Pretty devestated really. Today is my birthday (get your congratulations in or you're all perma-banned), and I've never seen an easter egg first hand in FM. In one of my saves I'm nearly at November, so I played for a bit this morning and got all excited as 10 November approached in game and...

a couple of messages about some reserve fixtures and that's it. No "happy birthday" from the board, no "let's hope his team gives him the best present: 3 points" message from the media. Not one fan remarks upon this. Gah.

So, anyone spotted any easter eggs in FM11 yet?

There is something about your birthday in the media when it is your birthday in game.

I played Ajax on mine and it said something about how much of a present it would be if the team win on my birthday. Shame i didn't take a screenie

Had the same. Played a match on my birthday, and a question at the press conference was, if it would be a great present to come away with a win, or something like that

As far as I'm aware Mods have a real birthday and an official birthday as befits our status:D I expect GillsMan is confused as to which one it is.

P.s. I'm getting 50p per bite;)

A bit like the Queen then??

It is interest suggestion. I also have suggestion for you, it be good if you have comedy chairman in game who send april fool joke on April 1st saying you now get extra £100 million to spend and you get excite and put in lot of bid for big name player and then you progress game and see message from chairman say april fool to you :p it is realistic because not all chairman serious,some like joke in real life

It is interest suggestion. I also have suggestion for you, it be good if you have comedy chairman in game who send april fool joke on April 1st saying you now get extra £100 million to spend and you get excite and put in lot of bid for big name player and then you progress game and see message from chairman say april fool to you :p it is realistic because not all chairman serious,some like joke in real life

It does happens. If you get to be 1st April in game and IRL you get one of those jokes.

Happy Birthday mate!

Been here for more than a year and this is your first post. Legend. :cool: Thanks for everyone else's birthday wishes as well. Nice to see everyone escaped permabans. *Gently puts his mod powers down*

Yes, I am attention whoring, but also - and I'm being genuine here - I was excited at the prospect of a news item relating to this, as I've never before played FM on my birthday when the game's been anywhere near November. I realise this is tragic for a guy of my age (29 btw).

I'm a massive fan of Easter Eggs in general in computer games (and computer software as a whole). I think that's one of the reasons I've loved the GTA games. I get that some people hate them, and I really understand why people would hate them, but the April Fool's one the alleged birthday ones (I didn't get it, so it's just alleged) and any others are a nice bit of fun IMO.

GillsMan I believe your computer clock needs to be set ti the same date as your ingame birthday. Are you sure the date is correct on your machine?

Hmmm, good theory actually. It 100% should be, I'll check the motherboard clock tonight, as that could have other knock-on effects if that's wrong, but the system date is correct (I think) so it should be correct.

Here's another possible theory: in your game settings, you can change the format of the date in game (ie, mm/dd/yyy or dd/mm/yyy). How you input your date in the manager screen would reflect whatever setting this is set at. I have this problem because I'm in the states (so I had to change it to mm/dd/yyyy). Could it be your inputted your birthday day and month switched around on accident?

Happy Birthday mate. It's a shame if they haven't put some sort of easter eggs in somewhere. In fact in the official podcast, Miles did mention that some of the shops behind the grounds do have funny names so somebody somewhere did think at least a little bit "outside of the box". I'm sure when playing FM10 after 10 or so seasons I remember seeing regens names that were a bit dubious.

Archived