FM2011 : Social network features and new camera angle revealed

• SI Staff

LONDON (September 24th, 2010) – Sports Interactive and SEGA Europe announced today that the PC version of Football Manager™ 2011 will include the ability to publish achievements and goals to social networking sites, and will have a new camera angle for the 3D match view.

The 2011 version of the award-winning Football Manager series will introduce the ability to upload videos from the hugely improved Match Engine directly to a YouTube account. This will also include videos from the new match engine camera angle, dubbed the “TV camera” due to it being a moving and more zoomed in camera, much like you’d see when watching a match on TV.

Via Twitter, managers can set manual or automatic updates of achievements to their Twitter account, whilst STEAM users can publish over 80 achievements to a personal virtual manager’s office on www.footballmanager.com as well as their STEAM profiles.

Video highlight uploading with the new camera view is already in action and can be seen on Sports Interactive’s YouTube channel now at www.youtube.com/sigamesofficial

Today’s new features announcement follows the revealing of over a dozen headline features over the last two weeks, a complete list of which can be found at www.footballmanager.com

All budding football managers will be happy to hear that the highly anticipated Football Manager™ 2011, for PC and Apple Macintosh and Football Manager Handheld™ 2011 for Sony PlayStation® Portable will be released on the 5th November.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The 2011 version of the award-winning Football Manager series will introduce the ability to upload videos from the hugely improved Match Engine directly to a YouTube account.

Great news! Are you able to save them locally as video files, as well?

The video of Wimbledon v Luton shows off the floodlights effect, it looks pretty good to me. One of the other ones show off the effect of shops outside of the stadium as well.

I do have a question regarding those, on the stadium of the team that we manage will those shops and stadium effect be consistently the same unless there is a stadium upgrade?

Regarding uploading vidoes of matches to Youtube, is it the whole match, goals only or highlights?

Or can we even just pick a part we want to upload from the PKM?

Cosmetic changes like the houses at the back outside the ground, these are the little things that go a long long way in polishing the product as a whole. I'm going to go induce a coma and wake up a day before the release of the game. I say a day because I'll need to shower and eat and stuff.

New angle looks pretty good. With regards to the shops, buildings etc...will it be possible to take them off if you wish? Not that I will but if it struggles to run on some computers then some people may want to take them off if possible.

November 5th seems so far away :( Hoping it will come quickly!

New angle looks pretty good. With regards to the shops, buildings etc...will it be possible to take them off if you wish? Not that I will but if it struggles to run on some computers then some people may want to take them off if possible.

November 5th seems so far away :( Hoping it will come quickly!

i think that you could remove, in FM2010 you can remove fans...

Wow that last video is pretty good compared to last years. Love that camera angle.

Though did anyone else see the guy that slid into the ground and looked like a midget at like 10 seconds lol :D

I think that the ME is not ready yet 100% ?!

Wow that last video is pretty good compared to last years. Love that camera angle.

Though did anyone else see the guy that slid into the ground and looked like a midget at like 10 seconds lol :D

I think that the ME is not ready yet 100% ?!

That is actually just a minor bug with the encoding process, which we're looking into. It doesn't occur during the normal course of the match.

miles I think u shouldn't release any videos of the game contains bug u must finish the encoding process (without bugs) first then when the game look ready u know what to do

i think that they know what to do, there are little bugs, nothing more.

Archived