I won't be downloading the demo this year. I want to experience the whole new game

On release day for the first time ever. After downloading the demo over the years it does take away from the playing it first time experience, it's not really a surprise, just get straight into a game and that's it.

I can see why people do, but in the past years i have been more excited for the demo then the 1st day of release because let's face it that's where you mostly experience the new features. In the full game it's all about the long term save, nothing is that surprising!

I download the demo, start off with a team in a league that I dont know and woudnt go for in the real game and then use it to get used to the interface and any new features. This way it doesnt spoil my career game which I start when the game comes out

Umm you got me thinking. I normally download demo play and use that as my saved game. Though, as it is out only 2 weeks before the main game, (pre-ordered from Steam), might try and not play demo.

Trouble is, I will want to see the new features!

Not bothered about the other new games as I am going through a retro period e.g HL2, SWEAW, Xcom defense etc but to know that the demo is there and to try and ignore it, well that will be a test.

K

I can see why people do, but in the past years i have been more excited for the demo then the 1st day of release because let's face it that's where you mostly experience the new features. In the full game it's all about the long term save, nothing is that surprising!

Seeing as this years bigges feauture is DLR that should make those long term saves a bit more exciting.

On release day for the first time ever. After downloading the demo over the years it does take away from the playing it first time experience, it's not really a surprise, just get straight into a game and that's it.

:thup: Yes me too

I don't really mind that much tbh. The first game is so exciting that the lack of players and leagues wont both me.

I see. Do the Hull City thread mate?

I never will :( my laptop won't handle it. Gotta hope I get a big xmas bonus to spend on a new one or maybe even a desktop.

Sorry, to hear that. After I get the game I'll wait for a couple of days to see if there will be a patch soon and then begin with playing.

Not going to do it this year, probably. I have done it for FM08,09 and 10 so I think it's time for someone else to.

Now back on topic, vanilla demo or strawberry? Which one do you download?

The one with all the graphics etc.

Usually download the demo, however, if the demo is going to be released 2 weeks before release date, I probably won't have time for it.

So many quality games coming out now that it's unreal;

Now: Castlevania, Enslaved

Week 2: Medal of Honor

Week 3: Fallout: New Vegas, Vanquish

Week 4: Fable III

Week 5: Gran Turismo 5, FM 11

Week 6: COD: Black Ops

Gonna be tough for FM this year to say the least.

Umm you got me thinking. I normally download demo play and use that as my saved game. Though, as it is out only 2 weeks before the main game, (pre-ordered from Steam), might try and not play demo.

Trouble is, I will want to see the new features!

Not bothered about the other new games as I am going through a retro period e.g HL2, SWEAW, Xcom defense etc but to know that the demo is there and to try and ignore it, well that will be a test.

K

No point for me, it will only be a small database with limited countries. Id rather wait 2 weeks and start a proper game.

I like the demo to make sure I've got tactics and training still working right, so I don't end up making a bad start in the full game. Especially this year as the training options are different.

THIS. Thats exactly why I play the demo.

I love the demo so I can learn the new features, interface etc... as stated in my previous post. That way the I feel that when I start my career on the main game it is more realistic as I know the features and the game inside out. I therefore hopefully cannot make a mistake and forget to do something that is included as a feature. It was be disheartening to find out mid December,and would make me want to start my career game again (unrealisitc) that your players can have individual training etc..., which I may not have known unless I had used the demo.

The demo is a must for me - it gives me time to check out the new features . This year to try out the set piece creator and perfect set pieces before i start long term saves. It means I can also start looking at players to buy, how much they might cost me and start my shortlists and training plans. These will be saved and loaded to the full game when I get it at xmas.

Gives me a running start and I can get straight into my long term save.

Archived