Drogba £0

How old is Drogba, I suspect he is on a long contract and considered too old the club probably want him off the wage bill. There are unrealistic transfers in this game but in my opinion this is simply because they want a 100k 33 year old out of the club.

ronaldinho, henry. ibrahimovic, ballack, deco, shevchenko. where these real life transfers all unrealistic. if drogba loses his form and pace/ability before june 2011 hes gone, probably on a free. shevchenko went to the world cup a great player and came back a 30m flop

i think they are excuses.

i very much doubt chelsea in real life would sell drogba for £0 in July 04. He is still surely a 7-10m rated player

34 year old Drogba going for £10m, really?

A serious bug and the same old problem of trying to hide behind a pebble spouting off big name transfers and trying to justify what is clearly a very serious bug in the game. OP can you post a screenshot of his attributes as well as his form from the previous season?

OP pretty poor on your part. Don't play the game if you dont like it, dont hang around the gd forums if you dont play it. I bet your one of the these people that cries about paying ott prices aswell. A 34yr old Drogba on stupid wages wouldnt appeal to me, so maybe the AI has thought "hmmmm get rid" Shows improvement over last years game with better AI. Also when Drogba was linked with moves away this summer we were talking about no more than £15m. 12 months can cause that figure to crash. Therefore, pointless thread just putting a target on your chest.

edit* A BUG

Are you serious?

Tevez transfer to Man City in rl is a bug. Torres to Chelsea would be a bug.

Everyone is just bug bug bug. No way is it a bug.

can you do us a favour and check

his wages

competition for place in team

prefered formation for chelsea so that we know they are playing only 1, 2 strikers and his chances are slim

then u can tell us its a bug if they dont wanna ditch an old man as they have better options, and want healthier wages

Tevez transfer to Man City in rl is a bug. Torres to Chelsea would be a bug.

Everyone is just bug bug bug. No way is it a bug.

Clearly you dont understand a) How the major transfers worked b) What exactly is the problem with the game that is being termed as a bug

After two years with Manchester United, Carlos Tevez was a free agent. He was on loan with United who thought that they would be paying over the odds for a player who was not scoring regularly for them. Manchester City technically bought a free agent, but paid the money to his "handler" with who had his registration. So how can that be a bug? And Torres to Chelsea? Did Chelsea actually make a bid for the player? It is just like Man City shouting from the roof tops about signing Kaka, Messi and Ronaldo. They were just tabloid rumors and nothing else.

What is happening in the game is that AI managers are transfer listing their key players and selling them for peanuts..have already asked the OP to post his stats...if Drogba failed to play many games in the first season or played crap even if he was given chances...then yes it is a bug. Even if they signed a replacement for him, Drogba would have easily commanded some fee since a 34-year old Drogba would have been a good striker...

As someone said in another thread..if you put your SI blinkers on..no amount of argument would make you understand that the game has a serious bug...in your world..the game is perfect and has no bugs at all

The silence from SI on this issue is Deafening.

Didn't you knew? They are too busy working on this fix that they dont even have time to take a leak..let alone waste their time coming on the forums. Maybe a harsh comment but this is one of the things that i dont like about SI. They might have commented about this problem..but unless you make it a sticky there is no way that any one will waste their time searching for a hypothetical comment from the developer when it is easier to open a new thread

The silence from SI on this issue is Deafening.

As I've said elsewhere, they won't comment in threads like this, too much hate and nonsense. Also I sincerely hope that they are working on fixing stuff like this rather than coming on here every 2 minutes to find out if their mum has been insulted again because someone feels the game is unplayable.

If you look in the bugs forum, you will see that SI have acknowledged an issue and are looking into it. The problem appears to be (as usual) that everyone wants a moan about this, but no one uploads saves to SI when they ask for them, this is why it takes longer than it should.

Yes, there does exist a terrible terrible bug with the transfer system. This is affected by it. Not because Chelsea are selling Drogba for 0. They would never offer him to anyone for 0. What is more probable of happening is them transfer listing him for face value. In other words, it would probably be 600k. Any offer that comes in would probably be accepted

Didn't you knew? They are too busy working on this fix that they dont even have time to take a leak..let alone waste their time coming on the forums. Maybe a harsh comment but this is one of the things that i dont like about SI. They might have commented about this problem..but unless you make it a sticky there is no way that any one will waste their time searching for a hypothetical comment from the developer when it is easier to open a new thread

with the amount of stupid, repetitive threads, just like this one around, and in the wrong section, im not surprised they have not responded.

As I've said elsewhere, they won't comment in threads like this, too much hate and nonsense. Also I sincerely hope that they are working on fixing stuff like this rather than coming on here every 2 minutes to find out if their mum has been insulted again because someone feels the game is unplayable.

If you look in the bugs forum, you will see that SI have acknowledged an issue and are looking into it. The problem appears to be (as usual) that everyone wants a moan about this, but no one uploads saves to SI when they ask for them, this is why it takes longer than it should.

Some people have uploaded saves (I'm one of them). You should check that before making sweeping accusations.

And if people (I fall into this camp) consider their game to be unplayable due to something which is far reaching and clearly unrealistic, then why shouldn't they voice unhappiness at having to wait (presumably) until December to play the game? Probably the guts of two months since release. I've paid €50 for this game, I don't want to have to wait until Christmas to be able to play it past the first transfer window.

Yes, there does exist a terrible terrible bug with the transfer system. This is affected by it. Not because Chelsea are selling Drogba for 0. They would never offer him to anyone for 0. What is more probable of happening is them transfer listing him for face value. In other words, it would probably be 600k. Any offer that comes in would probably be accepted

nor would they let any one leave on a free transfer after paying 30m for them or even 17m. players get old they leave for free. done

Some people have uploaded saves (I'm one of them). You should check that before making sweeping accusations.

And if people (I fall into this camp) consider their game to be unplayable due to something which is far reaching and clearly unrealistic, then why shouldn't they voice unhappiness at having to wait (presumably) until December to play the game? Probably the guts of two months since release. I've paid €50 for this game, I don't want to have to wait until Christmas to be able to play it past the first transfer window.

I did check and in a number of threads SI guys have been begging for saves. I've since found gonzo....?'s thread and seen that a few people have uploaded saves. So it is happening, just not from everyone crying about it, which is typical.

I don't object to anyone making their feelings known about this (or anything) it just needs to be done in the right manner. And if you are serious about getting it fixed, then why wouldn't you rush to upload a save. This is obviously not aimed at you specifically seeing as you've been good enough to upload.

I have yet to come across this issue, so its a weird one and something that probably makes it harder for SI to locate and fix.

The transfer market is a tough one to get perfect, I think there will be complaints whatever happens. Just last year there were people complaining about clubs holding on to their ageing stars and not looking to replace them.

Just out of interest, what was the reason for offering him out? Was he unhappy at not getting in the team?

Why the hell are people defending this transfer? It's crazy.

This. I'm sorry, I would really like to like FM2011 but at the moment transfers are FUBAR.

The transfer market is a tough one to get perfect, I think there will be complaints whatever happens. Just last year there were people complaining about clubs holding on to their ageing stars and not looking to replace them.

Now they sell their old stars and buy scores of total dross. I'm not really sure it's an improvement.

Just out of interest, what was the reason for offering him out? Was he unhappy at not getting in the team?

I don't think this issue is by design dafuge. There's a thread in the bugs forum where it's described well. Basically players are getting unhappy (for different reasons) and are transfer listed with an asking price equal to their value. This leads to the likes of Tevez available for £10m, Ronaldo for £30m etc. For some players, instead they're valued at £0. Someone posted a screenie in 2012 and it was possible to assemble an excellent squad just from free transfers. In the save I uploaded, Tevez was £10, Balotelli £24.5m and £5.25m rated Darren Gibson was available for free - this was in January 2011.

So while the game is not unplayable in the sense that you can still play the game for as long as you want, the transfer dynamic is completely ruined. Top players are moving around for unrealistic peanuts and both the immersion and balance of the game are ruined. As far as I'm concerned, the game is unplayable past the first transfer window.

A lot of the anger towards SI stems from the fact that this phenomenon appears to be quite obvious to anyone who plays the game for one season - hence it's felt that either the Q&A was sorely lacking and this issue was missed, or else the game was released in an unfinished state. Either way, when you're paying €50 at the start of November, for a game that you feel is unplayable until Christmas, you're not going to be happy about it.

I've read about that issue, I just haven't experienced it yet as I'm in the lower leagues and survive on free transfers, it doesn't sound good though. Once again though, people were complaining last year that it was too difficult to sign players (see here), it is quite frustrating to see that it seems to have swung the other way and we have now lost a transfer market that some of us (including me) were perfectly happy with.

Given the new squad rules in England, how is this that unrealistic? Worth pointing out, this is a game. It tries to mimic real life but does have it's own rules.

I can easily see why this would happen. You're shocked because it's a big name. Same stats, wage, formation, competition and form but call him Jimmy McJimmy and it's no real shock.

I've always wondered how SI manage to screw up areas that we're fine the year before (last patch ofc), be it match engines, transfer systems or whatever. Suppose it's got to do with new features being introduced, and in that case it's well worth the wait until the last patch for me. We wouldn't want to be without new features, would we?

After two seasons, David Silva was offered to me for 6.5$ million. Anyone who says this isn't a bug is etiher lying, or has posters of the Si dev team in his room.

Oh wait, in two years I was offered Sergio Ramos(signed him) Etoo, Schneider Balotelli etc?....

Given the new squad rules in England, how is this that unrealistic? Worth pointing out, this is a game. It tries to mimic real life but does have it's own rules.

I can easily see why this would happen. You're shocked because it's a big name. Same stats, wage, formation, competition and form but call him Jimmy McJimmy and it's no real shock.

Tevez available for £10m in January.

Balotelli £24m in January.

Man United giving away Darren Gibson (mid season) rather than looking for a fee.

These are realistic?

Happens to players in Italy and Spain too. Messi for £29m, Hamsik for £12m.

I've also seen pretty much the entire Spurs team go for cost at the end of year 1. Modric, cost £21m, great season, sold for £7m. Bale £6m.

I'm astonished anyone could describe these as realistic.

Edit: Sorry, you were referring to Drogba

After two seasons, David Silva was offered to me for 6.5$ million. Anyone who says this isn't a bug is etiher lying, or has posters of the Si dev team in his room.

Oh wait, in two years I was offered Sergio Ramos(signed him) Etoo, Schneider Balotelli etc?....

I think transfers like this are very unrealistic. I do not think that Drogba for nothing falls into the same category, Chelsea can only register 25 players and a 33 year old on 100k a week is not worth having round. If they can get rid of him for nothing it would save lots of cash and free up some space to register a younger better player.

but in the last fm he was out of contract in 2011 and was left to go on a free and i never once heard anyone complain then, personally i would be looking to ditch him if he pace went down to low as the premiership isnt gd enough for him apart from a bottom 5 club, to many people jumping on the bandwagon about transfers in this game

Drogba available for free? It's a bug? Two questions:

1) How much did Chelsea sign Shevchenko for?

2) And how much they let him go for less than three years later (not including the loan spell at Milan)?

Oh right, just checking.

Drogba available for free? It's a bug? Two questions:

1) How much did Chelsea sign Shevchenko for?

2) And how much they let him go for less than three years later (not including the loan spell at Milan)?

Oh right, just checking.

EXACTLY

some people just like moaning about things they know nothing about

EXACTLY

some people just like moaning about things they know nothing about

It disgusts me that people like you defend such a major problem by bringing one example to counter the numerous others that prove otherwise.

By your definition, when SI fix this you won't need to download the patch because there is no problem with the transfer system.

Really disgusted by the fanboyism in these forums. You people are officially worse than Nintendo fanboys.

How can someone defend such crazy transfers is beyond me...

It disgusts me that people like you defend such a major problem by bringing one example to counter the numerous others that prove otherwise.

By your definition, when SI fix this you won't need to download the patch because there is no problem with the transfer system.

Really disgusted by the fanboyism in these forums. You people are officially worse than Nintendo fanboys.

How can someone defend such crazy transfers is beyond me...

I can see that you are disgusted by a lot of stuff.

However there really is no need to bandy the word 'fanboy' around. Especially as there isn't any really mental stuff being said, its just people are putting forward suggestions to facilitate discussion. However if all the others attack and people are branded 'fanboy' and 'haters' then where are we? In the playground. I don't know about you but I'm too old for that, so try not to be such a 'sweeping generaliser' and look at each post and judge it on its own merits.

Archived