do not make 3d match like fifa in years to come!

Barrs

I think they should keep the 3d match how it is, don’t think they should bother improving it to the likes of fifa. improve the football itself, with a fine tune of the match, the ball curling players rolling around when getting hurt, diving, arguing with the ref and the linesman, show player fighting with players to get the ball, and a lot more stuff, but i like how the 3d is set out, in fm 11 it looks a lot clear and fine, what else would you like to see in the 3d match other then improving the graffics?

I think they should keep the 3d match how it is, don’t think they should bother improving it to the likes of fifa. improve the football itself, with a fine tune of the match, the ball curling players rolling around when getting hurt, diving, arguing with the ref and the linesman, show player fighting with players to get the ball, and a lot more stuff, but i like how the 3d is set out, in fm 11 it looks a lot clear and fine, what else would you like to see in the 3d match other then improving the graffics?

I see what you mean, but I would love it to be improved in all segments.

i think the same: few improvements are good.

I'm probably the only person still playing in 2D Classic. :D

I really don't care about the 3D. I see why people like it, don't get me wrong, but I'm just not interested.

I'd rather play in 2D. Something about the imagination factor, being able to see all of the dots from above, always having the player numbers visible. That sort of thing.

I can't honestly imagine switching to 3D and I really dislike the idea of the stadiums and that sort of thing. It's all in my head and I don't want it ruined by seeing a 3D representation of it that can never match my imagination. I feel really strongly about that.

I'm happy with my dots thanks! :D

All just my opinion, naturally. :)

I really don't care about the 3D. I see why people like it, don't get me wrong, but I'm just not interested.

I'd rather play in 2D. Something about the imagination factor, being able to see all of the dots from above, always having the player numbers visible. That sort of thing.

I can't honestly imagine switching to 3D and I really dislike the idea of the stadiums and that sort of thing. It's all in my head and I don't want it ruined by seeing a 3D representation of it that can never match my imagination. I feel really strongly about that.

Stupid dots.

I had to switch to playing in 2d when my graphics card broke and actually enjoyed it but as soon as I got another one I switched back to 3d. I would like to see all areas improved including graphics.

3d is pointless unless they make players start doing tricks when ever i do watch it my most skillful players go past people but just knock it past them and run onto it

yeah i no what your saying, skills would be good but i think players that have over 15 or something to do that, i wouldnt like them to improve on the 3d alot, but a lot of things on the pitch and im sure SI will be more then capable of doing that, mud in the goal area water all over it the ball not going across the grass as it would on a normal day, and the hand ball would be a good 1, its the little things that give it a buzz, like having someone speak on the mic saying the team line up, when players score, subs etc etc, it gives it a good feel i think.

a true football manager watch the game on 2D, especially the first times, for watch the new tactics...

I think that animations should come before graphics. I really don't mind not having great graphics and would just rather see more animations put into the game. :thup:

I second that.

Especially dribbling, tackling, diving for the Goalies, Goalscoring, free kicks .......

I wouldn't like a graphic detail such as the fifa games one.

I would like to see the manager on the bench, then you can choose a type of personality for yourself..for example, if you say that you are temperamental, you will see the manager moving his arms endlessly, or a calmer one will sit on the bench or just walk sometimes..

Then also more skills from the players, more lobs and more acrobacy..

I wouldn't like a graphic detail such as the fifa games one.

I would like to see the manager on the bench, then you can choose a type of personality for yourself..for example, if you say that you are temperamental, you will see the manager moving his arms endlessly, or a calmer one will sit on the bench or just walk sometimes..

Then also more skills from the players, more lobs and more acrobacy..

yeah that sounds alright aswell mate, see the ball boys and players warming up on the sideline

Hmm, well I would like to see the graphics continually improving - providing we still get the options of switching to 2D. The new graphics look fab anyway, but there is always room for improvement.

i agree it look neat!!

Just an opinion mate, its so predictable and the way your defenders "defend" really grinds my gears. i just dont like it to be honest, it kind of makes LMA manager's match engine look good!

That being said FM10 is awsome.

I echo what SCIAG said. They'll be defending bad in 3d aswell. Maybe it's just the way your team player which makes you predictable... and rubbish at defending. ;)

I echo what SCIAG said. They'll be defending bad in 3d aswell. Maybe it's just the way your team player which makes you predictable... and rubbish at defending.

Wow. Read my last post please.

God i didnt know these forums were filled with fan boys! its the same when i watch my friends play the game, i just dont like how it looks, or am i not aloud a negative opinion against FM :S?

You're not the only one.

Wow. Read my last post please.

God i didnt know these forums were filled with fan boys! its the same when i watch my friends play the game, i just dont like how it looks, or am i not aloud a negative opinion against FM :S?

Sorry, I was writing my post whilst you were posting yours, therefore I didn't see it until after I posted mine.

I understand what you mean. I agree the element of imagination in 2d is good and I like that but overall I prefer 3d.

:thup:

One day FIFA graphics with FM's match engine would be nice!!!

Pretty unrealistic for any of the next 10 years though let's be honest.

I'm happy with the way it works, I think the way the game is and the tactical side of things are pretty realistic. It's still fun to watch and serves a purpose when you watch out for it tactically, in the way you want the team to play. I think it's spot on, can improve no doubt, more animations, better defending at times, different type goals, but on the whole, it's pretty good and pretty realistic in terms of movement/tactics.

I used to be a 2D hardcore enthusiast, but every time I went to play the game from Steam I'd see a nice looking screentshot of the 3D view behind the play button.

One day I took the plunge, turned all settings down apart from player detail and I've never looked back =)

But have to agree, defending looks pretty poor in 3D. Players running sideways really winds me up - "Watch while I side step 90 yards down the pitch to chase after their speedy striker with 19 Pace" says my lumbering fullback with pace of 5 =)

Since the graphics department isn't the same department working on the match engine, I don't see much of a reason for them not to make the graphics as good as possible.

Of course, I play in 2D, but I'm all for a better match game experience, and I think graphics would help in that.

I always watch the first half with just the commentary on! I'm old school.

Just replays of the goals, no highlights. And the replays are always in 2D, none of this 3D malarkey for me.

In the second half, if I am leading by 2 goals or more, I just leave it on commentary (always at full speed).

However, if the game is dodgy, i.e I am losing, drawing or leading by just one goal, I switch to extended highlights and slow the game down a few notches.

FM doesn't need FIFA graphics imo. What it does need however and better animations and more of them. Judging by FM 11 screenshots and videos, the graphics have improved but the animations are still awfully robotic and unnatural. We need smoother transitions between animations, that's what FIFA is really good at. Even PES isn't all that great but it's still obviously much more fluid than FM.

Are you lot serious???? The graphics of FIFA11 are immense. How would you not want that? I dream of the day when I sign a world class player and be able to see him play in full on FIFA graphics and see that his style of play is different form other players etc and can notice him in a second, rather than waiting for his number etc.

Sometimes change is for the good. Not sure Liverpool fans would agree though...

Are you lot serious???? The graphics of FIFA11 are immense. How would you not want that? I dream of the day when I sign a world class player and be able to see him play in full on FIFA graphics and see that his style of play is different form other players etc and can notice him in a second, rather than waiting for his number etc.

Sometimes change is for the good. Not sure Liverpool fans would agree though...

Lol players don't even dribble in FM (yet), so fat chance we can see distinct styles.

I want a heck lot more animations before graphics.

Archived