.7, Civ 5 about 700 turns into a 1500 turns or so game is hitting 1.4gb RAM usage.

Most games will use around the bracket FM does - especially those which build up more as you go along, I have countless games I play so generally I know how much memory they're using because if I reach a dead-end with a game or a bored point I'll occassionally load something else up. FM is actually quite good for its memory usage. Anyone with 16GB of RAM will be on a 64 bit OS, 32 Bit programs however can only call upon 2.1gb of RAM or something at most, if they request more (some games bug out and do this) then they simply crash.

With the background processes on a computer the amount of RAM is fine, it's not efficient but if I had 16GB of RAM in my system I'd leave a hell of a lot more on in the background because my computer wouldn't notice it at all, that said though 16GB of RAM at 2000Mhz is pretty expensive so it will take a while to be able to afford RAM close to that amount.

Archived